What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 👨🏻‍🦳👩🏾 ​ 2020 Vice Presidential Debate - October 7 - 9:00PM ET (1 Viewer)

Haven't seen any tweets from Kamala complaining about treatment.  Funny thing is that the majority (not all) she abided by the rules and once the moderator reminded her time was up she stopped talking.  A majority of the time when Pence was reminded his time was up he just kept talking.  Law and Order group is all for following the rules, right....
I didn't say who was doing the complaining. 

I didn't count them myself to see who was worse, but no she didn't stop talking.  Read the transcript.

Trump stalking Hillary on the stage certainly worked...for Trump and his base apparently.
I often point to that as the turning point of that election.  Coming off kitty cat gate he won that third and final debate.  That single act alone may have put him over the top.  It was masterful. 

I think they both ran over, but Pence was way worse IMO.
IIRC, Pence kept running over his allotted time (by a lot), so Harris was allocated more time to answer her questions to keep the total time even. A couple of times her answers went over by a few seconds. Pence also was then given less time to respond to make up for consistently running long on his answers (or interrupting). I believe the total time each was allowed to speak was within 3 seconds of each other.

IIRC, Pence kept running over his allotted time (by a lot), so Harris was allocated more time to answer her questions to keep the total time even. A couple of times her answers went over by a few seconds. Pence also was then given less time to respond to make up for consistently running long on his answers (or interrupting). I believe the total time each was allowed to speak was within 3 seconds of each other.
38 minutes for Pence, 35 minutes for Harris.

Yes that is right, they had Clinton up by just 2 points which statically when it comes to polls would be considered a tossup. But most other polls the last week only had Clinton up around 4 points just days before the election. Biden "currently" has a larger lead.
Let's compare apples to apples?  538 had Clinton at 5.6 points on Oct 8th, 2016.  Currently they have it 8.0 points for Biden. Chance of winning in 2016, 82% to 18%.  Now in 2020, 85% to 15%.

I didn't say who was doing the complaining. 

I didn't count them myself to see who was worse, but no she didn't stop talking.  Read the transcript.

I often point to that as the turning point of that election.  Coming off kitty cat gate he won that third and final debate.  That single act alone may have put him over the top.  It was masterful. 
Pretty sure that behavior was more soundly admonished by women than this recent mansplaining.  

Pence really hit home when said, "You did nothing on criminal justice reform in California. You didn’t lift a finger to pass the first step back on Capitol Hill. I mean, the reality is your record speaks for itself."

Hate?  Just pointing out she's made a career of putting people in jail and is now going to run on releasing people?   Her record speaks louder than her fake promises
Kamala's positions have evolved, much like Lincoln was once in favor of sending emancipated slaves back to Africa, and Obama was not in favor of same-sex marriage. And she did introduced some important reforms. Almost no progressive believes the Trump administration would be better for criminal justice reform, which is ironic given that the First Step Act is his biggest legislative accomplishment. 

Anarchy99 said:
I saw it listed as a difference of 3 seconds based on CNN timing . . .

Pence - 36:27
Harris - 36:24

LINK
Which was interesting as Pence came off as the one constantly interrupting and rudely going over the allotted time running roughshod over the moderator.

They ended up getting a fair amount of time but people come away with Pence hogged the time given his style.  I think the moderator must have balanced it but my wife who voted third party in 2016 found Pence to be extremely condescending to the two women.

Not a good look.

tonydead said:
lazyike said:
Yes that is right, they had Clinton up by just 2 points which statically when it comes to polls would be considered a tossup. But most other polls the last week only had Clinton up around 4 points just days before the election. Biden "currently" has a larger lead.
Let's compare apples to apples?  538 had Clinton at 5.6 points on Oct 8th, 2016.  Currently they have it 8.0 points for Biden. Chance of winning in 2016, 82% to 18%.  Now in 2020, 85% to 15%.
You're not exactly contradicting @lazyike here.

On 10/8/2016, Clinton had a lead in national polls of 5.6 points, with Gary Johnson at 6.7%. On Election Day, Trump had reduced the lead to 3.6 points -- which was right around the margin of error for most polls. Meanwhile, Gary Johnson was still at 5%.

In the final tally, Hillary won the popular vote with a 2.1% margin, with Johnson getting 3.3% of the vote.

In other words, Trump's "formula" for victory involves an October deficit of ~6 points, with ~8% of voters either undecided or going for a 3rd party.

Now look at 2020. Biden is at +8.0, but Jorgensen isn't close to getting 5% (she's not even being tracked by 538, but other trackers have her at around 2%).

So, if you were to project a similar "comeback" for Trump in 2020, he'll fall way short of what happened in 2016. Basically, he's looking at a national poll deficit of -4.5 points on election day, and that's assuming that Bill Barr is able to duplicate what Comey did in 2016. And I'm not aware of any respected political analysts who think that a candidate has a feasible chance at an Electoral victory when A) they trail by 4.5 points in the national polls, and B) there's a reduced support for 3rd party candidates.

Anyway, the point is: if you really want to make an "apples to apples" comparison, then you need to include other "apples" in the equation.

Trump camp suggests moving in person debate from 10/15 to 10/29, making the 10/22 debate the second debate. Biden camp says he will make himself available on 10/15 and 10/22 as agreed upon. As of now, Trump says he won't do a virtual debate on 10/15 while Biden says he won't do anything at all on 10/29 and that he would be happy to debate the president again on 10/22 if he decides he would like to participate.

cap'n grunge said:
With all due respect, if you think this ticket is far left you really haven't been paying much attention to the state of politics in the country.
They are the party of riots.Doesn't get much farther left in the current american climate

massraider said:
"Pence really hit home when he said_______"

Said no one.  
No, I thought he hit home with fracking, packing, and the various anecdotes.  I don't know why Kamala couldn't articulate with fracking that the focus is on renewable energies, which over time might impact fracking, "but we have to see how technologies continue to develop" or some such caveat.  Ballsy move by Pence to hit Harris with the packing question, I thought.  And it's hard to argue back against anecdotes without seeming to be defensive.

That said, his complete avoidance of 3 or 4 questions was telling, and his run-on responses were irritating.  Also, too many times his default defense was along the lines of "Donald Trump cares for each and every American citizen," which is of course laughable. 

I feel he held his own quite well - better than I expected - but he didn't come out of it with a net gain of positives over negatives, and that ticket badly needs something big to change the course of this election.  I don't expect they'll get it, as Trump surprisingly keeps finding new ways to make things worse. 

SoBeDad said:
If composure is a plus in a debate, you have to mention Trump's disinhibited performance in the first debate. The VP debate will be most remembered for the fly.
Democrats thinking they won because of a fly.  Pence won hands down.

Ramblin Wreck said:
The irrational interruption stuff (everyone interrupts in every single debate) and fly talk just proves Kamala has absolutely nothing on the issues.   Literally :lmao: at her saying she's going to get people out of jail.  She's spent half her life putting people in jail in California.
You forgot to mention black people in jail which her records show if you're black you were 3x more likely to go-to jail than other races.

Talk to some women or POC who watched the debate and then reassess. Or go to 538 and see that Harris likely improved her favorability rating. The 2 may be connected. I'd call it tie, which is a win for the Biden team.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/harris-pence-vp-debate-poll/
All I work with is women and they hated Harris Demeanor.  How bout stop watching the media which like Harris and Biden constantly lie, to the American people.  

All I work with is women and they hated Harris Demeanor.  How bout stop watching the media which like Harris and Biden constantly lie, to the American people.  
And what did they think about Trump's demeanor and uninhibited behavior during the debate?

That's not being good.  There are a ton of awful names that are associated with each party.  We should try to keep it above board.
Seriously? Nothing wrong with that take. You may disagree but it’s a pretty tame statement as far as statements go. 

Did you correct the very next one below yours -  the party of pathetic behavior? 

didn’t think so. 

And the Republicans are the party of right wing militias who attempt to kidnap Governors. 

Neither are party sponsored or approved.
What about the antifa guys reaching across the aisle for this?

Kamala has pushed for civil unrest, and biden's a puppet at this point, I doubt a vital joe biden would support it but we are now subject to the beliefs of his handlers

Users who are viewing this thread