What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disrespecting Donald Trump vs disrespecting the office of the Presidency (1 Viewer)

It’s sad that there are actually people that get salty when Trump gets cheers.  
I don't think people got salty over the fact he got cheers. It was the claim that these cheers in the deep south at a football game are representative of how "Real America" feels.

Let's say Trump attends the USC/UCLA game in Southern California on 11/23. If he were booed there would anyone seriously think or suggest that was a representation of how "Real America" feels about him?

Context is everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

Its funny how they celebrate the liberal boos in DC and create threads about it but the positive doesn't get a peep or just the salty "well it's Alabama".  Another great example of the interesting times we are in .
The thread wasn’t about him getting booed but how you feel about booing the prez.

Its fine, it’s ok to cheer him. 

People aren’t really shocked he gets cheered at a Bama football game. 

Well to be fair, the student were originally threatened that they would loose their tickets for the rest of the season if they booed him...although that was later walked back but maybe they felt it wasn't worth risking it
To be more fair they have one home game left against W Carolina. How many does anyone want to buy for $10?  I can fill any number. That threat is more like a favor to the students because the refund would exceed the value.  

I don't think people got salty over the fact he got cheers. It was the claim that these cheers in the deep south at a football game are representative of how "Real America" feels.

Let's say Trump attends the USC/UCLA game in Southern California on 11/23. If he were booed there would anyone seriously think or suggest that was a representation of how "Real America" feels about him?

Context is everything.
He’s terrified to go anywhere that might boo him or chant “lock him up”. 

Bozeman Bruiser said:
Video of crowd reaction to Trump

I'll respect the new rules and spare you the endzone dance, but this should be a wake up call for anyone who thinks Trump is in trouble for 2020.
Anybody who thinks Trump won’t win Alabama is crazy; anybody who thinks a WS game in DC is representative of the entire country is crazy;  anybody who thinks a college football game in Alabama is representative of the entire country is crazy.  He’s both widely popular and widely loathed.

knowledge dropper said:
It’s sad that there are actually people that get salty when Trump gets cheers.  
It is a bit alarming how invested Democrats are in this. I hoped Obama got booed every place he went, but I didn’t plan my entire evening and dissect every different YouTube video of the event to score political points and make myself feel better. 

LSU was winning when trump arrived and won the game.  I would have been doing a lot cheering too.

you can boo for somebody

I think when its a coordinated act though, where the crowd is led into a chant .... that's pathetic IMO and not indicative of the crowd but rather the puppet masters pulling the strings behind it.

It is a bit alarming how invested Democrats are in this. I hoped Obama got booed every place he went, but I didn’t plan my entire evening and dissect every different YouTube video of the event to score political points and make myself feel better. 
I can speak for 3 Democrats, myself and my voting age daughters. They weren't  even aware of this event until I brought it up, and I wouldn't be aware of it if not for the fact that I'm a football fan. It didn't  affect my evening, and I haven't seen a single YouTube video. But I did enjoy the loss by Saban's team and watching a great performance by the future Dolphin QB.

BTW, Trump's unpopularity extends outside the USA to almost every democracy, except for Israel. It's not just Democrats that disapprove or mock him. 

I can speak for 3 Democrats, myself and my voting age daughters. They weren't  even aware of this event until I brought it up, and I wouldn't be aware of it if not for the fact that I'm a football fan. It didn't  affect my evening, and I haven't seen a single YouTube video. But I did enjoy the loss by Saban's team and watching a great performance by the future Dolphin QB.

BTW, Trump's unpopularity extends outside the USA to almost every democracy, except for Israel. It's not just Democrats that disapprove or mock him. 
Trump is back at 49% approval (4pts higher than Obama at this point in his presidency). I love how wildly unpopular you guys think he is. Boozeman was right on the money up thread, Democrats better take this as a big wake up call.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_nov08?fullbrowser

Trump is back at 49% approval (4pts higher than Obama at this point in his presidency). I love how wildly unpopular you guys think he is. Boozeman was right on the money up thread, Democrats better take this as a big wake up call.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_nov08?fullbrowser
He’s wildly popular and wildly unpopular.  

I don’t place a lot of weight in single polls and Rasmussen has some flaws.  

I believe that as impeachment goes on Trump’s approval will actually go up a bit because many Republicans who are not Trump supporters will unify with the party- while not fans of Trump’s actions they will regard the Democrats as overreaching- we already see some of that taking place. 

But once the Senate has had its vote and the initial reaction of defiance and anger wanes, look for Trump’s approval numbers to shrink lower than they’ve ever been. Let’s check back on this question around March or so. 

41.4% approval per Nate Silver. Here's a handy link: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
I think one of the most interesting aspects of that page - just how consistently unpopular Trump is, and has been from the start.

The unpopular aspect is somewhat easy to understand - a majority of voters voted against him in 2016.  But, the consistency I think shows the polarization of the country - in ways it has not been in the past.

Nothing Trump says or does moves the needle up or down.  When you compare that to past presidents, they all had their ups and downs - suggesting that people were less polarized then, and reacted according to specific things/policies - rather than a blanket approval/disapproval no matter what the president did.

I am sure the Trump supporters will point to that as proof the Deep State, and left-leaning media are out to get Trump - but I think this shows that the polarization is unique to Trump, and that when Trump leaves office we will return to normal divisiveness - at least we all better hope so.  The alternative is that Trump has broken us.

you can boo for somebody

I think when its a coordinated act though, where the crowd is led into a chant .... that's pathetic IMO and not indicative of the crowd but rather the puppet masters pulling the strings behind it.
Indeed, see "Lock Her Up!"

I think one of the most interesting aspects of that page - just how consistently unpopular Trump is, and has been from the start.

The unpopular aspect is somewhat easy to understand - a majority of voters voted against him in 2016.  But, the consistency I think shows the polarization of the country - in ways it has not been in the past.

Nothing Trump says or does moves the needle up or down.  When you compare that to past presidents, they all had their ups and downs - suggesting that people were less polarized then, and reacted according to specific things/policies - rather than a blanket approval/disapproval no matter what the president did.

I am sure the Trump supporters will point to that as proof the Deep State, and left-leaning media are out to get Trump - but I think this shows that the polarization is unique to Trump, and that when Trump leaves office we will return to normal divisiveness - at least we all better hope so.  The alternative is that Trump has broken us.
What is concerning is Trump won the majority of states quite easily 30-20. Will that hold up again?  I am worried if this impeachment fails it will bite the Dems big in the rear end next year. It will be 4 years of wasted time, energy and $$$ trying to remove Trump.

Symptom, not catalyst. 
I don't think so - at the very least is a little of both.  Obama had peaks and valleys which suggests that his support was not lock-step partisanship.  Yet, Trump is consistently unpopular - despite what he calls a great economy - which is usually a good indicator of presidential popularity.

I don't think so - at the very least is a little of both.  Obama had peaks and valleys which suggests that his support was not lock-step partisanship.  Yet, Trump is consistently unpopular - despite what he calls a great economy - which is usually a good indicator of presidential popularity.
I’d argue it’s more an issue of fatigue than brokenness.  

cobalt_27 said:
To be fair...it’s Alabama.
Trump's week in sports can be summed up with Marvel.

So, War Machine tells a story to super heroes and they are unimpressed. In this metaphor, Trump is War Machine. Thor and Iron Man are all :shrug:

War Machine is hurt, distraught, sad. He must seek out others to feel great again. At the 1:50 mark, War Machine Trump seeks solitude with people who don't know any better. Are those people his "safe space" or are they simply allowing a story teller to tell his story? We then see at 1:57, the desired reaction. Ego refueled.

If Trump has to keep going to the edges of America to feel good, well, that is sad.

What is concerning is Trump won the majority of states quite easily 30-20. Will that hold up again?  I am worried if this impeachment fails it will bite the Dems big in the rear end next year. It will be 4 years of wasted time, energy and $$$ trying to remove Trump.
Trump will win a majority of states quite easily.

The better question is - will he win Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin?  Its too early to tell, but his favorability rating in those states has tanked since 2016.

Fair enough. You might be very well right. I just saw these seeds being sown from 1992 onward, with the rise of the Reform Party and the constant Iowa success of economic populists on the right. Mix that with evangelical support for justices and you've got the perfect intractable firestorm that divides along support/non-support lines for one person and one person alone. if Donald Trump seems authoritarian, it's because he's tapped into a weird coalition of voters. Think of his coalition as almost parliamentary in nature, and you've got a better grasp of the situation. (Not you as in you, but you as in "if one...".) 

Bozeman Bruiser said:
1. World Series in DC for first time in 86 years? Trump attends.

2. Trump has been good friends with Dana White, president of UFC for nearly 20 years. He gave them a shot by hosting an event at Taj Mahal when most of America was trying to shut them. Trump attending a UFC event in NYC has been in the works for several years. Interview with Dana White

3. Attending the Bama-LSU game has likely been on the schedule for months as well, considering LA has an election for governor next weekend. Trump held a rally a few weeks ago in Lake Charles, this week in Monroe, and next week in Bossier City. Attending the game would be a boost for LA and AL. A potential AL Senate candidate was in the booth with him as well, Tommy Tuberville.

While it is cute that some of you live in a world where everything is dictated by CNN talking points and hatred of Trump, the reality is that he is a hard working, loyal, smart businessman. So he might attend some events that involve his longtime friends (Dana White) or constituents with important elections (LA and AL) on the horizon.
He has been to how many UFC events before this one?

Link to the Bama game on his schedule for months?

Great post here. Well said 

That’s very debatable but at least you admit to your side. 
its actually not debatable at all

Trump is an antagonist, and the GOP will use anything they can to attack and destroy a Democrats

Democrats will stop at nothing to get to Trump - paying false accusers, trying the Russia angle, tax angle, now this lol "whistleblower" angle .... and they will use anything they can to attack and destroy a Republican

What if ...  in the coming Presidential debates, policy only was talked about and no mud slinging, no personal attacks etc etc? That's be awesome wouldn't it? but it won't happen, both parties have degraded themselves to slum levels :(

Trump is an antagonist, and the GOP will use anything they can to attack and destroy a Democrats

Democrats will stop at nothing to get to Trump - paying false accusers, trying the Russia angle, tax angle, now this lol "whistleblower" angle .... and they will use anything they can to attack and destroy a Republican

What if ...  in the coming Presidential debates, policy only was talked about and no mud slinging, no personal attacks etc etc? That's be awesome wouldn't it? but it won't happen, both parties have degraded themselves to slum levels :(
Who paid false accusers.  That seems like an accusation here that should be backed up.  Can you please provide a link to that?

The Democrats didn’t start the Mueller investigation.  And it was a warranted investigation.  Comparing that to some of the attacks we are seeing seems tk be an odd comparison.

The tax angle has been ongoing and the courts are agreeing.  Again, not really a comparison to make.

The Whistleblower went to the OG appointed by Trump.  Its a big deal not some “lol” moment.

I don't know if we should be labeling the residents of the state ranked near the bottom in most measureables of modernity as "regular everyday people. " Alabama seems to be an outlier by any reasonable definition.

:confused:   Who were the false accusers that the Democrats paid? 

I'm not in the arguing mood today. If anyone thinks Democrats aren't behind all of this witch hunting, I don't know what to say about that. GOP was behind trying to bash and tear down Obama, obviously, that's what opposing political parties do sadly. 

But this thing going on right now is all time low. Part of that is Trump being who he is, but none the less, Democrats COULD focus on policies etc and not on taxes of faux Russia or this staged whistleblower nonsense. Its all waste - and American's see it IMO

Anyway, public booing at a sports event etc? 100% against that, that's not what a sporting event is supposed to be IMO

Users who are viewing this thread