What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!) (3 Viewers)

@timschochet       -  on the floor

i have 3 other guys i had considered at 4.1  if 2 of them make it back to me next round i will feel like my team can be competitive

4.2 Dennis Rodman, PF 90s

Because winning is about defense and rebounds. 

PG Walt Frazier 

SG James Harden 

SF James Worthy 

PF Dennis Rodman 

C Wilt Chamberlain 

My team is going to score more than yours. Harden and Worthy will be impossible to stop because Wilt and the Worm will control the paint and Clyde will direct the action. Defensively we’re going to shut you down; you’re not getting anywhere close to the basket. 

PG Walt Frazier 

SG James Harden 

SF James Worthy 

PF Dennis Rodman 

C Wilt Chamberlain 

My team is going to score more than yours. Harden and Worthy will be impossible to stop because Wilt and the Worm will control the paint and Clyde will direct the action. Defensively we’re going to shut you down; you’re not getting anywhere close to the basket. 

Hope he doesn't quit on your team in the playoffs.

This year's stats are so bonkers in the NBA. Everything is a bit inflated. Embiid has the 13th best PER of all time this season... He's not even number one at his position this year.

I think it was Kevin Pelton that had the stat (or one of those nerdy stat types, they all blend in my head) that there was something like 46 players going into the All-Star break that had some sort of stat line that had never been achieved by a player that missed the All-Star game.
Yeah I think the article laid out 77 players who had a claim to an all star spot based on their stats this year. 

PG Walt Frazier 

SG James Harden 

SF James Worthy 

PF Dennis Rodman 

C Wilt Chamberlain 

And talk about the post game parties!

PG Walt Frazier 

SG James Harden 

SF James Worthy 

PF Dennis Rodman 

C Wilt Chamberlain 

well ####. you took my guy. 

PG Walt Frazier 

SG James Harden 

SF James Worthy 

PF Dennis Rodman 

C Wilt Chamberlain 

This team is going to live and die by James Harden's shooting.

PG Walt Frazier 

SG James Harden 

SF James Worthy 

PF Dennis Rodman 

C Wilt Chamberlain 

I love your team potential but it's also playing with fire. Chamberlain, Harden and Rodman all have questionable personalities. 

Rodman was the guy i was going to call out. I looked hard into him, and think his stats are based purely on the high talent around him. Nobody guarded him and barely boxed him out. Don't think he can compete with a lot of the other guys coming out who might be lower on all time rankings. 

I love your team potential but it's also playing with fire. Chamberlain, Harden and Rodman all have questionable personalities. 
Also talking rebounds you have Wilt and Rodman fighting over space in the paint, almost negating each other. not knocking the team totally, but i thought the exact thinking of clogging paint when i drafted Embiid and Connie. 

Rodman was the guy i was going to call out. I looked hard into him, and think his stats are based purely on the high talent around him. Nobody guarded him and barely boxed him out. Don't think he can compete with a lot of the other guys coming out who might be lower on all time rankings. 
When he was on the Spurs with no good players around him he led the league in rebounds and put up crazy numbers. So I don’t think your “high talent around him” argument holds water. 
Wilt, Rodman. Harden may be volatile characters but they’re all HOFers who got it done on the court. 

When he was on the Spurs with no good players around him he led the league in rebounds and put up crazy numbers. So I don’t think your “high talent around him” argument holds water. 
Wilt, Rodman. Harden may be volatile characters but they’re all HOFers who got it done on the court. 
you might be right. i didn't see much of him on the Spurs so i could be off

Also talking rebounds you have Wilt and Rodman fighting over space in the paint, almost negating each other. not knocking the team totally, but i thought the exact thinking of clogging paint when i drafted Embiid and Connie. 
I would assume that Rodman would be more Pistons era 6th man coming to guard the best player and suck up rebounds and actually play a bit of offense.

5.03 Bernard King SF 80s

the most prolific scorer i've ever seen. his duels with Dr J and another yet-to-be-drafted Eastern Conference forward were like heavyweight bouts - the most-excited i was by personal rivalries til Bird/Magic. and with treys, no handchecks and no giant coke scene in the NBA, he woulda scored 40 today.

@Jayrod

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t like it either if I were you because you’re going to lose to it by 30 points. Love LeBron but the rest of your squad is incredibly overrated starting with Cousy. 
Games are won via the 3pt shot these days. Your team is going to get torched while your paint defenders twiddle their thumbs.

The Spurs won 55 and 62 games over two regular seasons with Rodman, and 59 games after he left.

Games are won via the 3pt shot these days. Your team is going to get torched while your paint defenders twiddle their thumbs.
i have read so many NBA articles today that i think i broke my computer, but there are a few articles now that the 3 point shot is fading, and a return to post play and easier lay-ups is becoming the key. Can't find it among the 20 windows i have open, but will be interesting to see.

Jazz shot like 56% from 3 the other night against the good guys (aka Sixers) and took 40 some attempts. Sixers still won the game by like 8, and only had 1 3 pointer in the first half. i think they had a total of 20 attempts. 

not saying 3 is done, but saying it isn't the end all, be all

Are we allowed to trade later because I am really tempted to draft based on value even if it won't help my team long term.

Are we allowed to trade later because I am really tempted to draft based on value even if it won't help my team long term.
hmm, that might be a good idea. maybe every owner is allowed to make 1 trade (can participate in more than 1, but only be allowed to lead 1). would be easy to manage and could be used to work out any small changes needed. 

I'm debating a guy who might not even make my pantheon team because of team fit, but he'd be a great value now and would boost my decade team. FWIW.

i'm debating if i should have taken one of my other guys instead of Hawkins. he has a nice story, and being a 27 year old in the NBA due to some b.s. and good 'ol racism may have him at a disadvantage in the judging department. i hope when we judge we can consider Hawkins as if he didn't get racially profiled bbbbbbb :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread