What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KC weather - who do you downgrade? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
I’ve seen comparisons when Brady threw  for 6 TDs in a blizzard as defensive backs had a disadvantage. How does this affect your decisions for Mahomes, Lindsay, Sutton, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the fence with the KC D right now or SEA D.

Is it really that bad in KC?

Snow minus any wind really wouldn't be a big deal. Could see WRs getting loose.

I’ve seen comparisons when Brady threw  for 6 TDs in a blizzard as defensive backs had a disadvantage. How does this affect your decisions for Mahomes, Lindsay, Sutton, etc?
It has my attention. The wind is the biggest factor when it comes to the passing. I see the wind being nominal. The snow favors the WR as they know the route and the defensive backs must either guess or get burned. I can see Mahomes being solid. I can see all KC receivers do well. Now, I am also tempering expectations like most everyone else. Do I start Jimmy G over Patrick Mahomes? Can't do it.

RB's I would shy away from. Perhaps Lindsey scoots for some yardage?

So, the word "blizzard" usually means heavy winds too. 5-7" of snow, not so much bad.

KC D/ST is a potential play.

On the fence with the KC D right now or SEA D.

Is it really that bad in KC?

Snow minus any wind really wouldn't be a big deal. Could see WRs getting loose.
i'm not sure there are many examples when the snow comes down this hard of an offensive showcase

i have mahones and in that kind of snowfall all i think i can hope for is 2 tds...i may as well start tannehill

i mean in this type of weather i don't think anyone is expecting 400 and 4tds from mahones...he is downgraded to hoping he gets 250 and 2...which is a pretty pedestrian game

My only other options are Eli or Fitzpatrick...I can't let my championship hopes ride on that because of the weather. 

any kc local folks around

i'm part of a kc fan group and there are people that trying to give away tickets becasue they don't think it's safe to drive and the drive home will be impossible

Historically snow is better for an offense than a defense. 

wind would worry me more.  :shrug:

we’ll see what happens. 
This is true.   That said this isn't going to help the chiefs offense as a whole imo.   I would downgrade everyone, which sucks

i've offically pulled mahones and hill...

maybe a fatal mistake but i have diggs and winston as backups

damn yea that was alot of snow on the field actually lol. gonna be ugly.   I picked up a different kicker, I have to roll with hill though.  Cannot bench him, I will roll the dice with him over Gallop and sanders.

Putting KC D in. 

Gotta think the O/U has gone down because of this weather. Just watched a local KC weather video and it sounds like the heaviest is going to come down right now.

Just put Tannehill in for Mahomes based on the weather and the report from Glazer about his hand.  I may regret it but...

PATRICK MAHOMESQB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Chiefs are "nervous" about Patrick Mahomes suffering further damage to his injured throwing hand.

Per Glazer, Mahomes' injury was a "sprain on the outside" of his hand, and it was "black and blue on both sides." Glazer reports Mahomes was struggling to grip the ball until Thursday but was "slinging it" by Friday. It's the rare time we hear a team is actually concerned about further injury, but it is not enough to get Mahomes out of fantasy lineups for the semifinals.

That's just wishful thinking
Maybe if I were wishing for it... I don't have any KC players on any teams I am in the playoffs with, so I don't really need to wish for them to do well... 

Heavy snow and low wind favors offense. 

Anything to back that up? I honestly don't know, but I see this said a lot and am just wondering.
I can't imagine that's true.

This is a game of precision. A slick turf will throw off timing of all kinds. 

While I could see some broken plays that result in a TD or two I would think overall both offenses operate less efficiently.

Line opened at 46.5, -13; was at 44.5, -10 at 11:00; was at 43, -9.5 a bit ago.  KC's expected points has fallen from 29.5 to 25.75.  Which is a lot to a normal amount. 

My decisions are all Superflex, so I'm dancing with the one that brung me.  Not like I've got a spare 15ppg just sitting on my bench.

Line opened at 46.5, -13; was at 44.5, -10 at 11:00; was at 43, -9.5 a bit ago.  KC's expected points has fallen from 29.5 to 25.75.  Which is a lot to a normal amount. 

My decisions are all Superflex, so I'm dancing with the one that brung me.  Not like I've got a spare 15ppg just sitting on my bench.
So the point total dropped 3 points this morning?

Vegas sharpies usually know their stuff.

There was a study done about 3 years ago,sorry I can't remember the guys name but he was heavy into fantasy football,he did like a 12 page report,analytics,mathematics,the whole deal.from a fantasy angle on effects to quarterbacks in adverse weather. Strong winds were obviously the biggest negative factor. But if I remember correctly he said heavy snow produced about a 3% drop in performance for qb's. Strong winds produced something like a 17% drop. Just some useless information to pass along.

Personally I feel the snow effects each team the same. 

Line play is sloppy for protecting O and rushing D. 

WR's need to be able to get downfield. Snow makes that harder. 

DB's backpeddling in snow is really tough.

I think a short pass gameplan works best and Kelce will be a focus. 

Can't believe I'm stressing over a Kicker.
:lol:  me too.  The things we do to try and get that extra point (pun intended).

Have Zuelein in over Butker.  Waivers are done for the year so it's got to be one of them for me.  Butker better matchup, but that Dallas half dome is looking nice.  

Hill, Sutton, and Butker in this game where I need to make up an onslaught from Lamar, Andrews, and Hollywood.

This might sink me.

If anything, thinking to replace Butker with a guy like Gay to try and get every point I can. Worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread