What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Georgia: the Battle for the Senate (2 Viewers)

The issue is the counties in Atlanta still have lots left.  That vote dump came from North GA.  It actually shifted the odds even more to the D's because the raw margin wasn't as high as the targets.
Yeah, like I said, I'm not predicting anything.   I dont' get into nitty gritty like you're doing.  I'm just looking at what they're showing.  Earlier in the the thread the Dems were up damn near 10 percentage points of the GOP.

Ran into him maybe 10 years ago in Vegas and my friend played in a poker tournament with him. He still looks jacked up on steroids and was acting and playing like an idiot. My friend knocked him out of the tournament and as he was walking away talked smack at him. And that is how my friend was almost murdered by Jose Canseco. Luckily security was nearby but he didn’t go without a fight.
Does this friend who knocked him out of the tournament have the initials “J.B.” by chance? 👀

Cherokee is at 96%.  That's not good for the R's.  There's still a number of large D counties under 50%.

If R's are going to win...they're going to need big turnout in all the small counties...and that's not taking into account that part of an increased turnout would probably be D's.  

Eric Trump looks like he's been crying.  That's probably normal for a Tues. night......but that might also be a sign that his dad's Party isn't doing well in GA. 

Randy Newman has a great song called “Wedding in Cherokee County.” But until tonight I had no idea where Cherokee County was. 

Meh - I don't think the outcome tonight - no matter how it ends, really changes the trajectory for the next two years.

About the only tangible thing to come from this will be new stimulus checks.

Otherwise - Dems won't repeal the filibuster rules (they won't have the votes) - and most legislation will still require 60 votes in the Senate - which ensures incremental moves, not monumental shifts.  McConnell won't be able to stonewall and Shumer can bring things up for votes if the Dems win tonight - but otherwise, it will take compromise to get things done - and I think we all win when we get things done in that manner.
I think you're underestimating how much this matters.

I use friend loosely, he was part of the group I was with that weekend and I don’t even remember his name.
Gotcha. What you described happened to JB around the same time, I was part of a group who routinely went for March Madness. If it was Excalibur, probably the same guy.

Trump ruins everything for everyone he gets anywhere near, but him single-handedly burning the Senate majority to the ground out of spite is like the end of a too-crazy-to-happen-in-real-life movie where you cheer out loud at the end.  Can't really believe it's happening to be honest.

I think you're underestimating how much this matters.
Maybe.  Probably.  But not drastically.

(I am pricing in a Dem win here - and I don't think the Dems will get any sweeping legislation passed, at least not any that would really roil R's.  Grant it, if this is a split decision, or R sweep, then we are in a slightly worse situation because the Senate won't get anything done - but even in that scenario, I think Murkowski, Collins and Manchin force some activity that will be similar to a 50-50 split.)

Maybe.  Probably.  But not drastically.

(I am pricing in a Dem win here - and I don't think the Dems will get any sweeping legislation passed, at least not any that would really roil R's.  Grant it, if this is a split decision, or R sweep, then we are in a slightly worse situation because the Senate won't get anything done - but even in that scenario, I think Murkowski, Collins and Manchin force some activity that will be similar to a 50-50 split.)
The key is putting up bills for a vote. And chairmanships. It’s huge 

Nice, I’m in my living room hacking Dominion machines before I head out and burn buildings with my Antifa friends.
I actually was able to change the inside of a few machines before heading out. The inside parts. No one knew you could do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit I do want to know why the counties in metro Atlanta start faster with the counts, then totally stops reporting for awhile, then always are the last to complete.  You'd think it would be a steady flow, but it never is.  Not sure what the differences are that cause the data flow to be that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread