What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Draft Slot/ Keeper(s) do I Choose? WHIR (1 Viewer)

Which Draft Slot/ Keeper(s) do I Choose?

• Take the 12th pick, Keep Nick Chubb (1st rd) + Ekeler or Robinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take the 5th pick, Keep Ekeler & Robinson, draft Kelce

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

4th&inches

Footballguy
I previously asked this, but with all the recent news & updates, my entire thought process has shifted

12-team keeper league. We can keep 4 players (drafted after the 5th round) & i have my choice of draft pick (only picks unavailable are 1 & 2). 

Definitely keeping:

• Josh Allen (5th rd)
  • Antonio Gibson (6th rd)
Need help on remaining 2:

• Nick Chubb (1st rd - can choose 12th pick)
  • Austin Ekeler (4th rd)
  • James Robinson (15th rd)
I'm torn whether to choose:

• 12th pick, keep Chubb + 1 of the other RB's
or

• toss Chubb back, keep Ekeler & Robinson, & take the 5th pick, target Kelce/ best WR (I expect 1st 4 picks to be RB's). 

Looking for any/ all input. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read your first post... as I was a bit confused.  I agree with Gally's take.  I would keep Chubb, grab spot 12 and go from there.  Also, with the latest news, I would also keep Robinson.  

So, if I am right (just want to make sure)...   #1 Chubb...  #5 Allen...  #6 Gibson...  #15 Robinson...  are your pick slots that are taken.  Not a bad start here.

Sometimes, I don't mind having slot 11...especially if I have a few players that are ranked in the same group.  I would take my best player, then let the next team take his/her two and still leaves me with one of the 3 or 4 that I would not mind.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read your first post... as I was a bit confused.  I agree with Gally's take.  I would keep Chubb, grab spot 12 and go from there.  Also, with the latest news, I would also keep Robinson.  

So, if I am right (just want to make sure)...   #1 Chubb...  #5 Allen...  #6 Gibson...  #15 Robinson...  are your pick slots that are taken.  Not a bad start here.

Sometimes, I don't mind having slot 11...especially if I have a few players that are ranked in the same group.  I would take my best player, then let the next team take his/her two and still leaves me with one of the 3 or 4 that I would not mind.  

Thanks for the input. And to hopefully clarify my initial question:

• The #'s associated with each player would be the corresponding Draft Round I'd be giving up by keeping said player (i.e. Chubb = 1st round, Ekeler = 4th round, J. Allen = 5th round, Gibson = 6th round, Robinson = 15th round)
  • I can only keep 4 players total and would give up picks in above rounds mentioned
  • I also have my choice of draft slot (picks 3-12 are still available)

• IF I keep Chubb, in order to get the most "value" for my 1st round pick that I'm giving up, I'd choose the 12th spot (although 1.11 per above wouldn't be terrible either), lose my 1.12 pick, go BPA at 2.01, & my last keeper would likely be Robinson > Ekeler
  • IF I do not keep Chubb, I still have my 1st round pick, would likely choose pick 1.05 and target Kelce (since i'd already have 3x RB's in Ekeler, Gibson, & Robinson)
Again, thank you for taking the time to read & comment!

Agree with the others. I think you definitely keep Robinson. For the value, I think I take Ekeler and keep the first round pick. You'd then also get all of the flexibility with 3 RBs already in hand and you might still have Chubb fall to you if you really wanted him back too instead of Kelce/WR. I would doubt Ekeler would last that long if you let him go, so he's the better value pick and gives you the ability to make a different kind of big splash in the 1st when others will have to be going RB.

Would appreciate thoughts : https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/799457-trade-for-parris-campbell/

Users who are viewing this thread