What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weighted blankets (calling all insomniacs) (1 Viewer)

We take the 5 mg nightly. Supposed to help you get to sleep, but not really keep you asleep. I take a 2 mg generic Lunesta for that. Only works for 4 or 5 hours but I really don't want to take anything stronger. Afraid of getting hooked.
Do you take that every night?  I take a 5mg Zolpidem at times but don't want to get hooked on that.  Just wondering if the Lunesta is something you can take every night.

Do you take that every night?  I take a 5mg Zolpidem at times but don't want to get hooked on that.  Just wondering if the Lunesta is something you can take every night.
Yes, it is designed to be used as a nightly med. It was completely ineffective at first when I just tried it once in awhile. Admittedly, if I forget it, the night does not go well. If I want to stop taking it, I'll need to slowly wean off of it.

Yes, it is designed to be used as a nightly med. It was completely ineffective at first when I just tried it once in awhile. Admittedly, if I forget it, the night does not go well. If I want to stop taking it, I'll need to slowly wean off of it.
Actually, it's not.  It's the same situation with what I'm taking.  Temazepam.  They are designed to be used 1-2 weeks.  But usage is all over the place.  Guy I played golf with today has been taking it nightly for years too.  

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-92350/lunesta-oral/details

Any chance I can give my dog melatonin? That pain in the butt was whining like crazy at 7 am this morning. 

Judge Smails said:
Actually, it's not.  It's the same situation with what I'm taking.  Temazepam.  They are designed to be used 1-2 weeks.  But usage is all over the place.  Guy I played golf with today has been taking it nightly for years too.  

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-92350/lunesta-oral/details
Hmm, maybe I should try and get off of it. Seems like it may have adverse affects and without a doubt the effectiveness is waning.

I take the melatonin in bed with a book and book light. My wife crashed out next to me. 45-60 minutes later, I'm zonked.  
This is what does it for me.

I can get through like 10 pages on a kindle and am usually out. Takes me like 4 months to read a book.

I have been reading this Winston Churchill book by Erik Larson for like 3 months :lol:
I knocked out Swan Song (about 1,000 pages - thanks @shuke) in 3 weeks I think. Now on to A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. Very far into this book and still waiting for something, anything to happen. Next up Childhood's End by Clarke and then some Follett sequels to Pillars of the Earth. Then I think I'm hitting the Stand by King. 

I knocked out Swan Song (about 1,000 pages - thanks @shuke) in 3 weeks I think. Now on to A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. Very far into this book and still waiting for something, anything to happen. Next up Childhood's End by Clarke and then some Follett sequels to Pillars of the Earth. Then I think I'm hitting the Stand by King. 
If I remember correctly, the first sequel to Pillers was very good.  The third book was a little disappointing.  

I'm seeing people post that it takes them 30-60 minutes to fall asleep and I am grateful for my situation. My wife seems to fall asleep as soon as her head touches the pillow, so I thought I had it bad taking 10-15 minutes to fall asleep. Now, I will count my blessings. And once I fall asleep, I do sleep throughout the night. One thing the weighted blanket has done for me is minimized my tossing and turning.

Well I have the referral to the sleep lab.  Gonna get to the root of this.  In the meantime with my dosage of Temazepam cut in half I'm still sleeping gloriously.

Cleaning is a ##### 

I got the 60×80
Anybody got any ideas on an easy way to clean these things?

I also have a 60x80. The manufacturer says to hand wash. Pretty big to hand wash! How to do that exactly.

Then when I'm done, how to dry it? Too heavy for the dryer. I don't have a clothesline, but if I did it would be too heavy for that too. 

We took the weighted blanket plunge and slept with one last night for the first time. Got the 20 pound and I LOVED it. Slept great. However, the blanket leaks the tiny glass beads and when we woke up it felt like sand was all over the bed. The tiny little beads were everywhere! I'm returning the blanket (we got this one) but i wanted to know if anyone could recommend a great one that 100% does NOT leak the filling. Looking on Amazon I can't find one that doesn't have at least a few reviews about the filling leaking. Money is no object, just looking for the best. Thanks!

We took the weighted blanket plunge and slept with one last night for the first time. Got the 20 pound and I LOVED it. Slept great. However, the blanket leaks the tiny glass beads and when we woke up it felt like sand was all over the bed. The tiny little beads were everywhere! I'm returning the blanket (we got this one) but i wanted to know if anyone could recommend a great one that 100% does NOT leak the filling. Looking on Amazon I can't find one that doesn't have at least a few reviews about the filling leaking. Money is no object, just looking for the best. Thanks!
I had a similar problem with my Quility blanket. Except the beads didn't leak, they did however come loose from their housings and made a pool at the bottom of my blanket. Effectively destroying the whole idea of a weighted blanket.

Kudos to Quility though, they sent me a new one without hesitation. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread