What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (20 Viewers)

I hate Walmart but wife said everything else Was closed 
I am guessing there will be an assortment of St Patrick's Day shirts, some "As Seen on Tv items" and maybe Easter baskets. Can you exist on Peeps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to store when it opens again in the morning. Just want to try to keep everything full. Also have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday— will edit that list based on what I get tomorrow. I do feel we won’t have supply chain issues with groceries, but it is good to have a few weeks of things and still try to re-up weekly. 

Bars and restaurants are closed in my county now. I worry about the local businesses. A lot are now going to do Curbside pickup and their own delivery service (or third party). What are your thoughts on how to handle food service and delivery?  Have them leave at the door, wash hands, take food out of containers and put on on plates, wash again and then eat (and tip well). 
I feel bad about my local restaurants but I don't think I am ordering in any food. No matter how much I was my hands, I still have to put the food in my mouth. 

Might want to call first. They were changing their hours and aren’t staying open 24 hours right now. 

What about places like CVS or Walgreens? Are they still open 24/7?
Open till 1, headed in now.  I was in a dark room on laptop And half expected to pass gangs in the streets on the way here.  

Surprisingly quiet and full of food

I feel bad about my local restaurants but I don't think I am ordering in any food. No matter how much I was my hands, I still have to put the food in my mouth. 
Keep seeing the suggestion to buy gift cards from your local restaurants as a way to "loan" them some money during this tough time. Plan on stopping at a few this week to do just that. 

Would appreciate an answer on this too.
There’s no specific treatment for this, so all the standard symptom meds are fine. But realize there isn’t good data or scientific plausibility for any specific regimen.

I’d use acetaminophen for fever. Ibuprofen for muscle aches.

Keep hydrated with water/soups.

Lay off the booze. Don’t smoke or vape.

Guaifenesin, dextromethorphan, etc. are all fine for cough. Probably no need for decongestants like pseudoephedrine.

Allergy meds (antihistamines) not likely to be helpful.

If you’re old or have chronic medical problems including high blood pressure, ulcers, liver or kidney disease, run it by your doctor first.

Many departments at my company have not even told people to work from home, despite 99% of non-customer facing jobs being fine from home.  Insane.  

Keep seeing the suggestion to buy gift cards from your local restaurants as a way to "loan" them some money during this tough time. Plan on stopping at a few this week to do just that. 
Don't forget to leave tip money for the employees.  

GF's company still being very cavalier about this and only sending IT home, then spacing folks out more. Midsized office (150 peop'e over 4 floors)). They brag on meetings that they can work remotely and are decentralized, but refuse to do it. 

Pissing me off. 

GF's company still being very cavalier about this and only sending IT home, then spacing folks out more. Midsized office (150 peop'e over 4 floors)). They brag on meetings that they can work remotely and are decentralized, but refuse to do it. 

Pissing me off. 

My wife's company is doing the same. She is upset. Ridiculous 

Pissing me off. 

If not work remotely now then when? I don't get these kinds of decisions. 

Many departments at my company have not even told people to work from home, despite 99% of non-customer facing jobs being fine from home.  Insane.  
Same here but I have a feeling they're trying to get as many loans funded as possible (I'm a loan officer) before it becomes practically impossible due to everything closing. 

Take this for what it’s worth, as its second hand from a military contact.  But I’m hearing that sometime in the next 48-72 hours there exists a very credible possibility that Trump issues a mandatory two week nationwide quarantine.  

With how this is trending, I tend to believe it.  Regardless, I’d be sure you’ve got on hand whatever you need for two weeks just to be safe (most probably do at this stage).  

Pissing me off. 

Just give her one of your 1000 masks.

I’m sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she and the rest of your family come through this healthy.

Can you please expand on what you wrote above - specifically what medications your wife was given?  I’ve read different opinions in here about Mucinex and other otc remedies. Was she given an expectorant only, or is it the DM brand of Mucinex?  Does your wife have a dry cough or phlegmy cough?  I’m curious about the active ingredient in the inhaler too. 

For home treatment of a family members with cv19, I was planning on Tylenol, fluids (electrolytes) and rest (sleeping aids if necessary). I’ve been told by mds that the cough suppressants are not effective. I’m wondering what other home treatment plans you guys are planning.

This article says not to use ibuprofen to treat cv19 - Link
The inhaler is probably albuterol. Need to read about the French justification for no NSAIDS, but agree to preferentially use acetaminophen for fever. Non-prescription sleep aids, with the exception of melatonin, stink.

Same here but I have a feeling they're trying to get as many loans funded as possible (I'm a loan officer) before it becomes practically impossible due to everything closing. 
Banks love to rely on temporary workers to fulfill their mortgages and seem quite overwhelmed right now.

Problem is that if they go under then you're out the cash.

My wife’s bank in NYC mandated that 50% of employees had to be onsite after they had about 10% show up on Friday.  Asinine. 
We have an adjacent department that decided to do a 50% scheme, but they rotate every day.  Like COVID-19 doesn't stay on surfaces.  :wall:  

Great suggestion for rewarding the ones that you feel are handling this the right way, too.  

ABC News

@ABC

BREAKING: New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says he will sign executive order "limiting restaurants, bars and cafes to food take-out and delivery. Nightclubs, movie theaters, small theater houses, and concert venues must all close." https://abcn.ws/2Qyo91Z
12 hours ago, the schools there were still set to be open tomorrow morning. Things change quick.

Classy. :lol:   Sorry you're mad. 
I'm not mad.  Just sad for the people who need masks that don't have them.  

If you're concerned about her and you believe what you posted here previously (which Im not disagreeing with) about masks, then dole some out and she'll likely be fine.

We have an adjacent department that decided to do a 50% scheme, but they rotate every day.  Like COVID-19 doesn't stay on surfaces.  :wall:  
She was making the week vs rotate every day for her department and I told her to do week.  I also told her to take the first week, but walk to work, take food in, and not go to any meetings.

Problem is that if they go under then you're out the cash.
Or the owner pockets it while not distributing to the bartenders/waiters we rely on :oldunsure:
Honestly I don't see how it solves the problem if everyone is not spending real money when they do open back up.  Just kicks the problem down the road.  Maybe a huge tip to the workers now is the best help.

Driving my wife into work tomorrow.  She's the CFO and will probably be formulating plans with the boss and gathering her things to WFH. She fully expects to be closing the door behind her and never coming back. Even if this gets better in a couple of months, she doesn't think they'll recover.

I'm not mad.  Just sad for the people who need masks that don't have them.  

If you're concerned about her and you believe what you posted here previously (which Im not disagreeing with) about masks, then dole some out and she'll likely be fine.
I have a very reasonable personal supply of masks that isn't even close to what you threw out there. I purchased them before the run on them, and didn't "Clear the shelves". I feel zero guilt for protecting my family. 

She carries a mask with her daily and it's her choice when she wants to start wearing one. 

Honestly I don't see how it solves the problem if everyone is not spending real money when they do open back up.  Just kicks the problem down the road.  Maybe a huge tip to the workers now is the best help.
If you find yourself out, absolutely.  In cashish.

Users who are viewing this thread