What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Movie Draft- The judging is heavily biased against me. It’s a hoax! Fake news. (3 Viewers)

I do.  I am always trying to get people who dont normally do so to try a classic or foreign movie.  
And if you like a scene of a movie does some 'uh person' who has no appreciation of the scene get to slam your choice just because they don't like it or can you share just because you like a scene without having to face judgement?

I shared because I like the clip, it makes me smile.

As for converting to old B&W or foreign films some won't ever embrace those which is fine.  I love some foreign films and old black and white knowing I'll never convert people who don't like subtitles or old films.

7. The Joker- Villain 

The Joker has only been portrayed 3 times live in the movies but 2 of those times the performer received an Academy Award for Best Actor. 
This was a good pick despite my nitpicking over how many different films the character appeared in. The one you're missing doesn't add anything anyway.

I just realized- the TV show had a movie right? So you’re right; forgot about that, lol. 
Actually I wasn't thinking about that but that would make it 5. Not sure if that was a TV movie or a theatrical release though.

Well the movie sucked really bad so I don't think I'm spotlighting that the Joker was also in Suicide Squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you like a scene of a movie does some 'uh person' who has no appreciation of the scene get to slam your choice just because they don't like it or can you share just because you like a scene without having to face judgement?

I shared because I like the clip, it makes me smile.

As for converting to old B&W or foreign films some won't ever embrace those which is fine.  I love some foreign films and old black and white knowing I'll never convert people who don't like subtitles or old films.
The spirit of this these so far is to mock each other’s picks. It’s all in good fun.

Charlie Steiner said:
Giving @Gally the chance to call an audible if he wants, will proceed shortly...
 just letting you know that you have been on the clock for an hour

7.10 - Grace Kelly - Legendary movie star - girl...no, WOMAN

Even if she was a terrible actress, which she was the opposite of, she's still the most magnificent creature ever created. 

Good...heavens!

"Can someone get me a towel?"

"Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality."

"I hated Hollywood. It's a town without pity. I know of no other place in the world where so many people suffer from nervous breakdowns, where there are so many alcoholics, neurotics, and so much unhappiness."

"Mr. Hitchcock taught me everything about cinema. It was thanks to him that I understood that murder scenes should be shot like love scenes and love scenes like murder scenes."

"What else is there to do if you're alone in a tent in Africa with Clark Gable?"

7.10 - Grace Kelly - Legendary movie star - girl...no, WOMAN

Even if she was a terrible actress, which she was the opposite of, she's still the most magnificent creature ever created. 

Good...heavens!

"Can someone get me a towel?"

"Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality."

"I hated Hollywood. It's a town without pity. I know of no other place in the world where so many people suffer from nervous breakdowns, where there are so many alcoholics, neurotics, and so much unhappiness."

"Mr. Hitchcock taught me everything about cinema. It was thanks to him that I understood that murder scenes should be shot like love scenes and love scenes like murder scenes."

"What else is there to do if you're alone in a tent in Africa with Clark Gable?"
Damn, I was wrong.  And I had that penciled in for rd 8.  Great pick.  

If you guys were the inventors of Facebook, you'd have invented Facebook.

7.11 Best 2010s Movie: The Social Network (2010)

Dream team of writer, director and cast. The movie is super entertaining and has only become more important and relevant now that we can fully see what Facebook has become. Plus, being so recent I don't think peoples minds about "the best of" are set nearly as firmly as decades further in the past. This one has stood the test of 10 years and will eventually be cemented as one of the best movies of this century. 

@mphtrilogy

7.09: Conan the Barbarian - Fantasy

@Gally and I talked about this film earlier and figured it would drop some, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on it here.

For those of us who grew up seeing this film when it came out, we may not immediately think of it being very noteworthy; Arnold went on to much bigger, popular, financially successful films, but there are so many details about the cast alone that I've learned over the years that convince me that the movie itself is as epic if not moreso than the story it tells.

Written by Oliver Stone and directed by John Milius--Stone and Milius deserve their own joint biopic. Stone served in Vietnam, Milius wanted to but was medically disqualified. Despite this, Milius--the inspiration for Walter in The Big Lebowski, walked and talked like he was a hard core vet, even getting to contribute to writing Apocalypse Now.  I think each wanted to be the other, and with both of them fighting over the same turf in Hollywood and having contrasting personalities, I'm sure there is enough tension there to put on screen.  Even if there isn't, both of these men went on from Conan to have enviable careers in their own right, and Conan had them both.

In its time, the cast seemed made up of not a whole lot of anything other than Max von Sydow's cameo as King Osric, and James Earl Jones seemingly miscast as Thulsa Doom, but from Conan's dad to the minions of Thulsa Doom that he kills at the end, most of the actors were formidable even if unknown to the general public, and their quality is the bedrock that the film was built on. Among those, Mako is a prime example.  Yes, he played multiple characters in M*A*S*H, but each one of them had a presence, a gravitas to them that made them memorable, plus he had a memorable role in The Sand Pebbles. Of all the cast, whom I would love to spotlight but won't in the interest of brevity, Sven-Ole Thorsen is the last one I will highlight. The massive Danish Schwartzenegger clone popped up in many of Arnold's movies as well as showing up as one of the officers in The Hunt For Red October, but also got his own chance to shine in Gladiator.

To me, this movie was made with nothing but the finest ingredients and deserves more love than it gets. Therefore I would not let it fall any further.

Dream team of writer, director and cast. The movie is super entertaining and has only become more important and relevant now that we can fully see what Facebook has become. Plus, being so recent I don't think peoples minds about "the best of" are set nearly as firmly as decades further in the past. This one has stood the test of 10 years and will eventually be cemented as one of the best movies of this century. 

@mphtrilogy
Grrr. 

@mphtrilogy
I like it more each time I watch it. I still don't like how it plays fast & loose with the facts of the story. 

Gretchen: 18,000 dollars?

Eduardo Saverin: Yes.

Gretchen: In addition to the $1,000 you'd already put up?

Gretchen: A total of $19,000 now?

Mark Zuckerberg: Hang on.

[Mark sarcastically adds up the 2 amounts on his notepad]

Mark Zuckerberg: I'm just checking your math on that. Yes, I got the same thing.
:lmao:

I like it more each time I watch it. I still don't like how it plays fast & loose with the facts of the story. 

:lmao:
It is definitely not an accurate representation of what happened but it seems to capture the spirit of much of it. Even history plays fast and loose with the facts so I don't mind if the movies do. 

Users who are viewing this thread