Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

gianmarco

Covid vaccine  

449 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, the moops said:

My sister in law worked in a group home as a therapist for folks with schizophrenia and other assorted mental illnesses. 3 weeks ago, she called and said that the entire staff and patients were getting the shot and there is a chance that they may have extra. Sure enough, we got a call where she said we needed to get down there ASAP for a few patients had refused the vaccine and there were a couple extra. My wife and I got the 3rd and 2nd to last doses they had. Have 2nd shot scheduled for Thursday.

However, my wife found her sister dead in her apartment last week. Apparent overdose (intentional or not unknown at this time - she struggled mightily for many years with mental health and addiction. She was 37 years old and she had only been sober for a few months at a time for the entire time I knew her).

Now, we need to call her work to make sure we are still on the schedule to get our 2nd shot Thursday. It is a secure facility and we need someone to let us in and all that jazz. ####### awkward.

Damn, I was about to give this post a like and then the plot took a turn.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zow said:

Which county? 

Maricopa. Very happy with how they’ve ran things for the most part but they gave our stores 10,000 doses to give within a week. Hopefully it’s just communication error and not food workers not interested in getting vaccinated. We did pretty well in our store with the employees.

1 hour ago, the moops said:

My sister in law worked in a group home as a therapist for folks with schizophrenia and other assorted mental illnesses. 3 weeks ago, she called and said that the entire staff and patients were getting the shot and there is a chance that they may have extra. Sure enough, we got a call where she said we needed to get down there ASAP for a few patients had refused the vaccine and there were a couple extra. My wife and I got the 3rd and 2nd to last doses they had. Have 2nd shot scheduled for Thursday.

However, my wife found her sister dead in her apartment last week. Apparent overdose (intentional or not unknown at this time - she struggled mightily for many years with mental health and addiction. She was 37 years old and she had only been sober for a few months at a time for the entire time I knew her).

Now, we need to call her work to make sure we are still on the schedule to get our 2nd shot Thursday. It is a secure facility and we need someone to let us in and all that jazz. ####### awkward.

woah.  Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Maricopa. Very happy with how they’ve ran things for the most part but they gave our stores 10,000 doses to give within a week. Hopefully it’s just communication error and not food workers not interested in getting vaccinated. We did pretty well in our store with the employees.

Makes sense. I'm up in Coconino and have been pleased with the number of people we've been able to get vaccinated due to the public notifications, multiple sites, etc. 

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Damn, I was about to give this post a like and then the plot took a turn.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  

Yeah no kidding. :(  Sorry to hear, Moops. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

If vaccine doses are being distributed to the states in proportion to population, the bold should be irrelevant.

The B/C ratio makes a lot of sense though.

Eh, it also takes longer to give shots to millions vs. the smaller states.  And distribution takes longer.  

2 hours ago, the moops said:

That is terrible.  I am very sorry for you and your wife.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the moops said:

Wow Moops. Very sorry to hear man. Hope you all are well. 

• Thanks 1

Got second shot yesterday around noon. No real symptoms and side effects yesterday. Woke up middle of the night with some chills. Took some ibuprofen and was able to sleep okay. 

Woke up definitely feeling run down and with a mild headache. Consistent with what other told me, I assume I’ll feel like this most of the day. Working from home today with a light load so should be moderately manageable. 

Edited by Zow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zow said:

Got second shot yesterday around noon. No real symptoms and side effects yesterday. Woke up middle of the night with some chills. Took some ibuprofen and was able to sleep okay. 

Woke up definitely feeling run down and with a mild headache. Consistent with what other told me, I assume I’ll feel like this most of the day. Working from home today with a light load so should be moderately manageable. 

I have my 2nd Pfizer tomorrow at noon. Hoping for worst case scenario what you have

Pre-registered Monday and heard nothing back - keep checking the vaccination sites and everything is full.  I’m fine being patient but hoping for at least the first dose in the next month so I can maybe attend a MLS match if it’s open to the public.

26 minutes ago, the moops said:

I have my 2nd Pfizer tomorrow at noon. Hoping for worst case scenario what you have

I had Moderna which I’m told is a bit more harsh. 

I’d say my symptoms align with what I had commonly heard: you feel run down wity some chills and aches for about 24 hours starting 12 hours after the shot. 

I’d also note my arm feels like I’ve been punched by Tyson whereas first time around I barely had any soreness the next day. 

4 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I got my first today and the nurse mentioned that Moderna was more likely to result in the minor side effects you're talking about.

Yep. And with moderna it’s primarily the second shot. I had little to no side effects the first time. 

Just go my first Moderna shot.   I had an appointment in Ohio for this evening but I got a call from a buddy of mine that works in a pharmacy in town and said they had a few cancellations and if the wife and I could get there within the hour they were ours.   Was very quick:  in and out in 10 minutes.  

I cancelled the appointments in Ohio so now instead of driving 90 min each way I can actually relax tonight!

• Like 6

Got the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot yesterday.  Had some cold-like affects last night (joint ache, tired) but feel ok today.

Pretty happy, we're headed to Cancun mid-May and took the risk we would be vaccinated by then.

Score.  

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 9

On the list in NJ but they're still limiting it to seniors and those with preexisting conditions (including smokers....). I'm 37 and healthy, so I think its still gonna be a while. At this point, I just want to able to take some trips to golf/see out of state friends (guilt free)

My dad (71) has had both shots, as has my 96 year old grandmother (in a memory care facility. Bad Alzheimers).

My mom is 64 (divorced from my dad) and should be able to get the shot soon. But she's saying she's not going to. While not a full blown Qanon person (as far as I know)  she's been sucked down the far right social media rabbit hole a little bit.  She was a Trump supporter and was convinced that Biden "had been officially diagnosed with dementia"  so there's some craziness going on there.

At this point, I think the only chance she gets it is if my grandma's facility says only vaccinated family members can visit. She hasn't seen her in person in over a year now and its been really upsetting for her. She's been pressing them for an answer on that, but isn't getting anywhere.  She's already been exposed 3 separate times (her office opened up back in the fall for some reason so she's had 1st or 2nd hand contact with people who tested positive, requiring an emergency test each time...) so you'd think she'd want to just get it over with. But someone on youtube said something silly, so she's not.

Whatever.

1 hour ago, TLEF316 said:

On the list in NJ but they're still limiting it to seniors and those with preexisting conditions (including smokers....). I'm 37 and healthy, so I think its still gonna be a while. At this point, I just want to able to take some trips to golf/see out of state friends (guilt free)

My dad (71) has had both shots, as has my 96 year old grandmother (in a memory care facility. Bad Alzheimers).

My mom is 64 (divorced from my dad) and should be able to get the shot soon. But she's saying she's not going to. While not a full blown Qanon person (as far as I know)  she's been sucked down the far right social media rabbit hole a little bit.  She was a Trump supporter and was convinced that Biden "had been officially diagnosed with dementia"  so there's some craziness going on there.

At this point, I think the only chance she gets it is if my grandma's facility says only vaccinated family members can visit. She hasn't seen her in person in over a year now and its been really upsetting for her. She's been pressing them for an answer on that, but isn't getting anywhere.  She's already been exposed 3 separate times (her office opened up back in the fall for some reason so she's had 1st or 2nd hand contact with people who tested positive, requiring an emergency test each time...) so you'd think she'd want to just get it over with. But someone on youtube said something silly, so she's not.

Whatever.

I have a 93 year old mom so I can relate.   She was in Independent Living up until a few weeks ago but her health turned for the worse and now she needs help so that is the reason for the move into the Personal Care facility.

Anyway the Independent Living section is now 100% open to visitors but Personal Care is limited to 20 minutes/week per family .   It is a bit ridiculous IMO since everyone there has been vaccinated but they are being extra cautious so I can't blame them too much.

I am 62 and in PA and we are in the same boat as NJ while neighboring states have lowered their minimum age to 50 and will be open to all by the end of the month.  Definitely frustrating how poorly some states are handling this.

I have some family members a but older than me that are Trump supporters but they have all gotten the vaccine so that is good.   Anyone that can get a vaccine but chooses not to is potentially making things worse since it may allow for more mutations but you can't fix stupid I guess.

7 hours ago, Zow said:

I’d also note my arm feels like I’ve been punched by Tyson whereas first time around I barely had any soreness the next day

Had the Moderna too and Tyson went to work on my arm with the first shot.  Hope he's all punched out for my second next week

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zow said:

Yep. And with moderna it’s primarily the second shot. I had little to no side effects the first time. 

As I mentioned upstream, they did tell me that if you had COVID prior the effects will be worse.  I'm 95% sure I did last march when it first hit big here, and I had side effects after the first dose.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:36 AM, Poke_4_Life said:

Eh, it also takes longer to give shots to millions vs. the smaller states.  And distribution takes longer.  

I mentioned this awhile ago when the successes of South Dakota were being compared to the failures of California. In a small state like SD, they can do a lot of things that just aren’t possible in big states. In SD, they had a phone number you call up and they will schedule an appointment for you. That’s just not something that can be done on a larger scale.

Awesome to hear all of you are getting the vaccine. It's such a nice feeling having it done. Especially as they have had to close the HS I work at because we have over 200 kids in quarantine now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Awesome to hear all of you are getting the vaccine. It's such a nice feeling having it done. Especially as they have had to close the HS I work at because we have over 200 kids in quarantine now. 

Location?

1 minute ago, The Z Machine said:

Location?

SE Michigan. It's an issue at a lot of schools around here. Most associated with the higher income schools as parents/kids are more entitled. The sports teams seem to be the drivers of it. So many teams having to bow out of playoffs over COVID. Basically our teachers and student council came togehter and asked for this week to be virtual only after we had so many kids quarantined. Teachers didn't like having so many kids in class and at home online at the same time and kids felt uncomfortable being there given how widespread it had been. 

