What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (3 Viewers)

I'm calling shenanigans. 47-year-old Julio Franco just stole third? And it's his fourth steal of the year? Didn't anybody hear the scooter start up?

Pedro was handing out walks in this one, and the Reds still couldn't capitalize. He whined to the umpire, but nicely I guess, during a mound meeting, and sure enough the guy gives him a strike off the plate by more than a foot. That was after walking the bases loaded. Key point in the game right there.

The other reason they got beat is they couldn't hit for #### with RISP.
This has been a theme in their "slump". Starting pitching has been :thumbup: but the combo of relief and offense has been killing them.

The other reason they got beat is they couldn't hit for #### with RISP.
This has been a theme in their "slump". Starting pitching has been :thumbup: but the combo of relief and offense has been killing them.
If I'm not mistaken, their only 2 runs today came from fly balls. They could not get one hit when it counted, NUMEROUS times, and this was not a dominating Pedro -- 5 walks, which he never does. It was quite pathetic.

Phillips is a stud. :thumbup:
That was a helluva pick-up by Krivsky. I'll give him that. David Ross looks like another steal.
I wouldn't be so sure about Ross. It's still the honeymoon.
Why not start him every day until the honeymoon's over?3 catchers. :rolleyes:
True. I just didn't get the feeling that he was the goods when he was with the Dodgers. I'd like to see him keep it up, however...seems like a good guy.

Brong> you still in here?
Going back and forth between the Dodger game and the computer. Softball in 45 minutes. :thumbup:
You down to play golf on Monday in the Orange County area?
Sure.
sweet, I'm heading to the Los Al race track Sunday night, then down to play where ever on Monday as I can't get into my room until after 3pm in downtown la.
Might go to the track with ya, who knows. I'll pmail you my number. I'll call Kid Kong about courses to play (he knows more), but I doubt he will be able to join us on a Monday. If you want to book a tee time some place, go for it. Go Reds! :unsure:

Brong> you still in here?
Going back and forth between the Dodger game and the computer. Softball in 45 minutes. :thumbup:
You down to play golf on Monday in the Orange County area?
Sure.
sweet, I'm heading to the Los Al race track Sunday night, then down to play where ever on Monday as I can't get into my room until after 3pm in downtown la.
Might go to the track with ya, who knows. I'll pmail you my number. I'll call Kid Kong about courses to play (he knows more), but I doubt he will be able to join us on a Monday. If you want to book a tee time some place, go for it. Go Reds! :unsure:
got it, I actually already had it in my phone :unsure:

hey Reds fans......if Krivsky calls up Homer Bailey, do they start him off in the rotaion or long relief? if he goes to the starting rotation who gets bumped from the rotation to the pen?

Bailey is now in Double A and I keep reading the Reds want to hold him off, but if he continues to impress, they might move him up sooner rather than later.

hey Reds fans......if Krivsky calls up Homer Bailey, do they start him off in the rotaion or long relief?  if he goes to the starting rotation who gets bumped from the rotation to the pen?

Bailey is now in Double A and I keep reading the Reds want to hold him off, but if he continues to impress, they might move him up sooner rather than later.
i can see the possiblity of them calling him up and giving him some starts at the end of the season when they call up their 40 man rosters...maybe even some bullpen in blowouts just to see how he does against mlb hitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Reds fans......if Krivsky calls up Homer Bailey, do they start him off in the rotaion or long relief? if he goes to the starting rotation who gets bumped from the rotation to the pen?

I'd say if they're still in contention mid-August, they call him up and start him out of the bullpen.

Anyone listen to Pete on Furman's show tonight?

How anyone can't love this guy is beyond me.

Krivsky has done NOTHING but impress Reds fans thus far. He and Bob C. are what this team has needed for a long, long time.That being said, I, as most Reds fans should, would want to hang Krivsky if Homer even sniffs anything above AA until mid-season next year. He is 2 years removed from high school and has yet to dominate at any level, nor show the consistency that I'd want to see from any kid they bring up that soon. Sure, Homer looked AWESOME in 3/4 of his starts in High-A ball this first half of the season, but the other 1/4 of his games (closer to 1/3 of his stats) he looked quite pedestrian.

As is, I'm not a big fan of his promotion to Chatanooga (AA) already, although his first start there was impressive. With the Reds track record of arm injuries w/ their pitching prospects (Gruler, Aramboles, Howington, amoung others), they should NOT rush Homer.

In fact, Homer's first half this season is still not as impressive as Howington's was a few years back and, when they rushed him, he blew out his arm and that was that. Homer is the best prospect we have in the minors. Please please please, coddle thy pitchers.

Jay Bruce, otoh, watch out for...and soon :thumbup:

-fe

Calling up Bailey means the Reds have to drop one of their stud relievers to make room on the 40 man roster.....

I really don't see him coming up until September callups, if then, unless he throws a couple of no-hitters down there.

If he does come up, it'll be to replace either May(s?) or Ramirez. One of those two is probably due to implode at some point.

The horrific nature of the bullpen is probably the only reason they aren't catching more heat for carrying three catchers all season.

I only caught a little of Pete on Furman's show, just the part where he picked Mike Schmidt as the best player he ever played with over Morgan or Bench and a few minutes after that.

ETA: Channel 12 sports girl announced that Edwin En-carsh-nash-ee-own is due to come off the DL. This isn't the one McAllister was saying was hot, is it? If so, then meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
When's the next road trip start?

:wall:
no kidding....i had a feeling with Milton on the mound tonight they wouldn't get it done, i had no idea Coffey was gonna make me want to puke in my mouth too.i don't gamble but i would bet a sig line the Reds win the next two with Harrang and Arroyo due up.

stinkin' Cardinals scored two in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Tribe. :wall:

it would be a minor miracle to see the Reds atop the Central at the all-star break.

Users who are viewing this thread