What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much time do you spend apart from your significant other? (1 Viewer)

Excluding work-related activities, how much time do you spend apart?

• Barring unusual circumstances, we're always together

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • A couple hours here and there

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • An entire day on occasion

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Several days

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • A week or more

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
In an average month, how often are you apart? What type of things do you do, and what is off-limits?

Last edited by a moderator:
Covid has changed everything.. ☹️

But in a normal year, I go to Canada twice a year for 7 to 10 days.. So a minimum of 14 days a year.

But in a month not apart much. A few hours when she leaves for work (I work from home).. Otherwise she'll go visit our daughter alone once a week for an hour or so.

All of this is pre COVID:

We both love to travel. We travel together often, but also take trips without each other. I am excluding work trips, which I mostly take alone. Even if she tags along on a work trip, she is typically off on her own as I am busy.

We regularly have a night out without each other. 

It probably adds to to less than a week per month on average, but close.

All of this is pre COVID:

We both love to travel. We travel together often, but also take trips without each other. I am excluding work trips, which I mostly take alone. Even if she tags along on a work trip, she is typically off on her own as I am busy.

We regularly have a night out without each other. 

It probably adds to to less than a week per month on average, but close.
Almost the same here. A few days in a typical month, and at least one week climbing trip per year. I used to take a month-long mountain vacation apart from her every winter as well, but that has been whittled away with time.

We've both been married and divorced, and neither one of us wants to get married again.   I also don't want to live with her.   So since we both have our own homes, we tend to spend about 2-3 days a week doing our own things.   

Before covid quite a bit. Travel for work had me out of town prolly 10 days a month.

Post covid I’d say we are together a lot, A LOT. 

Try to see at least one every other day or two, but, sometimes it ends up being a week-plus between seeing each other for some of the girls in the rotation. Not sure how to answer.

I picked couple hours.

Unless we're sipping cocktails she usually goes to bed by 9, so I usually have this time of day to myself. We always have our exercise time to ourselves, but besides that before now it depends on whether I'm coaching. I don't coach baseball, so we spend most summer nights together. I twilight golf a few times per summer though. Weekends are always variable. Sometimes she organizes something with her friends, sometimes I do with mine, she'll go shopping with one of her friends once per month or so, similar with me and golf/poker, and we each probably do a long weekend away every year or two. The only constant is me finding something else to do when she decides it's time to rage clean.

We're apart more than together. A good part of that is just having kids at different ages doing different things. 

And she volunteers with St jude's a few days every few months, plus taking our daughter to St jude's a few days every few months. My work, training, and some volunteer activities take time too.

Just depends:

We're both working from home now so together a lot during the day.

Evening just depends on the kids schedules - if I'm coaching a practice she won't be there, if kids have games at the same time, we divide and conquer, and sometimes she will have a girls night out or, albeit rarer, I'll have a guys night.

Occasionally on weekends she may have a girls trip (ie a bunch of the basketball moms did a winery trip a few weeks ago), or I may have a guys thing, or if I'm coaching a team that one of our kids isn't on, she won't come to those games.

Every so often perhaps a weekend trip on our own - me to Vegas occasionally for opening weekend of football, she perhaps a girls trip or overnight trip with her mom/sister.

Basically pretty normal stuff.

It varies.  She hardly goes anywhere without me

ill do an occasional guys night out every few months.  Once in awhile a longer weekend trip of something like that

Also I voted not counting business trips. I’ll do M-F trips several times a year

Covid changed things a bit with us both working from home, but even then I still got out a good bit. 

I travel solo occasionally and I definitely am out at night solo (with guy buddies) 3-5 nights a month.

I handle most house-related errands as well, so I'm out during the day several days a week for a few hours at a time (shopping, lunches, beers w buddies, etc). 

Love her dearly, but we are both independent people who value our solo time as well.

Can't understand how some folks are attached at the hip 24/7. Couldn't do it. 

as little as possible. intentionally.

longtime widower, but i'll attest to my Mary being my One True by noting that i have not had a serious relationship since and was only in my mid40s when she died

stipulating that, we avoided each other like the plague over our 12 yrs together, even breaking up on occasion in order to stay together. she was a nurse - weird hours, long shifts - i was playing cards for a living at the time and we had no kids, so no harm. the first few breakups were real, until we realized we had spoiled the other for anyone else.

both volatile, both independent, both voluminous consumers of the air in the room, both desperately in love. we pretty much cleared the dance floor everywhere we went.  she got the ideal mate for dealing with her family (no easy chore, sine her Nazi doctor father regularly raped & traded her as a child), encouraging the tempest within, enduring her binges, scratching the itch in her switch and keeping her piece in the puzzle. i got someone who NEVER told me what to do or how to do it, made me feel like i was ####### the world with her on my arm and was ALWAYS a willing partner.

so there's your exception by which to measure the rule. nufced

The only times we don't spend the night in the same place is if I'm travelling overnight to ref a college football game or attend a camp (which I am doing this weekend).  There have been a couple of times when she went to visit one of her brothers during her Summer break (one is in PHX, the other in Indy) and I couldn't get off work, so I didn't go with her and the kids but I would have gone if I could.

We do a lot together and with our kids, but we don't typically plan days apart or anything since we are both very busy with work and kids' activities already.  Occasionally I'll play golf with a buddy or go hang out at my sister's house to watch a game with my brother-in-law and drink some beers. I imagine once the kids are out of the house we may each plan an occasional trip with friends or family that doesn't include the other, but that's still a decade away probably.  Right now we are in a very good rhythm and are closer than ever over our 21 year marriage.

Somewhere in between a couple of hours here and there and an entire day on occasion.  We have our own activities so after dinner most nights we don't see each other until bedtime.  Weekends we typically spend most of our time together.  

It's hard to say excluding work-related activities, because in non-COVID time, and now that we are getting back to it, I leave Sunday night or Monday morning and come back Th evening. She does the same.

Went with a few days. Every month I'm likely gone for work (hearings in other counties) at least a couple of nights. I play golf as well most weekends so that adds up. Then, occasionally, she'll do a girls thing/trip or she'll take the kids somewhere. 

I am very happy with it. I think she'd prefer more time together but work is work and she is smart enough to know I can only handle the hours I do (and therefore the money I make) by comparing myself against others in a sport at least 1x/week. 

This is where my wife and I differ. 

I just like being alone once in awhile

Users who are viewing this thread