What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (2 Viewers)

Trump is down 7 points. His constant interruptions made the debate unwatchable. He did nothing tonight to help himself.

“Stand back and stand by” is going to be the line everyone remembers years from now. We’ve never seen anything like it in a debate.
Totally agree.   The entire debate was an embarrassment, particularly for the so-called President.  

Despite the embarrassment of tonight, it was even more painful to watch this knowing that we could have at least seen one competent candidate on stage if Democrats had nominated someone under the age of 100.

I like it.  I get to do something different and challenging every day,  assemble and lead large teams of people and navigate very complicated, difficult, stressful processes to create thousands and thousands of jobs and billions of dollars of economic activity at the same time.  It's rewarding.
Admittedly acting like a buffoon -- and oftentimes "worse" -- is rewarding how again?

As you can imagine, this didn’t change any minds. That’s not good for Trump.

Bo Erickson CBS @BoKnowsNews

New @CBSNews poll on who won debate:

48% Biden
41% Trump

9:57 PM · Sep 29, 2020
The results of a single, national poll from CBS don't really tell me anything new.

I will say I am concerned about Trump's inability to put together a phrase.  And it's a small thing.  

As far as condemning white supremacy?  He said sure each time Wallace asked if he would do it.  I think his intent is to say it. 

Then he goes to say it and says "proud boys stand down?"  

But it's such an easy political point to take away.  And he continues to fail to end that talk.  And that's...something.

Admittedly acting like a buffoon -- and oftentimes "worse" -- is rewarding how again?
By what I wrote.  If you can read that is.  Anyhow, conversation over.  Just trying to add some context.  Dude is what he is.  Lots of people in our industry are like that.  Lots of bluster, bravado, etc. etc.

AND.... most of us donate to and will vote for Biden and democrats in general. Policies are way, way, way better for us.

And this debate may have actually helped him. Some early things I read on Twitter (so maybe true?) said that groups of undecideds basically just came away disgusted with the entire process and mostly just less likely to vote in general. That’s probably a win for Trump.
Biden doesn’t need the undecided to come to his side, he needs to make sure the undecided voters don’t go to Trump and his current supporters vote and get counted. If they stay home and he keeps his current support, he wins easily.

Lots of people didn't like Hillary in 2016 - the strategy of attacking her personally and saying things like Lock Her Up worked because of that dislike.  I think people were ok with Trump's antics last time because they felt like Hillary deserved it.  I think people like Biden and think he's a decent guy.  What Trump attempted to do tonight just comes across as bullying - some here may like bullies and find their bullying to be glorious but most of us don't.

Lots of people didn't like Hillary in 2016 - the strategy of attacking her personally and saying things like Lock Her Up worked because of that dislike.  I think people were ok with Trump's antics last time because they felt like Hillary deserved it.  I think people like Biden and think he's a decent guy.  What Trump attempted to do tonight just comes across as bullying - some here may like bullies and find their bullying to be glorious but most of us don't.
I agree. Clinton would fire back and bully as well. So Trump didn't look as pushy with her. He needed to change his approach with Biden.

I am fearful of what will happen on election day and in the days after. These are uncharted waters. I never could have imagined a time in my life when there could be violence in the streets following a presidential election in this country. An American president, during a presidential debate, telling a segment of his supporters to go to the polls on election day and stand guard? Shameful.

Biden was given the chance to support/not-support BLM, smartly (or by accident) he dodged the question. Wallace loses control and doesnt come back to it.  That's a question I wanted to hear an answer to.   Wallace was horrible, visibly shaken at times. Where is that blonde mediator from Bombshell when you need her? 

The biggest problem for Trump is that Trump 2020 is a worse candidate than Trump 2016. 

It’s pretty clear he’s not trying to win any votes at this point. He’s just trying desperately to not lose any. 
In 2016, he was a big unknown and a lot of people that were on the fence really hoped that what you saw during the campaign wouldn't be what he actually became as a president.  We've all learned its actually worse which is why while there was a lot of undecided voters in 2016, there's a lot fewer in 2020.  

I am fearful of what will happen on election day and in the days after. These are uncharted waters. I never could have imagined a time in my life when there could be violence in the streets following a presidential election in this country. An American president, during a presidential debate, telling a segment of his supporters to go to the polls on election day and stand guard? Shameful.
Yep, same thing my daughter took from the debate.  Riots on election day.  Very disgusting.

There has been violence in our streets going on 6 months now. 

And this debate may have actually helped him. Some early things I read on Twitter (so maybe true?) said that groups of undecideds basically just came away disgusted with the entire process and mostly just less likely to vote in general. That’s probably a win for Trump.
Biden doesn’t need the undecided to come to his side, he needs to make sure the undecided voters don’t go to Trump and his current supporters vote and get counted. If they stay home and he keeps his current support, he wins easily.
:goodposting:

20% of voters were undecided in 2016.

10% of voters are undecided in 2020.

Trump can't afford to have that 10% stay home.

I'm more concerned that if Biden wins convincingly and SCOTUS overturns it.    

I loved it in 2016 when Trump punched back against Hillary's patronizing attitude of superiority. I didn't consider it to be bullying and I still don't.

But I think Trump needs an opponent who is more hated than he is. That's when he's at his best. And the fact of the matter is that people just don't hate Sleepy Joe.
this is disgusting. We need to learn how to discuss issues and come to reasonable solutions, not vote in the biggest bully/loudmouth

I agree with you I don’t want violence in the streetes continuing past the election. But I never thought we would see one administration spy on another administration and try everything to take another administration out of office, ruining many lives in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden claim he doesn’t support the green new deal but from his site.........,

Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected

Black Panthers standing guard and intimidating voters when Obama ran sure didn’t get any denunciation from Obama. In fact, I believe Holder refuses to prosecute them for obvious crimes 

This was where I was until I watched this #### show.  
I didn't catch the whole thing but I saw Trump tell right wing groups to "stand by" when asked to condemn them and urged his supporters to watch the polls (voter suppression).      What'd Biden do, stutter? 

On what grounds would they overturn it?  Trump can't just scream that it was rigged and they would overturn the results.
I think there's a handful of cases making their way through the courts that could affect rules that have been enacted recently to facilitate mail in voting during the pandemic.  Since a lot more democrats intend to vote by mail than republicans and if some of those rules are overturned disqualifying a lot of those mail in votes, who knows how much of an impact that could have on the final vote count.    

I didn't catch the whole thing but I saw Trump tell right wing groups to "stand by" when asked to condemn them and urged his supporters to watch the polls (voter suppression).      What'd Biden do, stutter? 
Biden didn’t want to lay his cards on the table. So by not answering several questions he answered the questions.

Biden claim he doesn’t support the green new deal but from his site.........,

Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected
Biden's climate plan is glorious - best ever.  Doesn't contain raking the forest floors but maybe he can work that in during his 2nd term.

Sore spot?
Nope. Biden supports law and a little bit of order, no police force has endorsed him. Seems to be a sore spot for Biden. He needs to work on that

Not a good look for old Joe, Trump dominated this one

I loved it in 2016 when Trump punched back against Hillary's patronizing attitude of superiority. I didn't consider it to be bullying and I still don't.

But I think Trump needs an opponent who is more hated than he is. That's when he's at his best. And the fact of the matter is that people just don't hate Sleepy Joe.
this is disgusting. We need to learn how to discuss issues and come to reasonable solutions, not vote in the biggest bully/loudmouth
What can I say? I love seeing libs get owned. :)

Relax, though. I'm voting for Sleepy Joe this time around. The circus was fun for 3 years but I ate too much cotton candy and now I'm sick to my stomach.

Nope. Biden supports law and a little bit of order, no police force has endorsed him. Seems to be a sore spot for Biden. He needs to work on that

Not a good look for old Joe, Trump dominated this one
So you don't care what General Mattis thinks?

Said he was for law and a little bit of order.  One minute he was promoting the green new deal, the next opposing it. Had zero answers to whether he would pack the court, and zero answers to any law enforcement endorsements. He had no deffence for his son taking bribes other than to say he did not get paid millions by Burisma.  

Thats not counting the stumbling on just about every number he tried to quote. Mixed up Medicare and Medicaid. Was asked about masks and responded with an answer about the economy. Tried to explain how ballots worked and got lost half way through the process. Got lost so often he just looked in the camera and  told people to just vote. 

ETA: And he hates vaccines because Trump is a liar. 

Users who are viewing this thread