What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (3 Viewers)

Alright, I remember the rules of this draft right and I can pick the college or I can pick the current city and so I will... We're taking things a little country here with this one, maybe the best live show I saw in 2018? It's definitely up there. This guy is like Neil Young on the solos, and the love for drugs, and the great songwriting. Not that he sounds at all similar. Anyway, my favourite current MLB pitcher I think, at least he was up until this offseason when he signed in New York.

SP - James Paxton - SEATTLE MARINERS (#### THE YANKEES)/UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY - Sturgill Simpson - Turtles All The Way Down

There's a gateway in our minds
That leads somewhere out there, far beyond this plane
Where reptile aliens made of light
Cut you open and pull out all your pain
Tell me how you make illegal
Something that we all make in our brain
Some say you might go crazy
But then again it might make you go sane

Every time I take a look
Inside that old and fabled book
I'm blinded and reminded of
The pain caused by some old man in the sky
Marijuana, LSD
Psilocybin, and DMT
They all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life

So don't waste your mind on nursery rhymes
Or fairy tales of blood and wine
It's turtles all the way down the line
So to each their own 'til we go home
To other realms our souls must roam
To and through the myth that we all call space and time

We started August 13 last year. I really like the way it played out with the long slow draft, so that will be the plan again, we can tweak the music component so we're looking at different songs but probably the structure/scoring system will be the same or similar as well.

We started August 13 last year. I really like the way it played out with the long slow draft, so that will be the plan again, we can tweak the music component so we're looking at different songs but probably the structure/scoring system will be the same or similar as well.
nice.

I'll probably try to stay with only drafting songs released this year. 

but #### the panthers, packers and broncos tbh.

Maybe the lyrics of the song can have some (even vague) connection to either the city of pro or college team, team name of the NFL team (i.e. Dolphins) or college team name (i.e. Trojans) or something like that?

Maybe the lyrics of the song can have some (even vague) connection to either the city of pro or college team, team name of the NFL team (i.e. Dolphins) or college team name (i.e. Trojans) or something like that?
Ooo.  I like this.  Sort of like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, but with music.

Sure but what do I do once we exhaust their catalogue? Norb’s solo work was lost in the Holstein Ranch fire of 93 and I’m sorry but The Onions albums without the Reverend were garbage. 
The Holstein Ranch fire of '93 was said to have robbed Norb of his recorded movements away from the disposable nature of commercial recordings and toward a socially conscious neo-psychedelia that was supposed to introduce a new communal commonality of existence between he and his listeners.

All in all, like Mark Lindsay, but without the grandiosity that undercut Lindsay's attempt at the same universal vibe. 

Users who are viewing this thread