What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (6 Viewers)

I'm getting close to being green also. Not sure what I'm going to do. Chet's comment the other day makes me want to hold for awhile. 
Good luck to you guys. I don’t have the stomach anymore for stuff like this. I got rid of 90% of mine at the peaks in July and September. Amazed that you guys held out through the vaccines and everything. No idea if you should hold, but as an FYI, my IRA which is where I had most of my CYDY is up about 50% from those two sales so it’s like I sold today at almost $10 and $8. I’d just be cautious based on the rest of your portfolio and if there’s other things you’d like to own more. Otherwise, good luck! Hope you get back to $10. I think I made myself feel better by figuring out how much extra CYDY got me after reinvesting the profits. Thanks again Chet.

I've got a decent amount accumulated.  This gameplan could change but right now I'm thinking of selling 1/3 of it somewhere around 1/15/21, well before any decisions about EUA or approval are made.

Im up big on CYDY at this point and can freeroll with everything I have right now but think I should still bank more of the profit before any approval decisions.  I was able to get in early enough and make money the first time around, was actually able to get most of it out in the high 7s, the day that it had a big drop.

I always held a small amount but basically started over again and my average cost per share on this run is around $2.40

I remember the days of having 22k shares and this would be epic.  But I trimmed down to 3k months ago and lost a ton so it's just a big meh.  I did buy another 1400 @ 5.41 today though.  What can I say, I'm not a quick learner.

WSJ article as well

CytoDyn, a biotechnology company, recently applied to the FDA to test its experimental drug, leronlimab, on 102 long Covid patients.
PHOTO: CYTODYN INC.

Doctors have previously used some existing drugs to alleviate specific symptoms of long Covid in a piecemeal fashion. What’s different now is that scientists are testing drugs intended to treat the underlying causes of the condition.

CytoDyn, a Vancouver, Wash., biotechnology company, recently applied to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to test its experimental drug, leronlimab, on 102 long Covid patients, says Scott A. Kelly, chief medical officer of the company.

Leronlimab, a monoclonal antibody administered through subcutaneous injections, was developed as an HIV drug. When the pandemic hit, the company shifted to Covid-19. The same receptor that allows HIV to enter cells is also important in regulating immune cells; some doctors believe long-term Covid symptoms are caused by the immune system going haywire. The company has recently tested the treatment in severe Covid patients as well as in mild to moderate cases, some of which were long-haul patients.

Some patients with long-term symptoms reported their brain fog and cognition issues improving after treatment. “When we started to see these patients saying the brain fog was clearing, we were encouraged,” says Dr. Kelly. A new trial would test the drug specifically on long-haul patients.

Dr. Kelly says they believe leronlimab may be alleviating brain inflammation. Leronlimab binds to a cell receptor that contributes to the regulation of immune cells that sometimes flood an area and destroy tissue. Blocking that receptor may slow down the inflammatory response, which some scientists believe is triggering problems in long Covid patients.

“We are hopeful we can control the neuroinflammation in the brain which we think causes a lot of these problems with autonomic dysfunction, fatigue, brain fog,” says Dr. Kelly. The company says patients haven’t reported significant side effects in the clinical trials they’ve done for Covid and HIV.

Dr. Kelly says the interest in such a treatment is tremendous. “I get emails every day about wanting to participate in the trial,” he says.
 Link (need subscription)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened with the Nasdaq uplisting?  I kind of forgot about that once it dropped to sub $4.  Is that back on the table now?  Would expect a big pop if that happened?  Where would the price go once its "legit"

Whatever happened with the Nasdaq uplisting?  I kind of forgot about that once it dropped to sub $4.  Is that back on the table now?  Would expect a big pop if that happened?  Where would the price go once its "legit"
They mentioned it on the last call... I think I remember they're still a ways away due to other factors (cash on hand? assets?). Stock price helps, approval would help, but still not there yet.

Looks like CFO Michael Mulholland sold 32,000 shares on 12/17, 487,002 shares on 12/18. and 589,797 shares today.  He now owns 284,081 shares.  In other words, he sold 75% of his shares.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1175680/000180709420000029/xslF345X03/primary_doc.xml
Looks like part of a pre determined plan sale executed 11/12.  Bunch of NQ’s, non-qualified stock options.  The spread between the exercise price and grant price is taxable compensation (ordinary income) to him.  Pretty common from lots of exec’s I have seen.  Most NQ’s I see are same day exercise and sell due to tax consequences.

Imagine he has many more ‘in the money’ options.

Looks like part of a pre determined plan sale executed 11/12.  Bunch of NQ’s, non-qualified stock options.  The spread between the exercise price and grant price is taxable compensation (ordinary income) to him.  Pretty common from lots of exec’s I have seen.  Most NQ’s I see are same day exercise and sell due to tax consequences.

We'll see a drop tomorrow.

The market sucking up 1mm shares on up days is good though.

I don’t think the buying public knows or generally cares about this sort of thing. Does make you wonder why the hell he would do it though. 
Its not like they were going to expire anytime soon, definitely didn't need to put this in motion now.  If he was confident that this had a lot more room to run, seems odd to sell now.

I hate thinking about this stuff when you don't know the entire situation/motivation but its not good.

I think I’ll market order at open. Hgen is up premarket. I’ll look to sell the New cydy today before the inside sell starts a short attack

I have to think the stock will be up today.  Wasn't thinking that would be the case when I woke up.

Looks like its down a little in Germany right now but think this will turn around today.

If this starts down today, Im buying more.

Knowing a EAU is a bigger deal, what is the difference between an EIND and a EAU?

Taxguy said:

User name checks out

Knowing a EAU is a bigger deal, what is the difference between an EIND and a EAU?
I believe EIND patients have to be approved separately and that EUA patients can be treated simply with the doctor’s approval. 

At any rate, EUA is broader and makes the drug more accessible. 

Eind is go ahead and administer the patient is ####ed anyway. 

Eua is this drug worked in a study better than anything else available and there is an emergency need

plus what Chet said

Users who are viewing this thread