What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Buy Now (1 Viewer)

I don't see how Hockenson would be attainable at this point, but would love to have him.
I know startup ADP data aren’t perfect, but according to them, Hockenson is still affordable. He’s expensive relative to other TEs, as he should be. But he can be had for WR2/3 types like Kupp or Deebo. If he ends up being what Waller is now for 5+ years, that’s a bargain. I’d say he’s expensive but attainable, with room for profit. At least to the extent that these mock drafts represent actual leagues.

I'm only going on guys I follow. I think Corey Davis is a buy low.

If he hadn't missed time due to COVID he'd be an easy overall WR3, even with Brown there. He's certainly averaging enough to be a mid-range WR3, even with a Week Nine goose egg thrown in. He can probably be had for very little. He's only twenty-five and is a UFA, meaning he'll be going to a team that values him in some way (check the contract price to make sure it's not cut rate and the league hasn't devalued him) -- and he certainly looks the part of a starting receiver who also does little things to help keep himself on the field (meaning: blocking, etc.). I acquired him for very little (I made a Corey Davis/Preston Williams for N'Keal Harry deal) and have been pleased with the comparative results of all the guys involved from my end.
Corey Davis has absolutely burned/disappointed so many FFL GMs by now that most don't consider him at all.  I've been guilty of that this entire season.

Corey Davis has absolutely burned/disappointed so many FFL GMs by now that most don't consider him at all.  I've been guilty of that this entire season.
Yeah, there's a long thread on here about him that pretty much goes into great detail about exactly how disappointing he's been. And if you spent a lot of capital in your rookie draft or something of value to acquire him, who can blame you? I happened to get him because the GM that was shopping him wanted, what in my mind, was very little for him. I was right. The trade was a Preston Williams for N'Keal Harry deal so I asked him to throw Davis in to even it out a little more. I had a feeling I might wind up lucky with him, and did indeed. He's startable in a deep league like I'm in. Only time will tell on the logistics and efficacy of the deal, but that's what Davis was going for at the beginning of this year.

I know startup ADP data aren’t perfect, but according to them, Hockenson is still affordable. He’s expensive relative to other TEs, as he should be. But he can be had for WR2/3 types like Kupp or Deebo. If he ends up being what Waller is now for 5+ years, that’s a bargain. I’d say he’s expensive but attainable, with room for profit. At least to the extent that these mock drafts represent actual leagues.
I paid Chark & a 2nd (mid probably) for him last week in 1 league and had no problem with that price. 

Definately not a buy low but if you believe in him as an elite talent he's worth it.

Kenny Golladay is a name I haven't seen yet.  I would try and get him where ever I could.  Owners are frustrated with the tease. I would be buying close to market value as I think he is a top 5 guy when on the field.  The discount comes as he hasn't shown he can stay on the field.  

A-Rob is another guy not mentioned much here.  With competent QB play he would be close to a top 5 producer.  He is that good.  

"Buy low, and sell high."

Joe Burrow:  He suffered a devastating knee injury, and it is unclear how long it will take to recover.  Burrow may well miss the first part of next season.  By all early reports, however, he is expected to make a full recovery,  We have seen how effective Burrow can be, and I like the direction the Cincinnati offense is going.  Burrow has franchise QB written all over him, and you may be able to acquire him at a substantial discount.
I just don't see where a Burrow owner would be willing to sell low on this guy.  He showed he belongs on the NFL field and will be a key contributor in the future once he gets back on the field.  I see him more as a pay close to full price guy with trying to sell his owner that the injury may be a risk that he doesn't come back.  He isn't a QB with running as his main strength so I have no doubt he makes a full recovery for QB level mobility and play.  All that to say I would be willing to pay close to market price so if you can get him low pull the trigger quickly.  I just don't see his owners giving up that soon.  

Kenny Golladay is a name I haven't seen yet.  I would try and get him where ever I could.  Owners are frustrated with the tease. I would be buying close to market value as I think he is a top 5 guy when on the field.  The discount comes as he hasn't shown he can stay on the field.  

A-Rob is another guy not mentioned much here.  With competent QB play he would be close to a top 5 producer.  He is that good.  
Been trying to sell him to get points for a title run and the offers are pretty low. Guys like Agholor, Landry, Fulgham, Cooks or Hollywood. I see him as a top 10 WR and though the temptation to get some immediate points was there, I couldn’t bring myself to sell low.  At this point I’m hoping he heals up for the stretch run and finds the Patricia firing a motivational factor to get paid by the new GM. 

I just don't see where a Burrow owner would be willing to sell low on this guy.  He showed he belongs on the NFL field and will be a key contributor in the future once he gets back on the field.  I see him more as a pay close to full price guy with trying to sell his owner that the injury may be a risk that he doesn't come back.  He isn't a QB with running as his main strength so I have no doubt he makes a full recovery for QB level mobility and play.  All that to say I would be willing to pay close to market price so if you can get him low pull the trigger quickly.  I just don't see his owners giving up that soon.  
I don't believe fantasy owners are ready to give up on Burrow.  If, however, they are in need of a QB (or other position/s) for a playoff run, perhaps they would sell Burrow at below his market value, taking into consideration the extent of his injury and the lengthy recovery process.  A fantasy owner who has QB depth or can fulfill that need otherwise is probably not going to deal Burrow, and I am guessing in most leagues, that is going to be the case, but a strong offer to an owner poised for a title run may be just enough to tempt him.  You are not getting Burrow for pennies on the dollar in typical dynasty leagues, so you are going to have to ante up with a fair offer, but any discount makes him a dynasty buy.

What about Bryan Edwards from the raiders?
As a current owner, I'd like to hope there is something there to buy low on.. Edwards had a great opportunity this year before getting injured to cement himself in the lineup.  After all is said and done, its going to be tough considering how infrequently Carr targets his wideouts anyway.  Passed on Higgins and Mims to draft him too..

I'll thrown in DJ Moore, even though it's been a frustrating season (compared to preseason expectations anyway). The caveat here is that it isn't clear whether his up and down target numbers/Anderson's role are a product of design by the offensive coaches or Bridgewater's preferences (or both). If the team gets lucky there's a chance they could take a QB in the first round this year. In addition, Moore could be a UFA after next season (I'm assuming the Panthers will pick up his 5th year option). And there's always the chance that his role is expanded next year (more in line with what some of us expected this season). So things could change. His profile -- breakout at a young age, elite athletic skills, still very young for a veteran player -- is usually a good bet in dynasty. I don't know if owners are selling low, but he's been a subject of constant venting this year, so maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps, with the suspension, a dynasty owner who was counting on Will Fuller for the fantasy playoffs might be persuaded to part ways with him, for the right offer.  If you have some receiver depth or are not headed to the playoffs this season, now may be the time to strike a deal.

I'll thrown in DJ Moore, even though it's been a frustrating season (compared to preseason expectations anyway). The caveat here is that it isn't clear whether his up and down target numbers/Anderson's role are a product of design by the offensive coaches or Bridgewater's preferences (or both). If the team gets lucky there's a chance they could take a QB in the first round this year. In addition, Moore could be a UFA after next season (I'm assuming the Panthers will pick up his 5th year option). And there's always the chance that his role is expanded next year (more in line with what some of us expected this season). So things could change. His profile -- breakout at a young age, elite athletic skills, still very young for a veteran player -- is usually a good bet in dynasty. I don't know if owners are selling low, but he's been a subject of constant venting this year, so maybe?
I really like Moore.  Curtis Samuel also intrigues me.  Both have some upside potential, but the Panthers' offense runs through McCaffrey (when healthy), and I am not really sold on Bridgewater.

I really like Moore.  Curtis Samuel also intrigues me.  Both have some upside potential, but the Panthers' offense runs through McCaffrey (when healthy), and I am not really sold on Bridgewater.
Moore is a little bit of an odd one...IMO he's not so much a buy/sell high or low but a player who's value varies from owner to owner...between that and what you pointed out, there just feels like there a few more moving parts with regard to Moore. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One more positive for Moore is that Samuel is an UFA after this year. Some team other than the Panthers is bound to overpay for him, leaving one fewer mouth to feed (unless another proven weapon is brought in)

I love filling the back end of my roster with potential diamonds in the rough.  I think Collin Johnson falls into that category.  The price is right, since he is likely sitting on most waiver wires.  However, I am not especially excited about the Jags QB situation, and they already have both D.J. Chark and Leviska Shenault, but Collin Johnson is a player to keep an eye on.  He has the size and physicality to win on contested balls, and he has good athleticism for his size.  If you have a very deep bench, Johnson could be worth a stash, but he remains a watch for me.  There are a number of players I have on my watch list that I would prefer to add to the end of my roster at this point.
Looks like Johnson may be a thing. I remember reading he was outplaying Viska in training camp and then nothing happened once the regular season started. Has led the team in receiving two-weeks in a row. We will see. 

Users who are viewing this thread