What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Buy and Sell Targets (1 Viewer)

yeah. sorry if that wasn't clear. it's my favorite rookie WR stat and it's been pretty predictive the last 20 years.
You know who the guy that leads the league in Yards Per Target with over fifty targets is? Or if you select 50% of team snaps on PFF, who that is?

Oh man, this is sort of funny.

Corey Davis. By a decent amount.

The top ten in descending order are: Davis, Fuller V, Jefferson, DK Metcalf, Nelson Agholor, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Valdes-Scantling, Travis Kelce, and A.J. Brown if you screen for those two categories. Sounds about right for this year. All worthy fantasy contributors. 

Thoughts on David Montgomery?

His overall stats aren't insane, but he was a monster down the stretch.  Sell high?  What are people getting for him or trying to get for him?

Or better to hold at this point?
I am a Bears fan, and Montgomery has significantly improved over last year.  Waldman breaks it down really well in his Gut Check column.  I don't think he's an elite talent, but he can easily be a solid RB2 for the next few years.

Issues with Montgomery are 1) who will QB the Bears in 2021, 2) what happens when Tarik Cohen returns, and 3) will the Bears work on improving their OL?  So if you get a really good offer for him, something in the equivalent of a top 10 RB offer, I would consider selling high, otherwise, I would just hold and know that you have a solid starter for the next 2-3 years.

My leagues don't give points for previous years.
While that's true, what in your mind tells you that Thomas is overrated going forward?  He had an injury plagued year.  He has shown that he could get it done with Hill at QB.....that he can still catch 100+ passes.  Thomas is still a stud, and now given the uncertainty to who will be the QB in NO.....now is the time to buy Thomas at a discount.  Only question is how much of a discount will his owner take?

Anyone sold David Johnson lately?  Hoping to sell high after his 2 big weeks, but I think most people are too weary of him.  Trying to figure out what to go after.

Anyone sold David Johnson lately?  Hoping to sell high after his 2 big weeks, but I think most people are too weary of him.  Trying to figure out what to go after.
It’s a few weeks old now, but sold him for Singletary and 2 thirds. 

What are some examples of good trade value for Travis Kelce?

In a 12-tm SF PPR. Contender (12-1 record, most pts. scored, but lost in semis). Am I crazy to consider a trade? Have had him for 6 years, would be a sad day. 

There’s a specific team I have my eye on that has Gesicki, Hockenson, Gibson, Swift, Juedy & McLaurin. Would it make sense for him to part w/ one of the TEs and any of those young players? 

Sold him before the season started. Got a 2021 1st. Played the guy I traded him to in the ship and beat him. So got the 1.11.

I ended up trading Barkley and my 2021 2nd for Kamara. That's what put me over the top for the ship. So in a nutshell...

Got Kamara, 2021 1.11 and a ship

Gave Johnson, Barkley and the 2021 2.12

Last edited by a moderator:
You know who the guy that leads the league in Yards Per Target with over fifty targets is? Or if you select 50% of team snaps on PFF, who that is?

Oh man, this is sort of funny.

Corey Davis. By a decent amount.

The top ten in descending order are: Davis, Fuller V, Jefferson, DK Metcalf, Nelson Agholor, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Valdes-Scantling, Travis Kelce, and A.J. Brown if you screen for those two categories. Sounds about right for this year. All worthy fantasy contributors. 

one of the reasons i was a bit higher on corey coming into this year than ECR (mid 60s?) was that his ypt had gone up each year, he was just stuck on a team that threw like 12 times a game... seemed to me if he could find 90-100 targets, he'd be a pretty nice fantasy WR. obviously 11.7 ypt is probably unsustainable for him but he's kind of the anti tyler boyd: a guy who has outproduced his volume, not been propped up by it.

if he goes to an offense where his volume could actually finally creep into WR1 territory, he could really be something.

one of the reasons i was a bit higher on corey coming into this year than ECR (mid 60s?) was that his ypt had gone up each year, he was just stuck on a team that threw like 12 times a game... seemed to me if he could find 90-100 targets, he'd be a pretty nice fantasy WR. obviously 11.7 ypt is probably unsustainable for him but he's kind of the anti tyler boyd: a guy who has outproduced his volume, not been propped up by it.

if he goes to an offense where his volume could actually finally creep into WR1 territory, he could really be something.
Young Jedis should seek a max of talent, efficiency, and volume. Sometimes the three never quite meet. I also roster Corey after a great trade. May he find his match this off-season. Boyd I let go for way too little last year because I was looking to move him in a terrible trade on my end. Never again, something like that. Differing ends of the spectrum, these guys, both valuable in their own right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually I'm big on owning a backfield but this is not one of those cases. The largest roster sized dynasty league I play is 22 in-season, 18 off-season and most of them are FFPC style with basically two less then what I just referenced.

I bring up roster size because to me owning both Bill RB', based on what I saw this year, is a tremendous roster drain because neither represent a usable or at least a player you want to use unless one of them gets hurt. If roster size was larger I might see this differently but to me owning both of them is to much dead weight.
If you passed and don't own any shares, you made a good call and are in a fine spot.   Your comments on the use of roster spots are very valid.   I can definitely see that with a 22/18.   I'm in a 24-19 and those two extra spots make loading up on RB stashes (who can also be helpful in a pinch) a little more palatable.   If you do have the roster space, your sentiments are why I'm buying if I have one and want to lock in the backfield, or even if you own none and think Moss can be a "preferred split" on a great offense.   Obviously, feature backs on great offenses are gold and valued accordingly.    However, splits or near splits in the backfield are going to continue to become the rule of thumb.  It's almost becoming a minor victory not being in a backfield with a 3-headed monster.   Long story short, I don't see either guy ever being a low end RB1, even with an injury.   I do think there's a pretty decent chance that Moss becomes a low-end RB2 next season, and most owners are probably underwhelmed, thinking they're sitting on a low-end RB3 / super RB4.   Regression to the mean seems like a certainty.   First scary moment on a Josh Allen short yardage keeper is going to lead to more short yardage handoffs to Moss.        

Well I wasn't comparing Henry with Aaron Jones. Comprehension is difficult for some people so I don't take it personally.

Henry has been quite durable and one of the best backs in the league. Despite these facts Coach LaFluer still used Dion Lewis quite a bit. So perhaps this is a LaFluer thing and not the Packers have figured how to use Aaron Jones.

Feel free to make disparaging, condescending remarks, but the truth remains that Jones has been injured every year of his 4 year career. He's a tremendous player, but to think he can handle 20 plus touches a week for a full season, contradicts what his career has already shown us. Hopefully you are smart enough to understand this smh 

I think I recall last year people saying to move on from Kamara. Not going to happen here. Maybe because he was a 2nd rd rookie pick for me or maybe because whoever is playing QB for the Saints post Brees will learn to throw a dump off pass to him. Dudes legit. In his 4th (and final) game with Taysom at the helm he received 10 targets in the passing game. He carries the ball a dozen times per game and will catch a handful of passes but I never recall seeing him take a big hit. 
In a Thursday night game in his rookie year he was going out of bounds and the defender took a (cheap imo) hit on him to the helmet, he was placed in the concussion protocol. And missed the rest of the game.  He came back the next week fine and since then seems to have learned to protect himself, even when going out of bounds.

What are some examples of good trade value for Travis Kelce?

In a 12-tm SF PPR. Contender (12-1 record, most pts. scored, but lost in semis). Am I crazy to consider a trade? Have had him for 6 years, would be a sad day. 

There’s a specific team I have my eye on that has Gesicki, Hockenson, Gibson, Swift, Juedy & McLaurin. Would it make sense for him to part w/ one of the TEs and any of those young players? 

His owner in my PPR dynasty wanted CMC for him. So some people still have insane value on him. I think Gibson, Hock & Swift (Or Terry if you need a WR) for Kelce + ?? would be good for you

Users who are viewing this thread