Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australia has had months of little to no community spread and even then it was confined to one state. By and large Australians are running around doing the right thing, sport was and is still hap

This is going to be a one off post because I don't want to get trolled or banned but if I were American, the context of Canada would be the biggest damning fact of how things have been handled in the

I am confident we are going to hit >750K deaths.  I think it might be a million.  I don't post a ton but I'm an ER doc in a big city. This is by far the worse I've seen since the pandemic star

25 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

yeah, thats' simply not true.

It's hard to believe anything the left says anymore considering what we've been thru the last 3 years.  You guys cried wolf too many times.

I rest my case. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dozer said:

Pretty simple stuff. No need to google it.

Okay, sure.  :thumbup:

Everyone will have to google it like you did as we get farther away from it.  Nobody ever talks about Clinton's impeachment when they talk about Bill.  He's still lionized by Democrats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Okay, sure.  :thumbup:

Everyone will have to google it like you did as we get farther away from it.  Nobody ever talks about Clinton's impeachment when they talk about Bill.  He's still lionized by Democrats.

You don’t seem to be very in touch with American politics. I can’t imagine having to use google to see if Bill Clinton was impeached, but maybe I’m a little longer in the tooth than you. I watch it happen on TV.

Also, Mike Flynn was a senior advisor to President Trump during his campaign, and served as his National Security Advisor. Far from a low level staffer.

 

spitting out the hook now...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dozer said:

You don’t seem to be very in touch with American politics. I can’t imagine having to use google to see if Bill Clinton was impeached, but maybe I’m a little longer in the tooth than you. I watch it happen on TV.

Also, Mike Flynn was a senior advisor to President Trump during his campaign, and served as his National Security Advisor. Far from a low level staffer.

 

spitting out the hook now...

11 posts on this page with a "nuh-uh!" rebuttal.  Good idea.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

yeah, thats' simply not true.

It's hard to believe anything the left says anymore considering what we've been thru the last 3 years.  You guys cried wolf too many times.

Same about the right. I think it's about time the left and the right get a divorce and everyone go their separate ways. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

BUT YOU FORGOT NIXON!!!!!’111!1!!11!1

I get the joke, but for our low information friends, Nixon resigned before his impeachment began.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The  US dawdled as the coronavirus spread throughout the world. We are under the leadership of an anti-science President who when faced with crisis resorts to bullying and intimidation or filing repeated bankruptcies. 

When you take away from Trump's his pandering to his populist crowds and the energy and narcissistic self love he gets from it and also the tanking of the stock market what does he have left?

With those doubts expressed I hope he can respond to this crisis in an intelligent coherent way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moonlight said:

The  US dawdled as the coronavirus spread throughout the world. We are under the leadership of an anti-science President who when faced with crisis resorts to bullying and intimidation or filing repeated bankruptcies. 

When you take away from Trump's his pandering to his populist crowds and the energy and narcissistic self love he gets from it and also the tanking of the stock market what does he have left?

With those doubts expressed I hope he can respond to this crisis in an intelligent coherent way.

Wait a minute. You guys wouldn't give him credit for the stock market going up.  In fact, The Democrats credited Obama. Shouldn't we be crediting Obama with the stock market tanking now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

The Axis powers are all 100% upfront with their people about what is going on with Covid while the US covers it up and classifies the information.

Who are the Axis powers? And where is your proof that the US is covering the information up?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff guys, keep it up. I really think you’re about to convince one another this time. Today’s the day (as opposed to the last 3 years worth of days) I can feel it.  

Hell why should we talk about the Coronavirus in a Coronavirus Thread? Let’s have more of the of the same #### we’ve got going on in every other thread please.   

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins just stated on CNBC that every household should have 3 months worth of food and there will be 1000 people a day in the US dying....  :oldunsure:

Thats a lot of food.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins just stated on CNBC that every household should have 3 months worth of food and there will be 1000 people a day in the US dying....  :oldunsure:

Oh, FFS.  that's not even happening in China.

Give me a break.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Okay, sure.  :thumbup:

Everyone will have to google it like you did as we get farther away from it.  Nobody ever talks about Clinton's impeachment when they talk about Bill.  He's still lionized by Democrats.

Conservatives talk about Clinton's impeachment all the time.

Edited by yak651
Remove part of comment to be more excellent to others
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

They're not saying you have to eat it all at once. You can spread it out over the course of a week.

Glad I just installed a walk in...

Edited by sho nuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

They're not saying you have to eat it all at once. You can spread it out over the course of a week.

I think you’re wrong MT,  it’s pretty clear you need to eat it all at once but you can share it with other family members.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins just stated on CNBC that every household should have 3 months worth of food and there will be 1000 people a day in the US dying....  :oldunsure:

 doomsday preppers will survive. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins just stated on CNBC that every household should have 3 months worth of food and there will be 1000 people a day in the US dying....  :oldunsure:

If this comes true, I'm pretty sure we have descended into chaos at that point.  

This post made me want to stock up on ammo.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If this comes true, I'm pretty sure we have descended into chaos at that point.  

This post made me want to stock up on ammo.  

Two good tools to have during an apocalypse besides ammo is a crowbar and bolt cutters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

Canning food was always a great idea.  My grandmother did it religiously.

Mine too.   Me, I have no clue how too and throw out dozens of tomatoes from my garden every year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheriff Bart said:


Dr. Makary from Johns Hopkins just stated on CNBC that every household should have 3 months worth of food and there will be 1000 people a day in the US dying....


I tried to find a link to this, and all I could find was an appearance from two days ago.

He did suggest having 3 months of food, but I can't find any evidence that he said that there "will be" 1000 people a day dying.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

DL @davelozo 10h

In global disaster movies, there’s always a scientist who’s like, WE HAVE TO ACT NOW OR PEOPLE WILL DIE and some government guy who’s like, YOU’RE BLOWING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION and I’m like, NO ONE WOULD REACT TO INFO LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE.

My apologies to those movies.

 

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, squistion said:

:(

Seth Abramson‏ @SethAbramson 31m31 minutes ago

MAJOR BREAKING NEWS:

NPR Source Says Trump Blocked Coronavirus Testing in January to Aid His Reelection Chances By Keeping US Infection Figures Low

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1238216578161926145

If they prove this impeach his ### again.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...