What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rittenhouse an Andrew Yang supporter? (1 Viewer)

So...seems pretty meh on both.  Which is to be expected from most 17 year olds.
I tend to agree, but he drove quite a ways to catch the Trump rally and get a front row seat. 4 hour drive to Des Moines from Chicago?   Seems like an odd behavior for a casual fan. 

Per the Tucker Carlson interview the extent of his political involvement was as an Andrew Yang supporter.  He wasn't a Trumper.  He didn't even follow politics all that closely.  He saw Andrew Yang speak and thought he was the best candidate because he was smart.

This will be the most easy to predict thread of the week for how it'll go. 

That his handlers did a good job of prepping him with fake talking points for an interview?

I know nobody is making Rittenhouse do public interviews and I'm sure the money is there but knowing people will make these kinds of accusations against you would be enough to make me try to disappear. At some point, the money just isn't worth this kind of thing.

I know nobody is making Rittenhouse do public interviews and I'm sure the money is there but knowing people will make these kinds of accusations against you would be enough to make me try to disappear. At some point, the money just isn't worth this kind of thing.
I agree, but you and I for example have different financial (and other) starting points than Rittenhouse. 

I agree, but you and I for example have different financial (and other) starting points than Rittenhouse. 

Thanks. So I understand, you're saying he has a lesser financial position than me and therefore be more willing to put up with comments like that for the money? I can see that. 

It's just still discouraging. 

Andrew Yang is probably like, oh crap.
Andrew Yang

@AndrewYang

I didn’t think this needed stating but people who hold ideologies - such as white supremacy - that are antithetical to grace and tolerance are not welcome in the Forward Party. Our movement for democracy reform is fighting to diminish harmful extremism.

eta---time stamp didn't copy, 8 hours ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather than try to engage on this, I’ll just say happy thanksgiving Joe.   I hope you and yours have a great holiday.

Andrew Yang

@AndrewYang

I didn’t think this needed stating but people who hold ideologies - such as white supremacy - that are antithetical to grace and tolerance are not welcome in the Forward Party. Our movement for democracy reform is fighting to diminish harmful extremism.

Interesting from Yang. And interesting how it relates to the other thread asking about how much the Rittenhouse case had to do with white supremacy. Most folks here seem to think not but much but the national picture seems different. And for sure, Yang didn't directly call him that but the implication is obvious. 

And again, maybe Rittenhouse is totally a white supremacist. I have no idea. My question was how it had to do with the case and I've found the contrast interesting. 

Andrew Yang

@AndrewYang

Hard to interpret other than he has to say this because if he doesn't half of twitter (which is 90% of the morons in the country) will assume he's supporting a white supremacist.

Interesting from Yang. And interesting how it relates to the other thread asking about how much the Rittenhouse case had to do with white supremacy. Most folks here seem to think not but much but the national picture seems different. And for sure, Yang didn't directly call him that but the implication is obvious. 

And again, maybe Rittenhouse is totally a white supremacist. I have no idea. My question was how it had to do with the case and I've found the contrast interesting. 
The case had nothing to do with white supremacy.  KR and the culture around him may have some.  Andrew Yang is trying to distance himself from Gaetz, Gosar, MTG, and the rest of the Trump leaning GOP. 

Does it matter?  Seems like a good question for one of the other KR threads discussing the actual case but I am guessing it has been addressed.

I don't think it relates to him at all.  He is just trying to disassociate himself, and 'his party', from perceived extremists

I think maybe we're parsing semantics. I think it "relates" to Yang in the sense Yang doesn't want to have any relation to a perceived white supremacist. Which was discussed in the other threads. 

To me aside from the fact Rittenhouse said he liked Andrew Yang, I thought it was interesting to see Yang immediately make the implication that Rittenhouse was a white supremacist. He's obviously smart enough to say it without actually saying it. But the point was obvious.

Hard to interpret other than he has to say this because if he doesn't half of twitter (which is 90% of the morons in the country) will assume he's supporting a white supremacist.
So he too is implying KR is a white supremacist. Neat.

This is a really weird guilt-by-association story.  Why am I supposed to care who or what KR likes or doesn't like?  He's a dumb kid who got assaulted by three other dumb people.  That doesn't make one a role model.

Interesting and a big problem in the country imo.  The difference between coverage of KR and the Waukesha killer is amazing.  In KR’s instance the only evidence that he is a racist is him flashing the ok sign with a few Proud Boys at a bar.  The Waukesha driver has much more online evidence of violent racist ideations, yet his motives aren’t even questioned.  The Liberal media calls it a car crash.

But we’ve been over this as nauseum and it doesn’t look like the Dems and MSM are planning on changing their horrible policies on race anytime soon.

Statistically, I am 100% certain that Yang supporters include child molesters, rapists, serial killers, Patriots fans, and other undesirables.  None of that is Yang's fault or has anything to do with him whatsoever.

This is a really weird guilt-by-association story.  Why am I supposed to care who or what KR likes or doesn't like?  He's a dumb kid who got assaulted by three other dumb people.  That doesn't make one a role model.
Yeah, I made the mistake of calling Rittenhouse a hero and I wish I could take that back.  The video of him punching the girl, and even to an extent the ok picture (white power), changed my opinion of him.

The good news is that despite all the disfunction in our press and in society, our Justice system appears to be working quite well.  Both this case and the Arbery case came back with the right decisions.

So Ivan, you refuse to denounce white supremacy?

And that's how it's done today.

Yeah, I made the mistake of calling Rittenhouse a hero and I wish I could take that back.  The video of him punching the girl, and even to an extent the ok picture (white power), changed my opinion of him.

The good news is that despite all the disfunction in our press and in society, our Justice system appears to be working quite well.  Both this case and the Arbery case came back with the right decisions.
We've had our issues in the past, ek - but great post here.   We need more honesty and willingness to reexamine positions like this.   

I get where you were coming from (and others) with the hero take.   While I wasn't a fan overall of heading into that situation as a teen, the impulse to want to head in and help others is something I am sure all of us would like to foster in our kids.   That part shouldn't be overlooked.  

From what he said he liked that Trump supports the police and is a businessman .

That said , are people really surprised that a a kid who thought it was a good idea to go to a riot armed with a rifle would continue to make questionable decisions?

Right or wrong it really is time for this kid to go away.  I realize the right is going to hold him up as a hero and will probably be a senator within 2 years but it really just speaks to how broken this country is.

KR is a sort of a political token at the moment to be played. He doesn’t really seem to be shying away from it at the moment. 

Why should he?   KR it a token but If you get aquitted here you write books and make bank.

I was watching TMZ and Harvey who is a liberal as they come keeps saying "This should not have anything to do with politics"  

Why should he?   KR it a token but If you get aquitted here you write books and make bank.

I was watching TMZ and Harvey who is a liberal as they come keeps saying "This should not have anything to do with politics"  
He can do whatever he wants but part of making bank by being in the public eye is being judged by what you say and how you act.

When Tucker Carlson is your first interview you are presenting yourself in a certain way for instance.

He can do whatever he wants but part of making bank by being in the public eye is being judged by what you say and how you act.

When Tucker Carlson is your first interview you are presenting yourself in a certain way for instance.

Maybe Carlson was the first or only one to ask him.   Did Don Lemon or Cooper reach out to him?   

Maybe Carlson was the first or only one to ask him.   Did Don Lemon or Cooper reach out to him?   
Who knows, I would think it's very unlikely that he wouldn't have his choice of interviews. Tucker was also creating a documentary that they filmed with KR during the trial process I believe so there's that. 

In any case this doesn't really matter. He doesn't have to do interviews, he is choosing to. It's fine but he owns these decisions. 

Regarding Yang. He was an interesting candidate. He has a bit of Beto about him though in that he isn't good at the main part of being a national politician - winning elections.
Have you ever looked at the election record of Abraham Lincoln?

For not being a Trumper, he sure didn't waste any time meeting with Trump to raise some more money for his defense fund, did he?
If jump at the chance to meet with any president, so that means little.  Certainly doesn't mean he's a fan.  This meeting looks to have been for mutual convenience.

Right or wrong it really is time for this kid to go away.  I realize the right is going to hold him up as a hero and will probably be a senator within 2 years but it really just speaks to how broken this country is.

You think he'll "probably be a senator within two years"? I'm assuming you don't really. But when we "discuss" issues with that kind of extremism, that seems to me something that's broken. Or at least something we can control here. I know you have good things to post and discuss. Please do more of that. Thanks. 

Who knows, I would think it's very unlikely that he wouldn't have his choice of interviews. Tucker was also creating a documentary that they filmed with KR during the trial process I believe so there's that. 

In any case this doesn't really matter. He doesn't have to do interviews, he is choosing to. It's fine but he owns these decisions. 

I really don`t care what he does or does not do.

Nothing to really own now other than getting his views of the case out.

You think he'll "probably be a senator within two years"? I'm assuming you don't really. But when we "discuss" issues with that kind of extremism, that seems to me something that's broken. Or at least something we can control here. I know you have good things to post and discuss. Please do more of that. Thanks. 

I actually do think he will run for something when he hits 25 and legally can.    Strike while the iron is hot and I think he and his handlers will actually take advantage of that.  He has a lot of momentum.  

I didn't do that actual math when I said two years...i'll do better next time

If jump at the chance to meet with any president, so that means little.  Certainly doesn't mean he's a fan.  This meeting looks to have been for mutual convenience.

An ex-president if you want to be technical and a meeting that has generated some controversy.

And, no, it doesn't automatically mean that he is a fan, but when Trump was POTUS several sports figures, whose teams were being honored at the White House, opted out of meeting with him because they were not fans of his and perceived that it might be viewed as an endorsement of his policies/positions.

I really don`t care what he does or does not do.

Nothing to really own now other than getting his views of the case out.
Yeah he can do whatever he wants. By doing his first interview with Tucker, calling up Trump to get a pic, he's picking a certain path here is my point. This is his choice.

I actually do think he will run for something when he hits 25 and legally can.    Strike while the iron is hot and I think he and his handlers will actually take advantage of that.  He has a lot of momentum.  

I didn't do that actual math when I said two years...i'll do better next time

Thanks. If you really believe that,  I apologize. I thought you were being sarcastic. I do mean though that I want us all to do what we can to be productive in how we discuss things. There is so much that's not in our control. Seems like most everything. But we can control how we talk about it. 

It'll be interesting to see he does pursue office. I know way less than most everyone here but my perception was he's just this week's news story and will not have a future as a political leader. 

Yeah he can do whatever he wants. By doing his first interview with Tucker, calling up Trump to get a pic, he's picking a certain path here is my point. This is his choice.
Yah because if he didn’t do those things he woulda fit right in with the squad 

What is your point?
That once he was labeled as a white supremacist by the president of the United States, who is a democrat, his political path was narrowed…regardless if his first appearance was on Tucker or not.

That once he was labeled as a white supremacist by the president of the United States, who is a democrat, his political path was narrowed…regardless if his first appearance was in Tucker or not.
That you used political path I guess is my point. He can go any number of routes with his PR coming out of this. He’s choosing Tucker the ultimate troll TV show guy and calling Trump to meet with him for photo ops. It’s fine and I do understand wanting to self-promote coming out of this which is what seems to be happening here. 

Biden’s team, Biden as a candidate should not have used his image in this video denouncing white supremacy. 

I'm not sure I understand the surprise. He was the central figure in an important case for pro 2nd amendment and self defense. Is there a more likely person than Tucker Carlson to want to interview him? I doubt Rachel Maddow was calling. 

Users who are viewing this thread