What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you go RB-RB-RB? (1 Viewer)

TedyBruschi

Footballguy
12 team 0.5 PPR league.   6 points passing.   I am drafting 7th and am keeping D. Henry in the 3rd.   Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 QB, 1 K, 1 Def. 

Notable players already being kept:

CMC,  Barkley, Zeke, Jacobs, Maholmes, L. Jackson, Drake, Ekeler, Golladay, Godwin.

I'd like a RB in the first - and usually my mocks have either Mixon, Chubb, Sanders, avail.   Maybe CEH.  

2nd Round coming back may have:

RB:   Connor, DJ, Gordon, Fournette - - maybe Gurley.  

WR:  Allen Robinson, OBJ, Ridley,  - - maybe Evans/Cooper.  

3rd round I'm keeping Henry - and the WR's in the 4th would usually start with Parker, McLaurin, Woods, - in that range. 

Is this too weak at WR to consider?   Love the possibility of playing 3 starting RB's all getting 20ish carries a game.   Or is there a specific WR in the second you would DEFINITELY take if there?  

Thanks - WHIR.

If it's the players you are saying available actually available, I'm taking Sanders in the 1st (maybe CEH if you'd be able to keep him) and taking Robinson at WR in the 2nd. Conner is the only RB you list as likely available that I' possibly consider over Robinson, but that does require a leap of faith that Conner stays healthy and performs like he is capable of.

I see no reason to reach for an RB in the 2nd round when you already have an RB like Henry as a 3rd round keeper and are targeting RB in the 1st.

You need to complete a combined draft board and rank them together.  Don't get hung up on position and take the best player available.  For me, based on the players you listed, I would take them in this order:

1. Evans
  2. A-Rob
  3. Conner
  4. Fournette
  5. OBJ
  6. Cooper
  7. DJ
I wouldn't take Gordon, Gurley or Ridley in that spot.

You need to complete a combined draft board and rank them together.  Don't get hung up on position and take the best player available.  For me, based on the players you listed, I would take them in this order:

1. Evans
  2. A-Rob
  3. Conner
  4. Fournette
  5. OBJ
  6. Cooper
  7. DJ
I wouldn't take Gordon, Gurley or Ridley in that spot.
100% to the bolded - less focus on position, more focus on value

@Gally and I would just have the actual players ranked a little differently (i.e. I have ARob over Evans for example, but that is not really relevant to the discussion)

100% to the bolded - less focus on position, more focus on value

@Gally and I would just have the actual players ranked a little differently (i.e. I have ARob over Evans for example, but that is not really relevant to the discussion)
Excellent points by all - - - appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread