What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza V -- Playoffs Over -- Eephus Is Now Two-Time Summerpalooza Champion (2 Viewers)

Hey guys, I'm in, but I can't organize and run the draft this year. I can do a slow draft, but I have new commitments and they prevent me from being able to go all-in as will be needed to move this along. Unless we start next week or something. I don't know. I'm sort of out of it this morning because...

Since this is the place we music heads might do this, my childhood friend and close teen friend died the other day. I found out from another friend this morning with a sort of apologetic "I don't want you to start your morning like this..." My friend was only fifty, ancient to a teenager, so young to me now. End-stage lung disease is the official diagnosis. I'm heartbroken. Take care that you stay in touch or reach out to people you think of often but have slipped through the cracks of your modern life. The last times I saw him were in the local convenience store around 2005. We always hit it off and wondered why we hadn't hung out more recently. I wish I'd stayed in touch with him. Now he's gone.

Peace, fellas.

On a more positive note, let's do this. I enjoy all your company and would hate to miss out on this if we can get it going.

Hey guys, I'm in, but I can't organize and run the draft this year. I can do a slow draft, but I have new commitments and they prevent me from being able to go all-in as will be needed to move this along. Unless we start next week or something. I don't know. I'm sort of out of it this morning because...

Since this is the place we music heads might do this, my childhood friend and close teen friend died the other day. I found out from another friend this morning with a sort of apologetic "I don't want you to start your morning like this..." My friend was only fifty, ancient to a teenager, so young to me now. End-stage lung disease is the official diagnosis. I'm heartbroken. Take care that you stay in touch or reach out to people you think of often but have slipped through the cracks of your modern life. The last times I saw him were in the local convenience store around 2005. We always hit it off and wondered why we hadn't hung out more recently. I wish I'd stayed in touch with him. Now he's gone.

Peace, fellas.

On a more positive note, let's do this. I enjoy all your company and would hate to miss out on this if we can get it going.
Sorry to hear.

As to returning to this league, I'll need to think it over a bit. Don't want to be the source of any drama - but it sort of depends who comes back from last year before I can decide.

I'm sorry about your friend, rock. :heart:

Sorry to hear about that Rock. I think I can jump back into commishing on yahoo and here, will just need some help during the day to keep things updated and moving which isn't usually a problem.

For whatever reason, this particular draft seems to move quickly and without any issues most years <<knock on wood>>

Peace, fellas.

Sorry to hear about your loss Rock. Sage advice on keeping in tough with loved ones though, I need to get better at it myself. I’ll pick up the phone today.

It's always been a slow draft. We can start anytime from next Monday to more towards the middle of August depending on what is best for everyone's schedules

It's always been a slow draft. We can start anytime from next Monday to more towards the middle of August depending on what is best for everyone's schedules
I’m back from vacation on Sunday night. Anytime after that is fine with me, though I will be covering a conference remotely Aug 25-28 and sporadically available on those dates.
I'll have similar reduced availability on those late August dates. Anyone else have a strong preference towards early or later August start?

I figure if we stick in this thread for a bit we can gauge who is/isn't returning then can fire up a new thread once we know where we're at.

Sorry Rock, that’s sad to hear. I’ll have to give my old best friend a call. We were basically inseparable from 5th grade through college. Even when he picked up a serious GF at the end of HS, I started dating her cousin. We were still really close until out early 30s when we just sort of drifted as adults do. Now I hardly ever even text him. So while I’m sad for your friend, I appreciate you sharing with us so maybe we can find something positive out of this loss.

Sorry Rock, that’s sad to hear. I’ll have to give my old best friend a call. We were basically inseparable from 5th grade through college. Even when he picked up a serious GF at the end of HS, I started dating her cousin. We were still really close until out early 30s when we just sort of drifted as adults do. Now I hardly ever even text him. So while I’m sad for your friend, I appreciate you sharing with us so maybe we can find something positive out of this loss.
I was thinking recently about how I haven’t been in touch since before the pandemic with my old friend who was best man at both my weddings, and with my cousin who is the same age as me. I need to get on that. Though my cousin works for NFL Films so I should probably wait until after the season in his case.

I am down but could also be convinced to step aside for fresh blood

Weird to think I used to be in 7-8 fantasy baseball leagues, fantasy football leagues, IDP dynasty etc, but now this one freebie feels like it might be a lot of work. Will I look at anything before we start??? History tells us no I will not.

Users who are viewing this thread