What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza VI: Return of the Rock Bands - And they say "He's in the Class A Team" (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
Summerpalooza VI is upon us. This is the sixth edition yearly music/fantasy football draft conducted here in the FFA:

GOOGLE DOC - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r20juzIx-gW51Sw8e9dJNp2x_vQ7lIgjqILPqGRQdnI/edit#gid=0

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST -

DRAFT ORDER

1 . 1 - Mrs. Rannous
1 . 2 - Long Ball Larry
1 . 3 - dkp993
1 . 4 - rockaction
1 . 5 - otb_lifer
1 . 6 - landrys hat
1 . 7 - plinko
1 . 8 - Truebluey
1 . 9 - Doug B
1 . 10 - Eephus
1 . 11 - Northern Voice
1 . 12 - facook
1 . 13 - ilov80s
1 . 14 - Pip's Invitation

Draft Rules

- Long, Slow Draft - tenatively looking at Tuesday August 8th as a start date (Monday is a holiday for me, I don't think it is in the US? - we can start then as well, I just may hold things up)
- Snake draft
- With every player you select, you must also select a song that relates in some way to that player - leaving this fairly unrestricted, as long as you can make the connection, it can be based on birth/college/NFL city, numbers, lyrics, whatever...

League Rules
- league hosted on Yahoo
- 14 team
- Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF
- 6 bench spots, 1 IR spot
- .5 PPR scoring, 4 pt passing TD, everything else fairly standard
- Top 6 teams make the playoffs, playoffs weeks 15, 16, 17

Last edited:
For now we have Dr. Octopus out but we also had a team of two last year (krista/neal), so we'll see if they're in/want their own teams plus who else is back before we open it up to newcomers. But feel free to post here if you want to join.

Definitely in.

Can't wait to lose to dkp993 by .04 points again. That was a chef's kiss on my season

😘🙂

My WR2/3 was Michael Gallup and Robert Woods. That might have been the worst team in the history of this, never mind the worst team that I've ever owned in any format.

Unfortunately, I won’t be in this year. I’m pulling back to 4 leagues, instead of the 9 that I entered last year. Thanks for the invite, and I will miss it, especially partnering with the best co-owner anyone could ask for.❤️

I know we've talked about it in the past but is there any interest in dumping kickers this year?

I know we've talked about it in the past but is there any interest in dumping kickers this year?
I would be for it and have suggested it in the past but I don't feel super strong about it and IIRC there are a few people in this league very strongly in favour of keeping them in, so my default would be to leave them in unless there's overwhelming support to kick them out.

I'm the one that used to stick up for kickers. You guys can do whatever you want with them. I don't care anymore one way or the other.

I loved the thread and the league but think I enjoyed watching football more when I took a break from FF. It's a close call, but I'm out, unless you end up at an odd number and need someone, in which case I will be in.

I would be interested if any slots open up
As a long time music thread guy, I think we can pretty easily offer you Krista's vacated spot LBL.

I assume/hope she will probably stick around this thread a fair bit even not taking part in the FF part...?

We're at 14 IN

with:
Dreaded Marco unspoken
Simey possibly out due to scheduling conflict
Krista out but might come back in with an uneven number.

I think we'll probably shoot for 16 again, hopefully some of the above remain/get back in to fill it and if not we have a few people over the years who have watched from the sidelines and expressed interest.

You can take my slot this year, Larry. I didn't say I was IN yet, because I have scheduling conflicts next week if the draft starts. I can jump back in next year.

We didn't until August 22 last year.

Is the season starting earlier this year?

Who was the idiot commissioner that started that draft so late? And what darn fool(s) was he waiting for?

In all seriousness, we made good time last year considering where we started. But I'd love to see simey IN. Not only would her charm and wit be a boon to the league, it would bring along krista4, who has PROMISED to even things out if we have an odd number.

I heard it. It was a promise.

Who was the idiot commissioner that started that draft so late? And what darn fool(s) was he waiting for?

In all seriousness, we made good time last year considering where we started. But I'd love to see simey IN. Not only would her charm and wit be a boon to the league, it would bring along krista4, who has PROMISED to even things out if we have an odd number.

I'm flexible on start date - there are a couple of us who have less access at a point towards the end of the month but I'm sure there's a happy medium (mine is just a week of holidays around someones 40th birthday that includes some time at a cottage and a weekend away in Toronto).

At the top of this page it says, "Long, Slow Draft - tenatively looking at Tuesday August 8th as a start date (Monday is a holiday for me, I don't think it is in the US? - we can start then as well, I just may hold things up)."

There are 14 teams IN now, and that is a good size. It is still challenging on the ww with 14, but not as rough as 16 teams fighting for scraps.

I'd just be opening up another can of whoopass on you, rock. I'm starting to think you like my annual spankings.

I'd just be opening up another can of whoopass on you, rock. I'm starting to think you like my annual spankings.
:eek:

At the top of this page it says, "Long, Slow Draft - tenatively looking at Tuesday August 8th as a start date (Monday is a holiday for me, I don't think it is in the US? - we can start then as well, I just may hold things up)."

There are 14 teams IN now, and that is a good size. It is still challenging on the ww with 14, but not as rough as 16 teams fighting for scraps.
tenatively :shrug:

I can get this rolling today or we can give it another week and see if we get to 16. What is best for the 14 who are in?

I can get this rolling today or we can give it another week and see if we get to 16. What is best for the 14 who are in?
Don't matter to me. I just followed the thread so I will get updates on new posts now so I should be able to follow along regularly.

i'm an ASAP kinda guy, it's the gambler's impatience, impulsivity ... the twitch to self-gratification and all.

tl;dr - kinda too important to wait around, don'tcha kno 😁

Users who are viewing this thread