What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (13 Viewers)

I don't love it but I like it given the circumstances.  Getting an asset back for KD is huge. They have no other way to add talent besides trading the untradables.

They desperately need youth and shooting. I love Iggy but he provides neither, wasn't cheap and gets hurt a lot. They weren't contending this year anyway. 
I’m not sure Russell is an asset on a max deal, even putting aside the poor fit issues. 

Really liking the Horford move more-and-more the longer I look at it.  So many nuanced outcomes for Philly with his addition.
stil would like to see them grab a quality 3 point shooter from outside, but if not, they should be fine. will be winning differently then a lot of teams, but still certainly have a strong path to winning. Only a few teams who can guard against a line-up the size they will be

Lakers not saying or doing anything. Interesting contrast to offseasons past.
it is intriguing. I would never have guessed Kawhi would go to the Lakers, but now it certainly seems possible. Still have plenty of options if it doesn't pan out, with Morris or a few other good/solid players

Klay still doesn't need the ball. DLO will have to be willing to have the ball less, but I assume he knew what he was getting himself into.
He was a good passer and had nice vision when he was with the Lakers at times - just wasn't consistent with it. Didn't see much of him on the Nets to know if he moved forward with that.

I’m not sure Russell is an asset on a max deal, even putting aside the poor fit issues. 
His TS% was a bit low but overall his age-22 numbers are kinda on par with other great PGs like Kemba, Lillard, and Kyrie at that age. It’s conceivable that he could play into that contract, although his upside is definitely capped by his subpar athleticism.

More expensive than last year and in future years meaning less flexibility. Butler, Harris, and Reddick on expiring deals could have turned into anything. It turned into Harris, Horford, and Richardson on long term deals. The flexibility is gone, the price is higher, and the question is - are they any better?
Do they have to be?  They lost to the eventual NBA champs in game 7 on a buzzer beater that hit the rim 16 times.  Locking up a team that was basically on par with the NBA champs for the next 3+ years seems like a pretty decent outcome.

Nate Duncan‏Verified account @NateDuncanNBA 2m2 minutes ago

More

W/ Iguodala trade, Russell and Klay both maxes and dump Livingston's GT, GSW 5 players. A mere $18.2m below the hard cap to fill out 9 roster slots. Even if they keep McKinnie, Graham, Napier NG, $13.1m for 6. Goodbye Looney, Cousins, Cook, possibly Bell.

This'll be interesting to say the least.

Klay still doesn't need the ball. DLO will have to be willing to have the ball less, but I assume he knew what he was getting himself into.
Taking the ball out of Curry’s hands to put it in the hands of a poor man’s Curry doesn’t seem wise even if it’s workable. Those two will be exploitable weaknesses on defense. And they’ll have $65 million per year tied up on those two pretty redundant pieces. 

it is intriguing. I would never have guessed Kawhi would go to the Lakers, but now it certainly seems possible. Still have plenty of options if it doesn't pan out, with Morris or a few other good/solid players
They need serious backcourt help. I figure Beverley is probably plan B. Hope he stays on the shelf until Leonard figures it out. Even then, they'll need someone who can hit 3's consistently. I think they're screwed and Leonard will end up back in Toronto, but we'll see. The Clippers aren't exactly going gangubsters here either. Not a great FA season so far for Los Angeles.

He was a good passer and had nice vision when he was with the Lakers at times - just wasn't consistent with it. Didn't see much of him on the Nets to know if he moved forward with that.
He was a solid passer with the Nets. I think he fits really well as a catch-and-shoot guy in GS, his main deficiencies on offense were shaking guys off the dribble and getting to the hoop. He’s awfully slow.

He was a solid passer with the Nets. I think he fits really well as a catch-and-shoot guy in GS, his main deficiencies on offense were shaking guys off the dribble and getting to the hoop. He’s awfully slow.
Without Iggy Klay and Looney next year, I don't see how Curry and Russell are going to look defensively. 

Jacob Evans, time!

Yeah, watching him try to get through the lane on the dribble was like watching someone run on wet sand.

His TS% was a bit low but overall his age-22 numbers are kinda on par with other great PGs like Kemba, Lillard, and Kyrie at that age. It’s conceivable that he could play into that contract, although his upside is definitely capped by his subpar athleticism.
He doesn’t get to the line, unlike those guys, and will always be a defensive minus. And that’s assuming he’s able to shoot tough shots at the same or better rate he did last year (I’m actually bullish on this front, though there’s a good argument one shouldn’t be so optimistic). 

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 34s35 seconds ago

More

Free agent Bobby Portis has agreed to a two-year, $31M deal with the Knicks, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.

I had all my eggs in the D-Lo basket.  Not sure what to do now. Wolves have 11 guys on contracts and not much room to add anyone else.  FUN.  I'm a Jazz fan now.  Need to get a shirt.

It's almost like Reddick picks the best spots to play in for when he is a full-time media member.  Played with everyone.  So many stories.  Connections.

Users who are viewing this thread