Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus


James Daulton

Recommended Posts

fantasycurse42 said:


A conspiracy theory? I looked at my wife during his press conference when he introduced Pence, and him being the fall guy was the first thing I said to her.


Eh, that's not really Trump's brand. Trump likes to blame people that he didn't hire (or people who weren't loyal to him). He hired Pence and Pence is loyal, so Trump will find someone else to blame.
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GoBirds said:

It’s really too bad Biden wasn’t running the show

At this point, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  It's a low bar, I know, but he continues to stumble into them :shrug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, The Commish said:

At this point, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  It's a low bar, I know, but he continues to stumble into them :shrug: 

Honestly, I'd rather have a president who trips trying to hurdle that proverbial bar instead of trying to limbo under them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, The Commish said:

At this point, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  It's a low bar, I know, but he continues to stumble into them :shrug: 

You would take the guy that criticized banning flights into our country from China, I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

You would take the guy that criticized banning flights into our country from China, I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. 

That's not what I said.  I said, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  The banning of flights or not is the least of our problems in this situation and is way down on the list of criteria I'd use to weigh competence in this situation.  That should be obvious to everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Commish said:

That's not what I said.  I said, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  The banning of flights or not is the least of our problems in this situation and is way down on the list of criteria I'd use to weigh competence in this situation.  That should be obvious to everyone.

I love it when you show your extreme bias like above, banning flights from China into our country when the virus was first spreading saved more US lives than you could count yet it's the least of our problems? Sorry man, just hard to take anything like this seriously and after your dramatics last week just put me on ignore. TIA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Commish said:

That's not what I said.  I said, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  The banning of flights or not is the least of our problems in this situation and is way down on the list of criteria I'd use to weigh competence in this situation.  That should be obvious to everyone.

I don't understand.  Are you saying banning flights from the most infected country wasn't a good idea?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

I love it when you show your extreme bias like above, banning flights from China into our country when the virus was first spreading saved more US lives than you could count yet it's the least of our problems? Sorry man, just hard to take anything like this seriously and after your dramatics last week just put me on ignore. TIA.

Take it up with the experts....they are all saying while it could help some, it isn't the silver bullet a lot of people think it is :shrug:

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, toshiba said:

I don't understand.  Are you saying banning flights from the most infected country wasn't a good idea?

No...not at all.  It's a logical step.  It's just not the silver bullet "thing" that's going to be looked at as "the best move ever in the history of moves".  For example, appointing competent people to spearhead the crisis and be the voice of the US on the global stage is significantly more important.  Making sure we understand how the virus works is significantly more important.  From those things trickle down the others like measured criteria for administering the tests.  As of yesterday, one of the aspects of the PROTOCOL was to test for the virus if they'd been to China.  People are going to the ER for testing because they have all the symptoms yet haven't been to China, so they are tested for other things but not this...it's bizarre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:sadbanana:

@BarackObama

Protect yourself and your community from coronavirus with common sense precautions: wash your hands, stay home when sick and listen to the

@CDCgov

and local health authorities. Save the masks for health care workers. Let’s stay calm, listen to the experts, and follow the science.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

:sadbanana:

@BarackObama

Protect yourself and your community from coronavirus with common sense precautions: wash your hands, stay home when sick and listen to the

@CDCgov

and local health authorities. Save the masks for health care workers. Let’s stay calm, listen to the experts, and follow the science.

I know, revolutionary. Hat's off for getting that statement off without taking a swipe at republicans while simultaneously patting himself on the back.   You know, leadership. 

  • Like 6
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Pence announced that we have 2500 test kits we're distributing.

2500.  In a population of 327 million people.  We have 2500 test kits being distributed.

Are these the ones that work this time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


“A lot of people are staying in our country, and they’re shopping and using our hotels in this country. So from that standpoint, I think probably there’s a positive impact.”

- President Donald Trump

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joffer said:


“A lot of people are staying in our country, and they’re shopping and using our hotels in this country. So from that standpoint, I think probably there’s a positive impact.”

- President Donald Trump

Coronavirus is good because people stop coming to the US to spend money?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 

Cardboard boxes don't tweet, so I think it's slightly ahead on points already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're a Trump supporter, I don't know how you could support our response and how unprepared we really are.

I'm not blaming him for this, I'm blaming him for the response, which has been on par with a 3rd world country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 

Bloomberg had a radio ad playing in Chicago (and I assume many other places) playing clips of Trump talking stupidly about the virus.  It was quite effective, in my opinion.  I hope Bloomberg continues to help Biden in ways like this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Juxtatarot said:

Bloomberg had a radio ad playing in Chicago (and I assume many other places) playing clips of Trump talking stupidly about the virus.  It was quite effective, in my opinion.  I hope Bloomberg continues to help Biden in ways like this.

He will, he knows we're in trouble if this is our response to a crisis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

If you're a Trump supporter, I don't know how you could support our response and how unprepared we really are.

I'm not blaming him for this, I'm blaming him for the response, which has been on par with a 3rd world country. 

It's also worth noting that Trump downplayed the virus in a failed attempt to brag about how good of a job he's done. Just last week he said "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Sadly, we all know the people who are still supporting Trump will find a way to excuse this behavior. They're all in on the guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

A conspiracy theory? I looked at my wife during his press conference when he introduced Pence, and him being the fall guy was the first thing I said to her. 

Fall guy?  Pence will be the hero and well positioned for 2024 when this thing is contained....

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 

The testing issue is a CDC issue and was probably a decision of someone who was not even a political appointee.  When all is said and done, I hope somebody gets ousted for that decision, but as soon as somebody got fired, the regulars around here would probably just complain about Trump interfering with the independence of the CDC and putting our health at risk by politicizing the CDC...Yada yada yada....what a joke

Edited by Rove!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Pence announced that we have 2500 test kits we're distributing.

2500.  In a population of 327 million people.  We have 2500 test kits being distributed.

I believe there are 500 tests to a kit.  So that's 1.25MM tests in total.  The fact they're batched like that does cause problems (you can only distribute them to 2500 places), but it's a lot of tests.

It's a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

It's also worth noting that Trump downplayed the virus in a failed attempt to brag about how good of a job he's done. Just last week he said "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Sadly, we all know the people who are still supporting Trump will find a way to excuse this behavior. They're all in on the guy.

BUT HE CANCELLED FLIGHTS FROM CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sneegor said:

What would you do differently?  You seem to be very worried about this.

:goodposting:

Have to love all the Monday Morning QB’s in here that are about to vote for Joe Biden that wants to keep flying in everyone from China he can.....the party that keeps crying wolf. The faux rage, AHHHHH!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...