What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

Just finished YHF- solid album nothing great or terrible and didn't think there was any "weirdness". Fav track "I'm the Man Who Loves You" followed by "Heavy Metal Drummer" and "Ashes of American Flags"

I'll fire up Being There next
If you want Weirdness, the choice is Less Than You Think from A Ghost Is Born.

Nice, I was going to take him next and just wait to see who is the starter. I think they go Big **** Nick over Mitch #######
I do, too. More money in Nick. I just read an article on Trubisky and figured I'd build capital with him if he's the starter. If not, he goes back.

This is pretty much what the Bears think about their QBs too I think. 🐻 🐻
The Bears took Trubisky at #2 over Mahomes and Watson, and Trubisky had only played one year as the starter at UNC. He wasn't all that during his junior year when he started. I guess the Bears loved his potential. 

I second the recommendations of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Being There, but also highly recommend A Ghost Is Born and, if you want to try more recent stuff, Star Wars.
I didn't like Being There as much as the last album- too much of a country sound. It actually reminded me of the Stones Far Away Eyes in a couple songs and seemed they were going for this Stones sound through out the album. Wasn't bad but dont think Id listen to the whole thing again.

fav tracks- I got you(at the end of the century,misunderstood

I didn't like Being There as much as the last album- too much of a country sound. It actually reminded me of the Stones Far Away Eyes in a couple songs and seemed they were going for this Stones sound through out the album. Wasn't bad but dont think Id listen to the whole thing again.

One of their best songs.

Those are both great. Hell, all of Disc 1 is IMO, along with Sunken Treasure, Kingpin and Dreamer of My Dreams. 

Don't try their first album, A.M., it's even more country than Being There. Subsequent albums are much less country. 

K Matt Prater DET

Song: From a brilliant album that gets lost in the shuffle of their other work: MC5 -- Over and Over

D Bears

Song: Since we're on the Wilco trip: Spiders (Kidsmoke)

I'm done, back to @Mrs. Rannous
Your Spiders link didn't work for me so listening on Spotify. Like this more than most of the Being There album but it's about 4 minutes too long. I'll give this album a listen tomorrow at work .

Thanks for all the help with the spreadsheet. I'm thinking this is Pip's and maybe a couple others. 

With it up to date, I was able to easily load Yahoo just now, so as soon as we finish up here, I can press go on the league, which will allow for a waiver/free agent period before week 1 👍

Jeff Tweedy came from Uncle Tupelo one of the early band in the alt-country genre. Wilco's first two albums continued with that alt-country sound and they grew from there.

Your Spiders link didn't work for me so listening on Spotify. Like this more than most of the Being There album but it's about 4 minutes too long. I'll give this album a listen tomorrow at work .
Cool. This album is a bit like YHF but has a harder edge. Before recording started, Jeff Tweedy took guitar lessons from Television’s Tom Verlaine, giving some of the new songs an edgier and more dissonant sound than their predecessors. 

The band’s lineup was revamped after these sessions and avant-garde guitarist  Nels Cline was brought in. The new lineup toured this record — I saw them 3 times the following 2 years - and Cline absolutely killed these songs. That lineup remains to this day. 

Less Than You Think has a long instrumental section at the end. You won’t miss anything if you cut it off after a few minutes. The sound is meant to convey what Tweedy hears/feels when he gets migraines, which were particularly bad for him around that time.

Users who are viewing this thread