What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

:lol:   Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 
Sure.  I've personally advised companies that had contracts to build portions of the wall.  I was personally at the border walls being built in in El Paso and McAllan during the Obama years (yes I realize the bill was passed under George W. and not Obama, but they kept building).

:lol:   Come on, we are dudes on the internet talking about politics.    Should we ask you if you were personally at the border making it secure? 
Sure.  I've personally advised companies that had contracts to build portions of the wall.  I was personally at the border walls being built in in El Paso and McAllan during the Obama years (yes I realize the bill was passed under George W. and not Obama, but they kept building).
To be fair.....He asked about you being "at the border making it secure" not if you were there when a wall was being built.

Lol how many times are you going to brag about this irrelevant old news? There’s never going to be a wall. All of your “work” was for nothing. Also, the children are coming here, and your tax money is going to help to pay for them to be here. As it should. 
This battle is over, you lost. 

Lol how many times are you going to brag about this irrelevant old news? There’s never going to be a wall. All of your “work” was for nothing. Also, the children are coming here, and your tax money is going to help to pay for them to be here. As it should. 
Tim is correct.   Tony did lose but so does Tim and any of us that work and pay taxes.  Our kids and grandkids all lost too.   Opening the borders is going to put more pressure on a country that already faces a mountain of problems and debt problem.   The working suckers will be paying more taxes to support all the needs of the illegals.   

Tim is correct.   Tony did lose but so does Tim and any of us that work and pay taxes.  Our kids and grandkids all lost too.   Opening the borders is going to put more pressure on a country that already faces a mountain of problems and debt problem.   The working suckers will be paying more taxes to support all the needs of the illegals.   
Nope. We all win, including @tonydead. But it will take years to see. 

Its the same as those saying..w.ell you are free to send in more for taxes if you want.  Its just a ridiculous response to any of us thinking we, as a super power, can do more.

We got paid almost 2 billion dollars.  That's not for nothing.  Will Joe pay us to take it down now?

Projections reviewed by CNN this week indicate that encounters are expected to continue rising through September, though estimates could be subject to change in the event of policy modifications or other changes in Latin America.
:o

That would put the total in the multi millions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw that the numbers for March were what tony and I believe FW were talking - about 170K?    Will be an interesting couple of months to see if the administration can put together a plan to deal with this.  Can't keep status quo down there.  

Just saw that the numbers for March were what tony and I believe FW were talking - about 170K?    Will be an interesting couple of months to see if the administration can put together a plan to deal with this.  Can't keep status quo down there.  
I'm guessing the plan is going to be to blame Trump.  Just wait.  You'll see.

The first part of the plan will be to continue to ignore the problem and act like it doesn’t exist.    Fortunately for Biden, the liberal media will continue to help with the plan.  
You bet they will.  That's why the media isn't the "4th wall" as they like to proclaim themselves.  They are nothing more than propaganda arms of the Democrats.  They've failed the people.  Well, the people that they don't represent anyways (and they shouldn't be "representing" anyone except the truth).

Last edited by a moderator:
The first part of the plan will be to continue to ignore the problem and act like it doesn’t exist.    Fortunately for Biden, the liberal media will continue to help with the plan.  
I find it hard to believe conservative media is ignoring this problem.

But I watch/hear most of the other media and they are certainly not ignoring it.  It was basically the first half of his first press conference for example.

:lol: I just can't do it anymore with you guys and the #####ing about the media.  
I get it.  When it 99% benefits your side you "just can't deal with the complaining anymore".  It's easy to say that when the censorship supports your views.  It's also dishonest.

Tim's constant declarations of victory for him and defeat for everyone else are hilarious.  It's as if he really believes that.  :lol:

I think he's more trying to convince himself then trying to convince us. 
Nah. I lose all the time. But not on this issue. It only goes one way. 

Sure, Tim. Sure. 

The previous four years you lost, but now suddenly you won and it's over.  Have you convinced yourself yet?
The previous 4 years demonstrated that you can’t stop them coming in. You can’t really even slow it down much, though Biden doesn’t realize that yet. 

Tim's constant declarations of victory for him and defeat for everyone else are hilarious.  It's as if he really believes that.  :lol:

I think he's more trying to convince himself then trying to convince us. 
He's just trolling you and trying to get you to react.  Usually he bats under .200 though so good chance his declarations are totally off base.

Wut?  Trump slowed it down to a trickle, if anything. 
The numbers don't bear this out. 2019 again as an example that has been already talked about.

2020 was slowed down of course...that whole pandemic thing is hard to use as some sort of victory or trend on so many levels though, isn't it?

The previous 4 years demonstrated that you can’t stop them coming in. You can’t really even slow it down much, though Biden doesn’t realize that yet. 
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/as-trump-moves-to-declare-national-emergency-to-build-wall-border-crossings-at-record-lows.html

As President Donald Trump declares a national emergency to build a border wall, crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border are at their lowest levels in nearly 50 years.

There were 303,916 apprehensions along the southern border during the 2017 fiscal year, the lowest level since 1971.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/as-trump-moves-to-declare-national-emergency-to-build-wall-border-crossings-at-record-lows.html

As President Donald Trump declares a national emergency to build a border wall, crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border are at their lowest levels in nearly 50 years.

There were 303,916 apprehensions along the southern border during the 2017 fiscal year, the lowest level since 1971.
That article was also before the spike of 135K apprehensions a couple months later in 2019.   I believe it was April or May.   I believe it was 2019 that we had almost 1M for the year.   The numbers we are talking about have been posted 2-3 times in this thread.  

ekbeats said:

I'd recommend continuing to follow the trend through 2019...see where that takes you :shrug:

Trump failed at this like Biden is failing like every President in my voting life has failed.  Until you get more lawyers, judges and processing facilities down there, you will continue to fail.  

I'd recommend continuing to follow the trend through 2019...see where that takes you :shrug:

Trump failed at this like Biden is failing like every President in my voting life has failed.  Until you get more lawyers, judges and processing facilities down there, you will continue to fail.  
Wasn't this a Warren Zevon song?   Sorry, dumb joke.   

Agree.  I was just listening to another podcast (I know - big shock), and they said something like we have a backlog of about 1M cases that need to be processed? 

Wasn't this a Warren Zevon song?   Sorry, dumb joke.   

Agree.  I was just listening to another podcast (I know - big shock), and they said something like we have a backlog of about 1M cases that need to be processed? 
I don't know how many there are.  I'm shocked it's only 1 million (if true)

I'd recommend you extend the blue line in this graph to 171K in March and see where that takes you.

:lmao:  Just like very other president.  No, nothing is different with open border Joe.

I'd recommend you extend the blue line in this graph to 171K in March and see where that takes you.

:lmao:  Just like very other president.  No, nothing is different with open border Joe.
In most people lack of reading comprehension is a bug.  With you it seems to be a feature :lol:  

None of this addresses a word I said.  They've all failed and they'll all continue to fail until they address the actual problem.  If you want to pound your chest because your guy failed "less" than another guy, you go ahead and set your bar there.  I can't imagine living in a world like that, but "OMG!!!!!  POLITICS!!!!!!"  

The Commish said:
In most people lack of reading comprehension is a bug.  With you it seems to be a feature :lol:  

None of this addresses a word I said.  They've all failed and they'll all continue to fail until they address the actual problem.  If you want to pound your chest because your guy failed "less" than another guy, you go ahead and set your bar there.  I can't imagine living in a world like that, but "OMG!!!!!  POLITICS!!!!!!"  
One of these things is not like the others. I thought for sure you could grasp a simple chart. Guess not. 

:lol: . The paint worn off your ! key?

Users who are viewing this thread