What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (2 Viewers)

Interesting stuff all around. Just checking in to say that I took a look at all the teams and can't really comment in too much detail because I'm not into doing startups unless I'm participating in the league for sure for a long while, and I haven't come across any of those. It's also hard to comment without knowing what future capital the teams hold, what they're looking to do in terms of win now/win later, what kind of trades actually went on, etc., so it's sort of meaningless, chiming in about players or any individual's draft.  But this looks like a good time with some knowledgeable people, so good luck to everybody.
Yeah I was thinking that, too, that without the future capital and the trade history it would be hard to gauge. We've talked about quite a few of them upthread but all in all I don't feel like there were any big blockbusters. That I can remember. A couple 1sts and 2nds here and there were given (like mine). 

Yeah I was thinking that, too, that without the future capital and the trade history it would be hard to gauge. We've talked about quite a few of them upthread but all in all I don't feel like there were any big blockbusters. That I can remember. A couple 1sts and 2nds here and there were given (like mine). 
Yeah, I saw some discussion of trades and the thinking behind them in the write-ups, too. I'm more reluctant to comment because I haven't done one single start-up even as a mock this year, so I don't know where guys are going. Reading the write-ups, everyone seemed to have real and rational reasons why they did what they did. Looks good. Hope you guys had and will continue to have fun with this.

Yeah, I saw some discussion of trades and the thinking behind them in the write-ups, too. I'm more reluctant to comment because I haven't done one single start-up even as a mock this year, so I don't know where guys are going. Reading the write-ups, everyone seemed to have real and rational reasons why they did what they did. Looks good. Hope you guys had and will continue to have fun with this.
Yeah it was a real polite draft. And everyone was sharp. There were not value picks to be had in the later rounds in the same way there was in earlier startups. Might be as much a function of coming in June after the NFL draft and after all our FFPC rookie drafts, but this was the kind of draft if you wanted a guy you had to take him.

Yeah it was a real polite draft. And everyone was sharp. There were not value picks to be had in the later rounds in the same way there was in earlier startups. Might be as much a function of coming in June after the NFL draft and after all our FFPC rookie drafts, but this was the kind of draft if you wanted a guy you had to take him.
Hard to beat the market when there's no information gap or tremendous disparity of thoughts about the valuation of guys between the drafting parties. I'm sure there was some, but I take it you'd need a finer-toothed comb in this instance. 

Hard to beat the market when there's no information gap or tremendous disparity of thoughts about the valuation of guys between the drafting parties. I'm sure there was some, but I take it you'd need a finer-toothed comb in this instance. 
Yeah basically. Or to be willing to mortgage too much value to move up even farther. We weren't finding any diamonds the others weren't finding. It was just a matter of when.

Ok, folks, the draft is in the books, how did we do?

https://twitter.com/Ship_Chaser/status/1407119102208970774
Just going to add my write up for what I wanted my team to be and how I felt like it went. I am team "L" from NE Revival's tweet.

We had a video meeting talking about a lot of the early round format so I won't revisit that. But my strategy basically came down to RB's/youth/upside in the early rounds. I wanted a few "mainstays" that gave me positional advantage but it didn't quite go my way, so I decided to load up on RB early and hope that's enough. 

I knew I wanted WR's in the mid/late rounds so I was banking on that. We got to the 6th round and I had 6 or so WR's I was targeting. Felt trading down was fine and left the 6th for a future 1st and a 15th. Ended up still getting one of my guys in the 7th. That happened a good bit in this draft, I wanted a guy or two, traded down a few spots and usually still got my guy. That's a sign I'm higher on someone than the entire league, which odds are I'm wrong ha. Anyways I went for it and picked up future picks along with a very young team. 

As for the rounds 8-9 since TE didn't go my way I felt the need to swing. There were a few TE's I really like there. Tonyan for TD upside or a larger role on offense could be huge. Trautman the same since there's only 2 other pass catchers worth worrying about there and Jameis could be chucking it around. 

10-13 was my sweet spot for high upside hopefuls. So I filled my holes there and took more guys I love. Gabriel Davis, Elijah Mitchell, Bryan Edwards, and Denzel Mims. I'm not as high on Mims anymore, but he still has that #1 upside. I like Mitchell more than Sermon and I'll take the discount in ADP. Edwards is the #1 and that was a guy I NEEDED to have from last year. 

After those picks I basically chose my personal favorites from different recent draft classes. 

If you've been on these forums a while you know who almost all my WR picks were. Basically guy's that I had been pounding the table for. Either starting their thread or being the guy who posted the most about them. Bryan Edwards, Denzel Mims, PRESTON WILLIAMS (obviously, I wrote his fan club intro), Michael Gallup, Gabriel Davis and Tee Higgins. I felt youth was essential (as I always do in startups), but upside was even more important. In a year, I feel all of them could/will be #1's on offenses or at worst the 1b. They were my favorite prospects from the past 2-3 years so I decided this team was going to be that. A group of my favorites and see where the chips fall. 

After my RB, RB, RB start, I enjoyed the draft so much because it was almost always a guy I was targeting was who I was picking. There were only a few cases that a guy I was planning on didn't make it to me. Waddle in the 6th, which lead to the trade down. Bateman in the 7th (pivoted to Gallup), Zack Moss in the 8th (went to TE instead which worked out well), Darrell Henderson/Jamaal Williams was the target in 11 but they went just before and so I started my favorite player run. 

Overall I'm very happy with the draft, and I enjoyed it a lot due to the fact that value was hard to come by. And the fact that I got lots of players I planted my flag on, it's very much a fan team. I know I'm higher on most of them than probably the whole league so future value might be completely off. But it was fun. I've got two future 1sts (including my own), two future 2nds, and three 3rd's. I'm happy with that capital for the future and the young hopeful team I've assembled. 

I talked about some of the early rounds on the chat last night, but here is the full recap on team D from that tweet screenshot in the post above. My overall plan going into this draft was to get a young team that might be able to compete year 1, but I wanted to have a good window with ascending players. If a majority of my team can be ranked higher next offseason, then I think that could be a good test if I drafted well. Mostly I wanted to pick guys that I like and have a fun team to root for. I drew the 11 slot and so I figured the top tier RBs would be gone and they were.

1.11 DK Metcalf – I went in thinking I wanted a WR/RB most likely to start, either DK or JJ or AJB here. I don’t own any DK shares, so I diversified a bit and got a 23 year old stud WR to start. I considered Swift here also, but team G grabbed AJB/Swift at the turn, so I went ahead and doubled down on young stud WRs…

2.2 CeeDee Lamb – This pick I was excited about Lamb and this gives my team the best WR duo in the league, but 0 RBs until 3.11 scared me a bit. Surely one of the young guns like Sanders or rookies like ETN or Javonte will slip to me and I can build an ideal start here. Oops.

3.11 Austin Ekeler – So all the RBs I had hoped would fall and Hockenson all went right ahead of me, so I might consider this a bit of a panic move. I do have Ekeler in other spots, and I am bullish on him short term. I think the LAC upgraded the Oline and running a Saints-like playbook with him as Kamara-lite sounds pretty good for a couple years.

In retrospect I could have traded up to ensure I get one my desired targets. Lesson learned as I approached the rest of the draft from the perspective that you guys were always going to make the quality picks, and I need to move up if I want someone.

4.2 David Montgomery – I wanted to make sure I grabbed 2 of the last RBs before tier dropped off on my board. I think Montgomery is underrated as he isn’t as flashy as some other guys, but he performed as a 23 year old on a mediocre offense last year. Fields should be a bigtime upgrade there soon, and I like him as my RB2.

5.11 Mike Gesicki – 8 TEs off the board in a TE premium league. I LOVE Gesicki and was thrilled to be able to snag him here. He’s an athletic beast with top tier upside, but obviously there is some target risk with improved WR group in Mia and if Tua can make a leap here.

6.2 Devonta Smith – I felt like this was too good of value here to pass up. If you think in terms of rookie drafts, pick 1.5 Javonte Williams went 3.6, and then 1.6 was Michael Carter 1 pick before me here. I like Waddle and him both quite a bit despite their small stature. A few other WR I liked were still on the board.

7.2 Joe Burrow – I traded 7.11, 8.2, 14.2 for 7.2, 8.11, 14.11 with team I to move up to get the last QB in my tier with guys that went in rounds 5-6. I don’t know if anyone would have snapped him up in front of me, but seems likely. Now 5 of my 7 picks are under 25 forming a nice young core.

8.11 Damien Harris – The early down NE back is still only 24. He has some TD upside when they move on from Cam. RB is pretty personal preference and thin at this point of the draft.

At this point, can’t recall what I was thinking moving down from 9.11 to 10.11, but I moved up in round 11 and got a 3rd and then subsequently moving up from 10.2 to 9.12 again and paying a 3rd. Maybe it was Pittman going just a few picks before, but I did these moves for some reason lol.

9.12 Cole Kmet – I really like Cole as TE2 in this league and Trautman and 3 other TE went off board earlier in the round, so maybe that influenced my trade up to get him. Adding another 22 year old talented player on what should be an ascending offense worked for me here.

10.11 Marquise Brown – We discussed the Ravens pass offense a bit last night, but I feel like overall the community is a little too sour on Brown. Happy to add a 4th WR of his caliber here.

11.2 Devin Singletary – I was sniped by 11.1 on Darrell Henderson. I feel like with Moss going 8.5 that this was a good value for Singletary. He is going to keep a decent share of the backfield and has potential for more with any Moss injury in a great offense.

13.11 Dyami Brown – Loved watching him make big plays for UNC and feel like he’ll be a great addition to Washington’s passing game. This was approx. the 20th rookie off the board and one of the last ones I felt passionate about.

14.4 David Johnson – Sir, you’re not allowed to draft 28 year olds. Houston sucks and he’s old, but he’s a starting RB who catches a lot of passes. This makes sense in round 14 as my RB5.

14.7 Tua Tagovailoa – Considered several things here, but I feel like Tua is going to make that leap and improve his value. The other QBs left at this point were just vets who can fill in admirably.

15.6 Mecole Hardman – I don’t think I had ever expressed which team I grew up rooting for on FBG until last night’s video. I don’t think this is a homer pick, but let me know. A young and fast starting WR with Mahomes - yes please in round 15.

15.11 Dawson Knox – Sucker for guys who are training up their weaknesses as I read he was working on some hand/eye coordination hard core this offseason. He’s a young TE with potential for more catching balls from Josh Allen. Fits perfectly on my squad.

17.11 Salvon Ahmed – already proved it on the field a bit for Miami last year. This is a RB dart throw that could be useful.

18.7 Wil Lutz – can’t believe I took a K before round 20, but 6 were already taken so what the heck.

19.11 Brevin Jordan – rookie TE on Houston slipped a bit in the NFL draft to round 5. Maybe I can hold him through cuts next year, but we’ll see.

20.2 49ers defense – 2 All pros under 25 years old. Good enough as the 10th defense off the board.

I may not have hit up all the later round pick swaps I did, but net I picked up a 22 4th and swapped 3rds. I like my team and had a blast during this draft. This was the hardest draft I've ever done, and I really enjoyed the challenge you guys provided me with. Some of the player research I did should help me with other leagues. Video call was awesome too. Looking forward to reading the other writeups and any criticism of any of my picks. 

I’m Team G.  I’ve been pretty busy at work  this week and I missed the chat last night so I’ll just go briefly through my thought process here.  First, I’ll say that I expect most people here to hate my draft.  I kind of went against the consensus in some cases.   I have mixed feelings about it myself as usually I’m a big believer in loading up on young WR’s early but I went with a little different strategy here. 

1.12/2.1 – I went with AJ Brown and Swift here.  If Metcalf had fallen to me here I would have preferred going with Metcalf/Brown here but with him gone I thought there was too big a dropoff to my next WR (Lamb) so it came down to a choice between Swift and Najee and I went with the more talented player (IMO).

3.12/4.1 –  DJ Moore/Josh Jacobs.   I was really hoping for Hockenson here and I probably should have traded up to get him but I didn’t.  Jacobs is one of the anti-consensus picks.   At RB20 he’s a huge bargain IMO but I know many people see him as an avoid.  I’m happy with the pick though.

5.12/6.1 – Gaskin/Michael Carter.   Gaskin was my second anti-consensus pick at RB24.  I know he’s undersized, not particularly fast no draft capital but every time I watched him last year he looked good as a runner, receiver and in pass pro, and he has no real competition for the starting job.  I think the Miami coaching staff likes him a lot more than the fantasy community does.  The two players I was targeting here that didn’t fall to me were Goedert and Claypool.

7.3 – I traded up to get Chase Edmonds.  Who I considered to be the last of the fairly young starting RB’s.

8.1 – Russell Wilson.  In FFPC 1QB leagues the QB position should be treated as if it’s a redraft league.  There’s always plenty of good QB’s to be had in the middle rounds of rookie/FA drafts.  I love Wilson this year with the Rams passing game coordinator taking over as OC.

I traded away my 9.12 as part of the deal to move up to get Edmonds.  I was expecting to take a TE at 10.1 but all the guys I was interested in went off the board in the TE run in round 9 so I traded down.  At this point I knew I wouldn’t be taking a TE before round 13.

10.10 – Corey Davis.  Another anti-consensus pick here.  I’m still a believer in his talent.

11.10 – Kenyon Drake

11.12/12.1 – Brandin Cooks/Darnell Mooney.   Cooks should way outperform his draft position this year and probably for the next few years regardless of who the QB is.   A screaming bargain at this price IMO.

13.12/14.1.  Everett/Firkser.  I finally break the TE seal here.   I was thinking about Hayden Hurst here but since his ADP in recent FFPC drafts was round 18 I thought for sure I’d get him at the end of round 15.  I should have known that wouldn’t happen here.  As it is I feel like I got one high ceiling guy (Everett) and one high floor guy (Firskser).

15.12/16.1 – Ebron/Hunter Long.  Since I waited so long on TE’s I figured I needed to take 4 of them.   We'll see how this plays out.  I don't think I've ever waited on TE this long in FFPC startups.

17.3 – Baker Mayfield.  The best of the remaining QBs on my board.

17.12/18.1 – Byron Pringle/Rams Def.   Pringle was the last of my position players drafted, which usually will be a player I end up cutting in one of the first free agent bidding sessions.  For that reason I always try to go for someone who has a chance (even if it’s a small chance) to increase their stock in preseason.

19.12 – Jason Myers.  No comment needed. He’s a kicker.

I enjoyed the post draft chat more than I thought I would and wished we had more time to discuss decisions that were made and players that were taken. Each draft is different and I went into it with an open mind, but was leaning more toward winning now and being aggressive than I normally am.

1.2   Jonathan Taylor -  Like most I wanted to trade back, no serious offers.

2.11 Stefon Diggs -  Would have loved Mixon here, adp was Zeke but thought I could get him after turn and took best wr otb.

3.2   Ezekiel Elliot  -  Quite happy to get Zeke here and from then on shifted focus to win this yr and next mode.

3.10 Patrick Mahomes -  Trade up, rarely trade my future 1st so a bit out of my comfort zone, but once I took Zeke I wanted to be aggressive. Thought Monty might want the Hill\Mahomes stack and was a little surprised when he accepted my offer.  If I'm trading away my future 1st I want a proven player and imo Mahomes is the best qb in the lg and even at qb pos he is a difference maker. Trading up for a qb in a single qb lg is not a good strategy and yet I did it anyway. I was looking at who would be available at 6.11 and I felt in this case it was worth it. In the end I essentially traded C. Carson and a mid to late 2022 1st (hopefully) for Mahomes and I think that's a win. 

4.11 Allen Robinson - Was going wr here, happy to take Arob.

5.2  Chris Godwin - QBs are going but for me it is rinse, repeat on wr; Godwin\Evans was a Sophie's choice type pick for me.

6.11 Traded away - Ended up C. Carson.

7.2   Traded away - Ended up J. Burrow. I wanted another rb here and was targeting Dillon and thought I had at least a 50-50 chance to get him at 7.11. Sadly Bombjack broke my heart and took Dillon at 7.5. Forced to make the pick I probably would have gone with Kupp. Instead I fall back 9 picks in the 7th to  move up 9 in the 8th and 14th.

7.11 Cooper Kupp - After drying my tears over Dillon I was happy to take Kupp and crossed my fingers Pollard would make it thru the turn.

8.2  Tony Pollard - Had I got Dillon I'm most likely going wr here (was always going to be Dillon or Pollard not both), but thrilled to get Pollard as consolation prize.

9.2  Tyler Higbee - Wanted a te here and was really eyeing Higbee or Thomas. With 11 picks to go before my next pick I made a few failed attempts to move up to get one of them.  Both ended up being there and I went with Higbee. I immediately felt like I should have taken Thomas, but fwiw chat clearly felt otherwise.  

9.11 Logan Thomas - Not sure why Thomas lingered, but I made the move to go and get him. Gave 10.11, 11.2 and 2022 3rd for the 9.11 & 11.11. Looking back on the trades that happened afterward I over payed here, but I don't think it was by all that much and I got my guy.

10.22  - Traded away, ended up as Marquise Brown.

11.11 Will Fuller - Eyeing Gabriel Davis, surprised and disappointed to see him go early; I have him on a lot of my teams. Held my nose and settled on Fuller who I have never owned prior to this yr. Probably why I was willing to take a chance here (never been burned by him), that and it was a bit later than his adp.

12.11 Trade away, ended up as A. Hooper. I had no intention of trading out here and when offered a lesser deal I replied back that it would take a lot more to move me off the pick. Received an offer from a different owner and having traded away my 1st I felt getting back a future 2nd was too good to pass up. Gave the 12.11 for the 14.8 and a future 2nd.

13.2 Dwayne Eskridge - I think he is in a good spot, now can he play?

Normally at this point in the draft I am taking a lot dart throws at rookies and young players but instead focused on taking players to help me now.

14.2 Darrynton Evans - I don't think he is just a potential handcuff and believe he could see a lot of 3rd down work regardless.    

14.8 Jarvis Landry - Much like Fuller, Landry is a guy I own nowhere, but late 14th rd I felt this was pretty good value for a win now team.

14.11 O.J. Howard - Trade up, 15.2 & future 5th, felt Howards upside was well worth it

16.11 Def Washington , 17.2  Justin Tucker, 18.11 Tarik Cohen, 19.2   Ty Johnson - Ambiguous backfield

20.11 Taysom Hill -  Could be the starter and if he is he will have decent value, if not I move on.

Future picks - traded away 1st, 3rd & 5th; added a 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:
3.12/4.1 –  DJ Moore/Josh Jacobs.   I was really hoping for Hockenson here and I probably should have traded up to get him but I didn’t.  Jacobs is one of the anti-consensus picks.   At RB20 he’s a huge bargain IMO but I know many people see him as an avoid.  I’m happy with the pick though.
I really like the Jacobs pick.  I suppose I'm anti-consensus too, then.  He should be a high RB2, possibly RB1 if they get their line and coaching together, for 3-4 years.  That's nothing to sneeze at.

Just started my FPC draft and I drew the 1.01. I might be over-thinking this, but I didn't want to draft CMC and have him on BYE in the first round of the playoffs. I hope I don't regret this, but I went with Kelce.

I still haven't done my writeup of our draft from my slot. Nor transcribed our video chat. But if you guys would like to do the follow up video chat we talked about let me know your availability over the next couple weeks. Maybe a W or TH? I'm thinking I may just pay for the upgrade to a premium so we don't have to worry about the time length. 

Also spoke with Balky about having one or more of us on the HSFF to talk about this league and draft but not sure what will happen there.

Ok here is my write-up of the startup we did in early June. Back when dinosaurs roamed the world it seems like so long ago.

1.08 Jefferson - I wanted to start with a top WR and felt confident that if I hustled I could come out of the first 4 rounds with two quality RBs. That is my main goal coming out of a startup in this format. My intention was to take my first RB in the 2nd round but....

2.07 Kelce - As 2.05 approached (I don't remember if the trade was OTC or not) I realized that moving back just a little would probably work fine for me. I had CEH and Gibson at the top of my board, along with Chase and Kelce and might have considered reaching for Dobbins at the 2.07 that I traded back to. I felt comfortable enough to do so and @menobrownoffered me a 5th/4th draft bump (along with me giving him a 7th/8th bump on the other side) to move up the two spots to 2.05. I would have bet my house he would take CEH and he did. At this point I started getting cold feet about Gibson and his toe situation. I have many shares of him and decided I was going to go with Chase if he was still there. But @jabaronymoved up and snagged him. I thought it was a great trade for him. So although I had no plans of taking Kelce in a startup, and in fact I don't know if I have ever drafted a player over the age of 26 in the first several rounds, I took what I consider to be the biggest single advantage in all of FF, regardless of format. Maybe I can flip him for a ransom later. He can certainly help me win now.

3.04 ETN - Once I drafted Kelce it was an immediate pivot towards trying to move up and acquire more picks and/or better picks, particularly to get RBs. I was probably going to do this regardless of how I started the first two rounds but I had no luck striking a deal around the 2nd/3rd turn as Dobbins and Zeke came off the board. I had ETN and Javonte Williams as the last two young RBs in a tier that I'd want to move up for and I had 3.08 coming up. I spent an entire future 2nd round draft pick to move up 4 spots to 3.04 to grab ETN. I would have done the same move for J Williams. Based on our chat afterwards it became clear I would not have been able to get either of them if I had sat tight at 3.08 so I love the move for my squad.

4.03 Aiyuk - One of my favorite 2nd year WRs coming into 2021. I'm not as excited about the ability of a rookie running QB on a running team to support multiple receiver options. But I really think he is going to ascend to the alpha role in this offense, even above Kittle, as early as week 1 this year. He is that good. Talent over situation. But I don't hate the situation the way many do. This was a little bit of a reach based on ADP but this was a guy I wasn't leaving this round without getting. I moved my future 1st and 6.05/9.08 to move up to 4.03/8.03. This gave me 4.03/4.05/4.07. I didn't want to leave without Sermon either but in hindsight I wish I had taken McLaurin at 4.05 instead because I suspect I could have still got Sermon at 4.07.

4.05 Sermon - The last of the good young RBs (that I consider to be undervalued) and indeed the next back didn't go until 5.12, again at 6.01 and not again until 6.09. I'm sort of tired of defending the drafting of Sermon as I just wanna let this one play out and I'll point to the scoreboard later. I don't mean just here but in redraft, too. They're going to run the ball a lot and they moved up in the draft to get him and I think he can be elite in their zone scheme. 1/2 punch with him and Mostert sounds like a predictable enough rotation to me. Wilson out until week 8 and he is JAG. Gallman was never more than depth. E Mitchell takes the 2 role from Mostert by midseason. All paths lead to Sermon crushing. I need this one to hit, though. 

4.07 Andrews - I think he has the highest TD upside in the NFL at the position, along with Kelce. He will have some worse floor games and he won't get as many receptions. But his targets will be more efficient this year as I believe the Ravens offense bounces back. If I do move Kelce this is a good hedge. Then I don't feel the necessity to move Kelce for another TE per se. Was really hoping McLaurin would fall to me here but I wasn't leaving without both the Niners. And I love Andrews.

**NOTE** Aside from talking about the composition of my team or the actual names involved, from a general umbrella statement point of view in terms of strategy, at this point in the draft I have taken 6 players out of a total of only 43 players drafted. This is the most fundamental and consistent part of my startup strategy. To get as much of that top talent as I can. I happen to think much of this next gap in my draft is made up of many, many players that I would rather fade anyway. There are only a few names I like in the 5th and 6th rounds so I truly don't mind moving out of them. 6/43 is 14%. 1/12 teams is 8% (if we didn't make any trades). I don't know if that means anything if my guys miss but this idea is central to my strategy. Anyway.

7.01 Chark - I gave my 5th and 6th picks in earlier trades. I moved 8.03/10.05 to get to 7.01/14.12 to take Chark here. I think Lawrence can unlock him in a way that can be league winning. News about Marvin Jones has not been encouraging to me since then and neither was the Coach Meyer talk about Chark playing small last year. But I think Chark can be a stud in this offense. We shall see. As for trading more and more picks to move up, I knew I was not likely to really hit on later picks because of the sharks in this room. Better to aggregate closer to the premium picks than to move back (in this room). 

7.10 Fields - I don't give a ton of value to QBs in single QB format, but I really wanted my guy here. I think he can be a difference maker at the position and I will get him for many years to come. And I'm a Bears fan. I moved 8.05/12.05/2022 3rd for 7.10/14.03 here. I suspect Fields would have made it back to me at 8.05 but I wasn't so confident in that and I am a go up and get your guy kind of drafter. 

8.07 T Marshall - My #2 WR in this class I think his landing spot is sneaky good. I am pretty big on fading DJ Moore and Robby Anderson this year because this guy is going to carve his role. He may not emerge enough to be worth starting, but with CMC there I think Robby and Moore are being way overdrafted right now. This guy was drafted to be the alpha and he is going to take that role in year 1. Or so I hope. But I love this guy and I think he is this year's Higgins/Jefferson. I *could* have a really high octane WR corps to go along with probably the very top TE group. RB is really the biggest question mark (and a big one), but I feel like I have built a perennial winner at this point. I will need to gain RB strength and depth and future capital.

10.12 Gainwell - The guy was incredibly productive at Memphis and looked really good to me. Poor draft class but he went to a Philly team with a new coaching staff that isn't emotionally invested in Sanders and where Boston Scott is the only competition for meaningful 3rd down and backup touches. He is never going to be a league winning RB but I need depth and receiving backs are a good place to start. 

14.03 Palmer - The Chargers WR room is crowded but what the heck they took him pretty high and Mike Williams may be moving on after this year. Allen isn't getting younger. If I can afford to stash this guy it may pay off. Could be a decent trade piece for me to offer. IDK.

14.05 Jacob Harris - TE Rams - The next Megatron. No brainer. Next pick. JK but I hear he just had core muscle surgery so nevermind. A 2nd probably buys him from me. 

14.12 Gage - I was higher on him a month ago than I am now. But whatever this my WR6. 

15.08 Doaks - RB Dolphins - I don't believe Gaskin is going to get the early down or goalline work. It is going to be Malcolm Brown or this guy. Dart throw.

16.05 Granson - TE Colts - Reich called him the guy for the Burton role and early camp returns look good. Wentz going down is a mystery. 

16.12 M Brown - see Doaks

17.08 Winston - If Fields doesn't start right away this is my "insurance" option. I think he wins the Saints job, although I agree with the take that now that Thomas is hurt it could swing towards Taysom. But I'll find other streaming options if I need them.

Legatron and Patriots defense and I also took:

20.05 - Strachan WR Colts - size speed specimen that I've heard good things about. IDK.

Ok there it is. 

4,8 and 9 for me.

I like to hear out of the box thinking and you can definitely win anywhere but I'd have been ecstatic to draw 1.1.
I think the top 8 is as unsettled as I have seen it. I expect that often in the 9 spot you will end up with somebody ranked in your top 4. 

I didn't want 1. I think 8 or 9 is probably really good this year 
KDS KDS KDS......everyone should get their choice and while most would just go 1-2-3-4-5 ect some would not.

You should get 1st pick of where you want to pick and not get forced into pick 1.

The NFFC does KDS (and for good reason with 3RR) but no one else does such a thing.

Well I realize this question is kind of tricky now with so many of us being in an FFPC league together, but I'm going to try and just approach this thread like I would have before and if I tip my hand for that league oh well. 

Callaway and Ty'Son Williams are available in almost all of my FFPC leagues for this first waiver run.  What are people thinking these guys are going to take to land in FFPC blind bidding?  It seems like in most of my high dollar leagues there is at least one owner (usually several) that go nuts and bid like $800+ on the first big pre-season FA bid of the year, and I think Callaway and Williams are both at least as strong a candidate for that role as usual.

I was thinking $200 on Callaway and ~$300 on Williams but I'm not sure if that's gonna get it done.

Well I realize this question is kind of tricky now with so many of us being in an FFPC league together, but I'm going to try and just approach this thread like I would have before and if I tip my hand for that league oh well. 

Callaway and Ty'Son Williams are available in almost all of my FFPC leagues for this first waiver run.  What are people thinking these guys are going to take to land in FFPC blind bidding?  It seems like in most of my high dollar leagues there is at least one owner (usually several) that go nuts and bid like $800+ on the first big pre-season FA bid of the year, and I think Callaway and Williams are both at least as strong a candidate for that role as usual.

I was thinking $200 on Callaway and ~$300 on Williams but I'm not sure if that's gonna get it done.
Sony Michael as well 

Thoughts on draft position moves after the Thursday game. I think Brown moves up a round. I expect both QBs to move up boards. Elliott probably falls, maybe to late 1st 

Thoughts on draft position moves after the Thursday game. I think Brown moves up a round. I expect both QBs to move up boards. Elliott probably falls, maybe to late 1st 
Gronk probably going in the 8th rd. now.  Brown 5-6-7th rd.  Got Brady in the 9th-10th in two drafts.  no way he lasts now.  Cooper probably still 3rd rd.  Zeke-2nd rd.  IMO

Gronk probably going in the 8th rd. now.  Brown 5-6-7th rd.  Got Brady in the 9th-10th in two drafts.  no way he lasts now.  Cooper probably still 3rd rd.  Zeke-2nd rd.  IMO
I would probably be tempted by Cooper late 2nd. He is basically a guaranteed week 1 win.

I am here.
my son Patrick just landed.  His team name is Sauced Leprechauns.  Not sure of his league but he is drafting main event with a buddy.  He is staying at Planet Hollywood & will be up all night drinking & gambling & I mean all night.  He is young & has my blessing.  good luck dude.  Will be there next year.

Looks like there's one completed online Main Event draft from this morning. Lamb went 2.03 (WR6). Amari went 2.08 (WR8). Zeke went 2.09 (RB12). Godwin 3.01, Gronk 5.04 (TE6). Dak 6.03 (QB3). 

There's an ongoing draft right now where Amari went 1.06. 😂

Until 2019, I drafted (with friends) our Main Event team in-person at 10 am on the Saturday before the season every year for 10 years. I loved looking at the completed boards and seeing how the Thursday game affected player movement. My favorite year was 2013, when Peyton Manning threw for six TDs and jumped to the first round of Main Event drafts. 

Looks like there's one completed online Main Event draft from this morning. Lamb went 2.03 (WR6). Amari went 2.08 (WR8). Zeke went 2.09 (RB12). Godwin 3.01, Gronk 5.04 (TE6). Dak 6.03 (QB3). 

keep us updated.  I love the atmosphere around the main event.  perfect venue for a bunch of football fanatics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the jump in those player values is about right what I thought.  Zeke-2nd round for sure, but a great value there IMO>

M. Evans probably 7th-8th round now?

phandango said:

Looked at a bunch of boards this morning. Seeing Cooper as high as 1st round. Zeke is consistently falling into the 2nd or even 3rd round. I will probably end up taking hom at 2.2.Gronk in the 4th. Less movement on Godwin or the QBs than I expected. 

Looked at a bunch of boards this morning. Seeing Cooper as high as 1st round. Zeke is consistently falling into the 2nd or even 3rd round. I will probably end up taking hom at 2.2.Gronk in the 4th. Less movement on Godwin or the QBs than I expected. 

Saw someone post his board on Twitter this morning. The movement of Amari and Lamb to the second round is pushing down other guys. I saw a team start with CMC, then Kittle and Barkley, and then the second pick got Kelce, Jefferson and Taylor at 3.02. 

Was expecting to get blasted on this, and righteously so

Penguin traded D.Henderson, C. Sutton & 2022 3rd rd pick

Phandango traded J.Waddle and 2022 2nd rd pick

Total overpay on my end. Maybe too much Tito's when I made the offer but I really like Waddle, even with Tua. If Miami moves on from Tua next year I like Waddle even more. Sutton, ugh, I feel like Bridgewater dialed into Juedy. Yes Juedy is out 6+ weeks but I think that favors KJ Hamler over Sutton. Teddy B and Sutton seem to have no chemistry. Drew Lock would have been the starter that Sutton needed. Henderson, who knows. The Rams thought highly enough of him to draft Akers early. Post injury Akers may never materialize but Sony Micheal was brought in and who knows about next year.

Bottom line: strill an overpay any way you slice it, chalk it up to The Mighty Penguiski planting his flag with Waddle

Total overpay on my end. Maybe too much Tito's when I made the offer but I really like Waddle, even with Tua. If Miami moves on from Tua next year I like Waddle even more. Sutton, ugh, I feel like Bridgewater dialed into Juedy. Yes Juedy is out 6+ weeks but I think that favors KJ Hamler over Sutton. Teddy B and Sutton seem to have no chemistry. Drew Lock would have been the starter that Sutton needed. Henderson, who knows. The Rams thought highly enough of him to draft Akers early. Post injury Akers may never materialize but Sony Micheal was brought in and who knows about next year.

Bottom line: strill an overpay any way you slice it, chalk it up to The Mighty Penguiski planting his flag with Waddle
Have to admit I prefer the Sutton side, but if you like someone go and get them and fwiw you have a real nice team. 

I don’t know. You like Waddle and you upgrade a rookie pick? I think it’s pretty even to me. 
I know it’s only week 1 but my "win now" team better, um, win now. 

I recall my initial thought seeing the trade was something along the lines of, ok. So I thought it was pretty fair. Like Joey said you got the WR you preferred and upgraded a rookie pick. 

Probably boils down to people's feelings on Henderson. I'm not that high on him but really the better way for me to phrase that is that despite what McVay has been saying I just don't think they are that high on Henderson, and for reasons I've yet to fully understand just refuse to use him much in the passing game.  I mean Henderson to my eye test looks really good, I just think once Sony gets acclimated it's a full blown RBB. While both are healthy anyway. Henderson still have value of course but I put that value as something more like a mid to high second myself so if I look at that way it's pretty even trade to get the guy you want.

Yeah, I thought it's a pretty fair trade as well. Phandango had the depth to take a shot and upgrade the RB spot. None of these guys are proven, but at you trade the two with a little two season stink but still promising for the Waddle, getting the guy you want.

Penguin traded

D. Henderson

C. Sutton

& 2022 3rd rd pick

Phandango traded

J. Waddle

and 2022 2nd rd pick

Total overpay on my end. Maybe too much Tito's when I made the offer but I really like

Waddle

, even with Tua. If Miami moves on from Tua next year I like

Waddle

even more.

Sutton

, ugh, I feel like

Bridgewater

dialed into Juedy. Yes Juedy is out 6+ weeks but I think that favors KJ

Hamler

over

Sutton

. Teddy B and

Sutton

seem to have no chemistry.

Drew Lock

would have been the starter that

Sutton

needed.

Henderson

, who knows. The Rams thought highly enough of him to draft

Akers

early. Post injury

Akers

may never materialize but Sony Micheal was brought in and who knows about next year.

Bottom line: strill an overpay any way you slice it, chalk it up to The Mighty Penguiski planting his flag with

Waddle
I also thought this was a pretty fair deal.  I actually like your side a little more.  Waddle is the most valuable asset in this deal by a pretty wide margin IMO.

I feel a little better after reading everyone's thoughts on that trade. When I initially woke up after the deal had been accepted I was having 2nd thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread