What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nominate a player for the FF Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Dan Marino -- already mentioned, but in mid-80's he was the exception to the rule on waiting on QB.  He was so much better our league had an ill-conceived Marino rule to lessen his impact.

Faulk -- PPR Gold

Rice

Tony Gonzalez -- 

Justin Tucker 

My 1st ff pick ever was Marino...before we learned to wait on qb.
Same here.  '93, the year he tore his Achilles.  Before the game was even over, another owner had called the commissioner and picked up Scott Mitchell.

My 2nd round pick that year? Jason Elam

My 3rd round pick that year? Glyn Milburn

That's when I stopped paying attention to preseason games.

My last season before retiring from FF, I won 2 out the 3 leagues I played in thanks to AP.

My nominations:

Natrone Means

Marcus Robinson

Here are a few that come to mind:

• Ahman Green
  • Warren Moon (run and shoot days and his WR's - Ernest Givins, Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffiries, Curtin Duncan)
  • Andre Rison
  • Andre Reed
  • Lorenzo White (with the run and shoot Houston teams)
  • Chris Warren had some solid years
  • Herschel Walker

Some old school favorites in PPR

Larry Centers
I was not in PPR back then, but my league was mostly TD-dependent with double points for doing something out of ordinary position (so, a RB got 6 for a rushing TD, and 12 points for a receiving TD, for example), with distance scoring bonuses that were also doubled.  Larry Centers was great back then because of all his receiving touchdowns. Keith Byars comes to mind too.

That rule did lead to some scoring oddities though.  I remember Kordell Stewart getting started at WR in the league, despite playing QB, and then getting double points for TD passes. And Eric Metcalf getting scored as if he were a RB even though he was mostly playing WR.

I'm honestly surprised no one has mentioned Maurice Jones-Drew.  MJD even had a fantasy-focused show on Sirius Radio called Runnin' with MJD (regardless of the quality, it still existed).  Dude is a first-balloter if there ever was one!

1999-2000 ish I remember having Eddie George and Fred Taylor. Rod Smith and Cris Carter maybe? Also Wesley Walls. TD stud.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I nominate "GB WR1".

Shannon Sharpe

Robert Brooks

Antonio Freeman

Bill Schroeder

Donald Driver

Javon Walker

Greg Jennings

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

James Jones

Davante Adams

Brad Johnson for what I think may be the highest scoring fantasy play of all time. 
I actually had him on my team and in my lineup for that play. I was the commissioner and my league was still doing manual scoring (I would do it and another owner would check me). Caused quite the controversy when I claimed the passing TD and receiving TD and both the receiving and passing yards.

My first ballot would be:

Manning

Faulk, LT

Moss, Harrison, AB

Gonzalez

Thats obviously biased by my age and when I played fantasy but it also aligns with the rise and peak of fantasy 

Last edited by a moderator:
I also remember using a huge portion of auction cap on Steve Young only to have him get hurt and out for the year right away. That was hard to overcome.

Emmitt

Larry Fitzgerald

Dorsey Levens

Warren Moon

Megatron

Kordell Stewart

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t seen Terrell Owens yet.  He had a pretty good run.  Also Ahman Green had a good run in the early 2000s.  

Ha!  He's a local sports radio host here in the mornings.  I bet he'd be tickled pink to get a mention in here.  Seems like a solid dude.  Hell of a golfer, too. 
I was one of those who fell for the story that he had lost a hand.  I don't know how far around the Internet that story went, but FFT was my mainstay and it stuck there for a hot minute.

Most I had in mind mentioned already so going with Edgerron James. My first championship was mostly due to him and McNabb.

Users who are viewing this thread