What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ β€‹βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ EURO 2020 βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ ​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ People are saying THIS is the new greatest moment in sports history (2 Viewers)

Italy has been the best team in the tournament since the first kick.Β  Consistent every game.

Watching them turn into Hondruas certainly preps us for the Gold Cup in the worst way possible :)

Even though I think Italy has been the best team, England's advantage of playing at home in the last two games (if they make it) is so big it evens things out a lot.

First, those antics by Italy didn't really happen until late. Second, those antics were quite tame compared to years past (by others as well, but especially by Italy). Third, there were some legit injuries. Obviously Spinazzola was a true injury. Belotti had a huge bruise under his eye from getting hit that didn't seem like much at the time. Even Donnarumma got hit but it was by his own player. There really wasn't THAT much more flopping/time wasting than we typically see. We were just lucky to have a really free flowing game without much stoppage for the first 75 that the final 15+5 seemed anticlimactic, IMO.
Italy is my second favorite team behind the US but even I want to give this a card

https://twitter.com/arlowhite/status/1411056758337032193?s=20

First, those antics by Italy didn't really happen until late. Second, those antics were quite tame compared to years past (by others as well, but especially by Italy). Third, there were some legit injuries. Obviously Spinazzola was a true injury. Belotti had a huge bruise under his eye from getting hit that didn't seem like much at the time. Even Donnarumma got hit but it was by his own player. There really wasn't THAT much more flopping/time wasting than we typically see. We were just lucky to have a really free flowing game without much stoppage for the first 75 that the final 15+5 seemed anticlimactic, IMO.
Liverpool suck and you run funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Italy is my second favorite team behind the US but even I want to give this a card

https://twitter.com/arlowhite/status/1411056758337032193?s=20
That was on the first goal. So not really anything to do with complaints at the end of the game.

They didn't show a replay if he was actually fouled. He was in the box and we all know players embellish to draw attention to fouls. Embellishment I'm ok with. Diving I'm not.

If he dove, it should be a card and I wish they'd go back and give them if missed.Β 

that was my point.Β  There were issues beyond the stuff at the end.Β  I know every team does this but I still hate it (and hate it when US players do it as well)
Gian and I were debating this and that’s generally my take. Β But I told him two thingsΒ - 1. I don’t think it takes away from their win at all and didn’t affect the game at all and 2. It wasn’t in the same stratosphere of bad like we see in Concacaf and for example, in that Peru match where a guy got sent off and totally changed the match when a dude embellished something that was almost not even a foul.

I was disappointed in Belgium but super impressed with Italy. Β Entertaining football has mostly been rewarded in the tournament so far. Β And this has been vastly superior to COPA in just about every way - stadiums, pitches, refs, tactics, broadcastΒ and entertainment.

that was my point.Β  There were issues beyond the stuff at the end.Β  I know every team does this but I still hate it (and hate it when US players do it as well)
As we are discussing this, I'm pretty sure we are obviously on the same page with diving.

But, are you saying you also dislike embellishment and think it should be carded?

To be clear with what I'm talking about, a foul occurs and a player "makes a meal of it" to get attention. It's not as bad as they make it out, but it's still a foul and should be called. Do you have a problem with players doing that?

In the example you linked, Immobile looked to catch a high boot in the penalty box. He definitely wasn't hurt as he was rolling around, but if he was fouled and it wasn't seen at first, especially in the era of video review of possible penalties, would you prefer he does nothing at all?Β 

And to be clear, I would want it reviewed and if there was no contact, then he should get a card every single time.Β 

Came here to complain about Italy, glad to see it's already been covered.Β  Really bummed to see them go through.Β  My least favorite team in the tournament by far.Β  I hope they lose in the most heartbreaking way possible so they actually have something to cry about.

Your dude laid crumpledΒ in the box like he'd been shot for 30 seconds, until his teammate put the ball in goal.Β  Then "SUPRISE!" he was fine.

It's a part of the game.Β  The worst part.

Your dude laid crumpledΒ in the box like he'd been shot for 30 seconds, until his teammate put the ball in goal.Β  Then "SUPRISE!" he was fine.

Sorry, didn't realize you'd pretty much covered this.

From a VERY LIMITED fan of the sport's perspective, I don't think they should card embellishment.Β  I'd rather they put the ball down, blow the whistle, and force the play to resume.Β  Guy on the ground's team gets the free kick?Β  His teammate can take it.Β  Dude can choose to get up and play or keep rolling around.Β  NBA flopping also sucks...I just hate the manipulation and play-acting.Β Β 

As we are discussing this, I'm pretty sure we are obviously on the same page with diving.

But, are you saying you also dislike embellishment and think it should be carded?

To be clear with what I'm talking about, a foul occurs and a player "makes a meal of it" to get attention. It's not as bad as they make it out, but it's still a foul and should be called. Do you have a problem with players doing that?

In the example you linked, Immobile looked to catch a high boot in the penalty box. He definitely wasn't hurt as he was rolling around, but if he was fouled and it wasn't seen at first, especially in the era of video review of possible penalties, would you prefer he does nothing at all?Β 

And to be clear, I would want it reviewed and if there was no contact, then he should get a card every single time.Β 
The problem with embellishment happens in every sport and it’s just so hard to determine. Β A cleat on top of the foot can hurt like a mother####er for a minute or two.

I proposed something during the season when there was some play being discussed and my idea is retroactive reviews but not yellow cards but some new thing that could accumulate and get to a level of suspension if you continue to do it. Β Doubt it will happen.

That was on the first goal. So not really anything to do with complaints at the end of the game.

They didn't show a replay if he was actually fouled. He was in the box and we all know players embellish to draw attention to fouls. Embellishment I'm ok with. Diving I'm not.

If he dove, it should be a card and I wish they'd go back and give them if missed.Β 
Immobile should've been given a triple red card at the start of the Euros & saved all of usΒ the trouble.

True these European teams need to step up their games and bring in some Concacaf consultants.

-QG

EuroΒ 2020/Copa America Goals By Club

Juventus (ITA) - 10

Inter Milan (ITA) - 9

Liverpool (ENG) - 8

Manchester City (ENG) - 8

Atalanta (ITA) - 7

Real Madrid (ESP) - 7

RB Leipzig (GER) - 6

Barcelona (ESP) - 5

Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) - 5

Bayern Munich (GER) - 4

Bayer Leverkusen (GER) - 4

Borussia Dortmund (GER) - 4

Chelsea (ENG) - 4

Atletico Miniero (BRA) - 3

Benevento (ITA) - 3

Benfica (POR) - 3

Lyon (FRA)Β - 3

Manchester United (ENG) - 3

Al Hilal (KSA) - 2

Borussia Monchengladbach (GER) - 2

Club Bolivar (BOL) - 2

Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)Β  - 2

Flemengo (BRA) - 2

Gent (BEL) - 2

Lazio (ITA) - 2

Napoli (ITA) - 2

Nice (FRA) - 2

PSV Eindhoven (NED) - 2

San Lorenzo (ARG) - 2

Santos Laguna (MEX) - 2

Sassuolo (ITA) - 2

Sevilla (ESP) - 2

West Ham United (ENG) - 2

Al-Taawoun (KSA) - 1

Atlanta United (USA) - 1

Atletico Madrid (ESP) - 1

Augsburg (GER) - 1

Blackburn Rovers (ENG2) - 1

Boca Juniors (ARG) - 1

Caracas (VEN) - 1

Cardiff City (WAL) - 1

Celtic (SCO) - 1

Cruz Azul (MEX) - 1

CSKA Moscow (RUS) - 1

Dnipro 1 (UKR) - 1

Dunjaska Streda (SVK) - 1

Emmen (NED) - 1

Everton (ENG) - 1

Fehervar (HUN) - 1

Fenerbahçe (TUR) - 1

Genoa (ITA) - 1

Hoffenheim (GER) - 1

Junior (COL) - 1

Krasnodar (RUS) - 1

Leeds United (ENG) - 1

Leon (MEX) - 1

Mainz (GER) - 1

Newcastle United (ENG) - 1

Palmeiras (BRA) - 1

Patronato (ARG) - 1

Porto (POR) - 1

Real Betis (ESP) - 1

Real Sociedad (ESP) - 1

Rizespor (TUR) - 1

Sampdoria (ITA) - 1

Shanghai Port (CHN) - 1

Slavia Prague (CZE) - 1

Sporting Lisbon (POR) - 1

Swansea City (WAL) - 1

Torino (ITA) - 1

Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) - 1

Union Berlin (GER) - 1

VfB Stuttgart (GER) - 1

Wolfsburg (GER) - 1

Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS) - 1

(OG) Borussia Dortmund (GER) - 2

(OG) Juventus (ITA) - 2

(OG) Barcelona (ESP) - 1

(OG) Bayer Leverkusen (GER) - 1

(OG) Borussia Monchengladbach -1

(OG) Celta Vigo (ESP) - 1

(OG) Club Bolivar (BOL) - 1

(OG) Everton (ENG) - 1

(OG) Manchester City (ENG) - 1

(OG) Newcastle United (ENG) - 1

(OG) Parma (ITA) - 1

Euro 2020/Copa America Goals By League

Serie A (ITA) - 38

Premier League (ENG) - 29

Bundesliga (GER) -26

La Liga (ESP) - 17

Ligue 1 (FRA) - 10

BrasileirΓ£o (BRA) - 6

Primeira Liga (POR) - 5

Argentine Primera Division (ARG) - 4

LigaMX (MEX) - 4

English Championship (ENG2/WAL) - 3

Eredivisie (NED) - 3

Russian Premier League (RUS) - 3

Saudi Professional League (KSA) - 3

Belgian First Division A (BEL) - 2

Bolivian Primera Division (BOL) - 2

Prva HNL (CRO) - 2

SΓΌper Lig (TUR) - 2

CategorΓ­a Primera A (COL) - 1

Chinese Super League (CHN) - 1

Czech First League (CZE) - 1

Major League Soccer (USA) - 1

Nemzeti BajnoksΓ‘g I (HUN) - 1

Scottish Premiership (SCO) - 1

Ukrainian Premier League (UKR) - 1

Slovak Super Liga (SVK) - 1

Venezuelan Primera DivisiΓ³n (VEN) - 1

(OG) Bundesliga (GER) - 4

(OG)Β Serie A (ITA) - 3

(OG) Premier League (ENG) - 3

(OG) La Liga (ESP) - 2

(OG) Bolivian Primera Division (BOL) - 1

DecisionsΒ made for Fantasy :boxing:

(not really hard when subbing out 4 guys who combined for all of 4 points :bag:

-QG

So first off I just want to say Roberto Martinez can go F himself. Talk #### on the Azzuri get your ### kicked!!!!!! Show some respect!!!! BeenΒ Merda a parlare di noiΒ for yrs and celebrated the last time we were knocked out so Vaffanculo Roberto Martinez!!! Go wax your carrot to that!!!!!!Β 

Second what a Great win!!!!!. Cafe was lit today from streamers to powder blue at the end. The one guy who is Milan Club Philly and I were out to about 11 PM tonight. We went to 2 other bars that were pro Belgium hoping to troll some Belgium Fans with a Lazio guy tonight. Yeah a Milan, Lazio and Roma fans all together tonight in Philly!!!!!! Peroni's and shots of aplenty tonight in Philly. Amazing walking the streets with Azzuri on as everyone was showing their res-expects and congratulating us on the win.Β 

2nd such a heart ruching and sickening feeling for Spinazolla who is the player of the Euros so far tearing his Achilles. Absolutely heartbreaking. I might be Milan but soft spot for Roma for years and seeing Spinza the warrior go down like that is heartbreaking. Forza Spinza an even the team showed it's appreciation on the plan.Β 

Hey Roy Keane: We haven't beaten anyone yet huh? Get back to me when England beat someone in this tourney off of English Soil!!!!!! Hopefully Shevchenko sends your squad home tomorrow and you can knell to the the Azzuri and show your respects to the Don finally.Β 

The Swiss would've been cool to play Tuesday as they are like our Little Brother but Bring on Spain. 2014 We need to revenge.Β 

What to see some Crazy Philly Italians?Β 

Gran Cafe Philly Azzurri Club

Italy has been the best team in the tournament since the first kick.Β  Consistent every game.

Watching them turn into Hondruas certainly preps us for the Gold Cup in the worst way possible :)

Even though I think Italy has been the best team, England's advantage of playing at home in the last two games (if they make it) is so big it evens things out a lot.
England issues are they don't score enough and don't play as a team. They are incredible overrated and have had the advantage of being at home most of the tourney. Haven't been that impressed with them at all. Their lineups to start are to play to not lose. They throw that starting line up vs Italy in the Finals and they are gonna be chasing the match by halftime. Β They might have the names but everyone plays for themselves. They really should;ve lost the Scotland match. No business in drawing that one at all.Β 

As a supporter of a team that plays KDB at least twice a year I know the butt pucker the Italian fans are going through when he gets the ball anywhere near the box and unleashes a shot.Β  Dude is lethal.
Wasn't that bad. We were pretty calm. He's was pretty boring today thanks to that back 5 and GigiΒ 

Penalty?Β  I don't think this gets overturned.
Should've been. SHould've been. dive and yellow on the Belgium player but all of us Azzuri know UEFA/FIFA hate us. It be a big middle finger to them for us to win because they are in the EPL pockets when it comes to this fair play BS and the fact that the big 6 kept someone from buying Newcastle because it made the rest of them #### their pants of another player involved.Β 

I don't know how Italy keep getting into these spaces in front of goal so easily. They make it look easy. Just so many quality looks at goal.

Foot firmly planted on the gas. I love itΒ 
Because our Wingers are so good and speedy. Does any country have the speed and agility of Chiesa, Berardi, Insigne etc? I'd throw them against any wingers in Europe and bet on winning 9 of 10

Well deserved win - the antics the last 7 minutes, I can watch the COPA if I want to see that garbage.
Not as bad as the EPL diving these days it's gotten pretty bad there. Belloti got a nice shiner that should've been a Red Card on the Belgium Guy and Gigi jammed his Finger at the end. That kind of injury sucks because you got to pop it out and tap it up. Didn't see anything wrong with Italy at the end. I just saw a German ref still butt hurt about 06 honestlyΒ 

Plus it's not as bad as the flopping from Atlanta I saw in the CopaΒ 

They are tam compared to the BS that happens in CONCAFE on a routine bases and the BS that most of the top 6 EPL clubs do as well.Β 

I was pretty happy the refΒ added two extra minutes…if only Belgium could have taken advantage.Β 
Too much time added on. The German ref was obviously butthurt about 06. Never should've been a penalty and missed a clear Penalty for Italy in the 2nd halfΒ 

Came here to complain about Italy, glad to see it's already been covered.Β  Really bummed to see them go through.Β  My least favorite team in the tournament by far.Β  I hope they lose in the most heartbreaking way possible so they actually have something to cry about.
We're winning deal with it....Β  :P

Concafe is worse then this. They allow players to play who choke guys outΒ 

The BBC broadcast mentioned their average age was 33.6 years old and they certainly looked it
I use to sign Vergtogen back in the day to Milan up until about 3 yrs ago. Their backline is super old. This was Belgiums best shot at a trophy though. I expect a decline from here on outΒ 

TheRossonera Retweeted

OptaPaolo

@OptaPaolo

5 - L'Italia ha vinto cinque partite consecutive agli Europei per la prima volta nella sua storia; nessuna squadra ha mai fatto meglio - eguagliate Francia (1984), Olanda (tra il 1988 e il 1992) e Repubblica Ceca (tra il 2000 e 2004). Meraviglia. #BelgioItalia #EURO2020

Translated from Italian by

5 - Italy has won five consecutive games at the European Championships for the first time in its history; no team has ever done better - match France (1984), the Netherlands (between 1988 and 1992) and the Czech Republic (between 2000 and 2004). Wonder.

Should've been. SHould've been. dive and yellow on the Belgium player but all of us Azzuri know UEFA/FIFA hate us. It be a big middle finger to them for us to win because they are in the EPL pockets when it comes to this fair play BS and the fact that the big 6 kept someone from buying Newcastle because it made the rest of them #### their pants of another player involved.Β 

Not as bad as the EPL diving these days it's gotten pretty bad there. Belloti got a nice shiner that should've been a Red Card on the Belgium Guy and Gigi jammed his Finger at the end. That kind of injury sucks because you got to pop it out and tap it up. Didn't see anything wrong with Italy at the end. I just saw a German ref still butt hurt about 06 honestlyΒ 

Plus it's not as bad as the flopping from Atlanta I saw in the CopaΒ 
Wat?

Settle down man - your team won. Β It wasn’t a dive, Tielemans didn’t deserve a red and I have no clue what you mean about Atlanta in the COPA. Β 

I hate it when the goalie catches a lollipop at the end of a game and falls to the ground like he just made a diving save and lays there a good 5-10 seconds before slowly getting up.

Automatic red card for being a soccer time wasting wank.

I hate it when the goalie catches a lollipop at the end of a game and falls to the ground like he just made a diving save and lays there a good 5-10 seconds before slowly getting up.

Automatic red card for being a soccer time wasting wank.
I dont mind.Β 

But i do wish the refs would call the 6 second rule just once.

Well...just once besides against the US in Concacaf.

Users who are viewing this thread