What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boy CNN tried to make the Atlanta shootings all about race (2 Viewers)

Whatever this guy’s motivations, here’s one truth: Asian-Americans in Atlanta, and around the country, are terrified tonight. They’ve had to suffer a year of racial incidents thanks to “Kung Flu” and “China Virus” (former President Trump used the latter term as late as yesterday in an interview on Fox TV). There have been over 3800 reported racial incidents against Asian women alone over the last year, per the Department of Justice, as compared to less than 100 the year prior. That’s not a coincidence. 

Sorry that isn't enough anymore. Has to be about race. Has to be. We're desensitized to mass killings in this country. The only way to sell is to make it something more
yea CNN(I get quesy just capitalizing cnn) is not going to lead with a story about 16 wounded & 4 dead over a weekend in Chicago.  That is a given as it's mainly black on black.  no story there.    CNN right now praying for a racist element.  you know it & I know it.

Whatever this guy’s motivations, here’s one truth: Asian-Americans in Atlanta, and around the country, are terrified tonight. They’ve had to suffer a year of racial incidents thanks to “Kung Flu” and “China Virus” (former President Trump used the latter term as late as yesterday in an interview on Fox TV). There have been over 3800 reported racial incidents against Asian women alone over the last year, per the Department of Justice, as compared to less than 100 the year prior. That’s not a coincidence. 
what took you so long?

So now this is a covid related supremacist hate crime?

terrified?  & around the country?  Going to eat Chinese tonight.  I'll ask & report back.   Terrified?

good grief.

If we ever needed proof of media bias, here you have it. 

White guy attacks asians and it is definitely because of race.

Black people attack asians repeatedly in oakland and the media blames white people. 

Mostly black on Asian crime.  But blame Trump. 

Ebola, Lyme, German Measles, West Nile virus, Marburg, MERS, etc., etc.  

In the course of his travels from Asian massage parlor to Asian massage parlor, he didn't pass any adult book stores?  strip clubs?  other temptations for his "sex addiction?"   only shooting up Asian massage parlors was going to help with his bad day?

It's amazing the lengths people will go on these boards to ignore the obvious in favor of trying to make everything some evil leftist conspiracy.   
Stop. They arent Asian massage parlors. Let's me help you here.

Form their website. 

Escape from the stress 🤦‍♂️ and reward yourself 💆‍♂️ with us. We can give you 💁‍♀️ amazing aroma energy charms for love 💝, luck 🤗 and more... Shhh... 🤫🤫🤫 It's secret!
I'm guessing that beats any book store or stip club hands on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So he coukd have been in love with a white girl, targeted her, and the Asians happened to bevthe collateral damage. .but no...has to be racism. Even if he specifically says it wasn't racism.....you all are gonna make it that.
The people that I know that I think are racist love to announce how they are NOT racist, "But...".

I’m done with this.  I’m gonna go wear some green to an Irish bar to see and Irish band and drink some Irish whiskey on an Irish holiday.  Total coincidence, though.  I’m just addicted to corned beef.

Guy has a rub and tug addiction. Presumably some of the women he sees are Asian. 

Guy says it wasnt racially motivated. 

Authorities say it's not being classified as a hate crime. 

-----------------

The usuals along with MSM run with the racist narrative.  MSNBC splices in a piece about "China Virus"  and hate.   :mellow:

First shooting was at Young’s Asian Massage Parlor.  Aromatherapy Yelp page lists it as a Korean massage parlor.

man, you guys really try hard to avoid racists being called racists.
You're being selective. "Asian / Latin American" right on the website. And photos of non-Asian women. 

Next do the Gold Spa

And there is the little facts like the women he killed that werent Asian. 

Guy has a rub and tug addiction. Presumably some of the women he sees are Asian. 

Guy says it wasnt racially motivated. 

Authorities say it's not being classified as a hate crime. 

-----------------

The usuals along with MSM run with the racist narrative.  MSNBC splices in a piece about "China Virus"  and hate.   :mellow:
Perp and the police say it wasn't racially motivated.

But darnit. RACISM!!!!

Time magazine article. 

Nineteen-year-old Antoine Watson has since been charged with and pleaded not guilty to murder and elder abuse. It was one of several incidents of physical violence against Asian American elders in recent weeks across the U.S., but Nguyen had yet to see coverage by a major news outlet...

.... “How many more people need to be killed in order for the news outlets, especially mainstream ones, to think that we’re worthy of a story?”

Hmmm....I wonder what changed???

I dunno, my definition of racist doesnt involve an addiction to getting rub and tugs from them. 

The real issue here is prostitution and human trafficking, guess we just ignore that. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with your media forcing racism before even knowing the truth.  Whe that happens, people don't listen anymore.  When you are bombarded with this  and it turns out to sometimes be nothing more than manufactured in order to sell media,  the truth gets muddled.  

I know you don't see that.  You've proven that you're reliant on the media to help you  think through these things.   However thats reality

People are mad at The Onion on Twitter over this.  

It's The Onion.

The Onion @TheOnion 5h

Atlanta Police Rule Out Mass Shooting As Cause Of Death After Suspect Says He Didn’t Shoot Anyone  

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1372272816129736710
Yes it is tasteless this soon, but it doesn't really seem that absurd after seeing the Sheriff repeating the shooter's claim that these attacks were not racially motivated.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1372200482337349632 (video clip at link) 

Cherokee County, GA Sheriff’s Office Capt. Jay Baker says Atlanta shooting suspect claims attacks were “not racially motivated.”

Baker says: “He apparently has an issue, what he considers a sex addiction … it’s a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate.”

Every single news outlet gobbling it up as a hate crime, National, Local. Unbelievable.  

Real issues: Mental illness, prostitution, trafficking.  Hell, even throw in gun regulation if you want since he purchased it just prior. 

Woke America completely missing the boat on this one. 

Every single news outlet gobbling it up as a hate crime, National, Local. Unbelievable.  

Real issues: Mental illness, prostitution, trafficking.  Hell, even throw in gun regulation if you want since he purchased it just prior. 

Woke America completely missing the boat on this one. 
I honestly don't think it's woke.  I believe its an inability to think on your own anymore.  There is such a need to have the media tell folks what to think its become frightening.  Tim is a fantastic example of that

Wow. Some outlets dropping the Gonzalez part off victim Delaina Ashley Yaun Gonzalez's name so it sounds more Asian.  This is unreal. 

Just because the media sucks, doesn’t excuse the disgusting behaviour in here. Eight people are dead, and the delight that two aren’t Asian is despicable.
There's no delight in here.  Honestly I'd be just fine if the cops had shot this guy dead on sight and saved the government the money of having to deal with him.  It's a tragedy for these women, I haven't seen anyone say otherwise.  But in the rush to virtue signal, we have folks who need the shooter to be a racist.  He well could be, but we don't know and if anything it's despicable that for this to even matter to people it needs to be classified in those terms.  

Paul Andre Michels, white male victim is an army veteran and electrician by trade, was apparently at the spa doing research as he wanted to get in the massage business. 

There is most certainly delight. These people’s death is 100% irrelevant, all that matters is that CNN is wrong. 

Is it too hard to ignore something you hate so much and just say it sucks that eight people died? Why do you need to race to CNN to check their agenda. Try being the bigger man.
I still think delight is the wrong adjective here. But, you do realize the OP was calling out the delight the media is having saying it was a hate crime dont you?  The exact same thing you're doing. Just ignore the thread and try being the better man. 

“But CNN” is no excuse. This thread and the other have shown zero sympathy for the death of eight people, just political garbage. 

You tracked down the names of the non-asians to discredit CNN, because these lives mean nothing if you can’t whine about CNN. 

Some of you really need to take a break from politics. You should be embarrassed by your behaviour. 

There is most certainly delight. These people’s death is 100% irrelevant, all that matters is that CNN is wrong. 

Is it too hard to ignore something you hate so much and just say it sucks that eight people died? Why do you need to race to CNN to check their agenda. Try being the bigger man.
This is awful. I strongly disagree with @tonydead, @supermike80 and the rest but they’re not celebrating. They’re not delighted. Please stop. 

There's no delight in here.  Honestly I'd be just fine if the cops had shot this guy dead on sight and saved the government the money of having to deal with him.  It's a tragedy for these women, I haven't seen anyone say otherwise.  But in the rush to virtue signal, we have folks who need the shooter to be a racist.  He well could be, but we don't know and if anything it's despicable that for this to even matter to people it needs to be classified in those terms.  
The fact that he’s a murderer is despicable enough for me. 

Also, with respect to prior comments in this thread, and as someone whose mom is Asian, being attracted to Asian women is perfectly fine. Fetishizing Asian women is yucky. There’s a difference. I’m not gonna get all judgy about it or anything, but just thought I’d mention it. 

Users who are viewing this thread