51 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

SE Michigan. It's an issue at a lot of schools around here. Most associated with the higher income schools as parents/kids are more entitled. The sports teams seem to be the drivers of it. So many teams having to bow out of playoffs over COVID. Basically our teachers and student council came togehter and asked for this week to be virtual only after we had so many kids quarantined. Teachers didn't like having so many kids in class and at home online at the same time and kids felt uncomfortable being there given how widespread it had been. 

That sucks man. I feel for you teachers, such a no win situation.  My daughter went back to school yesterday as schools are just now reopening here.  

10 hours ago, dkp993 said:

That sucks man. I feel for you teachers, such a no win situation.  My daughter went back to school yesterday as schools are just now reopening here.  

Yeah it’s not ideal for anyone. We were in person during October and half of November before our numbers spiked and we went all virtual until mid January. We had been in person since then and managed to make it about 2 months. Luckily for me, we also had an all year virtual option that many kids chose in September and I’ve been doing that so I don’t see too many kids face to face and I’m not impacted by the yo yoing of the schedule.

14 minutes ago, shuke said:

40+ become eligible in Ohio tomorrow.  Just scheduled Moderna #1 for next Wednesday at mass vaccination event at county fairgrounds.  So excited.

Straight to Skyline?

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I had no side effects from first Pfizer shot.  Will let you know about shot #2 in 11 days.  

4 minutes ago, jobarules said:

I had none after 1st dose. I heard it's about 12 hours after 2nd dose for side effects.

It’s been almost 8 hours now for me - arm is pretty sore, very similar to flu vaccine but usually next morning.  About 90 minutes ago I was feeling off and flush - sat down for a while and drank some water and feel ok now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gawain said:

First Pfizer today. How long from shot to start of side effects did people experience?

I felt nothing for the first 10 minutes. Then a sudden warmness in my arm. Then mild soreness for the next 24 hours, which I mostly didn't even notice except when I slept on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

It’s been almost 8 hours now for me - arm is pretty sore, very similar to flu vaccine but usually next morning.  About 90 minutes ago I was feeling off and flush - sat down for a while and drank some water and feel ok now.

Oddly, I do have a bruise from mine still almost 10 days later.  I also had a sore arm like from a flu shot, but not even as sore as a flu shot.  In fact, I did a pushup workout the same day.  That could have helped, I dunno.  

35 minutes ago, Gawain said:

First Pfizer today. How long from shot to start of side effects did people experience?

I had nothing on the first dose. Second dose left me with a nice bruise on my arm, and slightly more sore than a regular flu shot. 24 hours later I felt a little flush and registered a whopping 99.3 degrees.I usually run around 98, so slightly elevated I guess. Did not feel any excess fatigue, but it was President’s Day weekend and I didn’t do much except watch tv and chill with the dog anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I felt nothing for the first 10 minutes. Then a sudden warmness in my arm. Then mild soreness for the next 24 hours, which I mostly didn't even notice except when I slept on it.

My dad said his whole arm started to go numb when driving home after his second dose, but he’s had about 6 bypasses worth of heart surgery so I don’t know how many actual arteries and veins he has left.

6 hours ago, shuke said:

40+ become eligible in Ohio tomorrow.  Just scheduled Moderna #1 for next Wednesday at mass vaccination event at county fairgrounds.  So excited.

My wife volunteered at public vaccination site this afternoon.  They only did about 200 in 4 hours.   All extra doses are given to over 65 and public school teachers. 

Gonna be a long road to Tipperary to get a jab here in Maryland. 

Edited by The Z Machine

3 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

My wife volunteered at public vaccination site this afternoon.  They only did about 200 in 4 hours.   All extra doses are given to over 65 and public school teachers. 

Gonna be a long road to Tipperary to get a jab here in Maryland. 

Washington announced today that we'd be expanding the eligible groups on March 31 and lowering the age requirement to...60.  At this rate I'll be 60 before I get one.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

My mom (90) got her second Pfizer dose Monday. Was admitted to the hospital today with pneumonia. No idea if those events are in any way related.

Wishing her a speedy recovery

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 12:23 PM, Zow said:

I had Moderna which I’m told is a bit more harsh. 

I’d say my symptoms align with what I had commonly heard: you feel run down wity some chills and aches for about 24 hours starting 12 hours after the shot. 

I’d also note my arm feels like I’ve been punched by Tyson whereas first time around I barely had any soreness the next day. 

Got my second shot of Mederna last week.  Had zero symptoms with first or second.  Thought my arm would be sore but it was nor so pretty happy.

• Like 1

Got my first shot, Moderna, at Gillette today. They are running a machine down there. Only time I stopped moving was the minute it took to get the shot and the waiting period after. Very impressed with the whole setup they had running. Arm is a little sore. Had some chills earlier this evening and I am tired. Going to be an early night for sure. But so pumped to have this. Need to wait till the 5th before the wife becomes eligible. The finish line is slowly coming into focus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1