What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza VI: Return of the Rock Bands - And they say "He's in the Class A Team" (1 Viewer)

I definitely would not have predicted Travis Kelce’s girlfriend’s bathroom habits.

I got the suspension and was surprised. It was all passive relaying of information about an entirely different site and how the commenters used to talk about her. It contained one language filter word. DO NOT comment about Taylor Swift here. That's twice I've caught banhammers for really innocuous stuff. People are report-happy about her, and I'm guessing I know who those people are.

And honestly, in this case (and I usually don't *****) the mod was really taking stuff out of context and not placing it properly.

It's getting a little tiring not knowing what is worthy of a suspension and what we can talk about. I would get escalating Philly nonsense; I had no idea it would be for Taylor and bathroom stuff.
Way back in the day I remember Joe saying that he wanted the forums to be something his pastor would be ok with reading. I’ve kept that in mind ever since.

Plenty of other places on the internet where I can engage in bathroom humor if I feel like it.

Yep. There was no humor in it, though. I just talked about how a few guys at the A.V. Club used to treat her and left it at that. No reveling or rollicking. I'm sort of prudish, anyway, so bathroom and bodily function humor is generally a no-go with me. I just don't care for it.

It's at the "win and you're in" stage between Truebluey and I.

Too many field goals by Sanders and not enough points can be lost by Miami's defense. Worst they can finish with is a positive three or four, and that cinches it combined with Sanders's points.

I like Truebluey's chances. Hopkins is the only option for Tennessee's passing game, and if Tua throws to anybody but Waddle, points are scored by Tua.

Not looking great for rockaction's team right now given the way the game is going. Maybe some Dontayvion Wicks?

Wow. This got tight after Mostert helped me pull away for a bit.

Nothing easy in this league. Fifteen points ahead. Nothing is assured.

Miami and Tennessee will likely get at least one possession if Tennessee can stop them here.

Giants with a crazy win. How'd that happen. I was watching the Miami garbage time.

Nice night to have competing games.

Playoffs?!

Playoffs?!

PLAYOFFS!

I will playing the new juggernaut called TWO PHONES. At least I'm in. That's a bloody miracle after my start and middle. What a finish!

PUP (Taylor's Version) gets Chubbs.

LFG (life's for goodness)!

Songs:

Evan McPherson - K - CIN

Evan Dando is the lead singer of The Lemonheads

Dontayvion Wicks - WR - NYG

I didn't do it. I just heard it. Aaron to Davante . . .

Dallas Goedert - TE - PHI

Younghoe Koo - K - ATL

Young qualifying . . . there's no better love

Houston D/ST

Beyoncé is from Houston

Zach Ertz - TE - FA

Last edited:
Asking out of general curiosity (and obviously because it just happened to me) but is there a reason the league doesn’t allocate the last playoff spot to points? Thx.

Asking out of general curiosity (and obviously because it just happened to me) but is there a reason the league doesn’t allocate the last playoff spot to points? Thx.
Maybe because we don't have divisions?
Fair, though I think that makes a better case to do it.

And just to be extra clear. I’m not making a deal out of this or playing poor sport. Honestly just asking to understand. I‘ve throughly enjoyed this league and like mixing it up with ifriends.

Honestly just asking to understand

It's generally not standard to do that. Some leagues evolved that way.

It's a head-to-head league. I just lost another playoff spot in the FFA Shining's Path Cup while almost winning the points battle. You were third in this league, I was second in that one and finished seventh. I didn't make the playoffs because they're old leagues, and old leagues don't usually award for total points.

We could probably change next year, but I'd vote against it. It's just another thing to track, and it's a PITA at times.

Great compilation. Gotta check if I still have that disc since almost none of it is on Spotify

Might be the best hip hop compilation ever. 1-9-9-9

This might be my favorite DJ segue ever. From Track 13 to 14

Tracks 14-16 might be my favorite hip hop trio ever. Just annihilation.

Wouldn't catch me half-stepping even if I lost both feet

Well, this has started.

Me and Ilov going at it. Tight with the kicker and defense so far. Ilov under projection by .88. I'm under by .11.

Heh.

LFG!!!

Added

Xavier Hutchinson - WR - Houston

Bobby Hutcherson - "Teddy"

Another free move due to an injury so I'll pick up another guy I've never heard of.

Bobby Hutcherson is one of the greats on the vibraphone. He was a longtime SF resident; Lou and I pass a performance space named in his honor when we go to the farmer's market. "Teddy" comes from Hutcherson's last record in a quartet with Billy Hart on drums, David Sanborn on alto and the late Joey DeFrancesco on the Hammond B3.

Was that ever a conisderation?

I picked him up almost out of obligation and I'd only use him if Bijan, Kamara, or Mostert got hurt. But I didn't see anybody on the wire with a path to playing time and he might be of use in Wk 16 if I made it that far.

The real consideration was the Las Vegas D, which would have been quite the boon to my squad. If you read the game thread, you can see me actively debating with myself about starting the Las Vegas D. I didn't, obviously, because I thought Atlanta was a safer and better play in the end. Time will tell, but it looks like I botched that call.

Not loving the Waddle/Jets match-up and Olave might not play. I mean, no complaining, because I theoretically should be deep enough to compensate for that, but unfortunately my strength lies in my RBs. And I'm the 6th seed, so I'm no worldbeater. My WRs are weak. It's ironic, because I thought they'd be a strength. To use an analogy, I've got a shot at the eight ball, but it's engulfed and surrounded by the 2 and the 4. I might need some luck here to have a shot.

Was that ever a conisderation?

I picked him up almost out of obligation and I'd only use him if Bijan, Kamara, or Mostert got hurt. But I didn't see anybody on the wire with a path to playing time and he might be of use in Wk 16 if I made it that far.

The real consideration was the Las Vegas D, which would have been quite the boon to my squad. If you read the game thread, you can see me actively debating with myself about starting the Las Vegas D. I didn't, obviously, because I thought Atlanta was a safer and better play in the end. Time will tell, but it looks like I botched that call.

Not loving the Waddle/Jets match-up and Olave might not play. I mean, no complaining, because I theoretically should be deep enough to compensate for that, but unfortunately my strength lies in my RBs. And I'm the 6th seed, so I'm no worldbeater. My WRs are weak. It's ironic, because I thought they'd be a strength. To use an analogy, I've got a shot at the eight ball, but it's engulfed and surrounded by the 2 and the 4. I might need some luck here to have a shot

My team isn't that great either. I did a poor job with waivers and in a 14 teamer, it dries up too quick to get lazy on the wire. I probably overperformed this year given what team is vs my record.

My team isn't that great either.

I dunno. I really like your team, actually. CeeDee and Amon-Ra make me jealous. I have nobody at WR like that. And James Cook was a wonderful pick. You took him a bit early, IIRC, but it was a smart early the way the draft went.

LBL really has an excellent team and has been working the wire like a champ. McCaffrey was a worthy pick.

Loving his music picks, too. "Patriotism," despite my obvious political disagreements with that view of America, is a dope track. Just fire.

My team isn't that great either.

I dunno. I really like your team, actually. CeeDee and Amon-Ra make me jealous. I have nobody at WR like that. And James Cook was a wonderful pick. You took him a bit early, IIRC, but it was a smart early the way the draft went.
Yeah, Amon Ra and Lamb are a nice core. Engram, Baker, Purdy and Monty were nice values as well. I've been extremely lucky with health.

Last edited:
Your RB trio is pretty sick though. If Olave and Waddle can live up to their preseason hype these last couple weeks, you should win the whole thing. Dak has been on a roll too, it's a scary team.

If Olave and Waddle can live up to their preseason hype these last couple weeks, you should win the whole thing.

Thanks. I wouldn't hold out too much hope. LOL about the receivers. Thank you for the compliment, though. Bijan has really come on as of late, Kamara was a world beater his first four or five games, and Mostert has been my MVP. So glad I took him. Let's hope he keeps it up against a very tough Jets team. He scored two late TDs last game against the Jets (just like he did against Tennessee) to salvage an otherwise questionable performance.

I think Kamara in around the 5th or the 6th saved my redraft seasons. (I really feel like I should have been in the Shining Path playoffs, too, but fell 16 or so total points short. I was second overall in points scored and lost the 8-6 tiebreak to the highest total points team, a team I was leading by 21 total points into the last weekend.)

I did learn something again this year, though. I am not betting on second-year breakouts from WRs. I've counted on that for about two years, and it's hurt my teams badly. Give me established guys over the tantalizing upside of the second-year guy. It just hasn't happened the past two years for the guys I pick.

If Olave and Waddle can live up to their preseason hype these last couple weeks, you should win the whole thing.

Thanks. I wouldn't hold out too much hope. LOL about the receivers. Thank you for the compliment, though. Bijan has really come on as of late, Kamara was a world beater his first four or five games, and Mostert has been my MVP. So glad I took him. Let's hope he keeps it up against a very tough Jets team. He scored two late TDs last game against the Jets (just like he did against Tennessee) to salvage an otherwise questionable performance.

I think Kamara in around the 5th or the 6th saved my redraft seasons. (I really feel like I should have been in the Shining Path playoffs, too, but fell 16 or so total points short. I was second overall in points scored and lost the 8-6 tiebreak to the highest total points team, a team I was leading by 21 total points into the last weekend.)

I did learn something again this year, though. I am not betting on second-year breakouts from WRs. I've counted on that for about two years, and it's hurt my teams badly. Give me established guys over the tantalizing upside of the second-year guy. It just hasn't happened the past two years for the guys I pick.
Yeah I know we have talked about this but I think we as a community have just auto-baked in this jump from Y1 to Y2 for rookies and that doesn't seem to be quite fitting with the play we see. Unless there is an improvement in role or offense or health, maybe we should expect that a good rookie year doesn't mean the player is on the verge of being elite but is simply a good player. The 2nd year players to buy on are the ones who didn't totally fail but are carrying less hype. This year, Dotson was a good example even though he's a bust. His price was very fair given the upside. Devonta Smith last year was a good example of a guy that wasn't being given credit. Amon Ra in 2022 as well was getting knocked for the whole "he only did well because everyone was hurt" narrative. I like those values better.

LBL really has an excellent team and has been working the wire like a champ. McCaffrey was a worthy pick.

Loving his music picks, too. "Patriotism," despite my obvious political disagreements with that view of America, is a dope track. Just fire.
I don’t want to derail the thread, so feel free to demur or what have you, but I am curious what you actually disagree with in those lyrics. Even if one might not want to just say that America is terrible, I’m not sure that I disagree with many of the observations.

Even if one might not want to just say that America is terrible, I’m not sure that I disagree with many of the observations.

I started a long response and even have the lyrics up on Genius, where I further dissected them, but this is generally a politics-free zone, as are the music drafts and such.

I try to keep politics out of almost every music discussion, and the reason I mention them here is because anybody who knows me online would figure that the lyrics (which are completely a put-down of almost all of America) would be somewhat anathema to my real-life politics.

So I'll sort of avoid the issue. I can send a PM if you would like to know, but I think it would take a long time to craft that response. There's a lot to unpack in those lyrics and what they assume about our country.

El-P is an artist where I can completely disagree with what he's saying one moment but appreciate other parts of what he's saying in the very same song. I can SMDH in disagreement with him and then think that he's accurate and righteous all within a quick verse. His powers of observation, his humor, and his writing skills are top-notch, and that's why I was going to do him for the MAD countdown.

So that's a long way of saying "thank you but no thank you," LBL.

Even if one might not want to just say that America is terrible, I’m not sure that I disagree with many of the observations.

I started a long response and even have the lyrics up on Genius, where I further dissected them, but this is generally a politics-free zone, as are the music drafts and such.

I try to keep politics out of almost every music discussion, and the reason I mention them here is because anybody who knows me online would figure that the lyrics (which are completely a put-down of almost all of America) would be somewhat anathema to my real-life politics.

So I'll sort of avoid the issue. I can send a PM if you would like to know, but I think it would take a long time to craft that response. There's a lot to unpack in those lyrics and what they assume about our country.

El-P is an artist where I can completely disagree with what he's saying one moment but appreciate other parts of what he's saying in the very same song. I can SMDH in disagreement with him and then think that he's accurate and righteous all within a quick verse. His powers of observation, his humor, and his writing skills are top-notch, and that's why I was going to do him for the MAD countdown.

So that's a long way of saying "thank you but no thank you," LBL.
Send me the pm if you want, if not, we shall just keep calm and carry on

Sorry Rock, just wasn’t your day

Yeah, wow, you boatraced me. I had a feeling that might happen when I wrote that I liked your team the other day. Good show and congratulations! Wishing you and Doug B both well in the semis, though it's really impossible to have that be true (lol).

Best of luck to all the remaining participants. Thanks for being class acts and model leaguemates. I enjoy this league every year.

But it's over for me. In that spirit, and in the spirit of the holidays . . .

Added

Jalin Hyatt - WR - New York

John Lennon, of course, lived in New York

Added

Joe Flacco - QB - Cleveland

Abbey Lincoln - Happiness is a Thing Called Joe

Flacco is next man up in my experiment to have the most mediocre QB play possible. It's amazing that we've reached the semi-finals.

I was going to pick an Abbey Lincoln song in Holly Jolly Palooza but forgot about her by the time the dice came up. She had a long illustrious career as a Jazz singer but it's hard to top her early albums on Riverside. She's backed here by an all-star quartet featuring Sonny Rollins, Paul Chambers, Wynton Kelly and future husband Max Roach.

Interesting day of football. Take heart, Eephus, you've still got Zeke going up against a defense that's allowed the 2nd most points to RBs this year.

Of course, most of that was the Miami game, but there's still hope.

I have to decide between Zeke and Odell Beckham in my dynasty league semi-final. How I got to that point of having to make that choice I don't quite know. Something went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread