What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obamagate- AKA ***Official Dishwasher Thread*** (1 Viewer)

From the start nearly everybody talked about how they doubted it would reach Trump or get him.  The revisionist history is expected though.

Besides, the point was always to "GET TRUMP".  When you couldn't then the narrative moved to "Get anyone we can to make it look like we accomplished our original goal".  But you didn't.  Trump still there.
The only people who ever said this were Trumpists. - But I will say the constitutional system as it turns out is quite abusable, so we have learned that much about ourselves.

Stone, with Caputo, started up Trump's campaign. He's looking at 3-4 years.

Manafort got like 7 years IIRC.
Again, goalposts moved when the original goal of getting Trump didn't work.  Not interested in side notes when all we heard was that Trump was absolutely going to jail.

Now, 3.5 years and a bunch of fake evidence and sham investigations later you're hanging your hat on side notes saying THAT was the original goal.

You really need this premise, so I'll let you have it.
I do?  It was the left that made that, not me. 

You're moving the goalposts, like the left always does, when you did not Get Trump.  You have to hang your hat on something to make it look like you were victorious.  You weren't.

Trump was ALWAYS the goal until the fake evidence and shams were exposed to the light of day.  Sorry, pal.

You're moving the goalposts, like the left always does, when you did not Get Trump.  You have to hang your hat on something to make it look like you were victorious.  You weren't.

Trump was ALWAYS the goal until the fake evidence and shams were exposed to the light of day.  Sorry, pal.
How are you defining "Get Trump"?

Removal from office via impeachment with a GOP majority in the Senate was never a realistic result - though I am sure you can find many people who had hoped for that result.

But, you could argue that impeaching Trump, putting him on the defensive for 4 years, and exposing his child-like intellect, and lack of leadership is tantamount to "Getting Trump".  In which case, I'd say it was successful.  Trump has been exposed as being no more fit to run the country as he is to run a charitable foundation in New York.

Even if you subscribe to Trump's vision of European Nationalism - he is a spectacularly poor choice to be the face of that movement. 

So by this premise no matter what happens with OBAMAGATE! if Obama isn’t gotten then it was a failure. Good to know, thank you. It’s also good to know you would never move the goal post on this and anything short of Obama himself going to jail you’ll label it a complete sham.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So by this premise no matter what happens with OBAMAGATE! if Obama isn’t gotten then it was a failure. Good to know, thank you. It’s also good to know you would never move the goal post on this and anything short of Obama himself going to jail you’ll label it a complete sham.  
Uhm...yeah.  did I say anything to the contrary?

How are you defining "Get Trump"?

Removal from office via impeachment with a GOP majority in the Senate was never a realistic result - though I am sure you can find many people who had hoped for that result.

But, you could argue that impeaching Trump, putting him on the defensive for 4 years, and exposing his child-like intellect, and lack of leadership is tantamount to "Getting Trump".  In which case, I'd say it was successful.  Trump has been exposed as being no more fit to run the country as he is to run a charitable foundation in New York.

Even if you subscribe to Trump's vision of European Nationalism - he is a spectacularly poor choice to be the face of that movement. 
Get Trump was always about overturning the results of a legitimate election.  So getting Trump out of office was the goal.

All of that other stuff is, imo, just feel-good silliness to cover the fact that "Get Trump" failed spectacularly.  The original goal was always to purge him from office.

The only way someone could believe this is if their sole source of knowledge or belief on this was the right wing frothisphere and the President himself, "The Man is out to get me" has been an easy and transparent go to defense since the first king's bench dragged in its first thief.

I'm very happy with the indictments and the convictions.

And I'm happy with the Mueller report, not 100% happy but no one should expect to be that about anything. My main problem with it is the reliance on the Nixon/Clinton OSC opinions.

And if you think this is about W/L, victory/loss for anyone, of any stripe, that's a part of the problem. This has been extremely damaging down the line, and the collateral damage continues.

The only way someone could believe this is if their sole source of knowledge or belief on this was the right wing frothisphere and the President himself, "The Man is out to get me" has been an easy and transparent go to defense since the first king's bench dragged in its first thief.

I'm very happy with the indictments and the convictions.

And I'm happy with the Mueller report, not 100% happy but no one should expect to be that about anything. My main problem with it is the reliance on the Nixon/Clinton OSC opinions.

And if you think this is about W/L, victory/loss for anyone, of any stripe, that's a part of the problem. This has been extremely damaging down the line, and the collateral damage continues.
Of course it's been extremely damaging. The left has engaged in a seek and destroy mission that has affected our country. One could also make the argument that this focus on trying to get Trump was one of the reasons the response to covid was necessarily as strong as it should have been in the beginning.

Making up evidence and sham investigations certainly has damaged this country.

It took Mueller 100 pages of his report to describe all the contacts between Trump campaign personnel and Russians. In setting up the Trump Tower NY meeting, Don Jr. expressed delight at the prospect of receiving disparaging information about Hillary Clinton from Russia as part of Russia's ongoing efforts to help the Trump campaign. Trump falsely claimed he had nothing to do with Russia while, throughout the campaign, he was negotiating to construct a Trump Tower in Moscow. Paul Manafort provided internal Trump campaign polling data to Konstantin Kilimnik for purposes unknown (because Manafort won't say).

There was insufficient evidence of conspiracy to bring criminal charges against Americans. Insufficient evidence doesn't mean no evidence.
In addition to the detail provided in the 100 pages of evidence presented in the Mueller report, it also discusses the investigation's inability to interview foreign actors, the 5th Amendment claims to avoid testifying, the DOJ's assumption of privilege on the Admin's behalf, the destruction of evidence, and the repeated lying under oath which landed at least three close Trump confidants in jail.

Max Power said:
Judge Sullivan has 8 more days to make his case. After Flynn's case is dismissed, I'm sure his interviews will be interesting. 
Judge Sullivan has hired legal counsel to argue HIS ruling on the Flynn case. 

Interesting. It doesn't sound like Judge Sullivan is on the best legal footing at the moment. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grenell-declassifies-slew-of-russia-files-as-ratcliffe-takes-helm-as-dni

Richard Grenell has declassified a new batch of Russia probe documents on his way out as acting director of national intelligence, leaving the decision on whether to make those files public up to newly sworn-in Director John Ratcliffe.

The documents include transcripts of phone calls that then-incoming National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak had in December 2016, during the presidential transition period. Grenell said publicly last week that he was in the process of declassifying those files, after House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., asked that he do so.
I think we're all ready to see these.

OBAMAGATE has been put on hiatus for retooling.  Look for a Fall 2020 reboot
I've made my feelings about this stuff really well known but I would not underrate the perniciousness of Barr and Durham.

However this, the insane Gugino claim, the claim about Klausuitis (Scarborough), the antifa stuff, the invasion of Lafayette Square and the following model shoot.... all came right as the country hit 100,000 deaths from the pandemic. The pushing out of the insanity has been manic.

I've made my feelings about this stuff really well known but I would not underrate the perniciousness of Barr and Durham.

However this, the insane Gugino claim, the claim about Klausuitis (Scarborough), the antifa stuff, the invasion of Lafayette Square and the following model shoot.... all came right as the country hit 100,000 deaths from the pandemic. The pushing out of the insanity has been manic.
Ought to be a hoot when we reach 200,000.

Other than economic recovery setting up Trump with an economy he claims all the credit for when its good and takes no blame when its bad?
It’s well documented in the appropriate thread the economy was trending down at the end of the Obama error, even with all the QE. Let’s not repeat the same inaccuracies. 

Users who are viewing this thread