What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
see we're gaslighting the terminations now. Fun. This is always the PATTERN of the lies on the left.
Na.....just pointing out that for one to get fired theyd have to refuse both the vaccine and tests under this "mandate"  

Yeah, one of the reasons it's so difficult to have these conversations is that our perceptions about the vaccine are so wildly different.  @NorvilleBarnes is literally willing to lose his job to not get the vaccine, while most of us were thrilled to get it.  So I'm sympathetic to Norville and I don't want him to lose his job, but it's really hard for me to get over the feeling that this is a problem of his own making and that the solution is as easy as a trip to the drug store.

It's like this analogy I just made up:

MAN: "Aaack, the walls are closing in on me, I'm going to die!"

WOMAN: "No, all you need to do is walk through that door, you'll be outside the walls."

MAN: "I can't go through the door it's untested and dangerous!  Why won't these walls stop closing?  Why won't somebody help me?"

WOMAN: "Dude, I'm trying to help you.  The door isn't dangerous.  We all went through the door and are fine.  Just go through the door."

MAN:  "AAACK, help me!  But, like, not by providing me with a door that will completely fix all the problems I'm worried about.  Help me in some other way."

I mean...we have moved, in a day, from "I'm willing to look elsewhere for employment because I dont want to take the vaccine" to "I'm willing to look elsewhere for employment because I don't want to take the vaccine or get tested on a regular basis".  

Yeah, one of the reasons it's so difficult to have these conversations is that our perceptions about the vaccine are so wildly different.  @NorvilleBarnes is literally willing to lose his job to not get the vaccine, while most of us were thrilled to get it.  So I'm sympathetic to Norville and I don't want him to lose his job, but it's really hard for me to get over the feeling that this is a problem of his own making and that the solution is as easy as a trip to the drug store.

It's like this analogy I just made up:

MAN: "Aaack, the walls are closing in on me, I'm going to die!"

WOMAN: "No, all you need to do is walk through that door, you'll be outside the walls."

MAN: "I can't go through the door it's untested and dangerous!  Why won't these walls stop closing?  Why won't somebody help me?"

WOMAN: "Dude, I'm trying to help you.  The door isn't dangerous.  We all went through the door and are fine.  Just go through the door."

MAN:  "AAACK, help me!  But, like, not by providing me with a door that will completely fix all the problems I'm worried about.  Help me in some other way."
None of this is true but I'm not Tim and have no intention of making this about me. I'd rather talk about Biden, the vaccine, the mandate, or the legal challenges rather than my individual situation that has no relevance to anyone else.

There's no need for a mask mandate, there's no need for a vaccine mandate or a vax passport. There's no need for the authoritarian coercion on anyone's medical decisions. If the vaxxed can get and transmit the virus then it makes no sense to require testing from the unvaxxed and not the vaxxed. There's no reason to fire anyone for not getting the vax.

LOL @ "I'm trying to help you."

I mean...we have moved, in a day, from "I'm willing to look elsewhere for employment because I dont want to take the vaccine" to "I'm willing to look elsewhere for employment because I don't want to take the vaccine or get tested on a regular basis".  
Getting a swab shoved up your nose every week is pretty stupid. And you know it would be a ridiculous pain in the rear and extra expense and time suck.

So lets not pretend that that is just some normal thing. mmmmkay?

Oh, and its clearly not "normal" to choose that path. On that we agree. 
I agree with you. I stalked the vaccine when it first came out, but I wasnt eligible yet, so not getting it is completely foreign to me.

But the whole we arent forcing you to get vaccinated, you have a totally different far more invasive weekly option, you can pick instead, is just a terrible argument. 

I agree with you. I stalked the vaccine when it first came out, but I wasnt eligible yet, so not getting it is completely foreign to me.

But the whole we arent forcing you to get vaccinated, you have a totally different far more invasive weekly option, you can pick instead, is just a terrible argument. 
I cant tell if this is fishing or just a comment about the tests they had at the beginning and completely unaware of what we have now.  Tests now arent any more invasive than picking your nose. 

U.S. federal appeals court freezes Biden's vaccine rule for companies LINK

A U.S. federal appeals court issued a stay Saturday freezing the Biden administration's efforts to require workers at U.S. companies with at least 100 employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 or be tested weekly, citing "grave statutory and constitutional" issues with the rule.

:thumbup:

Yep. Although there may be exceptions,  I doubt many will be terminated without some recourse.
As a federal contractor my place of work is in a straightjacket.  100% vaccinated or we can't work federal programs.  So people will absolutely will be let go.

As a federal contractor my place of work is in a straightjacket.  100% vaccinated or we can't work federal programs.  So people will absolutely will be let go.
And federal employees will definitely be let go. My agency has been clear about that. 

OK, I guess we’ll see at the deadline. Wanna make a prediction how many people will actually lose their jobs? 

OK, I guess we’ll see at the deadline. Wanna make a prediction how many people will actually lose their jobs? 
I've seen several phrase it this way. Is this the new thing, requesting a prediction instead of addressing the point? I don't get it.  Is it just a passive way of deflecting? There's little chance a prediction will be 100% accurate but whats the point? Just to come back later and say well yeah a lot of people were fired . . . but not as many as you predicted, so double plus good!

I've seen several phrase it this way. Is this the new thing, requesting a prediction instead of addressing the point? I don't get it.  Is it just a passive way of deflecting? There's little chance a prediction will be 100% accurate but whats the point? Just to come back later and say well yeah a lot of people were fired . . . but not as many as you predicted, so double plus good!
No, I’m just trying to gauge how serious he thinks the problem is.

Personally, I think less than 5%, and probably closer to 1% of the people threatening/complaining about losing their jobs will get to the point they’re unemployed. After it’s all said and done, I bet far more people will have left/lost their jobs because of covid than the vaccines.

"HIV is a potentially deadly virus. I think all employees need to be tested weekly to make sure they don't have it. Otherwise they are no longer allowed to work here."

Perfectly reasonable request based on the precedent being set here. 

"HIV is a potentially deadly virus. I think all employees need to be tested weekly to make sure they don't have it. Otherwise they are no longer allowed to work here."

Perfectly reasonable request based on the precedent being set here. 
HIV is rarely transmitted between coworkers and in workplaces where this risk is high, many do have regular HIV testing before bodily fluid contact.

HIV is rarely transmitted between coworkers and in workplaces where this risk is high, many do have regular HIV testing before bodily fluid contact.
I'm talking everyone. How do we know people aren't carrying it? If an employer mandates that the employees must have weekly tests to prove they don't have it its well within their rights to do so correct?

Randi Weingarten joins Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Obama, Fauci and all the other absolute mask frauds that people still listen to for some reason. She won't be the last.

Methods of transmission.
Bodily fluids passed from one person to another. 

Besides which that's not the point. An employer is now justified in demanding their employees prove they are healthy each week from any number of viruses or face possible termination. That's the precedent if this is allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
No precedent is set. Different maladies, different transmission, different effects on society, different rules. No issue. Not everything has to have single covering rules applied to all. Nuance and, yes, "inconsistency" are OK.

Doug B said:
No precedent is set. Different maladies, different transmission, different effects on society, different rules. No issue. Not everything has to have single covering rules applied to all. Nuance and, yes, "inconsistency" are OK.
The precedent is fear and safety. Why should people have to go to work in fear of contracting HIV from an infected employee? For public safety, workplaces should be mandated to test for it every week from all employees even if they show no outward signs of infection. It doesn't matter that this hasn't been done in this manner before. The government has determined that it's enough of a threat to enforce this on businesses. So who are you to say people need to live in fear of getting HIV at work?

The precedent is fear and safety. Why should people have to go to work in fear of contracting HIV from an infected employee? For public safety, workplaces should be mandated to test for it every week from all employees even if they show no outward signs of infection. It doesn't matter that this hasn't been done in this manner before. The government has determined that it's enough of a threat to enforce this on businesses. So who are you to say people need to live in fear of getting HIV at work?

There are about 35,000 people infected with HIV in the US. There are over 800,000 covid cases.

So? HIV is among the top causes of death in certain demographics. Why should those people have to live in fear of a coworker infecting them?
If an employer wants to test  their employees weekly for HIV then they should go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ekbeats said:
I don't wish anybody death. I don't talk about crying at funerals or not. It's gauche. But the implied argument behind this post is problematic and fallacious. This situation should not be framed this way, and it's an embarrassment to those arguing for their individual rights vis a vis the vaccine to imply a causation here.

Just bupkis.

I don't wish anybody death. I don't talk about crying at funerals or not. It's gauche. But the implied argument behind this post is problematic and fallacious. This situation should not be framed this way, and it's an embarrassment to those arguing for their individual rights vis a vis the vaccine to imply a causation here.

Just bupkis.
:goodposting:  but that's how sites like that roll.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread