What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper advice (1 Viewer)

IndianaVikingfan

Footballguy
8 team league, allowed to keep 6 with no penalties, standard scoring non-PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1D, 6 BENCH. I took 1st place last year and so I draft at the 8/9 turn. My team from last year is Mahomes, Ryan, Melvin Gordon, Kamara, Mixon, Guice, Ingram, Beckham, Julio, Smith-Schuster,  Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen,  Kittle. I have been keeping 2 RBs and 4Wrs the last few years because I took over a terrible team and rebuilt it and RBs were hard to come by. Last year I was able to acquire Mixon so I was planning to keep 3 RBs and 3 WRs. Then Mahomes and Kittle happened. I was prepared to keep Mahomes, Gordon, Kamara, Mixon, Julio and Beckham, begrudgingly dropping Kittle and Smith-Schuster. Now Gordon's holdout seems likely to miss games, and I'm wondering if I should drop Gordon and keep Smith-Schuster or Kittle. I hate to lose Gordon, but I don't think that holding a 2nd round RB that may not perform this year is a smart play when I have the #2 TE and a top 10 WR who could put up top 5 numbers, available for me to keep instead. If I drop Gordon I was thinking about keeping Kittle because it would give me a HUGE advantage over the league. This would make my starters outstanding and would allow me to ignore QB and TE and draft nothing but WRs and RBs for the next 6 rounds. It would be hard to give up Smith-Schuster, though. Any thoughts?

Tough one, but I'd lean towards dropping Gordon (unless there's a breakthrough on his contract talks before your draft) and keeping Kittle.  The quality in TE drops off faster than at WR, so you could get more WR quality with TE covered.

Can you trade some of these guys away for picks or upgrades?  Also can you keep them forever?  If so I would lean towards keeping JuJu as his career span is likely to be the longest in question.   However,  I just realized it was only an 8 team league which might change my mind to Kittle because of the positional benefit.

No, we can't trade for draft picks, and I don't see us changing that rule. The idea behind it is that we are each keeping 6 so that's 48 top players off the board, so owners of bad teams can hurt themselves long-term by trading high draft picks, while the better teams get 2 first-round picks. Kind of the rich-get-richer thang. 

Users who are viewing this thread