What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (6 Viewers)

Wow. That speech was amazing. I'm not sure it would be amazing by historical President-elect standards, but considering what we've witnessed over the past 4 years.... It was just so positive, so refreshing, and for the first time in what feels like eons, especially given our circumstances and dealing with a global pandemic, I actually feel the feeling of hope. 

Biden walking around everyone WITHOUT a mask. Either he's a complete idiot or Covid is a joke. Which is it. What a moron.

Great speech by Joe.....and in honor of it...let me be the first to say to all the guys on here who voted for Trump...

I forgive you*.............. LET'S GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Disclaimer JustKiddingTheresNoReasonForMeToForgiveYouYouHadYourReasonsAndIRespectThat

Ditto to a lot of what’s above. It’s so easy to forget what competence and empathy sound like. And isn’t it nice hearing “Native Americans” rather than “Pocahontas”? And to hear thanks, and appreciation. Not to mention no vilifying half of America. That was a nice first step back to what we were. 

President-elect Biden calling for a more civil & united political atmosphere. Let's hope that plays out. First thing he needs to do is call Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi in his office  and tell them that. And then ask for the resignation for all the career politicians like Pelosi, Reid, McConnell and Graham. That would be a good first step.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Ditto to a lot of what’s above. It’s so easy to forget what competence and empathy sound like. And isn’t it nice hearing “Native Americans” rather than “Pocahontas”? And to hear thanks, and appreciation. Not to mention no vilifying half of America. That was a nice first step back to what we were. 
What we are. 

This is a nation of great people. When we come together we can overcome lots of things. That is what has been so devastating about having such a divisive leader over the past 4 years. I know Trump is a symptom and not a cause, but the pandemic should have been the perfect opportunity for all of us to come together as a nation to fight for a common cause and our president almost forced the opposite by politicizing science. 

For the first time in a long time, I think we are going to be OK. 

The calls for obstructionism ending come from the media right with a Democratic electoral victory in the Oval Office and the Republicans likely retaining the Senate.

Figures. Where has that been for four years?

What we are. 

This is a nation of great people. When we come together we can overcome lots of things. That is what has been so devastating about having such a divisive leader over the past 4 years. I know Trump is a symptom and not a cause, but the pandemic should have been the perfect opportunity for all of us to come together as a nation to fight for a common cause and our president almost forced the opposite by politicizing science. 

For the first time in a long time, I think we are going to be OK. 
Well said. I feel lighter, too. 

President-elect Biden calling for a more civil & united political atmosphere. Let's hope that plays out. First thing he needs to do is call Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi in his office  and tell them that. And then ask for the resignation for all the career politicians like Pelosi, Reid, McConnell and Graham. That would be a good first step.
While I admire that plan, they were duly elected as well, and to just ask that of them probably isn't the best idea. I'd love to see term limits for people in Congress and make it retroactive somehow, but the first step should be to open a dialogue, maybe invite some from either party to be in the cabinet, for a change of pace.

Dude, he's a career politician and so is Harris. That's not happening. 

I'm hardly as sanguine as everybody on this board. We still pretty much suck as as country. We saw that for four years. Doesn't change in one night because a guy has a D next to his name in the Oval Office.

The D next to the name doesn't matter, but the person leading does.  Set the tone, challenge others to put the people first. 
The person leading squeaked out a win by the narrowest. He's a leader of nothing. He's just not the crooked fraud we had before. But he's a liar through and through and is a career pol. Nothing about that screams "different" or "reform."

The smiling heads in the media are galling. It's like they helped their neighbor over the finish line and are all begging for us to relish in their good deed.

They ought realize that half of the country won't even believe them about basic scientific fact anymore.

That's how far they've fallen in many people's estimation.

Put the victory lap away, guys and gals of the media. Nobody likes you. 

I'm hardly as sanguine as everybody on this board. We still pretty much suck as as country. We saw that for four years. Doesn't change in one night because a guy has a D next to his name in the Oval Office.
Would you prefer circling the drain for four more years? Pretending Covid will disappear by Easter? Insulting anyone and everyone on friggin Twitter? Day one of many. Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The smiling heads in the media are galling. It's like they helped their neighbor over the finish line and are all begging for us to relish in their good deed.

They ought realize that half of the country won't even believe them about basic scientific fact anymore.

That's how far they've fallen in many people's estimation.

Put the victory lap away, guys and gals of the media. Nobody likes you. 
I like CNN

Loved the speech. Humility, empathy, and a message of unity.  I don’t know if the unity will actually happen, but just having a President who does not view intentionally creating and sowing divisions as a governing strategy, and genuinely seems to care about others, is a refreshing change.

The person leading squeaked out a win by the narrowest. He's a leader of nothing. He's just not the crooked fraud we had before. But he's a liar through and through and is a career pol. Nothing about that screams "different" or "reform."
How is Joe a liar through and through?

Plenty of Rs taking the chair in the Oval would've changed our country's path for the better as well. 
'Tis true, but that's not what the media was so up in arms about.

Watch the coverage of COVID, homelessness, and the debt/deficit. Watch how they magically disappear in tone and tenor.

By continuing to put forth the lie that a drunk driver killed his wife even after the man had been exonerated by both authorities and by anecdotal story. Liar. It was discussed here many times by progressives when he was up against Sanders. 

By continuing to put forth the lie that a drunk driver killed his wife even after the man had been exonerated by both authorities and by anecdotal story. Liar. It was discussed here many times by progressives when he was up against Sanders. 
I admit to not investigating that story very closely. In his grief is it possible that he genuinely believes the driver was drunk even if it was investigated later and no proof found? I probably shouldn't be speaking about something I know so little about.

Watch the coverage of COVID, homelessness, and the debt/deficit. Watch how they magically disappear in tone and tenor.
I didn’t get to watch much news today, but when I did I saw covid mentioned at least 5 times. You’re absolutely wrong on that. 

I hate to play the "bof sides" game, but after being pummeled with a relentless barrage of narcissistical lies for the past 4 years, I'm not about to feel the slightest hint of indignation over what anyone said about the circumstances of their child's death.

I hate to play the "bof sides" game, but after being pummeled with a relentless barrage of narcissistical lies for the past 4 years, I'm not about to feel the slightest hint of indignation over what anyone said about the circumstances of their child's death.
Wife and daughter, correct?

a) Maaaaybe because the tone and tenor of the new leadership will differ mightily than what occurred with Donald Trump.

b) I suspect Fox News will be happy to lead the way with a critical view of the Biden/Harris team.

You're great at a party rock, really great.
I make the room shake with anticipatory joy, I hear.

No, I'm serious. The narrative of national "healing" is ridiculous. One, half of the nation doesn't feel like they have to heal. Two, that's a top-down narrative proffered by elites who are the ones that really needed time to stop being hurt by that mean orange man.

I happen to think the mean orange man was a crook, fraud, and awful beyond almost repair, but the election of Joe Biden? Not going to move the needle for a lot of people, inlcuding about 47 or so percent of the country duped by the orange man all over again. 

I make the room shake with anticipatory joy, I hear.

No, I'm serious. The narrative of national "healing" is ridiculous. One, half of the nation doesn't feel like they have to heal. Two, that's a top-down narrative proffered by elites who are the ones that really needed time to stop being hurt by that mean orange man.

I happen to think the mean orange man was a crook, fraud, and awful beyond almost repair, but the election of Joe Biden? Not going to move the needle for a lot of people, inlcuding about 47 or so percent of the country duped by the orange man all over again. 
So, uh, how to do at get to a place where people can trust the federal government during a pandemic?

This divisiveness is corrosive. Sounds like you enjoy that corrosion. 

So, uh, how to do at get to a place where people can trust the federal government during a pandemic?

This divisiveness is corrosive. Sounds like you enjoy that corrosion. 
Yeah, pal, I need the lecture. I need you to go to my motive. That'll do it. Ya figured me out.

My 2 girls were crushed in 2016 not seeing history made. Kinda of thought Kamala might of done better than Hillary would've, but either way cool to share that moment with them. 

Cowboys fans: Nooooooooo now an Eagles fan has access to nuclear codes

Eagles fan: haha nuclear bomb go boom 

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread