What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Phenomenon Of “Let’s Go Brandon” Chants (1 Viewer)

No..It's not close.  If I am diagnosed with lung cancer, I believe it is wise to seek a second opinion.   
I think you missed the first question. So if the second opinion confirmed the first opinion, that your child was indeed transgender, then you would accept it?

Oh yes. Its all PC and wokism.   Nah…its called supporting your freaking kids.   If thats who my kid is…then I am supporting them in any way I can.  That includes counseling and speaking with my child and yes encouraging them to be who they are. That isn’t appalling or disgusting or criminal.  Its called being a parent.

I think you missed the first question. So if the second opinion confirmed the first opinion, that your child was indeed transgender, then you would accept it?
No I wouldn't.   That's like asking me to accept a mental health professional diagnose my child as a martian.  It wouldn;t happen.   

But your throwing up a situation that would NEVER happen in a professional environment.  

That's like saying, "If the doctor told you the earth was flat and you asked for a 2nd opinion and THAT doctor said the Earth was flat, would you accept it?"

No I wouldn't.   That's like asking me to accept a mental health professional diagnose my child as a martian.  It wouldn;t happen.   
No…because a martian isn’t actually a thing.  So it seems you are of the believe that being transgendered isn’t actually a thing beyond a mental condition.  Is that true?

Arlt what point do you believe your child is telling you who they actually are and its not just in their head?

So I guess that's my point. You will only accept a professional that agrees with your viewpoint. I don't see it as much different then no consulting a professional at all if you are never going to accept their expertise unless you agree with it.

Oh yes. Its all PC and wokism.   Nah…its called supporting your freaking kids.   If thats who my kid is…then I am supporting them in any way I can.  That includes counseling and speaking with my child and yes encouraging them to be who they are. That isn’t appalling or disgusting or criminal.  Its called being a parent.
You really can support your kids by not always accepting every fleeting thought that comes into their heads you know?  You do know that right?  You are the ADULT...You should have wisdom and experience to help guide your children--not just blindly accept something because you think it's supporting your kids.  

If your kid came out and said he thinks he wants to go on a killing spree.....what then? No mental health support?  Just talk to him about it?  Support the murderous feelings coursing through your children?  No.  Of course not.  You'd step in.  Youd get your kid help. Just as you should here.  Be the grown up for christ sakes.

But your throwing up a situation that would NEVER happen in a professional environment.  

That's like saying, "If the doctor told you the earth was flat and you asked for a 2nd opinion and THAT doctor said the Earth was flat, would you accept it?"
Are you saying no mental health professional will advise you to allow your child to transition?

Yeah my point.  But I guess every mental health professional is gonna agree that my kid is a transsexual.  No other options it seems and I have to accept it.  

You really can support your kids by not always accepting every fleeting thought that comes into their heads you know?  You do know that right?  You are the ADULT...You should have wisdom and experience to help guide your children--not just blindly accept something because you think it's supporting your kids.  

If your kid came out and said he thinks he wants to go on a killing spree.....what then? No mental health support?  Just talk to him about it?  Support the murderous feelings coursing through your children?  No.  Of course not.  You'd step in.  Youd get your kid help. Just as you should here.  Be the grown up for christ sakes.
A killing spree is a crime.  Has zero to do with being transgender and equating it to murder is absolutely ridiculous.  You cant be serious with this.

Being a grown up is understanding it’s not just something in their head.  If that is who they are…damn right Im going to support my child.  And that understanding that is knowing its not just some fleeting thought.

A killing spree is a crime.  Has zero to do with being transgender and equating it to murder is absolutely ridiculous.  You cant be serious with this.

Being a grown up is understanding it’s not just something in their head.  If that is who they are…damn right Im going to support my child.  And that understanding that is knowing its not just some fleeting thought.
Oh thats a silly distinction and you know it.    Again, not automatically accepting anything your child thinks doesn't at all mean you aren't supporting it.  You mentioned it earlier, it's called parenting.   

So they aren’t really that way…and your course of action is what?  Find a mental health professional that will make them change how they feel?   Never accept that is who your child really is?
No one said change.  You can't necessarily cure mental illness and you know it.  However would I ensure it could not alter it's physical body, yep.  No question.   Mental patients need treatment, monitoring, in many cases so they don't harm themselves.

Oh thats a silly distinction and you know it.    Again, not automatically accepting anything your child thinks doesn't at all mean you aren't supporting it.  You mentioned it earlier, it's called parenting.   

If you don't get Poster of the YearTM in here then I'm going to lead a protest demanding justice.   :)

I need a new TV anyways, so I'm hoping you don't get it.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't get Poster of the YearTM in here then I'm going to lead a protest demanding justice.   :)

I need a new TV anyways, so I'm hoping you don't get it.  :)
I know we are way off topic here, so I am trying to stop posting but I have a question for you and supermike. Would you let your son wear dresses? Not transgender, no plans to transition. Just really likes dresses so he wants to wear them.

Its nit silly.  A crime and murder is just not even in the realm.  Its ridiculous and I think  you know that.  
Who said automatically accepting it and just throwing ip hands?  That is not at all what I have said.  The whole thing about talking with them…understanding them and making sure they understand ( and yes involving counseling as well)

Yes…parenting.  Not just forcing a believe that it must just be a fleeting thought.

Its nit silly.  A crime and murder is just not even in the realm.  Its ridiculous and I think  you know that.  
Who said automatically accepting it and just throwing ip hands?  That is not at all what I have said.  The whole thing about talking with them…understanding them and making sure they understand ( and yes involving counseling as well)

Yes…parenting.  Not just forcing a believe that it must just be a fleeting thought.
Well I just hope if that ever happens you don't try to deal with it alone.  Engage professionals please.   A child's mental health is at stake.   

I know we are way off topic here, so I am trying to stop posting but I have a question for you and supermike. Would you let your son wear dresses? Not transgender, no plans to transition. Just really likes dresses so he wants to wear them.

How old of a son?  Under 18?  Probably not on a regular basis, if at all. 

Ultimately, he makes the choice when he's an adult.  Still my son and I'd still love him but that doesn't mean I have to support every choice of his.

How old of a son?  Under 18?  You bet.

Ultimately, he makes the choice when he's an adult.  Still my son and I'd still love him but that doesn't mean I have to support every choice of his.
I would too. Play with dolls, wear dresses.  That's not unusual.  What I would NOT do is immediately start talking to a doctor about puberty blockers or other completely horrible things because my son wanted to wear a dress sometimes.  That's the difference.    

I would too. Play with dolls, wear dresses.  That's not unusual.  What I would NOT do is immediately start talking to a doctor about puberty blockers or other completely horrible things because my son wanted to wear a dress sometimes.  That's the difference.    

I misread the question and modified my original post. I probably would not let him do it on a regular basis if my child was under 18.  While I understand curiosity is something we need to allow kids to have, I still believe in parental oversight on guiding their children properly.

Who out there has said do so?  I mean nobody seems to be advocating anything close to this.

I misread the question and modified my original post. I probably would not let him do it on a regular basis if my child was under 18.  While I understand curiosity is something we need to allow kids to have, I still believe in parental oversight on guiding their children properly.
Id encourage more gender appropriate behavior.  If it became obsessive then yes i would limit it.  

Yeah you should do more research.  And stop trying to dispute a Nugget and magically turn it into your point being right.  Thats annoying
You posted the claim.  Im asking you who is advocating that.  Ans within what is being discussed…nobody here has.

Im disputing more than a nugget.  Im disputing nearly everything  you have posted including the agreement with a tweet that started the whole discussion.  A tweet which seems ms Owens needs to do more research outside of her little bubble of who agrees with her and do more than tweet things meant to inflame rather than inform.  

We've been over that a few times.  They don't care, and just post the same stuff again. 
Youre so right.  I absolutely don't care.  You couldn't be more right.  And all this article proves is it is an illness.  I didn't say it doesn't exist. It does and it needs to be treated.  These people need help.

You posted the claim.  Im asking you who is advocating that.  Ans within what is being discussed…nobody here has.

Im disputing more than a nugget.  Im disputing nearly everything  you have posted including the agreement with a tweet that started the whole discussion.  A tweet which seems ms Owens needs to do more research outside of her little bubble of who agrees with her and do more than tweet things meant to inflame rather than inform.  
Oh god sho.  Whatever man.  I dont have the time with you.   I just made up the concept of puberty blockers.  Yep.  That was me that just invebted it. No one has spoken of it before. Im amazing 

For the record, all of the people I know that have transgender children have consulted with mental health professionals.
Exactly.  and I would guess those professionals said to embrace whst they were and accept them. Maybe not in the sense of blockers/hormones right away, but name/pronouns/dress.   

So maybe BR and Mike are just talking about the more permanent changes and against them? (but I've also read about the reversal of the hormone stuff too). 

Oh god sho.  Whatever man.  I dont have the time with you.   I just made up the concept of puberty blockers.  Yep.  That was me that just invebted it. No one has spoken of it before. Im amazing 
When did I even infer that?

Read what I wrote and quoted in bold earlier.  Who is advocating immediately jumping to puberty blockers or other measures?  You made that claim..now you are just selectively reading what was posting and taking the extremes to try and push it off as my fault.  Stop.  T

But yeah…best to walk away before you make more incorrect assertions or comparisons to murder.

None of this has a thing to do with the topic and is pointless.

Youre so right.  I absolutely don't care.  You couldn't be more right.  And all this article proves is it is an illness.  I didn't say it doesn't exist. It does and it needs to be treated.  These people need help.

It proves that Gender Dysphoria is classified as a mental illness, but not that Identifying as being transgender or gender diverse is also classified as a mental illness. 

Exactly.  and I would guess those professionals said to embrace whst they were and accept them. Maybe not in the sense of blockers/hormones right away, but name/pronouns/dress.   

So maybe BR and Mike are just talking about the more permanent changes and against them? (but I've also read about the reversal of the hormone stuff too). 
I'm willing to bet for every professional that says embrace and accept there are professionals that say get those CHILDREN help.   Remember we are talking kids here. Kids.  They can't put their shoes on the right feet and haven't gone through puberty yet but we are going to accept transgenderism?  Nope. No chance

I will never approve of hormone blockers and promoting transgenderism in children. EVER.  IMO, it is akin to child abuse and it should be treated with the full hammer of the law as we do in any child abuse case.

If they are an adult and want to do that stuff, then fine.  They can make their own decision.

When did I even infer that?

Read what I wrote and quoted in bold earlier.  Who is advocating immediately jumping to puberty blockers or other measures?  You made that claim..now you are just selectively reading what was posting and taking the extremes to try and push it off as my fault.  Stop.  T

But yeah…best to walk away before you make more incorrect assertions or comparisons to murder.

None of this has a thing to do with the topic and is pointless.
Woah sho.  Easy. Nothing is your fault man.  Just take it easy. Deep breaths. No one is blaming you.  Its ok.  You have an opinion.  Its ok to have it.  Seriously. No one is saying anything is your fault.   Repeat that.  Its NOT your fault.  

Youre right.  I will walk away here. Youre going down a scary path.  Its not your fault man.

This thread turned into a hot gross mess really fast. Ignorance and bigotry are fully on display.

There are some posters here that I desperately hope don't have children with any sort of mental health issues, and I'll leave it at that before I get an involuntary vacation. 

I'm willing to bet for every professional tgat says embrace and accept there are professionals that say get those CHILDREN help.   Remember we are talking kids here. Kids.  They can't put their shoes on the right feel and haven't gone through puberty yet but we are going to accept transgenderism?  Nope. No chance
I'm guessing you are wrong, and the division in opinions would be when/if to start permanent changes.  But we won't know unless one if us is going to go out and interview a bunch of child psychologists and ask.  

There are a handful of parents in here with trans kids who have been forthright before, I'd guess they'd be willing to answer questions about the process and what they were told if interested.  

I will never approve of hormone blockers and promoting transgenderism in children. EVER.  IMO, it is akin to child abuse and it should be treated with the full hammer of the law as we do in any child abuse case.

If they are an adult and want to do that stuff, then fine.  They can make their own decision.
Just so I am 100% clear.  By this you mean absolutely 0 name changes, dressing differently, etc? 

This thread turned into a hot gross mess really fast. Ignorance and bigotry are fully on display.

There are some posters here that I desperately hope don't have children with any sort of mental health issues, and I'll leave it at that before I get an involuntary vacation. 
Yup, crosses the accusing fellow FBGers of child abuse.    Been said before though.  

Ah, yes, the 'ol "you don't agree with me so you're a <insert bigot, racist, homophobe, sexist, etc... here>" by the usual limousine liberals, dilettantes and virtue signalers.

I'm guessing you are wrong, and the division in opinions would be when/if to start permanent changes.  But we won't know unless one if us is going to go out and interview a bunch of child psychologists and ask.  

There are a handful of parents in here with trans kids who have been forthright before, I'd guess they'd be willing to answer questions about the process and what they were told if interested.  
I'm totally not interested.  My kids aren't transgender and thats all I care about.  And if they thought they were id seek help for them.  Im very clear that many don't agree with me.  I dont need to hear other parents testimonials to confirm that.   Do parents of transgendered kids want to hear from the parents of non trans kids to help them see it their way?

They're still wrong in my opinion,just as they will say I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread