Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The ***OFFICIAL*** Pittsburgh Steelers Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Quite a few interesting UDFA out there 

Shakur Brown

Dylan Moses

DJ Daniel 

Trill Williams 

Adrian Ealy

Alaric Jackson

Cade Johnson 

Sage Surratt

 

 

 

 

Grimes too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have finally reached the point where I view Ben as a liability instead of an asset. It's time for the team to make some tough decisions, and I think they should finally start "retooling" or whatever

Tyson Alualu has resigned with the Steelers on a two year deal after it was originally thought he was signing with the Jags.

For all of you critics of Mike Tomlin out there...he did the right thing backing up Rudolph and taking on ESPN.    

Posted (edited)

Also seeing something about DeMarkus Acy, who I don't think is a UDRFA.

ETA: Looked it up. Yeah, Acy was a UDRFA for the 49ers last year. Assume he was a cut, and they're picking him up.

 

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Quite a few interesting UDFA out there 

Shakur Brown - per source is signing with the Steelers 👍

Dylan Moses

DJ Daniel 

Trill Williams 

Adrian Ealy

Alaric Jackson

Cade Johnson 

Sage Surratt

 

 

 

 

Crazy that Cade Johnson didn't get drafted 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of DBs as udfa. Layne make or break camp and no free agents coming. 
 

I actually like the players we got in the first 3 rounds. All will be starters this or next year. Green was who they wanted all along to take over the mantle. Steelers clearly think they have enough with Banner, Chuks, and Haeg and are comfortable with Finney (as is Ben) if Green isn’t ready this season. 
 

Roche was great value and so was Norwood. And the Punter is a stud. These are 6-7 rounders that will stick and produce. 
 

Reaches on Moore and Johnson, especially based on who was available, but again, talking 4th rounders.


The trade was the egregious thing. Not sure what is going on there at all. 
 

I trust the talent evaluation but this was certainly not a great value draft in the middle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Lots of DBs as udfa. Layne make or break camp and no free agents coming. 
 

I actually like the players we got in the first 3 rounds. All will be starters this or next year. Green was who they wanted all along to take over the mantle. Steelers clearly think they have enough with Banner, Chuks, and Haeg and are comfortable with Finney (as is Ben) if Green isn’t ready this season. 
 

Roche was great value and so was Norwood. And the Punter is a stud. These are 6-7 rounders that will stick and produce. 
 

Reaches on Moore and Johnson, especially based on who was available, but again, talking 4th rounders.


The trade was the egregious thing. Not sure what is going on there at all. 
 

I trust the talent evaluation but this was certainly not a great value draft in the middle. 

Norwood can't tackle. I can't see how he makes it as a safety. Maybe they think he can be a slot CB. Drafting a P is terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Norwood can't tackle. I can't see how he makes it as a safety. Maybe they think he can be a slot CB. Drafting a P is terrible.

Norwood is slot. 
 

I saw a few mocks with Steelers going punter. Dude averaged 48 yards and was best punter. Underwhelming pick, but Berry has been the bane of our existence for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I am going to try to be positive. 

I hate this draft, but the 2021 Steelers could be better than 2020, and the 2020 team was way better than people think. They lost their first playoff game, but the Browns are a really good team. Starting with a snap over the QBs head for  TD would get you a loss most of the time.

I will start with the line, as that is the biggest issue

Pouncey was horrible last year. Green as a rookie will be much better. I expect Dotson to improve and I think DeCastro will also play better. Banner should be a way better RT than Chuks was last year. However, he will be a disaster at LT. Maybe they somehow sign someone. It is hard to really bash them for not taking a T earlier. There wasn't value at LT with any of their picks. Maybe they should have traded up or down, but hard to know if they had any decent offers. Overall, with Green the line should be better than last year. 

TE next as they are next to the line. Ebron was pretty bad and McDonald was horrible last year. Friermuth will be a huge improvement to blocking and receiving at TE.

WRs are young and still developing. They should improve. 

RB: I think Harris is going to be a bust, but I could be wrong (even if he is a probowl RB, it is still a bad pick). Even if he can match Conner's production and stay healthy he would represent improvement over 2020.

QB: Ben is a year older, but his arm should be healthy. With some better blocking, he should be better this year.

 

DL: unchanged 

LB: Dupree to Highsmith isn't as big a drop as people think. Maybe no drop. Bush being back could mean overall better LB play.

DB: Third CB is a problem. Given off field issues Layne may be gone. I am not even sure who they turn to at that point. CB depth is a problem and this is the one spot I expect worse play compared to 2020. Not drafting a couple of CBs is fairly inexcusable. Safety play will be fantastic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

UDFA

Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State

Calvin Bundage, LB, Oklahoma State

Rico Bussey, WR, Hawaii

Mark Gilbert, CB, Duke

Isaiah McKoy, WR, Kent State

Donovan Stiner, S, Florida

Lamont Wade, S, Penn State

Jamar Watson, LB, Kentucky

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Any free agent corners left out there (not rookies)?

looks like...
Breeland

Sherman

Hayward

Nelson 

Poole

Dunbar

Conley

Robey-Coleman

McCourty

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I'm not seeing this line better than last season. Chuks and Banner at bookends is worse than AV and Chuks. Keeping Feiler for RT would have been a better move, and they passed on Jenkins for whatever reason. DeCastro is declining, and couldn't run block to save his life last season. Dotson showed promise, but needs to improve. Green is an upgrade over Pouncey, but Creed would have been even better. 

What am I missing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crushedspirit said:

Sorry, but I'm not seeing this line better than last season. Chuks and Banner at bookends is worse than AV and Chuks. Keeping Feiler for RT would have been a better move, and they passed on Jenkins for whatever reason. DeCastro is declining, and couldn't run block to save his life last season. Dotson showed promise, but needs to improve. Green is an upgrade over Pouncey, but Creed would have been even better. 

What am I missing?

Jenkins is a RT. He wouldn't help. Green will be the best C from this class. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 10:26 AM, steelers1080 said:

If the Steelers draft based on positions that aren't yet filled for 2022:

  • QB - 0 QBs under contract for 2022, but Haskins is a RFA if he ends up showing anything. 
  • RB - Snell and MacFarland are under contract for 2022, but obviously RB could use an upgrade.
  • WR - Claypool and Diontae under contract for 2022, still need 3 more WRs. 
  • TE - Gentry only TE under contract for 2022, need 1-2 TEs. 
  • OT - Banner and Haeg under contract for 2022, need 1-2 OTs
  • G - Dotson under contract for 2022, need 1-2 guards. 
  • C - 0 under contract for 2022. 
  • DE and NT - Locked down for 2022, including depth. 
  • OLB - Only Highsmith signed for 2022, if they don't extend TJ Watt before the season starts it's a huge mistake for the team. Need at least 2 OLBs for depth/compete with Highsmith. 
  • ILB - Bush and Gilbert signed for 2022, and Spillane is a RFA. Need 1 for depth/compete for starter role. 
  • CB - Sutton, Layne, and James Pierre signed for 2022. I think they need at least 1-2 CBs, but Pierre played more and more down the stretch for the Steelers at the end of last year, it's possible that they like him enough to only need 1 CB. 
  • S - Only Minkah signed for 2022, they need a strong safety to replace Edmunds. 
  • ST - Only Bos signed for 2022, need a long snapper and P. They probably try out some UDFAs but resign Canaday. 

Every pick hit a position of need in 2021 or 2022 (except Loudermilk, wtf, why give up a 4th rounder?!) and according to the Steelers big board weren't reaches. Still salty that they didn't move up some to get Azeez or JOK, they might fail on their respective teams, but I think they would have been amazing as Steelers. 

RB - We got the one the Steelers liked most. If he's a top 8 RB for the next 5 years then it will be a success, but if those tackles picked behind him last for 10+ then it was still a bad idea. 
TE - Pitts was far and away the #1 talent, but Pat F was considered the locked in #2 talent by the vast majority of analysts. Hopefully he's the new age Heath Miller for many years. 
C - Kendrick Green was really high on the Steelers Board and many thought he could go to the Rams right after us. Hopefully he performs at Center at a high level. He's strong in the run game but a liability in pass protection. 
OT/ILB - Dan Moore and Buddy Johnson fill positions of need at OT and ILB, but both are going to be in competitions to make the roster. 
DE - Isaiahh Loudermilk is purely a backup selection. There's no way he takes over the role from Tuitt or Heyward. Waste of a 4th round pick and his upside is just as a 3rd DE or rotational player. Wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the roster. 
OLB - Quincy Roche has potential, but will be competing for the backup OLB role imo. Not going to supplant Highsmith. 
P - Pressley Harvin III, Punter was going to be a need next year. It made sense to bring in competition for Berry with his expiring contract. We'll see if Pressley can win the job. 
CB - Tre Norwood, Shakur Brown, Mark Gilbert will compete to fill that 3rd CB role and for backup roles to Haden and Sutton. Hopefully one shows enough that they can start in 2022 when Haden leaves.
WR - Two UDFAs will be competing to make the team and provide depth. How they perform could change how hard the Steelers try to resign Juju and James Washington next offseason. 
S - We only got UDFAs Wade and Steiner, I'm not confident that either will supplant Edmunds and I worry that the Steelers will pick up his 5th year option now that they didn't get great replacement options. 

We got a handful of rookies that will be asked to start or play significant time in their rookie season, and hopefully our lack of depth at some positions don't haunt us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Predicted Steelers depth chart for 1st game assuming no injuries in offseason:

  • QB - Big Ben
  • RB - Najee Harris
  • WR - Juju
  • WR - Claypool
  • WR - Diontae
  • TE - Ebron
  • LT - Chuks Okorafor
  • LG - Kevin Dotson
  • C - Kendrick Green
  • RG - David DeCastro
  • RT - Zach Banner
  • LDE - Stephon Tuitt
  • NT - Tyson Alualu
  • RDE - Cam Heyward
  • LOLB - TJ Watt
  • ROLB - Alex Highsmith
  • LILB - Vince Wiliams/Robert Spillane
  • RILB - Devin Bush
  • LCB - Joe Haden
  • RCB - Cam Sutton
  • SS - Terrell Edmunds
  • FS - Minkah Fitzpatrick
  • K - Chris Boswell
  • P - Pressley Harvin III
  • LS - Kameron Canaday

Slot corner is James Pierre. 

Only 2 Rookies will be asked to start Day 1, Najee and Green, the rest will be depth until injuries or they prove themselves. 

My prediction is that 3 of the Steelers picks don't make it on the team through the 2021 season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeSteeler said:

Still a chance they sign Villanueva back, yes?

Ravens fans are pretty sure they are signing him or rather that everything has already been agreed upon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course Harris is a huge difference maker. Green at the top of run grade in interior is great. I’ll try get Harris. But he’s out of reach in all my leagues for fantasy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Every pick hit a position of need in 2021 or 2022 (except Loudermilk, wtf, why give up a 4th rounder?!) and according to the Steelers big board weren't reaches. Still salty that they didn't move up some to get Azeez or JOK, they might fail on their respective teams, but I think they would have been amazing as Steelers. 

RB - We got the one the Steelers liked most. If he's a top 8 RB for the next 5 years then it will be a success, but if those tackles picked behind him last for 10+ then it was still a bad idea. 
TE - Pitts was far and away the #1 talent, but Pat F was considered the locked in #2 talent by the vast majority of analysts. Hopefully he's the new age Heath Miller for many years. 
C - Kendrick Green was really high on the Steelers Board and many thought he could go to the Rams right after us. Hopefully he performs at Center at a high level. He's strong in the run game but a liability in pass protection. 
OT/ILB - Dan Moore and Buddy Johnson fill positions of need at OT and ILB, but both are going to be in competitions to make the roster. 
DE - Isaiahh Loudermilk is purely a backup selection. There's no way he takes over the role from Tuitt or Heyward. Waste of a 4th round pick and his upside is just as a 3rd DE or rotational player. Wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the roster. 
OLB - Quincy Roche has potential, but will be competing for the backup OLB role imo. Not going to supplant Highsmith. 
P - Pressley Harvin III, Punter was going to be a need next year. It made sense to bring in competition for Berry with his expiring contract. We'll see if Pressley can win the job. 
CB - Tre Norwood, Shakur Brown, Mark Gilbert will compete to fill that 3rd CB role and for backup roles to Haden and Sutton. Hopefully one shows enough that they can start in 2022 when Haden leaves.
WR - Two UDFAs will be competing to make the team and provide depth. How they perform could change how hard the Steelers try to resign Juju and James Washington next offseason. 
S - We only got UDFAs Wade and Steiner, I'm not confident that either will supplant Edmunds and I worry that the Steelers will pick up his 5th year option now that they didn't get great replacement options. 

We got a handful of rookies that will be asked to start or play significant time in their rookie season, and hopefully our lack of depth at some positions don't haunt us. 

Of course they weren't reaches on their board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Steelers allegedly had a late 3rd/early 4th grade on Roche at OLB, and Butler said that Loudermilk reminds him of Cam as a rookie, just not as refined. That seems like a bit of an understatement, but Roche could be a good rotational player as a rookie if he can get up to speed fast. 

The outcome of the draft makes me wonder if the Steelers really like James Pierre/Alex Highsmith/Chuks/Banner more than we think, we could also see some signings/extensions soon. 

Players that I'd like to see extended/signed in the near future include:

  • TJ Watt - Priority #1
  • Joe Haden - Sign to a 2 year extension where $$ is only really guaranteed for 2021/2022
  • David DeCastro - Sign to a 3 year extension with an out after 2023
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick - Sign to an extension now, before the big expected cap increases in 2022 and 2023. It's a year early, but I'd be all for it. 
  • Avery Williamson - We need ILB depth since they didn't pick 1 until the late 4th. Ulysees Gilbert didn't seem to flash last year, but maybe they still believe. 
  • James Washington - I doubt they do this, but it would be an interesting move. He's a solid but not spectacular player so far, and could probably be had on a very reasonable contract unless he wants to bet on himself in 2021 or move to a new team in 2022. He's a high character player and could help keep stability in the locker room if Juju leaves in 2022. 
  • Chuks Okorafor - He hasn't been amazing so far, he could be signed to a cheaper contract and if he does well at LT it could be a steal. Probably not likely with the OT draft pick in the 4th, but could be a smart move to sign to a smaller 2/3 year contract. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Of course they weren't reaches on their board. 

They've basically admitted reaching in the past for positions of need (after the fact), like when they selected Artie Burns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

I doubt Williamson is back given the Buddy Johnson pick and Vince Williams being brought back.

Odd because the day or two days prior to VWill coming back, Willamson’s social media indicated he was about to come back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Odd because the day or two days prior to VWill coming back, Willamson’s social media indicated he was about to come back. 

Yeah, I thought he was about to re-sign when the Vince Williams deal was announced. I wonder if he thought a deal was on the table and Vince swooped in and took less money. The Steelers carried 5 ILBs into 2020, they probably do the same this year, with 3 OLBs (Watt, Highsmith, and Roche or Marsh [blech]). Barring injury in camp, it will probably be Bush, Spillane, Williams, Buddy, and Marcus Allen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that the Steelers removed anyone who didn't play in 2020 from their board, and the youngest draft pick it Buddy Johnson at 22.17 year old.  They wanted guys who would not need extra time to get football ready. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Steelers draft classes usually have 1-2 players that never play in a single game for the Steelers during the regular season. Due to the size of this draft class with 9 picks, it's possible that number goes up to 3 and is still considered an average draft for the Steelers. Last year's class was very unique, with all 6 players getting at least some game time. Sutton Smith from 2019 and Josh Frazier from 2018 were players that never played in a regular season game. 

A typical Steelers class has 1-2 starters, 1-2 depth/role players, and 1 standout player, with some variance higher or lower depending on the year. In 2014 we got 3 standouts in Shazier, Tuitt, and Bryant, but due to a freak injury and off the field issues, only Tuitt remains. In 2016 we had 0 standouts, but we had 2 starters in Sean Davis and Javon Hargrave, and role players in Jerald Hawkins and Matakevich. Last year seems like an exception because of the trade for Minkah, it looks like we have 3 standouts, 1 starter, and 2 role players in Minkah/Claypool/Dotson, Highsmith, and McFarland and Carlos Davis. Still remains to be seen if Antoine Brooks Jr makes the team in 2021, but Davis could be a backup again in 2021. 

If the Steelers leave this draft with 1 standout, 3 starters, and some role players, then it was a pretty typical Steelers draft, even if several players don't even make the team. One of Najee/Pat/Kendrick has standout potential, and Harvin has a good shot at becoming the starting punter. If some of the other picks/UDFAs are able to become starters or role players, then this class was a success. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Steelers draft classes usually have 1-2 players that never play in a single game for the Steelers during the regular season. Due to the size of this draft class with 9 picks, it's possible that number goes up to 3 and is still considered an average draft for the Steelers. Last year's class was very unique, with all 6 players getting at least some game time. Sutton Smith from 2019 and Josh Frazier from 2018 were players that never played in a regular season game. 

A typical Steelers class has 1-2 starters, 1-2 depth/role players, and 1 standout player, with some variance higher or lower depending on the year. In 2014 we got 3 standouts in Shazier, Tuitt, and Bryant, but due to a freak injury and off the field issues, only Tuitt remains. In 2016 we had 0 standouts, but we had 2 starters in Sean Davis and Javon Hargrave, and role players in Jerald Hawkins and Matakevich. Last year seems like an exception because of the trade for Minkah, it looks like we have 3 standouts, 1 starter, and 2 role players in Minkah/Claypool/Dotson, Highsmith, and McFarland and Carlos Davis. Still remains to be seen if Antoine Brooks Jr makes the team in 2021, but Davis could be a backup again in 2021. 

If the Steelers leave this draft with 1 standout, 3 starters, and some role players, then it was a pretty typical Steelers draft, even if several players don't even make the team. One of Najee/Pat/Kendrick has standout potential, and Harvin has a good shot at becoming the starting punter. If some of the other picks/UDFAs are able to become starters or role players, then this class was a success. 

That's where I am.  Did we leave value on the table?  Yes.  But it looks like we got 4 starters and some guys who will contribute this year (Roche as backup, Buddy on ST/backup, and potentially Norwood based on current depth chart).  The UDAs all have some question marks obviously -- threw a bunch of DBs at the wall and see who sticks.

 

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated 90 Man Roster:

Quarterback (3)

Ben Roethlisberger

Mason Rudolph

Joshua Dobbs

Dewayne Haskins

Running Back (4)

Najee Harris

Benny Snell Jr.

Jaylen Samuels

Anthony McFarland Jr.

Kalen Ballage

Trey Edmunds

Fullback (1):

Derek Watt

Wide Receiver (5)

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Diontae Johnson

Chase Claypool

James Washington

Ray-Ray McCloud

Anthony Johnson

Cody White

Tyler Simmons

Matthew Sexton

Isaiah McCoy

Ricco Bussey

Tight End (3)

Eric Ebron

Pat Freiermuth

Zach Gentry

Kevin Rader

Dax Raymond

Charles Jones

Offensive Line (9)

David DeCastro

Chukwuma Okorafor

Zach Banner

Kevin Dotson

B.J. Finney

Joe Haeg

Kendrick Green

J.C. Hassenauer

Dan Moore

Rashaad Coward

Aviante Collins

Anthony Coyle

Jarron Jones

John Leglue

Brandon Walton

Defensive Line (6)

Cameron Heyward

Stephon Tuitt

Tyson Alualu

Chris Wormley

Carlos Davis

Isaiah Buggs

Henry Mondeaux

Isaiahh Loudermilk

Abdullah Anderson

Calvin Taylor

Demarcus Christmas

T.J. Carter

Outside Linebacker (4)

T.J. Watt

Alex Highsmith

Quincy Roche

Cassius Marsh

Jamir Jones

Jamar Watson

Inside Linebacker (4)

Devin Bush

Vince Williams

Robert Spillane

Buddy Johnson

Ulysees Gilbert III

Marcus Allen

Miles Killebrew

Tegray Scales

Jarvis Miller

Calvin Bundage

Cornerback (6)

Joe Haden

Cam Sutton

Justin Layne

James Pierre

Tre Norwood

Stephen Denmark

Trevor Williams

Skakur Brown

Mark Gilbert

Safety (5)

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Terrell Edmunds

Antione Brooks Jr.

John Battle

Lamont Wade

Donovan Steiner

Placekicker (1)

Chris Boswell

Punter (1)

Jordan Berry

Pressley Harvin III

Corliss Waitman

Long Snapper (1)

Kameron Canaday

Christian ####z

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I find it interesting that the Steelers removed anyone who didn't play in 2020 from their board, and the youngest draft pick it Buddy Johnson at 22.17 year old.  They wanted guys who would not need extra time to get football ready. 

I wonder if this leads to fewer extensions in 3-5 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is curious, looking at the D-Line list, why the heck would you trade a 4th round pick to get Loudermilk, where he likely is heading to the practice squad. He doesn't seem poised to beat out Buggs or Davis here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

It really is curious, looking at the D-Line list, why the heck would you trade a 4th round pick to get Loudermilk, where he likely is heading to the practice squad. He doesn't seem poised to beat out Buggs or Davis here.

This pick is one of the most curious ones. I think it has to be that someone within the organization thinks he's legit and could potentially win the backup role. From the press conference it made it seem like he might be a backup at all 3 d-line roles. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the practice squad either. Or cut. 

We could be looking to move up in the 2022 draft for a position of need, aka QB, wasting a 2022 4th on Loudermilk seems illogical. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Edmunds 5th year option DECLINED.

Yesss

 

He could still be re-signed by the team, but at less than the $6 mil per year that the 5th year option would have guaranteed. I'd be 100% fine with that, if he was signed to be the backup. 

Edited by steelers1080
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Yesss

 

He could still be re-signed by the team, but at less than the $6 mil per year that the 5th year option would have guaranteed. I'd be 100% fine with that, if he was signed to be the backup. 

The only other 5th year options that the Steelers have declined are Artie Burns and Jarvis Jones.  Ouch.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The only other 5th year options that the Steelers have declined are Artie Burns and Jarvis Jones.  Ouch.

Headlines about Edmunds being motivated by Steelers' declining 5th year option. Good for him. You know what Edmunds? Prove me wrong. Go out and have an awesome season shutting down opposing routes, picking off passes, show me that I was wrong and you're not a middle of the road NFL player. It's impressive to be worthy of the NFL, but Strong Safeties have high expectations in Pittsburgh. 

Also, sucks to be the Titans. Last year's pick walks away from football and this year their 4th round pick gets charged with assault on a woman the days after the draft. I can see why the Steelers focused on character this year...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Allegedly, JOK might have a heart issue, and that's what caused him to slip into the 2nd round. If true, then it makes sense for the Steelers to pass on him. If not true, then they might have missed out on an incredible talent by not trading up in the 2nd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Villanueva waits until one day after the comp pick deadline passes to sign with the Ravens for 2-year @ $14MM with $8MM guaranteed.  

Idk that he had much say in it. Didn't seem like a lot of teams were clamoring for his services. The NFL knows what kind of talent he is much better than the analysts. Some of them had him signing like 3-4 year deals with 10m per year. This size contract is much more his speed. 

Ravens being smart about comp picks, as per usual. 

Also, if Moore is any good, the Steelers should cut Haeg before the deadline. We're projected to get a 3rd, 5th, and 6th round comp pick, but with Haeg being a 7th we would lose the 6th. If he's not clearly a top backup, then the Steelers should move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steelers1080 said:

Idk that he had much say in it. Didn't seem like a lot of teams were clamoring for his services. The NFL knows what kind of talent he is much better than the analysts. Some of them had him signing like 3-4 year deals with 10m per year. This size contract is much more his speed. 

Ravens being smart about comp picks, as per usual. 

Also, if Moore is any good, the Steelers should cut Haeg before the deadline. We're projected to get a 3rd, 5th, and 6th round comp pick, but with Haeg being a 7th we would lose the 6th. If he's not clearly a top backup, then the Steelers should move on. 

I doubt we go into the season with a rookie as the backup swing tackle.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...