What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN's Don Lemon Criticized for On Air Behavior Mocking Trump Supporters (1 Viewer)

Yikes, finally watched the clip and it is much worse than I thought. Figured some of you were exaggerating how good of a campaign ad this will make.

What happens to CNN when Trump wins again? Gotta think Tapper, Fredo and Lemon will be toast and massive restructuring. No way can that network operate For 4 more years on anti-Trump hate and rage.

What happens to CNN when Trump wins again? Gotta think Tapper, Fredo and Lemon will be toast and massive restructuring. No way can that network operate For 4 more years on anti-Trump hate and rage.
Same thing that will happen to Fox News if he loses. CNN will still be considered the leading media outlet worldwide and Fox News will go into Obama-mode but against whoever the newest worst person in the world is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is "southerner" a race now? 
They are people, just like Hispanics and Chinese are people and to do what CNN did is an attack on a group of people and was wrong, just as attacks on other groups because of where they come from is wrong.   Talk about over generalizations and stereotypes.  If they had attacked the aforementioned groups the world would have come to an end.

They are people, just like Hispanics and Chinese are people and to do what CNN did is an attack on a group of people and was wrong, just as attacks on other groups because of where they come from is wrong.   Talk about over generalizations and stereotypes.  If they had attacked the aforementioned groups the world would have come to an end.
I am from Boston. Fortunately I moved away many years ago, but my family and friends talk like typical Boston folks. In other words, they sound ridiculous. When SNL makes fun of the way they talk in their skits, should they get all bent out of shape they are being attacked? Stop getting offended for other people so easily

I am from Boston. Fortunately I moved away many years ago, but my family and friends talk like typical Boston folks. In other words, they sound ridiculous. When SNL makes fun of the way they talk in their skits, should they get all bent out of shape they are being attacked? Stop getting offended for other people so easily
Making fun of the way someone talks isn’t the issue, calling them ignorant is.  To group an entire segment of the population  together and attack them that way was bad, very bad.

Making fun of the way someone talks isn’t the issue, calling them ignorant is.  To group an entire segment together and attack them that way was bad, very bad.
They choose to believe a man who has lied only slightly less than he takes a breath, and antagonize anyone who challenges their worldview. Ignorant isn't the word I'd use. I'd use misguided.

Yikes, finally watched the clip and it is much worse than I thought. Figured some of you were exaggerating how good of a campaign ad this will make.

CNN celebrates if Trump wins again.  Because Trump is good for ratings. 

I just watched the clip and am more concerned that Don Lemon has a terrible sense of humor.

i don’t know much about him other than being a routine target of Trump’s insults, but is he supposed to be an impartial news anchor or an opinion guy?  If the former, it was mildly unprofessional. If the latter then I find it rich that Fox News is taking issue with this given that Hannity is their highest rated show. 

Hard to believe that people still watch stations like CNN and Fox.
Hard to believe people enthusiastically go to rallies and listen to a loud mouth continue to claim Mexico is paying for the wall and see Republicans give him near 90 percent approval rating. What a sad place this nation has become. In case you missed it he did it again last night.

Do you believe that soundbites like this energize the Trump base and even the Republican base to some degree?  Is that good for Democrats?
I’m going to agree with you that this is what this all about. I’m also going to agree to point at Trump’s constant, utter failings also isn’t helpful. I personally don’t like Lemon’s behavior in that situation and frankly he’s embarrassed himself before. However I also think that in the thousands of hours of tv news there are going to be inevitably moments that can be seized upon, it’s inevitable.

But I have a question for you - Do you know what they were discussing?

Hard to believe people enthusiastically go to rallies and listen to a loud mouth continue to claim Mexico is paying for the wall and see Republicans give him near 90 percent approval rating. What a sad place this nation has become. In case you missed it he did it again last night.
I don`t watch any cable news stations so yes I did miss it. Well I really did not miss anything as I would not have watched it anyway.

They also still chant Lock Her Up, totally ignoring the fact that about half-dozen of his staff members have been imprisoned since he came up with that clever slogan. 

The things that outrage the far right, in comparison to the things they find acceptable, is perplexing.
It’s not. The angst over disenfranchisement is probably top 3 among current Republican values. Look at what Lemon & Wilson were discussing. The irony of this is probably a good number of Trump supporters are completely unaware of what that CNN segment was about.

The joke wasn't remotely funny, in fact it was  pretty much a rip off of what Hollywood Henderson said about Terry Bradshaw

"[Pompeo] also knows deep within his heart that Donald Trump couldn't find Ukraine on a map if you had the letter U and a picture of an actual physical crane next to it," Wilson began, causing Lemon to chuckle. "He knows that this is, you know, an administration defined by ignorance of the world.
- Probably worth noting at this point that Lemon and Wilson were mocking Trump for likely not being able to find Ukraine on a map. ..."

>>"[Pompeo] also knows deep within his heart that Donald Trump couldn't find Ukraine on a map if you had the letter U and a picture of an actual physical crane next to it," Wilson began, causing Lemon to chuckle. "He knows that this is, you know, an administration defined by ignorance of the world. <<

- Probably worth noting at this point that Lemon and Wilson were mocking Trump for likely not being able to find Ukraine on a map.
Well we know he couldn't find Kansas City on a map.

Users who are viewing this thread