What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay vs New Orleans -3(52.5)*** The Senior Bowl (2 Viewers)

I don’t get cute. I take Smith. He has 10 year stud written all over him. Immediate impact player.
Smith looks great, but word has it so does chase and waddle while being an absolute burner also is an elite returner which they'll need once grant is shown the door

After that game, Payton deserves respect.

He honored Drew Brees by letting him finish that game. Payton isn’t stupid - he knew Brees didn’t have it tonight or really the last few weeks.

Brees gave him a Super Bowl, and in turn he gave Brees the opportunity to finish this season. And I can’t fault him for that.

Brees signed on at a time when New Orleans needed something desperately. And Brees brought hope. He dug into that community and became one of them. 

Brees earned the opportunity to finish this game, and Payton honored that. 

At the end of the game, Brees took his helmet off and went in for the hand shake, I rewinded it to make sure it went down this way, Brady just leaned in and hugged him, such a height difference between these two. It was a very emotional exchange I thought, really told the story. 

Brady "Keep in touch" were his parting words for Brees amongst some pleasantries. 

Also thought Brady saw Brees about to lose it or cry on the hand shake and decided to hug him and cover him up a bit just i case, terrific class act today. 
You got that wrong. Brees leaned in and said “Your wife is hot” and Brady replied,”Look, but don’t touch.”

After that game, Payton deserves respect.

He honored Drew Brees by letting him finish that game. Payton isn’t stupid - he knew Brees didn’t have it tonight or really the last few weeks.

Brees gave him a Super Bowl, and in turn he gave Brees the opportunity to finish this season. And I can’t fault him for that.

Brees signed on at a time when New Orleans needed something desperately. And Brees brought hope. He dug into that community and became one of them. 

Brees earned the opportunity to finish this game, and Payton honored that. 
Great post!

Thanks for the memories ... and my avatar, Drew Brees. A lot of long time Who Dats never thought the Saints would hoist the Lombardi one day.

A Cajun died and went to hell. The devil assigned him the usual punishment...put him in the mass pit where the heat was melting others.

The devil came back sometime later, surprised to find the Cajun just sitting around, not even misting, much less sweating. "How come you're not so much as sweating here where everyone else is screaming for relief from the heat?" The Cajun laughed and said, "Man, I was raised in the bayous of Sout Looziana. Dis ain't nothin' but May in Morgan City to me!"

The devil decided to really put the Cajun through it. He put him in a sealed off cave in the pit with open blazes and four extra furnaces blasting. When he came back, days later, the Cajun was sitting pretty, had barely begun to sweat. The devil was outraged.. "How is this possible!? You should be melted to a shrieking puddle in these conditions!." The Cajun laughed even harder than before. "Hey, man! I done tole you. I was raised in Sout Looziana. You tink dis is heat?! Dis ain't nothin' but August in Cow Island !"

So the devil thought, 'Alright, a little reverse ought to do the trick.' He put the Cajun into a corner of hell where no heat ever reached. It was freezing, and to add to the Cajun's misery, he added massive icebergs and blasting frozen air.

When he returned, the Cajun was shivering, ice hung from every part of him, but he was grinning like it was Christmas.

Exasperated, the devil asked "HOW!? How is it possible?! You're impervious to heat and here you sit in conditions you can't be used to...freezing cold, and yet you're happier than if you were in heaven. WHY?!"

The Cajun kept grinning and asked, "Don't dis mean de Saints won da Super Bowl?"

It just puts them in a weird spot.  They just drafted jackson last year who was supposed to take some time to develop.   They also drafted hunt in the 2nd.    So one of those two is now on the bench.  They also have davis who's just ok, but extremely versatile.  With how much they need skill position players on O, its a real luxury pick.  
If we are talking about the Phins I would like to chime in. 

-This has come up and I don't believe Miami will draft this Tackle from Oregon. Jake Long was drafted No 1 overall and it didn't really change the franchise. I don't see a lot of teams change their arcs with these Left Tackles yet I know how vital and awesome they are. I don't believe this Tackle will change how Tua throws the ball or the fact that he is close to a bust already and teammates have been more open since the season ended. Also Miami took another player from Oregon at about the same spot and it didn't work out very well. Different front office, etc but it still is part of the owner's history and he still likes to chime in despite knowing ZIPPO about the game of football.

I have a feeling Miami is going to trade this pick, not sure for what just yet but we are doing things like the Patriot way here and that means we don't usually go for what the media says we should. Miami has the luxury to get even deeper on their rosters with Line depth, some Edge rushers would be nice but there is no Chase Young this year. 

Jackson looked OK at times, if Tua were to be their franchise QB(I have serious doubts) then they could keep going with Jackson since it's not Tua's blind side. I like Hunt a lot and felt he did great work over there once they started him weekly about mid season or sooner than that even. Miami started 3 rookies on their OL, that's incredible to win 10 games with 3 rookies and one of the is Austin Jackson as your starting LT so I agree with you that this Sewell would be a luxury we don't have. 

Miami has proven with this new Flores approach that they are serious about how they design trades and I don't think Houston will be the only team they end up looking like they got the better end of the deal. Miami has a chance to leverage these 4 Top-50 picks including 3-18-34...they can possibly turn some of these into multiple picks across multiple drafts and that always seemed like what the Pats did in the 1st decade of their dynasty run, they would rather have 6 picks between 40-120 than 2 picks at 6 and 21. I'm just giving a general idea of what I believe they can do. 

I thought you might like some in depth Miami Dolphins analysis 

I think Brees has gas in the tank.  He came back from fractured ribs.  It will be interesting to see if he comes back and if he does, will it be with the Saints?
I don't think he does. This has been coming for a couple of years. Too bad they couldn't have won another trophy in the last 3 years but he should have retired last year.

Nothing was worse than being a lifelong Dan Marino fan and seeing him lose 62-7 in his final game and look completely washed up.

I don’t think Brees was washed up. He was clearly still playing injured. Not the way he should go out. He still has some gas left in the tank IMO. 
I feel the same.  They should have let him rest more.  But reality is, he's definitely more injury prone at this point.

I don't think he does. This has been coming for a couple of years. Too bad they couldn't have won another trophy in the last 3 years but he should have retired last year.
I agree. I think he's physically done. Didnt attempt a single pass over 20 yards yesterday. Was errant on some throws that a couple of seasons ago would have been darts. I believe we saw in this game the fact that his physical skills have declined and the offense was trying to manage based on those limitations. 

Still a first ballot Hall of Famer and a class act. 

Users who are viewing this thread