What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily Beast Reports the Columbus Girl was Unarmed and Knife was Lying on the Ground (2 Viewers)

I don't think I got it very wrong. Like I said, it was a distinction without a difference and you were warned not to do it. Is this where we parse quotes and argue nuance. Because "if you voted for Trump you're a racist," and "if you continue to support Trump, you condone bigotry" is awfully hard to distinguish between. Sounds like you're saying the. exact. same. thing.
Again, I didn’t write the second part. At worst I wrote that if you agree with Trump about Charlottesville you condone bigotry, NOT if you continue to support Trump- huge difference. Many many people continued to support Trump after Charlottesville without agreeing with him, and they were not bigots, I would NEVER have said they were. You got it wrong my friend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I HAVE made some sweeping comments in the past about Trump supporters either condoning or ignoring HIS bigotry- not bigotry in general, but his bigotry- which you’re correct I got in trouble for- undeservedly so IMO. Again there’s  a huge distinction between that and saying that Trump supporters are themselves bigots, which I don’t even believe and never have. Some of them were bigots for sure, the vast majority were not. But anyone who paid attention to Trump ( and a whole lot of people who voted for him didn’t) knew he was a bigot and they just let it go, they didn’t care. I found that attitude reprehensible. Still do. 

First off not exactly. I don’t want to go back to that but that was NOT my intention and I believe my apology was over misunderstanding something you posted. 
But even so, that has nothing to do with the claim that I believe that all Trump voters are racist. That’s the accusation made, it’s a lie, these guys won’t apologize, they won’t back it up (because they can’t) therefore they’re liars and awful people, the worst posters we have in this forum. 
1.  It's likely it was deleted if it was reported

2.  Everything is gone from 2017 and before.

3.  You've called or implied so many people are racist, support racism, support bigotry, support sexism, etc... that everyone has lost count

4.  You calling other posters awful people is disgusting and a reflection of you.

In this case it’s really faulty! 
At absolute worst, in 2015 I think I argued at the very beginning that Trump supporters were being tolerant of racism. Then I decided that was unfair and haven’t written that since. 

The vast majority of Trump supporters were not racist. 
Werent you just arguing yesterday that people voted for trump because they wanted to preserve being the status majority race? 

Werent you just arguing yesterday that people voted for trump because they wanted to preserve being the status majority race? 
It wasn’t an argument. It was several studies and polls that suggested it was an important factor (though not the only factor.) 

But I don’t believe that most people who voted for Trump, including those who think the way the studies described, are racist. 

I don't really have the energy to muster this up, but there was tons of "Trump support = bigotry" going around, and tim was at forefront of (maybe, just maybe he toed the line and we're all dreaming) the accusations. No way a mod warns him for just saying Trump was a bigot. It was smearing everybody that supported Trump as a bigot that earned the mod warnings. Think about it. Everyone would have been suspended if "Trump = bigot" was the standard for mod warnings. That equation wasn't even debatable to most Democrats after Charlottesville. It was shibboleth.

As a matter of fact, you can't even generalize Republicans about anything on this forum because the "Trump and Republican = bigot" schtick got so bad here that every thread devolved into it. The Guys That Took Their Ball And Went Home©, besides SID and DW (and maybe HF), were the biggest proponents of that theory. Bic Marc has been around and back off of suspension to start anew with the accusations, so maybe these past few pages are a product of that. Who knows who's doing it? Who knows who said exactly what? It was a pervasive argument on this board, and it's such an entrenched part of the Democratic activist playbook that one can never tell when one is being accused of insensitivity or racism or any other -ism.

I don't really have the energy to muster this up, but there was tons of "Trump support = bigotry" going around, and tim was at forefront of (maybe, just maybe he toed the line and we're all dreaming) the accusations. No way a mod warns him for just saying Trump was a bigot. It was smearing everybody that supported Trump as a bigot that earned the mod warnings. Think about it. Everyone would have been suspended if "Trump = bigot" was the standard for mod warnings. That equation wasn't even debatable to most Democrats after Charlottesville. It was shibboleth.

As a matter of fact, you can't even generalize Republicans about anything on this forum because the "Trump and Republican = bigot" schtick got so bad here that every thread devolved into it. The Guys That Took Their Ball And Went Home©, besides SID and DW (and maybe HF), were the biggest proponents of that theory. Bic Marc has been around and back off of suspension to start anew with the accusations, so maybe these past few pages are a product of that. Who knows who's doing it? Who knows who said exactly what? It was a pervasive argument on this board, and it's such an entrenched part of the Democratic activist playbook that one can never tell when one is being accused of insensitivity or racism or any other -ism.
Sigh. Last post on this because I’m getting tired of it (and frankly bored.) I didn’t just say Trump was a bigot. I said that if you fully agreed with Trump on specific issues like Charlottesville, then you were also a bigot. I also said that if you were aware of Trump’s bigotry and continued to support him, then you were condoning bigotry even if you yourself was not a bigot. And I pointed out repeatedly that the vast majority of Trump supporters were NOT bigots, but that this fact made them either ignorant of Trump’s bigotry or willing to let it go (condoning it in other words.) 

I got in trouble for writing this at the time. IMO I shouldn’t have, but I don’t run this forum. I didn’t complain and I’m not complaining now. But I still believe every word of it. And nowhere in there did I ever write or imply that all or most Trump supporters were bigots or racists. That may indeed be the playbook of some, it’s not mine. I don’t have a playbook. 

Everyone is going off memory here and with the inability to go back and look it all moot.  But I would hope we could all agree it’s weak sauce to cast aspersions you can’t or won’t back up (as was the case when this started before it was know the history was gone).  

Everyone is going off memory here and with the inability to go back and look it all moot.  But I would hope we could all agree it’s weak sauce to cast aspersions you can’t or won’t back up (as was the case when this started before it was know the history was gone).  
Just because threads got purged doesn't mean history was purged with it.  People know the accusations that were thrown out.

No. We absolutely disagree on that. Just because something can't be looked up doesn't mean it didn't happen, nor that people shouldn't remember and say something about it. If PRAVDA purged the years 1930-1935 from all historical reference, it doesn't mean those years and reporting didn't happen. Just because this site purges and removes threads absolutely does not change what was said.

Just because threads got purged doesn't mean history was purged with it.  People know the accusations that were thrown out.
Point being that was not the case when this started, nobody  knew about the purge. He quoted an exact saying then was unwilling to back it up. Not cool. Secondly, at this point it’s he said he said.  

No. We absolutely disagree on that. Just because something can't be looked up doesn't mean it didn't happen, nor that people shouldn't remember and say something about it. If PRAVDA purged the years 1930-1935 from all historical reference, it doesn't mean those years and reporting didn't happen. Just because this site purges and removes threads absolutely does not change what was said.
I didn’t say it didn’t happen. I in fact said it could have but I didn’t remember him ever saying that.  But again my point is before we knew history had been purged Mike made an inflammatory statement about some one else, quoted a supposed exact statement then was unwilling to back up the accusations.  That’s pure weak sauce.  Back your #### up if you’re going to start flinging it.  Had he tried then found the history was gone it would be another thing.  But he wasn’t even willing.  

Point being that was not the case when this started, nobody  knew about the purge. He quoted an exact saying then was unwilling to back it up. Not cool. Secondly, at this point it’s he said he said.  
I knew about the purge. And we've all backed him up now. 5 posters remember the exact same thing. VERIFIED

You know he throws out the race card all the time. Shouldnt be shocking to you. 

I knew about the purge. And we've all backed him up now. 5 posters remember the exact same thing. VERIFIED

I’m talking about Mikes actions from the start Tony. Not about whether Tim may or may not have said it.  I’ve said 5 times now he could have I just don’t remember him doing it. Can’t make that any more clear.  The fact is if someone was making accusations about something you said but then wouldn’t back it up you’d call it weak too.  You know it.  

Again, Tim wasn't the only one.  There are NUMEROUS posters in here who have played/still play that card.  And I only got here what?  A year ago?  I can only imagine what it was like back in 2016.

I feel like we're just piling on Tim now, though.

This is a garbage lie and you’re the lowest of the low for repeating it. At this point if I get suspended I don’t care. 

Again, Tim wasn't the only one.  There are NUMEROUS posters in here who have played/still play that card.  And I only got here what?  A year ago?  I can only imagine what it was like back in 2016.

I feel like we're just piling on Tim now, though.
Dude, you have posted a couple times about the left being race hustlers, etc... 

Exactly.  Not trying to quote him word for word and get caught up in the semantics but I've seen him accuse posters of being racist several times.  

Honestly, and I do mean honestly, I’m shocked so many people here are OK with someone making personal inflammatory comments about someone else but not even being willing to back up.  

1.  It's likely it was deleted if it was reported

2.  Everything is gone from 2017 and before.

3.  You've called or implied so many people are racist, support racism, support bigotry, support sexism, etc... that everyone has lost count

4.  You calling other posters awful people is disgusting and a reflection of you.
Hes just exhausting 

makes sense.

it's amusing that some who are railing on Tim for supposedly throwing out generalizations also post generalizations about the other side.  

it's almost like we should just stop doing that crap altogether.  :shrug:
Generalization?  What the hell are you talking about. This is a very specific thing.  The opposite of generalizing. Do you just post to hear yourself or something?  

Generalization?  What the hell are you talking about. This is a very specific thing.  The opposite of generalizing. Do you just post to hear yourself or something?  
a post about making a generalization about a group of people around here.  

isn't that what people are mostly #####ing about in here- If Tim did or did not claim Trump supporters were bigots? 

Honestly, and I do mean honestly, I’m shocked so many people here are OK with someone making personal inflammatory comments about someone else but not even being willing to back up.  
Willing?  It's been collaborated by multiple independent sources. 

You really shouldn't be.
Maybe.  But I’ve been here well over 10 years and really feel like this place is made up overwhelming of good people, both right, left, conservative, liberal, Trump supporting or not. So it is surprising to me.    

a post about making a generalization about a group of people around here.  

isn't that what people are mostly #####ing about in here- If Tim did or did not claim Trump supporters were bigots? 
No it's both, but, very specific to posters in here. At individuals. That the bigger rub I think. 

No it's both, but, very specific to posters in here. At individuals. That the bigger rub I think. 
I could be blurring the details of what I'm supposed to be mad about.  

just thought this exchange was a bit amusing after a couple people made pretty general shots at what supposedly most of the posters here think without actual specifics.  

I guess I lump this crap under the same umbrella, but others don't.  hence my bringing up generalizations about groups of posters in these threads.  

I apologize to anybody reading this that they have to put up with garbage by @tonydead, @supermike80, and another guy who I’ve promised never to respond to. They are trolls and if not for this personal insult I wouldn’t respond to them either. 
It is a personal insult to me to claim that I ever wrote that all Trump supporters are racist, or that I ever implied it, or came close to implying it, It is a personal insult to me to claim that I ever called anyone in this forum a racist without direct cause. There is no one in this forum currently who I believe is a racist. There are, however, trolls and some pretty awful people and those who falsely accuse me are among them. 

hate is probably a strong word.  
rockaction is a good guy and I have no problems with him at all. I differ with him on the details of what I wrote a few years back but that’s fine. 
The other two who have accused me in here are garbage. Their posts are almost always garbage particularly when directed at me. I don’t hate them (I don’t hate anyone here) but I detest them and wish they would simply go away. 

KarmaPolice said:
hate is probably a strong word.  
I probably feel more simpatico about tim than most of the posters he's disagreeing with. Probably easily. I like tim. I just think it's important to remember what was said for posterity. That they make the search function impossible and finding stuff like a needle in a haystack is problematic at times. And like I've said, perhaps memory is faulty. But I remembered, in the ACLU thread, that Bottomfeeder Sports was all over me, quite wrongly, back in 2012 or 2013 and was right about my memory there, too. Certain things stick in my craw. The only thing that gives me pause was I was still drinking back then and might have messed up the nuance of what tim was saying, but I doubt it. I remember thinking it was unhinged and not right. And it was repeated on multiple occasions, I thought.

And that's all I'm going to contribute anymore to this thread and these accusations because it really sounds like I'm after tim and that I think this is a really big deal, neither of which I find to be the case. tim says he's changed his mind about certain things that weren't even the broadest of brushes, and that's more than enough for me.

timschochet said:
rockaction is a good guy and I have no problems with him at all. I differ with him on the details of what I wrote a few years back but that’s fine. 
The other two who have accused me in here are garbage. Their posts are almost always garbage particularly when directed at me. I don’t hate them (I don’t hate anyone here) but I detest them and wish they would simply go away. 
Dude.  You’re going to get suspended for this.  And the forum will be worse off for it.

You are letting them troll you.  

timschochet said:

I'm probably more simpatico with tim than most of the posters he's disagreeing with. Probably easily. I like tim. I just think it's important to remember what was said for posterity. That they make the search function impossible and finding stuff like a needle in a haystack is problematic at times. And like I've said, perhaps memory is faulty. But I remembered, in the ACLU thread, that Bottomfeeder Sports was all over me, quite wrongly, back in 2012 or 2013 and was right about my memory there, too. Certain things stick in my craw. The only thing that gives me pause was I was still drinking back then and might have messed up the nuance of what tim was saying, but I doubt it. I remember thinking it was unhinged and not right. And it was repeated on multiple occasions, I thought.

And that's all I'm going to contribute anymore to this thread and these accusations.
I get it, like I said - hate was a strong word, and was going to post that I wasn't specifically taking about you RA.  just in general feels like there are a handful of posters that rub each other the wrong way. 

Dude.  You’re going to get suspended for this.  And the forum will be worse off for it.

Let them suspend me. If these guys lie about me and insult me and nothing happens to them, and I call them garbage for doing it (which they are) and get suspended, so be it. I won’t take back a word. 

tim did nothing wrong and shouldn't be suspended. Nobody is trolling anybody. These guys have a real grievance from past slights, real or perceived. If they're wrong, then they're wrong.

Me and supermike80 ain't traipsing in daisies when it comes to relations on the board, yet I take what he's saying at face value, correct or not.

timschochet said:
I apologize to anybody reading this that they have to put up with garbage by @tonydead, @supermike80, and another guy who I’ve promised never to respond to. They are trolls and if not for this personal insult I wouldn’t respond to them either. 
It is a personal insult to me to claim that I ever wrote that all Trump supporters are racist, or that I ever implied it, or came close to implying it, It is a personal insult to me to claim that I ever called anyone in this forum a racist without direct cause. There is no one in this forum currently who I believe is a racist. There are, however, trolls and some pretty awful people and those who falsely accuse me are among them. 
Am I correct that you have the audacity to call Trump a racist with absolutely no proof?

Users who are viewing this thread