What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

So far we haven't even touched maybe the most obvious nuance of FFPC:

TE Premium 1.5 PPR - and there are 2 flex spots so you can start 3 TEs if needed/wanted - I'm stepping away but anyone feel free to run with this one (or anything else). My take is that this is a big factor but I think people over estimate how big of a deal it is (on draft day that is). Having a solid second TE (if such a thing even exists in the current landscape) can be a difference maker during injuries/byes/etc. And a marginal performance can get you through the week. As has been said in every format, Kelce is like a cheat code right now and that is even more true in this format. And it colors any kind of objective debate we might have about these nuances. Because he just destroys the position. Almost any strategy or approach has to acknowledge or navigate the question of how to deal with the top heavy TE field where the rest is either streamable or easily acquired. 

Are people really going to take Pitts in the 1st round this year? And then hold him? I know I know landing spot.
I've been playing the FFPC format since 2011 and dynasty since 2017. It's probably my favorite platform right now. 

I think Pitts will go in the top six in 1QB leagues, depending on landing spots for the RBs who aren't Etienne and Najee. My feeling on rookie TEs in FFPC leagues is that it's so incredibly hard to use those roster spots to hold on to them. It's so rare for a rookie TE to contribute right away, even with supposed can't-miss prospects like Hockenson and Fant, but in order to land guys like that, you have to draft them in the first round. Ideally, you want your first-round pick to contribute right away in a format like FFPC, because otherwise they're clogging your roster. At least with RBs, they almost always appreciate in value after their rookie seasons, so even if you whiffed on a guy like Ke'shawn Vaughn, you have a decent shot at getting good value back eventually. But TEs are so weird in FFPC. I think it's true that owners often give up on TEs way too easily, but they also overpay in the preseason for sleepers like Higbee or Hurst. 

I do not value QBs at all in this FFPC 1QB format. I took over an orphan that needs some work and had Cousins, Burrow and Tua. The goal was to move 2 of the QBs. Since Cousins hold no ones interest I’ve been trying to slowly move Burrow and Tua for the past few weeks. I moved Burrow and 2022 3rd for Landry and 2022 2nd first because he was more sought after. Tua was not getting any bites. But after an owner made a trade that left his roster at 15 I quickly moved on the opportunity to fill out his roster for him for cheap. I got what I could, which was Tua, 4.05 for two (2) 2022 3rds. In total Tua and Burrow 4.05 (I don’t value anything past the 3rd) for Landry, 2022 2nd and 3rd. Not great return but it shows how little I think these two are difference makers at this position in this format. 

Anyone else have a league trade open up a selling window because the team now had below the 16 player cut line? I guess you just really have to pay attention for these small selling windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I  do not think Tua is not a top 20 fantasy QB. Burrow might come in around 10'ish. Those QB's have no value(Tua) to a little valeu(Burrow). When they can put up 25+ a game I think they should be valued.

Tua/Cousins are both easily cuttable in 1qb ffpc to me. So anything you got for them is a bonus. 

Burrow depends on what you think of the injury. Had that not happened I think he would have had good value. Remember Baker had a lot of value heading into his 2nd year even in 1qb leagues and Burrow was putting up a better rookie year than him. 

e. Remember Baker had a lot of value heading into his 2nd year even in 1qb leagues and Burrow was putting up a better rookie year than him. 
Not saying this after the fact but I never understood why Baker had value.

For me I kind of draw a line in the sand roughly around if I think you are 25+ PPG QB. Never came close to seeing that with Baker, Burrow might get there but I got him under that as well for now.

You can definitely win in 1QB FFPC leagues by streaming the position. I lost Dak in two leagues. In the first one, I still finished as the top seed. In the second league, I still made the playoffs. 

In 1QB head-to-head leagues, unless I have two top-10 QBs (which is pretty much never), I keep only one QB at cutdown. In 1QB best-ball leagues, I'll keep two QBs, because more of them tend to be rostered. 

Last year, I drafted Burrow at the 2.10 because my only other QB was Brady. I was able to flip Burrow and Jarwin for Dak. So If Lawrence falls to the 2nd and there's no one else interesting, I think it's an opportunity to draft and flip him for a more valuable vet or rookie. 

You can definitely win in 1QB FFPC leagues by streaming the position.
Yes you can but there are many ways to win.

Here is my thing and I'll use Burrow as an example.

I'm going to toss the one Mariotta game out and that puts Tom Brady as exactly QB10 last year in PPG, a tad under my 25PPG threshold but I'll use him anyway. He outscored Burrow by 2.84 points a game.

People seem dismissive of this but let's look at this way, if you take 2.84 points and apply the difference in PPG scoring to the #10 RB, WR and TE you end up with the RB22, WR24 and TE 25. You start to compare difference in say a 22 PPG QB vs a 27 PPG and it's kind of huge over course of the season.

The point I'm trying to make is a lot people seem deadset on not paying for a QB and if they don't have that top 10, 25+ type PPG QB seem content with notion it's deep and they can get a guy to hold down the fort so to speak, and you can for the most part.. But I think if you tell most people I'm turning your low end RB1 and WR1 to a low end RB2 or WR2 that registers as impactful to them. My contention is points are points.

But if he's what I think he will be, would it not make more sense to hold him over some fringe 14th guy? That I'd have a much easier time moving one of my 3 QB's in-season and I'd not just be releasing a player that another team will get cheap in rookie draft, possibly filling a hole in a competitor's lineup.

So I got one league that if today you made me do cuts I'd keep 3 QB's, 3 RB's, 3 TE's and 5 WR's.  How odd is that?  The RB is the obvious light position and under this approach I would be basically be cutting someone like Penny or Cohen as my RB4 in favor of carrying Jalen Hurts as my QB3.

Tell me how I'm wrong.
I don't think you're wrong. If he has the ability to be a top ~5 guy or to meet that 25 PPG threshold you were just posting about, then you absolutely would want to keep him vs say Penny or Cohen like in this example. I think the pendulum might swing towards really wanting to get a deal done with one of your QBs sooner than later though, if those fringe guys you're talking about are a cut above the Cohens and Pennys out there. In such a case I think the roster construction you're talking about is not optimal but in this case I would not hesitate to roll with 3 top end QBs if Penny or Cohen were the price. I like your other assessment of Penny having *some* chance this year so I would cut Cohen, who I loathe. 

As for it being easier to move one of the 3 inseason, I think that is a mixed bag. There is more flexibility on people's rosters so it is certainly easier for them to roster +1 QB. And if they are competing and think one of your 3 top end QBs can get it done, then there is probably not a better price for you than at that time. But, the increased roster sizes and flexibility also means it is less likely people are actually in need. I'm not sure if that is helpful, I think the take home is that it is hard to move QBs but you hate to lose value if they are one of those top ones. I still like the idea of including them in trade offers either right before cuts or during the draft as major draft bumps. That probably means rostering them through cuts until the draft. So again I think your approach makes sense. It also gives you more time to shop them during the rest of the offseason. 

Each league is so different, though, and some leagues just aren't that active. I don't know what the advice is for how to make things happen in those leagues. 

So here's a question for all the FFPC people. Since roster's are very restricted in the offseason, some teams like the depth, some like to package up for "studs". Half the time, that either I've seen or heard of, that package has lead to the package being much better in the long term. It's the wrong bet basically. 

So how do you manage that "depth" if you have it? I have multiple teams with 3-4 WR2 types, and then 1-2 WR1 types. Obviously I like all their ceilings and production in the coming year, but it's almost impossible for me to keep them all. Plus the lineup choice would be a nightmare at that point. 

At this time of year, nobody wants the package deal anyways. They want roster space and rookie picks. So how can you manage this issue? And if you have packaged them, did the bet go wrong? 

I feel like you got to take a multi-pronged approach to managing the depth this time of year..

In a perfect world one of two things would be accomplished.  Identify  top 14 keepers and get someone to give me reasonably proper value for the people I'm cutting or combine my cuts with top 14 identified keeper to upgrade a keeper or obtain a premium pick.

When that won't work to accomplish all my goals I move to next phase which would involve either taking under market value to move a cut and/or moving an identified top 14 keeper for market value and elevating a projected cut to the roster.

As an example I had a league this weekend were I ended up basically doing all of these things with exception of upgrading a top 14 keeper.

I identified my top 14 keepers, had Penny, AB, Jalen Hurts and Jeff Wilson as players I viewed as having some value I could not carry. Tried to include them in a package to updgrade a keeper. It failed. Tried to include multiple  identified keepers for an upgrade, that also failed. So I dealt Penny and Hurts and then reverted to trying to trade a keeper for a draft pick knowing that also meant I got to keep someone. So I ended up using the picks I got for Penny and Hurts along with dealing what was an identified keeper in JuJu for a pick which cleared a roster spot and bumped AB into keeper status.

I'm not saying this will work out for me, it might not, but end of the day I went from being faced with cutting Hurts, AB and Penny to getting something for two of them and essentially using some draft capital  I got for trading Hurts and Penny which I included with  JuJu to net me 1.6 and essentially net me  AB by virtue of getting to now keep him.  Put in simpler terms the difference in my roster vs if I did nothing and just cuts my players is I managed to turn JuJu into 1.6 and AB.  I could still lose on this deal so not a pat on the back here, just an example of a way I try and manage depth and get something out of players I can't keep.

In short, you kind of got to try everything or so you don't have to take pennies on the dollar or worse nothing if you can't fit everyone on the team.

So here's a question for all the FFPC people. Since roster's are very restricted in the offseason, some teams like the depth, some like to package up for "studs". Half the time, that either I've seen or heard of, that package has lead to the package being much better in the long term. It's the wrong bet basically. 

So how do you manage that "depth" if you have it? I have multiple teams with 3-4 WR2 types, and then 1-2 WR1 types. Obviously I like all their ceilings and production in the coming year, but it's almost impossible for me to keep them all. Plus the lineup choice would be a nightmare at that point. 

At this time of year, nobody wants the package deal anyways. They want roster space and rookie picks. So how can you manage this issue? And if you have packaged them, did the bet go wrong? 
I know this is nitpicky, but semantically if it is wrong half of the time, that means it is right the other half, no? Within some margin of error in either direction based on it being a loose observation in the first place? Such that if you believe in yourself and your scouting and your team management, all those intangibles, etc., that maybe, just maybe, you can flip this loose % to something closer to 60/40 in your favor, dare I say 66:33? 

Even if I'm wrong and it is just 50/50 or so, how much value does future correctness hold compared to current win equity? In my book almost nothing. Unless the team is truly a rebuild that has no present chance or unless the deal is too much of a slam dunk not to do it. I would rather package up for studs in almost every instance otherwise. 

But nuance matters and "my guy" vs "your guy" matters and all of that. I've been on every side of package deals and I think every deal and each team has to be looked at on it's own merits. I think hoarding guys you can't start and aren't willing to move is a recipe for decay, so if I was making a blanket statement it would be to package up whenever possible and within your team build.

As to how do you manage depth if you have it? Well it is really difficult actually. I think Meno's post above just about covers it for me, too. My spin is that I tend to really strongly emphasize the notion of moving keeper level players for youth/draft capital and for the purpose of elevating other players who are either cut candidates or valued keepers that you can't keep. He talked about that but I'm saying I sort of live within that mindframe and probably stretch the limit of doing it too much.

As for packages that have gone wrong for me, yeah I've had a few. I think my successful packages, however, have been much more impactful. That is, even if the results were 50/50 (and I really think I've done better than that), the ones that paid off probably netted me a much bigger victory than the magnitude of the losses.

Another subtopic that I find interesting is the variance of opinions and strategies as it relates to later draft picks, which I'm going to loosely describe as late 3rd all the way to the end of the 7th.

I'm in favor of hustling, scratching, clawing, dealing, slinging, whatever is needed, to acquire and to *spend* as many as these later picks as needed in order to find gems in drafts, or to consolidate for future picks, or to spend liberally as draft bumps to get my guys.

But *swaths* of owners consider these picks useless and worthless for what I think is no more reason than simply "it is hard to roster 20 players inseason so why draft so many?" They are willing to absolutely give them away. And yeah it is hard to roster them but why not take some throws and see what sticks. 

I have made sooooooo much ####### cheddar off late draft picks. Yes most of them miss. So what? See the flop for free if nobody is raising it. Occasionally you flop a boat. 

I was actually pretty big on Kittle when he came out, mostly because I had heard some great things and that he was pro-ready coming out of the Iowa offense. I was able to roster him. Why?

Because I was willing to move those keeper level players to make room for a speculative play. Waller, Kittle, Lindsay, McLaurin and Claypool to a lesser extent because it was mid 3rd, but still homeruns on picks a lot of people don't care about, Golladay and Aaron Jones were guys I got in the 4th, Woods at 7.12 in one and I packaged him in the same league with Lindsay and 1.10 for Mike Evans and an early 2nd (that I missed on - I took H Butler). 

Because as we know the FA pool can be juicy after this cutdown to 16, I usually start seeing the first FAs getting drafted sometime in the mid 2nd but they certainly are there in the later rounds. I took Marshawn Lynch at 3.04 one year and moved him to a guy (who overpaid badly) for a future 1st later. Kupp 5.01 Mahomes 4.11 I could go on and on. 

I did a breakdown of my last 5 years of FFPC drafts and found the following, which I suspect is not much better than average frankly, if at all. 2020 was crazy good and skews some of this.

2016-2020 hit rate in rookie drafts (it is a loose definition for me at this point and for example right now I'm calling Pittman a hit in the 2nd but really the jury is out, and there are probably a few others like that in either direction)

1st round : 71.9% (23/32) includes 4 Jeffersons, 3 Dobbins, 2 Taylors
2nd round : 51.7% (15/29) 3 Gibsons, 3 Pittmans
3rd round : 25.0% (5/20) 2 Claypools 1 Waller
4th-7th RDs : 21.1% (12/57) 2 Wallers, 3 Kittles, 2 G Davis (?), 2 Lindsays

One of my big misses in the 1st was taking Harry at 1.05 (I tried so dang hard to move back) but then at like 1.10 the dude that took AJ Brown there offered me Brown and 2.02 for Harry and I took it. Took Singletary which wasn't terrible. So some of the misses worked out and some of the hits didn't. Like shipping 1 Jefferson and 1 Taylor way too cheap. But in a vacuum I think this is a fair breakdown of my results. 

Not about me but just maybe a jumping in point to talk about the value of these draft picks. Like I said I have a feeling these rates are perhaps normal.

Saw a couple guys just cut.

James Conner and Denzel Mims
In absence of a trade I'd project them both as cuts on every team of mine but not now. I've never understood this kind of team management, hate to see it. Cut no player before it's time.

Honestly you can sort of tie cutting them now to Baracks post above about how some owners just don't value mid to late round picks because you got to think even if their values don't improve in next month you can fetch something for them.

The league champ in an FFPC best-ball superflex league dropped Alexander Mattison, then used his 1.12 to pick him back up, which I think was his plan. But he took Mattison over Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, etc. But it's a risk you can take, dropping a bubble guy and using a draft pick to get him back. 

In absence of a trade I'd project them both as cuts on every team of mine but not now. I've never understood this kind of team management, hate to see it. Cut no player before it's time.

Honestly you can sort of tie cutting them now to Baracks post above about how some owners just don't value mid to late round picks because you got to think even if their values don't improve in next month you can fetch something for them.
I made posts a couple weeks ago saying I am able to take on a couple cuts from people, and those guys were still cut.  

The league champ in an FFPC best-ball superflex league dropped Alexander Mattison, then used his 1.12 to pick him back up, which I think was his plan. But he took Mattison over Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, etc. But it's a risk you can take, dropping a bubble guy and using a draft pick to get him back. 
Seems like a horrifically dumb strategy

I literally wait until an hour before the deadline to make my cuts. I'll never understand why anyone would do any different. 
Well, I mean, I certainly wont be waiting until 1 hour prior.  Life happens. 

I rather maybe the day before or a couple days before.

In the case of FFPC, free agency begins March 17th and cuts are due march 31st.  I would imagine that by the 12th day of free agency we should have a much better outlook on the bubble guys.  

But yeah, cutting now is silly.  I have spent a few 5ths and 6ths on guys who could potentially have a value spike during free agency.  I probably end up cutting one or two of the handful of guys I traded for.  Well worth the gamble for me in my situation.

I certainly wouldn't use a first-rounder to pick up a player I dropped. But a third- or fourth-rounder? Sure. 
Well sure.

Once you drop a guy, he is in the player pool.  If a guy is the most valuable guy on your list then you draft him, regardless of whether or not you were the one to drop him.  

The FFPC is supposed to be designed to increase the parity a little bit by cutting down to 14 and preventing "super teams", so obviously most of the teams will end up dropping at least one guy who has 3rd, or maybe even 2nd round value in the rookie/free agent draft. 

As for a strategy of dropping a guy knowing you will draft him with pick 12????  That's some sort of screw up in your roster management.  Even if you have a super team, there are ways to avoid blowing value like that.

I certainly wouldn't use a first-rounder to pick up a player I dropped. But a third- or fourth-rounder? Sure. 
Were I dropped a player is a sunk cost and I would not factor it in were I draft someone but that mentality does exist with some people. The problem I see that guy did was drafting Mattison at 1.12, not so much cutting him. I don't know for sure if he could have got him later but I know I traded 3.5 for Mattison on a Dalvin team near the draft but perhaps in another draft he goes before 2.12.

So to me the crime was not the cut, the crime was just reaching for Mattison at 1.12 because you have Dalvin.

I saw Mattison go pretty early in a couple drafts so 1.12 doesn't shock me. I hate the pick, though, and if he cut him first I hate it much worse. 

I made posts a couple weeks ago saying I am able to take on a couple cuts from people, and those guys were still cut.  
I have made a couple posts like that. There are a couple orphans that I have room to add so I figure I'll let people know. It is so hard to thread the needle of getting deals done anyway. 

FFPC regular Dyno

Team A gave David Johnson and Corey Davis

Team B gave 3.06 & 2022 2nd (mid rd)

Team A had multiple cuts to make, DJ probably would have been one of them. Davis was their 5th WR

Moved my 2nd best D (BUF. I also own LAR) for a 6th rounder to a team with a really crappy D. I will take almost anything for players I will be cutting anyway. I’ll take a few extra dart throws, even if they’re late in the draft. 

Moved my 2nd best D (BUF. I also own LAR) for a 6th rounder to a team with a really crappy D. I will take almost anything for players I will be cutting anyway. I’ll take a few extra dart throws, even if they’re late I’m the draft. 
Absolutely.  With the draft in May, quite a bit can happen before you have to make cuts again in september to get down to 20.  

I'm just poking around and noticed you can do a "create your own" FFPC league, not sure but I think maybe just redraft only. Just looking at the $250 level, here is the payout breakdown:

Create your own $250 FFPC league administered through FFPC (I am not clear on commissioner services) = $3,000 total

1st place - $1900 in the form of a Main Event entry, otherwise $1450 cash
2nd place - $450
3rd place - $250
Most points thru week 13 - $250
Total prize money = $2850 = 95% of the money going back to the players, rest to the site

standard $250 FFPC dynasty (x12 teams = $3,000 total)

1st place - $1100
2nd place - $500
3rd place - $250
1 & 2 seeds - $200 + $200
Total prize money = $2250 = 75% of the money going back to the players, rest to the site

Just realizing this may not be for a dynasty league but rather a redraft. It doesn't actually specify. Still that would be a cool league.

I did a breakdown of my last 5 years of FFPC drafts and found the following, which I suspect is not much better than average frankly, if at all. 2020 was crazy good and skews some of this.

2016-2020 hit rate in rookie drafts (it is a loose definition for me at this point and for example right now I'm calling Pittman a hit in the 2nd but really the jury is out, and there are probably a few others like that in either direction)

1st round : 71.9% (23/32) includes 4 Jeffersons, 3 Dobbins, 2 Taylors
2nd round : 51.7% (15/29) 3 Gibsons, 3 Pittmans
3rd round : 25.0% (5/20) 2 Claypools 1 Waller
4th-7th RDs : 21.1% (12/57) 2 Wallers, 3 Kittles, 2 G Davis (?), 2 Lindsays

One of my big misses in the 1st was taking Harry at 1.05 (I tried so dang hard to move back) but then at like 1.10 the dude that took AJ Brown there offered me Brown and 2.02 for Harry and I took it. Took Singletary which wasn't terrible. So some of the misses worked out and some of the hits didn't. Like shipping 1 Jefferson and 1 Taylor way too cheap. But in a vacuum I think this is a fair breakdown of my results. 

Not about me but just maybe a jumping in point to talk about the value of these draft picks. Like I said I have a feeling these rates are perhaps normal.
I agree rd3-7 picks are hardly worthless and the more the merrier for sure, but you still need to cut down to 18 positional players before the season starts and if you have a contending team it is really difficult to let go of the bird in the hand for 2 in the bush. James Robinson was a good example last year, I liked him a bit but was only able to keep him on a couple of my weaker teams (including non FFPC). So packaging up is often a smart move as well.

NE_REVIVAL said:
I agree rd3-7 picks are hardly worthless and the more the merrier for sure, but you still need to cut down to 18 positional players before the season starts and if you have a contending team it is really difficult to let go of the bird in the hand for 2 in the bush. James Robinson was a good example last year, I liked him a bit but was only able to keep him on a couple of my weaker teams (including non FFPC). So packaging up is often a smart move as well.
I try not to end up with too many in the bush and most of those picks end up being used to move up. So, packaging up is typically my style. I've been arguing strongly in favor of that. I would have to do way more CSI than I have any interest in doing, but if I were to breakdown those later draft picks even further than I did....I would likely find many, many picks that were packaged up to take the guys I liked. Or as little cherries on other bigger deals. I've certainly cut many more guys than I've kept, and when I call those misses misses on that breakdown, that doesn't mean I rostered them or not. It just means that player drafted ended up FF relevant enough to register as a hit or not. 

There isn't much to lose on missing on late picks but there is a ton to gain if they hit. The real cost, or risk, is that they will be hits and you will drop them before it happens. And therein lies the challenge that we've been picking apart. I think the term bird in the hand is super relative, though. Guys that others considers birds I consider turds (trademark pending). And we all have those kinds of opinions on certain players, so for me if a guy is someone else's bird but my turd, I want to move the heck out of it. Capitalize and make room for those upside plays. 

Makes it easier for a crappy team to rebuild. It's a much harder needle to thread for a good team. The idea isn't to trade for the sake of trading but I do want to actively try and make room for 2-3 later picks (even if it is a vet, like Waller was - I made room for him) going into the season. At that point, though, I will have weeded through whatever "extra" picks I made and hopefully have a much clearer picture of who to cut/keep.

One other note on keeping 18 skill players going into the season, I also usually assume there are at *least* 1-2 game changing FAs in the first waiver run. I got James Robinson in all my leagues last year in week 1. Had to make room, though.

This is why I scream about moving those players that hold value but aren't league winning difference makers. Rant over.

I think we should start a signup list for a $77 fbg dyno lg so we can start to put our money where our mouth is :boxing:  I have no prob with a higher buy in if there's interest but this should be pretty easy to fill with fbg members.

I think we should start a signup list for a $77 fbg dyno lg so we can start to put our money where our mouth is :boxing:  I have no prob with a higher buy in if there's interest but this should be pretty easy to fill with fbg members.
I'd be interested in this.  But not for $77.  While I like the idea of the lower stakes, FFPC is such a ripoff at the $77 price point.  I'd prefer $250.  Or even just going ~$77 on MFL and set it up with FFPC rules.

Well I look at it as more of a bragging rights thing than anything else and not really interested in non FFPC platform (commish, orphans etc). Having said that if there is interest at 250 I would be fine with that as well.

I think I have two startups in me this year. I don't want to mix it with the rookie draft(s) in May but the June/July timeframe could conceivably be a thing for me. Otherwise I'd like to get one in *before* the NFL draft but am flexible with when. I'm travelling this next week and am not ready to jump in one just yet but probably pretty soon. Maybe we should start a private DM for those of us in this thread simply to talk startup in/out questions. Or here is fine, I don't know.

Not to beat the Hunter Henry TE conversation to death, but I just made the closest to an actual trade that wasn't a trade in the history of my dynasty career. (FFPC Superflex). Email says dude sent offer. I counter offer, get email notification. Email says dude accepts offer. Email says trade executed. I pump my fist modestly but with soul. I go to trade thread to post. Look back at email and see the executed trade was with some other partner who hit accept just a few seconds before my presumed partner did. The execution details were almost identical except for the team name that wasn't mine and 3.05 instead of 3.04

Anyway dude gave 2022 2nd and 3.05 for Henry and a 2022 4th. I had offered 3.04 with my 2022 2nd and it got accepted.

Which is to say that the system allows this window of time between a trade being accepted and executed that there are other offers still hanging out there in the system. They don't get withdrawn or cancelled out until the execution happens. Even though they won't be honored at that point. It's no big deal just a bug. The other guy accepted first so it is all fair in love and war. Still sucks though because I got the email saying my trade was accepted. Had to wait a few minutes to find out that wasn't going to happen though.

Meanwhile I just wanted to say that for this SF team of mine, it makes sense for me to buy Henry at this price even though I sold him at roughly the same price in a different league. I am *not* set at TE1 in this league and am glad to roster a 3rd one in this instance (although it didn't happen). Have Tonyan and Higbee who I both like but I like Henry as much or more. So context matters.

Which is to say that the system allows this window of time between a trade being accepted and executed that there are other offers still hanging out there in the system.
I had a similar thing happen last year on a massive trade but this was just between my team and another. I made the team two offers and they accepted both the offers which included 3-4 of the same players. We both sat around for a few minutes pensively waiting to see which one of the accepts got processed. FWIW at the time the other owner was bummed about the trade that did get processed but it turned into a huge win for him and loss for me that's the one that went through.

My worst experience ever thinking I'd made a trade only to find out I did not was several years ago when  I made a trade for Julio in FFPC. I posted that trade in the  trade thread. Several hours after I made the trade I got an email saying the trade was being overturned, that the owner accepted in error. Hours later I say and the guy obviously never told me he accepted the deal in error, never understood that.

There are one or two trades in all my FFPC leagues that end up overturned because the guy "hit the wrong button." FFPC has at least improved it so that it gives you the "are you sure you want to accept" warning if you hit accept. 

There was a trade a couple weeks ago where a guy (who consistently makes terrible offers) traded away Hockenson and Justin Tucker, then posted that he was certain he clicked Hurst and Butker in the trade offer and not Hockenson and Tucker. So it got reversed. 🙄

I think I have two startups in me this year. I don't want to mix it with the rookie draft(s) in May but the June/July timeframe could conceivably be a thing for me. Otherwise I'd like to get one in *before* the NFL draft but am flexible with when. I'm travelling this next week and am not ready to jump in one just yet but probably pretty soon. Maybe we should start a private DM for those of us in this thread simply to talk startup in/out questions. Or here is fine, I don't know.
I would prefer early June myself and even though fpc dyno is open for biz now, im going to try not to do any startups before nfl draft. But I am weak, so very weak.....

Totally an Asst Coach post :)  

I’m happy with my WRs in my FFPC league (Hill, Claypool, Shenault, Pittman, Corey Davis) and have more needs at RBm but I was just offered his Woods for my 2.10 and my 2022 3rd. Feels like a slam dunk accept for me from a value stand point and I’d imagine Woods got an upgrade with Stafford joining the Rams. Thoughts?

Totally an Asst Coach post :)  

I’m happy with my WRs in my FFPC league (Hill, Claypool, Shenault, Pittman, Corey Davis) and have more needs at RBm but I was just offered his Woods for my 2.10 and my 2022 3rd. Feels like a slam dunk accept for me from a value stand point and I’d imagine Woods got an upgrade with Stafford joining the Rams. Thoughts?
I view this as Woods for 2.10, 2022#3 and your current 14th man.

If you current 14th man is is of no consequence then yes, I'd accept it.

Users who are viewing this thread