What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College RB Trevor Etienne, Georgia (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Might be important for you DEVY drafters. Damn kids!!

Georgia RB Trevor Etienne booked for DUI, three other charge​

Georgia running back Trevor Etienne was arrested early Sunday for driving under the influence, reckless driving and two other misdemeanors, according to online records.
Etienne, a Florida transfer and the younger brother of Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne, was booked at 4:35 a.m. Sunday in the Athens-Clarke Jail and released about an hour later after posting bond.
The 20-year-old faces charges of DUI, reckless driving, failure to maintain lane/improper driving on the road and affixing materials that reduce visibility of windows/windshield. Etienne's DUI charge is classified as "less safe," which in Georgia means he can be convicted even if his blood-alcohol level is less than .08.

He has been projected as Georgia's top running back after transferring in from Florida, where he rushed for 1,472 yards and 14 touchdowns on 249 carries in two seasons. Etienne was an ESPN top 200 recruit in the 2022 class.
The team has not yet commented on Etienne's arrest. Etienne has been practicing with the team this spring.
Georgia has had a string of driving-related problems involving players in and around Athens, including an incident in January 2023 where recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy and player Devin Willock were killed while racing a car driven by star defensive lineman Jalen Carter. Both cars were traveling at more than 100 miles an hour.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Georgia law. Does the "less safe" distinction imply that his blood test doesn't indicate impairment, but he failed a field sobriety test?

I'm not familiar with Georgia law. Does the "less safe" distinction imply that his blood test doesn't indicate impairment, but he failed a field sobriety test?
The way I interpret "Etienne's DUI charge is classified as "less safe," which in Georgia means he can be convicted even if his blood-alcohol level is less than .08.",is exactly what it says. I looked it up and they have a zero tolerance law for those under age 21..

Georgia's DUI laws set a legal limit for blood alcohol concentration (BAC) at 0.08%. This means that if your BAC is 0.08% or higher, you can be charged with DUI. However, if you are under the age of 21, the legal limit is much lower, at 0.02%. If you are driving a commercial vehicle, the legal limit is 0.04%

Last edited:
It means they can charge you with DUI whenever they damn well please. It subverts the entire concept of BAC tolerances.

It means they can charge you with DUI whenever they damn well please. It subverts the entire concept of BAC tolerances.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but what it means is they are tougher on those under age 21 than not, with a 0.02 tolerance. Whereas it is 0.08 for those over 21. That is what it means.

Because those that are over 21 are more mature drinkers with more drunk driving experience, therefore more safe. :drive:

Last edited:
Not sure if you're joking or not, but what it means is they are tougher on those under age 21 than not, with a 0.02 tolerance. Whereas it is 0.08 for those over 21. That is what it means.
Not exactly.

The age provision is just one of 6 possible ways to classify DUI.

Being intoxicated, for the purposes of DUI in Georgia, means you:​
  • Are under the influence of alcohol to the extent that it is less safe to drive
  • Are under the influence of any drug to the extent that it is less safe to drive
  • Are under the intentional influence of any glue, aerosol or other toxic vapor to the extent that it is less safe to drive
  • Are under the combined influence of any of the three types of substances listed above to the extent that it is less safe to drive
  • Have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 grams or more at any time within three hours after driving or being in actual physical control, 0.02 for drivers under age 21 and 0.04 for drivers of commercial vehicles
  • Have any amount of marijuana or a controlled substance present in your blood or urine

Check out how broad that language is on the first two.

Because those that are over 21 are more mature drinkers with drunk driving experience, therefore more safe. :drive:
Doing something more often makes you better at it Of course!(I’m joking)
I don't drink and drive because I don't want to spill my drink (I'm also joking).
Joking? So you mean, you do drink and drive because you don't care about spilling your drink? I hope you keep a stocked mini fridge in the car, with that kind of reckless mindset, or you could find yourself sober and thirsty. These drinks are not free, either, you gotta think of the financial implications of the spill. 🍻

Because those that are over 21 are more mature drinkers with drunk driving experience, therefore more safe. :drive:
Doing something more often makes you better at it Of course!(I’m joking)
I don't drink and drive because I don't want to spill my drink (I'm also joking).
Joking? So you mean, you do drink and drive because you don't care about spilling your drink? I hope you keep a stocked mini fridge in the car, with that kind of reckless mindset, or you could find yourself sober and thirsty. These drinks are not free, either, you gotta think of the financial implications of the spill. 🍻
My wife charges me for the minifridge mini bottles that I take out. She charges the same as they do in hotels. I've always resented her for that.

Users who are viewing this thread