What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 NBA Roster Draft - This draft goes to 12! (1 Viewer)

*********************CONTENDERS*******************

Jayrod - Average ranking: 7.1. Best (not own rank): 1. Worst: 14. 

PG - Jalen Brunson, De'Anthony Melton

SG - Donovan Mitchell, Gary Trent

SF - Paul George, Dorian Finney-Smith, Isaac Okoro

PF - Pascal Siakam, Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony

C  - Nikola Vucevic, Isaiah Hartenstein

My rank: 3. I think this is my favorite starting lineup. A bunch of really good players who are pretty good at stuff like basketball. 

Instinctive - average ranking: 6.6. Best (not own rank): 3. Worst: 18.

PG - Alex Caruso, Immanuel Quickley, Delon Wright

SG - Desmond Bane, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

SF - Royce O'Neale, Matisse Thybulle, Cody Martin

PF - Kevin Durant, Brandon Clarke

C  - Jarrett Allen, DeMarcus Cousins

My rank: 4. Love surrounding Durant with such stellar defense. Only reason I didn't put this team higher than 4 is I would want a little more shooting beyond just Bane, but at this point it's just nit-picking.

1 -XXXX

2 - XXXX

3 - Instinctive

4 - Jayrod

5 - Frosty

6 - Juxtatrot

7 - Desert Power

8 - Scoobus

9 - Yo Mama

10 - Facook

11 - JVDesigns

12 - Trader Jake

13 - Eepus

14 - Kev4029

15 - Doug B

16 - Moops

17 - dunfee555

18 - PIK95

19 - Long Ball Larry

20 - The Gator

Wikkidpissah drafted a really good team.   He was my number 2 overall even though he had my worst pick of the rounds in Mobley and Westbrook.

Wikkidpissah drafted a really good team.   He was my number 2 overall even though he had my worst pick of the rounds in Mobley and Westbrook.
you was my #2 to me despite sniping your humble servant on both SGA & Halliburton. i was ready to concede after you took Timelord, but your only good pick after that was Davion.

ETA: no wait, i knocked you down to #3 for spite for those snipes. i'm not as good a person as i pretend to be

Last edited by a moderator:
*******************RUNNER UP*********************

Wikkid - average ranking: 5.8. Best (not own ranking): 1st. Worst: 13th.

PG - Malcolm Brogdon, Russell Westbrook

SG - Marcus Smart, Josh Giddey, Devin Vassell

SF - Brandon Ingram, Saddiq Bey, Ziaire Williams

PF - Evan Mobley, Rui Hachimura

C  - Nikola Jokic, Javale McGee

My rank: 5th. Love the starting five. Solid on both sides of the ball, multiple options to initiate the offense, decent shooting. Don't like the bench outside of Giddey. 

***********************WORLD CHAMPION OF THE WORLD*****************

JMon - average ranking: 3.6. Best (not own ranking): 1st (3 times). Worst: 9th.

PG - Tyrese Haliburton, Davion Mitchelll

SG - Shai Gilgious-Alexander, Austin Reeves

SF - Lu Dort, Bogdan Bogdanovich, Evan Fournier

PF - Lebron James, Lauri Markkanen

C  - Robert Williams, Serge Ibaka, Naz Reid

My rank: 1st. The first three picks of Lebron, SGA, and Haliburton practically locked this thing up through just 3 rounds with that kind of flexibiity and all-around play. Starting five rounded out nicely with one of the top 3 and D types and then an excellent rim protector to make this team an oustanding defensive team as well as offensive. Shooting was slightly iffy, but that was addressed with the bench. The King gets another ring!

Congrats JMon! Had you as my #1.

Thanks for running this Frosty, great job! I’m ready for the next one, maybe something in WIS.

Yeah. Thought on the bold was that both Rozier and Clarkson have played point before so they cover the minutes. Something that probably works better in the Sim then here.

Probably would have taken Westbrook or Quickley instead of Horford in the 8th if they had made it back to me. Not the only time Instinctive sniped me :lol:
I was one of the ones that had you number three. Really liked the role players around Embiid and Ball.

*********************CONTENDERS*******************

Jayrod - Average ranking: 7.1. Best (not own rank): 1. Worst: 14. 

PG - Jalen Brunson, De'Anthony Melton

SG - Donovan Mitchell, Gary Trent

SF - Paul George, Dorian Finney-Smith, Isaac Okoro

PF - Pascal Siakam, Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony

C  - Nikola Vucevic, Isaiah Hartenstein

My rank: 3. I think this is my favorite starting lineup. A bunch of really good players who are pretty good at stuff like basketball. 

Instinctive - average ranking: 6.6. Best (not own rank): 3. Worst: 18.

PG - Alex Caruso, Immanuel Quickley, Delon Wright

SG - Desmond Bane, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

SF - Royce O'Neale, Matisse Thybulle, Cody Martin

PF - Kevin Durant, Brandon Clarke

C  - Jarrett Allen, DeMarcus Cousins

My rank: 4. Love surrounding Durant with such stellar defense. Only reason I didn't put this team higher than 4 is I would want a little more shooting beyond just Bane, but at this point it's just nit-picking.
Had Instinctive at number 7. 

No playmakers that can get others buckets and only Durant (best in the league) and Bane can score on their own.

Something small like drafting Haliburton in front of Bane or drafting a Herro or Brunson instead of ONeale could have elevated you in my eyes.  Going ONeale, Thybulle, Caruso, Clarke all in a row, when you already have Jarrett Allen was just going to one sided for me.  Again I get the plan with Durant being the best bucket getter in the league, just leaned a bit too far IMO.

My rank: 5th. Love the starting five. Solid on both sides of the ball, multiple options to initiate the offense, decent shooting. Don't like the bench outside of Giddey. 

My rank: 1st. The first three picks of Lebron, SGA, and Haliburton practically locked this thing up through just 3 rounds with that kind of flexibiity and all-around play. Starting five rounded out nicely with one of the top 3 and D types and then an excellent rim protector to make this team an oustanding defensive team as well as offensive. Shooting was slightly iffy, but that was addressed with the bench. The King gets another ring!
Loved this Wikkid team, liked the Giddey pick at the time, looks even better now.

Everything fits together beautifully, I need to know why someone put them 13th.

My final thoughts on my draft.

Was dead set on my top 3, Obviously everyone knows my love for LeBron, easy pick for me.  At 2 and 3 I wanted guards or wings that could play on or off the ball and weren’t stiffs on D, Haliburton and SGA were dream picks and sweated them for several picks.

At 4, I really contemplated Lowry and bringing Haliburton off the bench and also playing all three together.  Obviously Williams fit won out for me.

At 5, I was heartbroken because I wanted Duncan Robinson bad. Plan was to draft him then Dort as my 6th rounder, so that hurt.

Markkanen was a pick I look back on and don’t know if I’d go the same way.  I love the fit but not sure if I should have picked Caruso, Kuzma, Kevin Love or Joe Harris instead.

Loved my Fournier and Bogdan picks next, think their skills worked perfectly for a Lebron team.  They were on a short list with RJ Barrett, Malik Monk, Kevin Huerter, and Jordan Poole at that turn.

The rest of my picks I had pegged in advance so no more snipes for me.

Loved this draft and can’t wait for the next one!

I've got time for a few thoughts on what I sent in. One thing that I did notice is I was somewhat rushed on my ranks, so I'm focusing on tiers here with the detailed review version. Second, moving within tiers if you didn't fill out the roster tab, especially no writeup, I just made my first instinct takes on roster spots and went from there so it may have hurt you. Also, remember as I describe teams...there's only 20 in our league. So obviously they're all way better than a typical playoff team in a similar position or in the standings...so are the top teams we have here.

Bottom Dwellers: It's immediately apparent how important having one of the best possible players is when I look at teams that have an All-Star or even two, but nobody who is going to be All-NBA first or second team.

@The Gator

Tatum easily the worst pick of the first round (which, to be fair, he was 19th out of 20 taken). I think Sabonis was among the worse second round picks and I want no part of Fox. Then there's basically no shooting on the team. I technically didn't put this team at 20 but in hindsight I would.

@PIK95

I get that Derozan has been on a hot streak this year, but we're gonna see how it falls apart yet again in the playoffs. Just not something I believe in. I really like Murray...but then I count 12 players in the same round alone that went after Randle who i would have taken before him. Cunningham looks like more of a future play than a guy right now (he's not really creating a ton yet), and while I like Hart and Jones, the bench depth just isn't enough for the top. 

Honestly, if I could swap my 5-10 rounds for yours, I think I'd have had a clear best team. Really like the back half, as in like almost every one of your back half picks is at the top of my list for great picks in the round. But imagine if the front half was Paul George over DeRozan, any good wing or center over Randle, then instead of Nurk you could have had Barnes, MPJ, Curry2...I'd have liked that squad a lot more.

@scoobus

Kyrie Irving has never won without LeBron because he is garbage on defense and sucks to play with.  I like Butler and Bridges as a wing duo but there's really not a true playmaker still. I have similar issues with Capela in the 4th as with Nurkic (better options out there).

I think two weeks into the season Jimmy Butler would murder Kyrie, and at the end of the day neither one is a tier one star. JJJ, Holiday, Edwards, Middleton all I'd like a lot better on this squad.

@jvdesigns2002

I loooooove the shooting on this team. But it's allergic to defense. Barrett tries hard but is still out of position all the time, the first tow guys are allergic to defending anybody, Harris is mediocre, and Ayton's no Gobert to cover it all up. I think outside of Kuzma and Coffey it's a mediocre bench. Would be high on my leaguepass rankings, but low on my championship odds.

@Doug B

Another squad where I look at the draft and see a 3rd rounder not worth the premium, Vanderbilt was ok for the round, I like Bogdanovic and Payton, but I think Harrell's a negative player and everyone else taken I see 3-5 better picks even right away after the pick was made. Booker and VanVleet are gonna get this team a lot of wins, but when it comes down to crunch time, there's just not a ton of defense and playmaking is middle of the road at best. I think they could surprise a team in round one with the right matchup, but a really good wing and a team with some rim protection would be a major obstacle.

I've lost track of count. Excited to see where I landed. 

BTW - I know I'm a little bit arrogant in these things and I'm trying to dial it back because I learn a lot from yall every time we do them. I have clear blinders. 

But I also coached D1 college basketball at a Power 5 school and I worked in the front office of an NBA team for a bit. So I have some strong opinions.

I hope I didn't offend with any pick/team comments.

Gonna have to try harder Juwan.

I kinda want to start a WIS thread, but man this forum is so dead. Makes me sad, I miss the days of our big WIS drafts.
Same.

Something to consider: Not sure about WIS's NBA sim, but for baseball I think as few as 12 teams can make up a league. The 24-man baseball drafts were certainly epic ... kept that going a good 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got time for a few thoughts on what I sent in. One thing that I did notice is I was somewhat rushed on my ranks, so I'm focusing on tiers here with the detailed review version. Second, moving within tiers if you didn't fill out the roster tab, especially no writeup, I just made my first instinct takes on roster spots and went from there so it may have hurt you. Also, remember as I describe teams...there's only 20 in our league. So obviously they're all way better than a typical playoff team in a similar position or in the standings...so are the top teams we have here.

Bottom Dwellers: It's immediately apparent how important having one of the best possible players is when I look at teams that have an All-Star or even two, but nobody who is going to be All-NBA first or second team.

@The Gator

Tatum easily the worst pick of the first round (which, to be fair, he was 19th out of 20 taken). I think Sabonis was among the worse second round picks and I want no part of Fox. Then there's basically no shooting on the team. I technically didn't put this team at 20 but in hindsight I would.

@PIK95

I get that Derozan has been on a hot streak this year, but we're gonna see how it falls apart yet again in the playoffs. Just not something I believe in. I really like Murray...but then I count 12 players in the same round alone that went after Randle who i would have taken before him. Cunningham looks like more of a future play than a guy right now (he's not really creating a ton yet), and while I like Hart and Jones, the bench depth just isn't enough for the top. 

Honestly, if I could swap my 5-10 rounds for yours, I think I'd have had a clear best team. Really like the back half, as in like almost every one of your back half picks is at the top of my list for great picks in the round. But imagine if the front half was Paul George over DeRozan, any good wing or center over Randle, then instead of Nurk you could have had Barnes, MPJ, Curry2...I'd have liked that squad a lot more.

@scoobus

Kyrie Irving has never won without LeBron because he is garbage on defense and sucks to play with.  I like Butler and Bridges as a wing duo but there's really not a true playmaker still. I have similar issues with Capela in the 4th as with Nurkic (better options out there).

I think two weeks into the season Jimmy Butler would murder Kyrie, and at the end of the day neither one is a tier one star. JJJ, Holiday, Edwards, Middleton all I'd like a lot better on this squad.

@jvdesigns2002

I loooooove the shooting on this team. But it's allergic to defense. Barrett tries hard but is still out of position all the time, the first tow guys are allergic to defending anybody, Harris is mediocre, and Ayton's no Gobert to cover it all up. I think outside of Kuzma and Coffey it's a mediocre bench. Would be high on my leaguepass rankings, but low on my championship odds.

@Doug B

Another squad where I look at the draft and see a 3rd rounder not worth the premium, Vanderbilt was ok for the round, I like Bogdanovic and Payton, but I think Harrell's a negative player and everyone else taken I see 3-5 better picks even right away after the pick was made. Booker and VanVleet are gonna get this team a lot of wins, but when it comes down to crunch time, there's just not a ton of defense and playmaking is middle of the road at best. I think they could surprise a team in round one with the right matchup, but a really good wing and a team with some rim protection would be a major obstacle.
Morrrrrrrrre!

So I recently finally got Nba2k22. I had been playing NBA2k17 with my son since he didn't really know any players so it didn't matter. Now he's more into it so we finally upgraded to the new one.

I say this to say that there is a Fantasy Draft function. I am going to see if I can use this to simulate a season with our rosters. I'm very lazy and busy though also, but this will happen when it happens. 

Why would you love your team more now? There are exactly 2 guys on your team that are actually playing in the playoffs

Bogdan Bogdanovich and Naz Reid

I think if we redrafted now, Haliburton and Williams would go a lot higher.  Also I don't think anyone lost significant value.

I think if we redrafted now, Haliburton and

Williams

would go a lot higher.  Also I don't think anyone lost significant value.
Just messing with ya. It is a very nice team you put together. I would maybe add that Lebron lost some value - not significant though

********** TRADE EVERYONE AND REBUILD *******************

Long Ball Larry - average ranking: 15.1. Best: 9th (twice). Worst: 20.

PG - Damian Lillard, Spencer Dinwiddie, Bones Hyland.

SG - Derrick White, Eric Gordon

SF- Scottie Barnes, Chris Duarte

PF- OG Anunoby, Nemanja Bjelica

C - Jaren Jackson, Daniel Gafford, Xavier Tillman

My rank: 18. Tough break starting with Lillard who struggled to start the season, then got hurt so wasn't able to right the ship. The rest of the team feels more like role players and lacks firepower. 

So in the draft where injuries don't matter, injuries do matter.  Neat.

Well it was based on this year, and he wasn't playing up to his usual standards this year. 
Why would we assume that he would continue to be that way if we were starting a season now among players where injuries and age don’t matter?  I still think this is way too biased toward the actual stats of a few months this year.  In my mind, we should be considering the totality of the players abilities and potential.  

I’m not saying that it is 100% certain that dame would be arguably the top offensive player, I just think that he is being discounted too much based off of a limited sample size.

Why would we assume that he would continue to be that way if we were starting a season now among players where injuries and age don’t matter?  I still think this is way too biased toward the actual stats of a few months this year.  In my mind, we should be considering the totality of the players abilities and potential.  

I’m not saying that it is 100% certain that dame would be arguably the top offensive player, I just think that he is being discounted too much based off of a limited sample size.
Well I definitely discounted him based off a limited sample size. Perhaps the parameters and such need to be fleshed out more if we do this again. 

I can also fully admit I'm a super dumb person. 

I love my team even more now. Jordan Poole coming off of the bench to back up Trae? Or I can start him along with Trae and create a three guard lineup similar to what Golden State is doing now.  My team has the best players from four different teams this season—Trae, RJ Barrett, Beal or Kuzma-take your pick, and Wendell carter was the best and most consistent player on the Magic this season.  Ayton is solid, and Tobias still has plenty left in the tank.  

I love my team even more now. Jordan Poole coming off of the bench to back up Trae? Or I can start him along with Trae and create a three guard lineup similar to what Golden State is doing now.  My team has the best players from four different teams this season—Trae, RJ Barrett, Beal or Kuzma-take your pick, and Wendell carter was the best and most consistent player on the Magic this season.  Ayton is solid, and Tobias still has plenty left in the tank.  
that's one of the reasons i ranked your team only behind mine and would still rather face JMon's boys in a playoff. your lineup can do the double-tower thing that is coming back w Ayton/Carter, a double-wing thing w Beal/Barrett, the Dub triple-guardy tip w Ratboy/Beale/Poole and still have solid forwards wandering around like Toby/Kuzma for matchups. there was more made at the time that "someone" should pick you for 2nd, but the one who rated the team 19th should rather have worn the scorn.

The playoffs in real life are making me just love the team I drafted here even more.  People were saying that my bench was weak? Not a chance in hell this team isn’t top 3-4 to win it all in this format.  

Trae Young

Bradley Beal

RJ Barrett

Tobias Harris

Deandre Ayton 

Bench 

Jordan Poole

Amir Coffey, Diallo 

Kyle Kuzma

Wendell Carter

Kevon Looney, Nerlens Noel 

Users who are viewing this thread