What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza VI: Return of the Rock Bands - And they say "He's in the Class A Team" (1 Viewer)

If you and I had played this week Rock, it would have been a less than 1 point nail biter.

Yep. I was going to say before for irony's sake that I lost with the second-highest score, but I double-checked and you aced me a bit on that. Good win this week for you!

I'm not disappointed with who I picked to start, but I did not start the optimum lineup, and that gets me a little.

Regardless, I'm just happy to have a semi-competitive team this year after the last one. At least I can go into games hoping to win them.

eta* I lost in my dynasty league by .75 points. The score was 248.87- 248.12. For as many points as that is, that's a razor thin margin. I'm still pissed. I started Adams last night and he started Meyers. That was the margin of victory. 3.00 to 2.10. Augh.

If you and I had played this week Rock, it would have been a less than 1 point nail biter.

Yep. I was going to say before for irony's sake that I lost with the second-highest score, but I double-checked and you aced me a bit on that. Good win this week for you!

I'm not disappointed with who I picked to start, but I did not start the optimum lineup, and that gets me a little.

Regardless, I'm just happy to have a semi-competitive team this year after the last one. At least I can go into games hoping to win them.

eta* I lost in my dynasty league by .75 points. The score was 248.87- 248.12. For as many points as that is, that's a razor thin margin. I'm still pissed. I started Adams last night and he started Meyers. That was the margin of victory. 3.00 to 2.10. Augh.
Those close losses where we sit higher scoring players are the ones that eat at us.

Like you, I am just happy to be competitive in our League this year, after a very poor showing last year. Taking a gamble on Tua has probably been the biggest factor in a better season.

In my home league, which is the only other league I do besides Shining path, I am 8-0 for the first time in the 26-year history of the League. And I'm not even sure how I'm doing it. I haven't been high score in any week so far. But I have been very consistent and have never dipped below 120 points in a week. Chase, Herbert, Walker and LaPorta, and the surprisingly good play of Addison, have been keys there. Will be interesting to see what happens to Addison now. Even before JJ's injury he was a solid WR3.

Added

JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR - Pats

Anthony Braxton - Ju-Ju

Back in his Steelers days, JuJu was the namesake for my JuJu Eyeballs Summerpalooza team. I hope he still has a little left in his tank because WR seems to be unusually slim pickings at the moment.

I'm happy to be able to fit the prolific saxophone player and theorist Anthony Braxton into the playlist. His compositions and playing can be dissonant and intimidating but he keeps mostly inside on this 2003 recording of the standard by Wayne Shorter.

Added

Harrison Butker - K - Kansas City

Harrison/Blanchard - Ninth Ward Strut

Bye week kicker. Yay!

Donald Harrison (sax) and Terence Blanchard (trumpet) came out of New Orleans in the early 80s. They teamed up as Harrison/Blanchard after leaving Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers. They're associated with the New Traditionalists who returned Jazz to the styles of the 60s two decades after Miles went electric. "Ninth Ward Strut" is an ambitious piece written by Blanchard from their final album as a team. Blanchard went on to write music for a bunch of Spike Lee Joynts while Harrison has fulfilled his legacy as a Big Chief of a New Orleans Mardi Gras Indian krewe.

It only took about eight weeks, but I finally got PUP (Taylor's Version)

:lmao:

Money.

Speaking of Eephus and all things unique, Eephus, have you seen "Put Me On Somethin'" by San Francisco native P-Lo? It's in a Wing Stop ad they always show during football. Commercial crassness aside, it's a hit in the vein of J-Kwon's "Tipsy," a comparison I'm making because it's similarly light-hearted, it's from an off-the-national-radar artist, and it's driven by a hook that is the meat of the song. It's infectious and features another Bay Area/San Franciscan, E-40.

Last edited:
Speaking of Eephus and all things unique, Eephus, have you seen "Put Me On Somethin'" by San Francisco native P-Lo? I

I've heard the tune before but had no idea who did it or that he was from the Bay. I haven't been listening to much hip hop lately except what I hear on the radio.

Added

Evan McPherson - K - Bengals

Charles McPherson - Another Kind of Blues

Brought back the kicker from last year's champions to change my luck. Who doesn't love the part where the kicker fires up the team with an inspirational locker room speech.

Charles McPherson is a saxophone player with a tone on alto that reminds me a lot of Charlie Parker's. McPherson cut his teeth in Mingus' groups of the 60s and early 70s. "Another Kind of Blues" is a McPherson original recorded in 1971, a time when swinging straight-ahead Jazz like this was out of fashion.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a pretty good quarterback duo. I've noticed some people don't have a good QB. If you're interested, I'm looking for a WR/RB. Let me know.

added Greg Joseph - K

Added

Justin Watson - WR - Chiefs

Eric Watson Trio - Punk Circus

In a desperation move, I've delved into Kansas City wide receivers for the first time this season.

Eric Watson is an American pianist who's spent the past 45 years working in Paris. "Punk Circus" is a 1995 recording that has nothing to do with Punk Rock; the head sounds vaguely Monkish but the solos go off in a different direction.

Added

Justin Watson - WR - Chiefs

Eric Watson Trio - White Out

In a desperation move, I've delved into Kansas City wide receivers for the first time this season.

Eric Watson is an American pianist who's spent the past 45 years working in Paris. "Punk Circus" is a 1995 recording that has nothing to do with Punk Rock; the head sounds vaguely Monkish but the solos go off in a different direction.
Changed song to "White Out" by the same artist because Justin Watson is Caucasian.

I’m having one of those bad break years. I’m second in points and number one in the power ranking, yet I’m 5-5 on the edge of the playoffs. Bad luck.

I’m having one of those bad break years. I’m second in points and number one in the power ranking, yet I’m 5-5 on the edge of the playoffs. Bad luck.

It's because you owe songs.

I lead Shining Path's league in total points by about forty (and that closed by fifty last game) and it's about a hundred to the next competitor, and I'm 5-5 and out of the playoffs in that league. It's because I'm not a communist, I think.

:ptts:

Users who are viewing this thread