What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gibson for a 4th Gaskin for a 14th (1 Viewer)

JB45

Footballguy
1 player keeper league. At first glance Gibson was a no brainer. However players drafted count 2 rounds higher the next year and the way the league is set up Gibson is not eligible to be kept next year. I can keep Gaskin for a 14th with many more keeper seasons available if he hits. I am starting to like the idea of Gaskin and keeping my 4th over Gibson as a value move. Am I overthing and should just go with the better player Gibson?

PPR? Lineup requirements? What position in the draft are you? 4.01 vs 4.12 could be a significant difference. You say Gibson is not eligible to be kept next year; so, you're saying that even though under normal circumstances he could be a 2nd round keeper next year, there are other rules that prevent you from keeping him?

Pending knowing this information, I would want Gibson. I doubt that Gaskin is going to be a perennial starter.

I think no matter the setup, you should keep Gibson.  I'd be amazed if Gaskin "hits".  Even if he does, odds are he still wouldn't have the job next year.  Way too many unknowns for Gaskin.

PPR? Lineup requirements? What position in the draft are you? 4.01 vs 4.12 could be a significant difference. You say Gibson is not eligible to be kept next year; so, you're saying that even though under normal circumstances he could be a 2nd round keeper next year, there are other rules that prevent you from keeping him?

Pending knowing this information, I would want Gibson. I doubt that Gaskin is going to be a perennial starter.

I am agreeing with "eighsse" here.   Is there a rule that you can't keep a player for the top two spots next year?  Even so, I am keeping Gibson.

You are completely overthinking this.  No need to be clever.  In a keep one league treat it like a redraft and keep the best player.  That is Gibson.  It really isn't even a question.  

Users who are viewing this thread