What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One-game wonders who were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

David Patten

Eta: I retract this one. He had one huge multi-purpose game but still had a few good games along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonas Gray
First guy I thought of. Went over 100 yards and 4 TDs (I think?) then *poof* disappeared like Keyser Söze.

@zamboni, you had another good call out on Tyree -- more of a one play wonder than a one game wonder. 

Jerome Harrison is someone not mentioned yet. Guy netted over 280 and 3 TDs in a game when the Browns faced a reeling chiefs game, then pretty much nothing of note again.

What about Jeff Janis? Guy was mostly a special teams guy, and hardly showed up on stat sheets...until the NFC divisional playoff game against Arizona, where he caught 7 for 145 yards and 2 touchdowns -- including a 41-yard bomb from Aaron Rodgers on the final play of regulation to bring the game into overtime. 

Many a Week 1 FAAB dollar was spent on this guy that year. Total bust of a pickup.

Many a 6th and round picks in the NFFC and FFPC main events that were drafted on that Friday and Saturday after the game were wasted on this guy to get his 25 or so points in week 1 then by week 4 he was being cut.

I remember Jermaine Fazande going 30-183-1 the last game of the 1999 for San Diego against Denver. Dont remember him ever doing anything else....

First guy I thought of. Went over 100 yards and 4 TDs (I think?) then *poof* disappeared like Keyser Söze.

@zamboni, you had another good call out on Tyree -- more of a one play wonder than a one game wonder. 

Jerome Harrison is someone not mentioned yet. Guy netted over 280 and 3 TDs in a game when the Browns faced a reeling chiefs game, then pretty much nothing of note again.

What about Jeff Janis? Guy was mostly a special teams guy, and hardly showed up on stat sheets...until the NFC divisional playoff game against Arizona, where he caught 7 for 145 yards and 2 touchdowns -- including a 41-yard bomb from Aaron Rodgers on the final play of regulation to bring the game into overtime. 
Jonas went over 200, didn't he?

Quentin Griffin, RB DEN 2004. Just one of many RB's to come along after TD behind that generational o-line. Week 1 stat line 23/156/2 rushing 1/1/1 receiving @ KC. Would be shocked if anyone even remembers this guy unless you bought into him.

Billy Volek - Week 14, 2004 fantasy playoffs (29 of 43, 426 yards, 4 TDs, 24 yards rushing)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200412130oti.htm

The guy was ok-ish as a QB2 a few games that season, but in the fantasy playoffs absolutely exploded in the game above. I remember starting him and Drew Bennett (12 catches, 233 yards, 3 TDs) and obliterating my opponent with literally just those two guys. Didn't even need the rest of my team that week.

That guy is STILL mad to this day about that game.

Billy Volek - Week 14, 2004 fantasy playoffs (29 of 43, 426 yards, 4 TDs, 24 yards rushing)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200412130oti.htm

The guy was ok-ish as a QB2 a few games that season, but in the fantasy playoffs absolutely exploded in the game above. I remember starting him and Drew Bennett (12 catches, 233 yards, 3 TDs) and obliterating my opponent with literally just those two guys. Didn't even need the rest of my team that week.

That guy is STILL mad to this day about that game.
:lmao:  I got crunched by the same combo, went to the playoffs 12-1

Kevin Ogletree Dal WR, 2012 season kickoff (played on a Wed night) 8recs, 144yds & 2 TDs. I'm pretty sure a lot of FFPC owners drafted him after the game was played and a lot of other ff owners including myself wasted a lot of fab on him that 1st week. He finished the yr with 32recs, 432yds and 4tds, woooof. 26recs, 2tds with 3 different teams over the next 3yrs to finish his career.

Impressive.  I don't even remember this dude
Michael Vick was must watch TV in 2002 and it was rare that FOX showed someone besides the Redskins, so I remember watching this game.  Vick had some really bland, no-name receivers though.  Peerless Price, Brian Finneran, one of the Jacksons.  And this guy popped up from nowhere in this game.  I think the next time I heard his name was when he passed away earlier this year.

Michael Vick was must watch TV in 2002 and it was rare that FOX showed someone besides the Redskins, so I remember watching this game.  Vick had some really bland, no-name receivers though.  Peerless Price, Brian Finneran, one of the Jacksons.  And this guy popped up from nowhere in this game.  I think the next time I heard his name was when he passed away earlier this year.
Pretty sure it was Willie. Either that or Tito.

Jonas Gray
One year we had our draft at a bar and I asked the table "Hey who was that Patriots guy who had the monster game and then never played again?" and some complete stranger at another table just yelled "JONAS GRAY" in the most bitter voice without even turning around. Absolutely guaranteed this dude spent his entire waiver budget on the guy and is still not over it. One of my favorite fantasy moments ever.

Users who are viewing this thread