What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

Also, I've heard from a few different sources (CNN is the one off the top of my head) that, even in "red" counties or highly contested counties, the mail-in ballots are still breaking heavily for Biden (the example CNN gave was in Erie county, which was Trump overall but mail-in ballots were going ~75% Biden).
IIRC, Erie was a traditionally D county that flipped for Trump in 2016.

Wow, Georgia down to 9K difference.

By my count, about 38K votes remaining. That was a HUGE Biden dump. Huge. 

Last edited by a moderator:
per https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx, and https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/#

these are the 5 counties with highest remaining mail ballots and how they have voted so far (% Biden votes):

1. Philadelphia: 92,128 - 80.35%
  2. Allegheny 35,976 - 58.96%
  3. Lehigh 34, 527 - 49.18%
  4. Cumberland 31, 970 - 36.93%
  5. Bucks 25,472 - 50.63%
If we assume the ratio of votes follows the votes that have already been cast for that particular county, Biden only picks up 53k votes.

This aint over.
How they voted so far is a poor indicator of how the uncounted votes will trend. If the vote so far is made up of all the in person voting and very little mail in voting, how they voted "so far" is going to reflect that, and we know in person voting favored Trump. 

1/1/1900 is the standard date of birth used when a voter enters an unreadable date of birth. When this happens, the computer registers the date  as '1/1/1900'. These votes were—and still are—legitimate.
Fun fact, for some that might not know: Excel's date logic is based, simply, on underlying math.  1/1/1900 is day 1.  1/2/1900 is day 2.  Today is day 44,140.  Etc., etc.  This helps, for example, in being able to subtract one date from another in Excel to learn how many days until the next election, or how many days until your spouse's birthday.

.... Tons of people walk around wearing hats or shirts with an American flag on it but rarely do you see someone rocking attire of their state with pride.
For most of my time here I was living in Maryland and starting about a decade ago you started seeing Maryland flag on all kinds of apparel just about everywhere.  Especially the flag squeezed into a crab.   Then I moved to Texas.   I respectfully disagree with this sentence.

WXYZ Detroit

@wxyzdetroit

FACT CHECK: A video claiming to show voter fraud and a wagon being loaded outside of the TCF Center in Detroit is actually video of a WXYZ photographer loading his camera and other gear into a wagon for work

I am unnecessarily annoyed every time I see that they still won't call Alaska for Trump.   California/Oregon/Washington were called like 20 seconds after the polls closed.

I am unnecessarily annoyed every time I see that they still won't call Alaska for Trump.   California/Oregon/Washington were called like 20 seconds after the polls closed.
I can’t figure that one either. Doesn’t mean much, which is the weird thing.

CNN actually gave California to Biden before polls closed. They had a clock counting down to the when the next polls close and Wolf announced California with a few seconds still counting down on the huge clock behind him.

For most of my time here I was living in Maryland and starting about a decade ago you started seeing Maryland flag on all kinds of apparel just about everywhere.  Especially the flag squeezed into a crab.   Then I moved to Texas.   I respectfully disagree with this sentence.
Florida's flag has made its way onto various apparel as well.

A GA update on 538 two minutes ago (5:15 pm EST) has Biden down just 9,500 votes with 2% remaining ...not sure of the rounding on that 2%.

Also in GA: Perdue is down to 49.9%.  As he trends below 50%, that would mean two runoffs in GA.   :loco:   As to an earlier question, who knows if Dems will turn out again in force or not.  It'll be quite the battle!!!

Of course this should happen but it won’t because small states have a lock that would prevent a constitutional amendment.  Which is why we need to start our liberal relocation project.  Move a few liberals from California to Wyoming and we can take those seats.  
I know some people considering moving from California to Wyoming for political reasons. In their case, the effect will be opposite the one you're hoping for.

I think it's fine. But even if it weren't fine, so what? There's nothing we can do about it short of a revolution. The Constitution says states get equal representation in the Senate, and any amendment to that provision must be adopted by the states unanimously as opposed to the 3/4 normally required.
We could do it at a new Constitutional Convention.  Or maybe once my liberal migration plan flips a few small states blue there will be some sort of compromise agreed upon.

Florida's flag has made its way onto various apparel as well.
I own a shirt and a hat with the California bear on them, although on the hat it is riding a surfboard.  I have no Washington state gear, because our flag is stupid.

I agree I’ve started noticing more “state pride” type stuff on merch here in NE (aside from the Cape Cod type stuff that was always popular or sports stuff). It’s weird bc it definitely used to be considered tacky and for tourists only. 

A GA update on 538 two minutes ago (5:15 pm EST) has Biden down just 9,500 votes with 2% remaining ...not sure of the rounding on that 2%.
The guy doing the Google spreadsheet (twitter.com/mattschaar) is showing just 38,883 ballots remaining for GA, which would be less than 1%. Biden would need to win 63.02% of them (he's been averaging 74% in the last few updates).

Totally normal day when the former top advisor to the President suggests he would have Fauci and the FBI Director beheaded today as a warning. 

I have no Washington state gear, because our flag is stupid.
It really is!  It's like the same people who design generic sodapop logos designed the State of Washington flag.  

Fun fact (while we wait):  Oregon's state flag is the only one that has a different design on both sides.  One has the covered wagon like the one used in the game Oregon Trail where you died of bilious diahrehah (sp?) and the other side is a beaver (the mammal).  :bowtie:

Some Dave Wasserman (Cook Report) tweets from the PA press conference:

Don't forget that many Biden voters, esp. African-American voters in Philadelphia/Delaware counties, requested mail ballots but changed their mind amid USPS news and cast a provisional ballot in person. These ballots are likely to have a big impact on the eventual margin. 4:29PM

There you have it: PA SOS Boockvar says "very few" provisional ballots have been counted so far and she doesn't have a firm count and won't speculate. There was always likely to be an unusually large number of these ballots b/c of 2020's circumstances. 4:32PM

It really is!  It's like the same people who design generic sodapop logos designed the State of Washington flag.  

Fun fact (while we wait):  Oregon's state flag is the only one that has a different design on both sides.  One has the covered wagon like the one used in the game Oregon Trail where you died of bilious diahrehah (sp?) and the other side is a beaver (the mammal).  :bowtie:
That's some out of the box thinking.  Instead of having one side be backward, they used all of the canvas.  They should step up to having a bunch of alternate flags like the Ducks unis.

Users who are viewing this thread