What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (4 Viewers)

The Nielsen ratings are in....last night's debate was the least-watched among the 5 presidential debates involving Donald Trump, placing it 17th among all presidential debates since 1976.

The Nielsen ratings are in....last night's debate was the least-watched among the 5 presidential debates involving Donald Trump, placing it 17th among all presidential debates since 1976.
kinda had that feeling.  Couldn’t find many today that saw it.  Minds were and are made up.

No, I had never heard of that, but it's cool to hear that he's trying to help those kids out, because a stutter can be really embarrassing for a kid. There's no reason someone should be made fun of for a speech impediment.
Helps a whole foundation

I just assumed those who bag on him all the time (not you GB) were doing so in poor taste and conflating his "mental capabilities" with his affliction.  You know, consider the source, and all that stuff, but maybe they don't know either.  I never engaged that nonsense for obvious reasons, but a good bit of what you see in him pausing and stumbling is something he's battled his entire life and not a sign of "mental decline" like people want it to be.  

ETA:  Link to one of many stories you can find on his reaching out to kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helps a whole foundation

I just assumed those who bag on him all the time (not you GB) were doing so in poor taste and conflating his "mental capabilities" with his affliction.  You know, consider the source, and all that stuff, but maybe they don't know either.  I never engaged that nonsense for obvious reasons, but a good bit of what you see in him pausing and stumbling is something he's battled his entire life and not a sign of "mental decline" like people want it to be.  

ETA:  Link to one of many stories you can find on his reaching out to kids.
That's cool stuff. I sometimes trip over my words as well, but mine is a result of my ADHD trying to either say 2 or 3 things at once, or outright forgetting the word I want to use.

One of the complaints I had read about after the debate was that Biden wouldn't rule out more shut downs.  

Seriously...the complaint was that if he was President, Joe Biden would not weigh all options and listen to medical professionals on the need for further shut downs.

Not that he would shut down the whole country (we never did that...the states do that individually)...but that the mean would take all options into consideration.  And that is being painted as a bad thing...that is how bad things are.  A candidate would would listen to advisors and consider all options is considered bad.

One of the complaints I had read about after the debate was that Biden wouldn't rule out more shut downs.  

Seriously...the complaint was that if he was President, Joe Biden would not weigh all options and listen to medical professionals on the need for further shut downs.

Not that he would shut down the whole country (we never did that...the states do that individually)...but that the mean would take all options into consideration.  And that is being painted as a bad thing...that is how bad things are.  A candidate would would listen to advisors and consider all options is considered bad.
Not only will Biden be prepared to respond to the worsening Covid crisis ...but he also desires for everyone to have access to affordable healthcare.  Is there no end to this man's madness?!?  And don't get me started on his passion to save the planet when the galaxy is filled with tons of others to pick from.

Not only will Biden be prepared to respond to the worsening Covid crisis ...but he also desires for everyone to have access to affordable healthcare.  Is there no end to this man's madness?!?  And don't get me started on his passion to save the planet when the galaxy is filled with tons of others to pick from.
I did see that two of Trump’s priorities for a second term are establishing a moon base and having a manned trip to Mars so maybe that’s the environmental plan...move to the moon!

Good questions.  It is my belief that Trump will win reelection and we will see the worst rioting in America we have ever seen.  I am very worried about the safety and destruction of our cities.
This is one of my fears as well - rioting emboldened by lack of consequences for rioting will only make it worse.  I don't blame this all on the left because I do believe there are agitators stirring things up from the right as well.  First amendment rights should not allow for violent riots and destruction of others property and livelihoods.  However there is a fundamental right to protest - so I hope protestors are heard and rioters are punished harshly.

Cool.  Do Foxconn next.
Good call GM.  I live a mile from this facility.  This deal made farmers and real estate agents rich.  The spending and construction is ongoing as if there are no changes.  Roads are closed to convert from 2 lane to 6-8 lanes highways.  Additionally, water and sewage pipes are being installed to pull and return millions of gallons of water from the lake every day.  If this is going to be converted to a storage facility there is no need for this type of infrastructure.  Now Foxconn is disputing the non-payment and is insistent on a payment.  This deal is such a s...show it is unbelievable.  My fear is the area is going to be strapped with the debt for the spending to date and nothing to show for it coming in.

"Universally considered" is a strange choice of phrase here.

Joe Biden was diagnosed with a stuttering disorder when he was a child. He overcame it through various therapies, but it still occasionally pops up in his speech, as it does with almost every former stutterer.

Biden regularly keeps in touch with several kids who have also been diagnosed with a stutter, giving them tips and encouragement. One of those kids gave a courageous and moving speech on Joe's behalf at the 2020 Democratic convention.
Cool gesture from Falcons owner Arthur Blank - this from Peter King's FMIA:

I am late to this, but I did want to recognize Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank for granting $20 million to the University of Texas to found the Arthur M. Blank Center for Stuttering Education and Research. The center will study the nature and treatment of stuttering, the best treatments for stutterers, and work to bind clinicians and researchers so such treatment can be shared worldwide. Joe Biden has spoken of his experience with stuttering; it still afflicts him at times. Blank stuttered as a boy. I stuttered as a boy, badly. What a limiting affliction it is, and how often I was ridiculed as a kid growing up in Connecticut because of it. And not just by other kids. In fifth grade, we used to have to read aloud in the class once a week. The thought of having to do it terrorized me, and of course the more I thought about it, the worse my stuttering got. So one day, my teacher, a big man with a booming voice, tolerated by hems and haws and stops and starts, and my “B-b-b-b-b-but” or whatever word I couldn’t get through that day. “SPIT IT OUT, KING!” he said, way too loud. (That really helped.) So I appreciate the acknowledgement of Blank and the authorities at Texas, most notably Dr. Courtney Byrd, for the important grant and the work they will do. “My mother was determined to hear everything I said, no matter how long it took for me to say it, and I was fortunate,” Blank said. “I hope we’ll be able to better understand the roots of stuttering so we can help people overcome it.” We sometimes gloss over billionaires giving away millions. In this case, something debilitating for so many will be affected, and I’m grateful to Blank for doing it.
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread