What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sony Michel (1 Viewer)

He should probably have gone around pick 110 but offers limited upside. Usually banged up, competing with Harris and Miller for carries, won’t catch passes with White there, Burkhead gets in the mix when healthy, and they just added a QB that will take away 100+ carries and many goal line carries. That being said, it appears he may be available for Week 1 (although how much NE would use him without any practice is a complete unknown). Add in that the NE offense is going to struggle, they create opponent specific game plans, and it’s possible the Patriots could be playing from behind, Michel could be on the sideline a lot. IMO, he’s a fantasy roster depth piece that people really hope they don’t need to play. 
Agreed that the Newton addition really dings his value...since it appears he just doesn't have it in the receiving game (19 receptions in two years) the worst thing that could happen to him fantasy-wise is having a QB that can take away the goal-line opportunities...if he is not getting into the end zone his upside is beyond limited.

He went at #135 in my redraft league tonight. That seems too low?
Nah, health questions, lack of confidence in Pats offense overall (most seem to be in a kind of “show me” mode right now)  and lack of receiving (PPR leagues) I’ve got him as a 13-15th round pick. 

i have him in dynasty & I likely wouldn’t take him in redraft at all. 

He should probably have gone around pick 110 but offers limited upside. Usually banged up, competing with Harris and Miller for carries, won’t catch passes with White there, Burkhead gets in the mix when healthy, and they just added a QB that will take away 100+ carries and many goal line carries. That being said, it appears he may be available for Week 1 (although how much NE would use him without any practice is a complete unknown). Add in that the NE offense is going to struggle, they create opponent specific game plans, and it’s possible the Patriots could be playing from behind, Michel could be on the sideline a lot. IMO, he’s a fantasy roster depth piece that people really hope they don’t need to play. 
I’m skeptical that the Pats will play 2020 Cam like 2019 Lamar Jackson, but he could snake some GL carries.

Still, IIRC the Pats have long been one of the most pass on 1st and goal inside the 5 teams in the NFL, and I’m not expecting that to change much.

IF Michele is healthy for week 1, and IF he’s getting the early touches, I wouldn’t expect much less than he put up last year, which wasn’t terrible, but still not worthy of much more than a 12-15th round dart throw.

so I agree about the value but not necessarily the reasoning you give behind it.  Maybe I’m way off, but this could be the best passing year of Cam’s career, as I don’t expect him to have that many designed runs. Dude isn’t a spring chicken, has a lengthy injury history & I suspect BB will want to keep him vertical for the long haul. Not saying he won’t run at all, but I doubt he takes 100+ carries.

Some GL likely, yes. 

Patriots RB Sony Michel (foot) dressed for practice for the first time. 

Michel's Wednesday debut at Patriots practice comes nearly a week after Patriots RB coach Ivan Fears said the running back "will be ready" to suit up for Week 1. Meanwhile, RB Damien Harris has shined in camp during Michel's absence. Fantasy managers might draft Michel as a late-round flier who might fall into early-round carries if Harris stumbles or misses time this year. Lamar Miller's role remains unclear. 

RELATED: 

Damien Harris

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter 

Aug 26, 2020, 10:07 AM ET

You know it’s time to give up when even Hot Sauce Guy has thrown in the towel 
:rolleyes:

I’d appreciate not having others speak for me or misrepresent my sentiments towards any player, thanks. Maybe you should focus more on the topics and less on me.💡 

i’ve been quite clear about Michele. I have him in 1 dynasty league because he was a free toss-in to balance a deal where I acquired Mike Evans. I paid literally nothing for him and I have zero expectations for him other than hoping “he can string a couple games together so I can move him for anything”.

I’ve said this repeatedly.  i never had a towel to “throw in” on Michele, because i’ve never been a Michele fan. 

Last year, I did accurately point out that he was never as bad as many suggested, since he had a good YPC (over 4) & his TD totals put him squarely in the weekly dart throw/flex play category. Many people here spoke of him like he was a cripple getting wheel-chaired out to the field every game on a knee that was held together by bubble gum & duct tape. As such I suggested buying low, but like, dirt cheap desperate for a RB low. 

One thing is certain: with today’s news he’s clearly not going away quietly, which could be good for a potential trade value spike but bad for my redraft prospects, as I was starting to get optimistic about Harris as a late round value. Then again it could also be good news as it’ll keep Harris’s ADP from rising, so its a mixed bag.

But kindly don’t misrepresent me. I’ve said clearly I do not see Michele as a redraft target, and was never a cheerleader for Sony Michele. I feel like this is a fair request. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're saying he's not better than that, thanks.
I don't think he's referring to him as a girl at all; I think it's a term of endearment that has nothing to do with sexism. That's my take. I usually think people are better than the lowest others think of them. I think it's just a quirk, nothing more. Like my father giving his car a pet female name like Nelly Bell. Stupid, but passable. 

I see no difference.  Same with Rome saying Christina Everett. 

It's petty, sexist, and rude.
He's been misspelling his name since he was on his jock. It's all motive, and there is none, and there's no evidence of it because of past behavior. When Michel was his object of adulation, he still did that.

So it's not like he's calling him a fragile girl. Get over it, tang.

Please stop referring to him as a girl, I would hope you're better than that.
It’s actually a force of habit. I am not referring to him as a girl. I dated a girl named Michele for a couple years. 

it always bugged me that her name only had 1 “l” in it, but I trained myself to type it correctly. 

so when i type Michel I subconsciously add an “e”.  

i will try to train myself out of this. Sorry it vexed you so. 

He's been misspelling his name since he was on his jock.
I never declared my man-love for Michel.

i always use the :wub:  for players I’m crushing on. Sony’s jock may have been ridden, but not by me. 

I was riding David Montgomery’s jock for a while.  I haz disappoint. :(  

the rest is accurate. 

I don't think he's referring to him as a girl at all; I think it's a term of endearment that has nothing to do with sexism. That's my take. I usually think people are better than the lowest others think of them. I think it's just a quirk, nothing more. Like my father giving his car a pet female name like Nelly Bell. Stupid, but passable. 
or he's just spelling it incorrectly.

My apologies for the above comment. HSG was noticeable because of Michele. He's a really knowledgeable football dude. Again, mea culpa, and I can't believe I'm winding up apologizing after defending him for something that was another poster's issue.

Back to Sony, please. 
Appreciate that - no worries. It’s just football. I explained my misspelling of Michel’s name. I don’t believe I chronically misspell player names, but I’ll try to be more careful in the future since it clearly bothers some people.

Still fascinated by the idea of being “anti” any member here. It’s just football. Some people need to get over themselves.

I just realized I've been spelling his name "Michael" this entire time.

Hope nobody reads anything into that...
Not in the slightest.

I think the important take-away here is that Damien Harris is now possibly going to be an even bigger bargain, because Michel’s presence / status will keep his ADP down.

that is, unless Miller takes the job.

NE Backfield is kind of a mess. I yearn for the days of Corey Dillon, who’s name I never misspelled. 

Not in the slightest.

I think the important take-away here is that Damien Harris is now possibly going to be an even bigger bargain, because Michel’s presence / status will keep his ADP down.

that is, unless Miller takes the job.

NE Backfield is kind of a mess. I yearn for the days of Corey Dillon, who’s name I never misspelled. 
Oh man, give me some Cincinnati Dillon any day of the week.

:rolleyes:

I’d appreciate not having others speak for me or misrepresent my sentiments towards any player, thanks. Maybe you should focus more on the topics and less on me.💡 
Just pointing out that you were glass 100% full most of last season. We can go back and quote how you were touting his lack of carries/volume as a barrier. It’s interesting when even the guy banging that drum last season, preaching on low sample sizes near the end of the season, is not so high anymore.

Just pointing out that you were glass 100% full most of last season. We can go back and quote how you were touting his lack of carries/volume as a barrier. It’s interesting when even the guy banging that drum last season, preaching on low sample sizes near the end of the season, is not so high anymore.
Funny, I don’t remember anything you’ve ever posted on this forum by comparison, so at least my posts are interesting I guess.

i’ve never been afraid to comment on a player in the moment. Sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m wrong. I expect to be right and wrong more in the future so maybe just accept that.  It happens to the best of us.

but thanks for noticing - I’m flattered. 

Funny, I don’t remember anything you’ve ever posted ok this forum by comparison, so at least my posts are interesting I guess.

i’ve never been afraid to comment on a player in the moment. Sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m wrong. I expect to be right and wrong more in the future so maybe just accept that.  It happens to the best of us.

but thanks for noticing - I’m flattered. 
They might be interesting but not in a good way. it’s clear you shoot from the hip, so to speak. If you’re going to do that, don’t be bent out of shape when someone brings it up as a lighthearted joke

Sony Michel has “pretty much traded” first-team reps with Damien Harris.

This conflicts with reports Harris has been dominating first-team reps. Michel is full-go in team drills despite missing three-plus weeks on the PUP list. He's shown “some burst hitting the holes and catching the ball out of the backfield.” It sounds like Michel is nearing full health, but he's not a lock to regain his starting role. It’s possible the Patriots go with a three-back committee to open the season, with Michel and Harris splitting early down snaps.

RELATED: 

Damien Harris

SOURCE: Boston Herald

Aug 28, 2020, 5:34 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread