What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Godzilla vs. Kong (1 Viewer)

I’m always amazed when they can get somewhat accomplished actors to do these. Eesh. I mean, I’ll watch it. But eesh. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Otis said:
I’m always amazed when they can get somewhat accomplished actors to do these. Eesh. I mean, I’ll watch it. But eesh. 
Yeah, when I watched the latest Godzilla movie I was baffled by the level of actors that were in that thing.   Farmiga, Whitford, Hawkins, Watanabe, Dance, Strathairn, etc..    

Disappointed that Millie Bobbie Brown is in this one (makes sense being a sequel and all I guess).  Something about her creeps me out and annoys me at the same time.  

But the real question is: do I need to have watched all the prior movies to be able to understand what is going on in this one?
Nope. All the Toho movies are considered separate sequels to the original. 

But since this Legendary making this, I’d say a bit knowledge about G would help. 

Otis said:
They probably had to pay Godzilla huge bucks to get him signed for this.

Ok, I have seen Godzilla King of Monsters and Kong, Skull Island. Was I supposed to know who the Drs brother was and about his failed mission. I also don’t remember talk of a hollow earth in either of those movies. 
I liked Godzilla vs Kong but it felt like I was missing some back story from movies that I actually saw. :shrug:  

Ok, I have seen Godzilla King of Monsters and Kong, Skull Island. Was I supposed to know who the Drs brother was and about his failed mission. I also don’t remember talk of a hollow earth in either of those movies. 
I liked Godzilla vs Kong but it felt like I was missing some back story from movies that I actually saw. :shrug:  
I rewatched all three this weekend. They definitely mention Hollow Earth in the latter two. They discussed it a ton in Skull Island.

Dr Linds brother isn't anyone from the prior films.

Serizawa (the one piloting Mecha) was obviously related to Dr Serizawa but I don't think they say how.

How does a movie with this kind of budget, group of solid actors and outstanding CGI somehow make an awful 70’s B movie look like The Godfather in comparison. Yet I throughly enjoyed it.  The fact that they made no attempt to have any of it make any sense, absolutely makes sense.  

Capella said:
I hope there is a scene as funny as this. Literally the hardest I ever laughed in a movie theatre, I was dying 

https://twitter.com/lucidboardshop/status/1334934525466587146?s=21
That was hysterical. The only problem with it when I rewatch is there is no way he held on to the grenades with the pulled pins. Should have been a small explosion over the water followed by a puff of smoke from him crushing that wall. Maybe a small explosion when his body falls to the ground like a car crash with the delayed explosion. That would have floored me with the multiple explosions and wall hit.

That was hysterical. The only problem with it when I rewatch is there is no way he held on to the grenades with the pulled pins. Should have been a small explosion over the water followed by a puff of smoke from him crushing that wall. Maybe a small explosion when his body falls to the ground like a car crash with the delayed explosion. That would have floored me with the multiple explosions and wall hit.
When this scene happened in the theater, there was some lady sitting behind me taking the movie VERY seriously, which made me laugh even harder, which lead to my wife slapping my leg to get me to stop. 

I think the sad music is what really put it over the top for me.  

When this scene happened in the theater, there was some lady sitting behind me taking the movie VERY seriously, which made me laugh even harder, which lead to my wife slapping my leg to get me to stop. 

I think the sad music is what really put it over the top for me.  
This was my inappropriate laugh out loud hysterically moment when everyone else was crying.  

how did they get sunlight inside the hollow earth 
Danger Will Robinson, Danger.  DO NOT go down that road with this movie.  It will dominate the next 18 months of your life there’s so many questions like that. I’m honestly not sure there isn’t a three minute period in the entire movie where one couldn’t ask a question of that nature.  

Danger Will Robinson, Danger.  DO NOT go down that road with this movie.  It will dominate the next 18 months of your life there’s so many questions like that. I’m honestly not sure there isn’t a three minute period in the entire movie where one could ask a question of that nature.  
:lmao:  did anybody making this movie even consider it? Amazing. 

I love how in 5 mins they were able to adjust from transporting Kong via boat to a coordinated 20+ helicopter and plane air transit. All with a Kong sized cargo net they had laying around or stopped by Walmart to grab real quick.  

Massive gravity “inversion” that crushes within a second but some how Kong “will be fine”. Guess he is immune to the forces of gravity too.  

3 randoms wondering around at will the most secure and secret place on the planet.  

GD you @Capella, every time I think I’m out I get pulled back in.  

Wait, this movie is out?  Oh boy oh boy!!!

Q the people dissing the "turn your brain off and enjoy the show" type of movies......

Graphics and fight scenes were cool.  Everything else, and I mean everything, sucked.  Story line of a 10 year old. Pacific rim was better.  I almost fell asleep.

I really enjoyed the movie, the special effects were awesome.  Even just the part where Kong climbs back onto the boat and throws up water was so cool.  #teamgodzilla

Watched it last night. After Wonder Woman 1984, I am pretty sure I understand the whole let's release on the streaming platform this year to try and add new customers. It really was to soften the blow of these atrocities. If you had paid $100 to take your family of 5 to these movies, you would have been pissed and never seen them again. I was able to enjoy a movie that had some of the dumbest moments and biggest plot holes ever because I didn't pay a penny to see it.

Spoiler alert, lol, I can't help myself because if you truly ruin your enjoyment of this movie by being spoiled then I can't help you in life. The spoilers may help so you can chuckle more watching the movie. It is a popcorn move that should be enjoyed and not ask questions. I just wanted to see how many things I could list that were truly amazing. I think the writers just got a bout 10 minutes in and realized there was no way to make it plausible so they said F it, let's just make it look cool.

Here's a great list:

• Who made that first axe and how did it power up the world?
  • Sunlight and animals living in whatever the hell that place was.
  • Why did Godzilla just decide to be friends?
  • How did the wireless access work in the hollow earth?
  • How the hell did they somehow translate that new energy source over the wireless network?
  • How did they within a minute just pump said new energy source into mecha-Godzilla? Did they 3D print it?
  • How did mecha-Godzilla just wake up when it was clearly not an AI and more of a Pacific Rim suit?
  • How did the guy running mecha-Godzilla suddenly get fried and was he the same guy controlling Zeus in Real Steel?
  • How much freaking money was spent by that idiot explorer who's brother was squished to death to build that Antarctic station and why did they just give up?
  • Did his brother and team just jump in the hole? Couldn't they have taken a helicopter and just gone really slow at the bad point?
  • Did Elon Musk build the Pensacola to Hong Kong Boring tunnel? Did he start it before or after the last movie?
  • Did they really build that around the world tunnel just to send baby animals to the Hong Kong fighting ring?
  • Why the #### did they choose Pensacola as some sort of really cool city?
  • Did they really spend billions of dollars to create an arena to test mecha-Godzilla and wouldn't it have been smarter to just raise the babies in the other 100 animal lockers in the arena?
  • What was the arena made of that the mecha-Godzilla blasts didn't seem to create a single scratch?
  • If that glass in the watching area was strong enough to withstand a laser blast, why isn't it what iPhone screens are made out of?
  • Why did mecha-Godzilla turn bad and why did he kill that one main bad guy? Was it something he said in the speech that mecha-Godzilla didn't like?
  • Is Hong Kong really a neon city like that?
  • Did Kong just jump up through the hole to get to Hong Kong?
  • Why did the ex-Vampire guy fly their plane right at the monsters when he got out of the hole?
  • Why are the people of Hong Kong so stupid? In the final hug scene they are walking every which way and in the battle, they see to be just running around or not evacuating so something can fall on them. It just makes me wonder how they've survived as a huge city this long.
I feel like there's more, but that's just stream of consciousness. The best part is that I actually enjoyed watching it, probably because it was free. With WW84, Kong vs. Godzilla and Justice League, you truly have to wonder if Warner Brothers has the same writers as The Walking Dead. 

Whoa.. Way too much thinking going on in stbug's posts.. 90% I wouldn't even think about if not for the post..
But for this one:

Why did Godzilla just decide to be friends?
IMO.. and I could be wrong here.. But..

I felt that when Kong dropped the Axe, he was singling that Godzilla was Alpha( back to the premise of there can only be one Alpha).

Godzilla basically said "You got that right sucker!!" and walked away. 
:oldunsure:

Whoa.. Way too much thinking going on in stbug's posts.. 90% I wouldn't even think about if not for the post..
But for this one:

I felt that when Kong dropped the Axe, he was singling that Godzilla was Alpha( back to the premise of there can only be one Alpha).

Yep, that was my take as well especially after they show Kong down in middle earth. 

But for this one:

LOL, honestly that was not thinking at all just running through an obvious list and typing every thought out. I was just amazed at how easy it was to go WTF did that happen. It was a really fast list, believe me and I'm sure I missed many more.

The friends thing I meant wasn't the ending part, it was when Godzilla decided to not kill Kong before mecha-Godzilla appeared. Based on the history, that was a decision he wouldn't have made. Kind of like when he just decided to stop attacking the ships where he easily finishes off Kong. I know why the writers did it that way so they could get a good battle but also leave Kong alive so that he can save Godzilla. It made way more sense at the end end to be friends since Kong saved him.

I love how in 5 mins they were able to adjust from transporting Kong via boat to a coordinated 20+ helicopter and plane air transit. All with a Kong sized cargo net they had laying around or stopped by Walmart to grab real quick.  

Massive gravity “inversion” that crushes within a second but some how Kong “will be fine”. Guess he is immune to the forces of gravity too.  

3 randoms wondering around at will the most secure and secret place on the planet.  

GD you @Capella, every time I think I’m out I get pulled back in.  

They also left off how the got Kong chained and onto a boat in the first place other than a throw away line about sedatives.

Could not make it through.

Incessantly annoying humans, particularly the kids.

Graphics and fight scenes were cool.  Everything else, and I mean everything, sucked.  Story line of a 10 year old. Pacific rim was better.  I almost fell asleep.
This is about where I was.   Way too much human/conspiracy/dumb stuff, and I ended up FF a little to get to the GvK.    And I loved the hell out out Skull Island.  

I’m getting a WW84 vibe here. Is this “better” in any way than WW84? My family still gives me grief for picking that one on movie night. I liked the first WW and Kong Skull Island, but WW84 was painful.

LOL, honestly that was not thinking at all just running through an obvious list and typing every thought out. I was just amazed at how easy it was to go WTF did that happen. It was a really fast list, believe me and I'm sure I missed many more.

The friends thing I meant wasn't the ending part, it was when Godzilla decided to not kill Kong before mecha-Godzilla appeared. Based on the history, that was a decision he wouldn't have made. Kind of like when he just decided to stop attacking the ships where he easily finishes off Kong. I know why the writers did it that way so they could get a good battle but also leave Kong alive so that he can save Godzilla. It made way more sense at the end end to be friends since Kong saved him.
Godzilla beat Kong’s ### into submission and that is all he cares about. Kong would have died had they not jumped started....omg I have to kick my own ### for being a nerd. Bbl

Users who are viewing this thread